3DXChat Community

SERVER DOWN

Gizmo

11 minutes ago, unscjensen said:

I'm betting they are doing Windows Updates on their server host, and it's likely they forgot to launch the VM hosting the main game servers. That seems typical.

I can see this happening as well, especially with Windows 10. 

1 minute ago, unscjensen said:

Hahahahaha Sure.... then why is that imbedded in the game itself? And no, I'm not running the 32bit version.

1 minute ago, unscjensen said:

You need to be more clear, what is a pirated server? the discord is NOT 32 bit, and NOT pirated. WTF are you going on about?

The server running that version pf 3DXChat is NOT an official 3DX server that has permission to run 3DXChat. Whoever is running that server is doing so illegally.

This reminds me of the problem from December .. i mean the server is obviously up because it is accepting connections, giving xgold for daily  connect, and shows profiles and other things that are stored on the server. 

But it is disconnecting , much like it did back in December.  I was under the impression that we had some sort of hosting for the server, its too bad the hosting provider cant be contacted to check for the same condition that had us down back then

1 minute ago, moondance said:

This reminds me of the problem from December .. i mean the server is obviously up because it is accepting connections, giving xgold for daily  connect, and shows profiles and other things that are stored on the server. 

But it is disconnecting , much like it did back in December.  I was under the impression that we had some sort of hosting for the server, its too bad the hosting provider cant be contacted to check for the same condition that had us down back then

Excellent note!

3 minutes ago, unscjensen said:

So.... the game I have installed, with two different proxies, is somehow hitting a pirated server? You are either insane, or off your meds...

Not insane, nor off my meds. The link originally started on the 3DXMODz forum in the Chatbox, but was removed by the Admins there. I did not get a copy of that link. After about 1-2 days, the current link to the Discord invite appeared in the Chatbox. I do not know if it is still there or not. There are currently 201 users playing that version of 3DXChat and it had 2,025 members are of right now, 8:41pm CDT.

It is very possible we are talking about 2 completely different versions of 3DXChat. If so, I apologize for the confusion.

4 minutes ago, Francoo said:

Wata luck! 
Saturday night at home... Grr!!
I should have planned something else as a backup. I hope the server gets up as soon as possible! 

Anyone mind to ring Gizmo's phone? zzZ.. 😴

He is unwakeUpable while sleeping. Only water can help gizmo...

Картинки по запросу gizmo water gif

There is really no excuse for the kind of downtime we experience.  Servers can be duplicated, the offline server can be updated, failed over to, the regular server updated, then failed back to. I do this all the time every month with various servers.

Also, this notion that the developers don't notice until Monday is simply not acceptable either.  There are many ways to monitor whether or not a server is online and given the nature of the game, it being an obviously NSFW game, which means that we don't play it M-F, 8 to 5.  We play it on the weekends, late at night, early morning, etc.  There are many international customers, so 24 hour uptime is a must.  No one achieves 100% uptime, but the days-long outages we've experienced are due to simple laziness, frankly, on 3dx.

I still pay, I think it's a great game, I miss it when it's down.  But my yearly subscription is due to expire (I turned off auto-renew during the last days-long outage), and I was just thinking that I should renew it this evening because of said enjoyment.  But, I also realize that the only way 3dx is going to start listening and taking a little extra time to plan for and prevent these outages is to hit them in the pocket book.  So, we'll see.  I may still yet renew, but obviously if there's enough of this, I won't, and others won't.  

Please, 3dx.  Get proper monitoring, get a failover server, redundant service providers, if need be, and pay attention, be responsive.  Start being professional and stop shitting on your customers.

1 minute ago, jezebara said:

There is really no excuse for the kind of downtime we experience.  Servers can be duplicated, the offline server can be updated, failed over to, the regular server updated, then failed back to. I do this all the time every month with various servers.

Also, this notion that the developers don't notice until Monday is simply not acceptable either.  There are many ways to monitor whether or not a server is online and given the nature of the game, it being an obviously NSFW game, which means that we don't play it M-F, 8 to 5.  We play it on the weekends, late at night, early morning, etc.  There are many international customers, so 24 hour uptime is a must.  No one achieves 100% uptime, but the days-long outages we've experienced are due to simple laziness, frankly, on 3dx.

I still pay, I think it's a great game, I miss it when it's down.  But my yearly subscription is due to expire (I turned off auto-renew during the last days-long outage), and I was just thinking that I should renew it this evening because of said enjoyment.  But, I also realize that the only way 3dx is going to start listening and taking a little extra time to plan for and prevent these outages is to hit them in the pocket book.  So, we'll see.  I may still yet renew, but obviously if there's enough of this, I won't, and others won't.  

Please, 3dx.  Get proper monitoring, get a failover server, redundant service providers, if need be, and pay attention, be responsive.  Start being professional and stop shitting on your customers.

Sounds like you're a decent IT Tech.

1 minute ago, jezebara said:

I fully agree with all of this. it's a subscription service, and there is a responsibility to us, the paying clientele.

back in the 90's, I worked in tech support for an independent ISP in a fairly big city. we'd get phone calls, waking us at like 2am, to run down to the data center & reset servers etc. we did it, partly because it our job, but also because we cared.

2 minutes ago, olivermellors said:

I fully agree with all of this. it's a subscription service, and there is a responsibility to us, the paying clientele.

back in the 90's, I worked in tech support for an independent ISP in a fairly big city. we'd get phone calls, waking us at like 2am, to run down to the data center & reset servers etc. we did it, partly because it our job, but also because we cared.

Don't take this seriously or get on the defensive .. but I had a good chuckle when i read your message.

I mean, I laughed because you'd get woken up at 2am WHILE doing tech support for that company ? Did your boss know you were sleeping on the job ?

Carry on and thanks for the laugh!

1 minute ago, PixieSparkles said:

Monday?! Wait it won't be working again until Monday? That's bonkers. I thought it would maybe be a few hours, like most online services during maintenance. Jeeze, why didn't I wait until Monday to resubscribe? 🙄

It'll be back Monday? Where do you see that, Pixie?

4 minutes ago, jezebara said:

In this day and age, no reason for not having pro-active monitoring with notifications sent to someone. I wonder what the backend looks like on this. Need to be Load balancing across multiple servers and not rely on a single provider. Near 100% uptime should be achievable and never extended downtime. I just joined this world 3 days ago, so this is the first time seeing server issues.

I hope they fix it soon, I need blood to replenish my soul.

1 minute ago, PixieSparkles said:

Monday?! Wait it won't be working again until Monday? That's bonkers. I thought it would maybe be a few hours, like most online services during maintenance. Jeeze, why didn't I wait until Monday to resubscribe? 🙄

Maybe it'll be back online sooner, sweetie.  However, given the length of some outages, we' can consider ourselves lucky if it is back online BY Monday.  These can last several days.

13 minutes ago, jezebara said:

Is where I saw it.

Though now I am reading it's a possibility it may be sooner. Very confused atm lol.

Just now, jezebara said:

Maybe it'll be back online sooner, sweetie.  However, given the length of some outages, we' can consider ourselves lucky if it is back online BY Monday.  These can last several days.

Here's hoping.

Edited by PixieSparkles