3DXChat Community

SERVER DOWN

Gizmo

If I remember what has been said before could be on vacation as they're taken at certain times of the year or a tech issues that is being sorted and being put first to get the game back up and running.Β  Sometimes that takes the lead before giving a reply about the matter.

If I remember what has been said before could be on vacation as they're taken at certain times of the year or a tech issues that is being sorted and being put first to get the game back up and running.Β  Sometimes that takes the lead before giving a reply about the matter.

Β 

Well, what we ask for is not even an explanation of what the issue is and when it will be fixed, but simply something like "we are experiencing issues with the server and investigating, we dont know how long it will take but we will try to keep you informed".

Β 

Right now it looks like they arent even aware of anything. I am fine with tech issues, it happens to many companies bigger than they are, just a message to show they are alive would be welcome.

Β 

They had a situation where everything was completely fucked up on their web site this year and they could not even send out new member confirmations with player passwords. Quite a few new members who signed up for the game were not even able to log in to play after purchasing memberships.

Β 

Β 

there was an easy fix for that, all they had to do is go to main website, and do "forgot my password" and it would have been sent to them, that's all, if they couldn't figure that one out by themselves....then fuck...we don't want that kind of stupid pplz on 3DX anyway

Well, what we ask for is not even an explanation of what the issue is and when it will be fixed, but simply something like "we are experiencing issues with the server and investigating, we dont know how long it will take but we will try to keep you informed".

Β 

Right now it looks like they arent even aware of anything. I am fine with tech issues, it happens to many companies bigger than they are, just a message to show they are alive would be welcome.

While I agree with you that as customers who pay for a service, should get something but that's not always the case.Β  As a lot here know the communication isn't that great all the time and when an issue does arise we usually get something after a while.Β  As I said, if on vacation the issue may not be known, while it sucks it is possible if not logging in and checking anything.

Β 

I have Comcast (xfinity) for my TV, internet and home phone service, they had an outage that lasted a good few hours, nothing was available, so people took to their social media demanding what was going on, no reply, when the replies were done when when they figured out what was wrong and started to get some of the service back up.Β  They didn't respond prior to that even though people bitched, why because they didn't know and put finding out what the issue was first, once they knew and had partial restore like their phones as when calling in you got a busy signal, you were finally getting a recorded message stating the issue and that they were working on it, once back up they gave the customers a credit on their account.

They have a recent working test server as a backup they could roll back too if needed there is no way they could be so stupid as not having a working backup.

Β 

I also find it suprising they wouldn't have a script that automatically reboots the systems if certain conditions occur.

Β 

Additionally, having run game servers remotely myself, the servers generate email and text messages to the owner and anyone designated approved. They would have received alerts days ago within minutes -unless they have servers at big Joe's bargin Bin. The fact no moderation exists in here currently indicates they simply aren't around for whatever reason. Add up all the facts and clearly this isn't just some software issue, it's a people issue. It's simply been abandoned temporarily or permanently. Vacation, illness, tragedy or crisis.

While I agree with you that as customers who pay for a service, should get something but that's not always the case.Β  As a lot here know the communication isn't that great all the time and when an issue does arise we usually get something after a while.Β  As I said, if on vacation the issue may not be known, while it sucks it is possible if not logging in and checking anything.

Β 

I have Comcast (xfinity) for my TV, internet and home phone service, they had an outage that lasted a good few hours, nothing was available, so people took to their social media demanding what was going on, no reply, when the replies were done when when they figured out what was wrong and started to get some of the service back up.Β  They didn't respond prior to that even though people bitched, why because they didn't know and put finding out what the issue was first, once they knew and had partial restore like their phones as when calling in you got a busy signal, you were finally getting a recorded message stating the issue and that they were working on it, once back up they gave the customers a credit on their account.

Β 

Oh yes, if the outage had been a couple of hours or even a whole day, knowing how it works on 3dx, no communication would have been fine :) Now we speak about more than 3 days, that starts to be long. I dont think a phone company would remain silent so long. I wouldnt be surprised that the game is up again in a couple of day, without a single word too from admins. Regarding vacations, yes they might be in vacation, and therefore not able to fix the problem, but I am pretty sure they have phones and therefore access to forum to give an answer. I don't know what is going on, and I hope nothing wrong happened to Gizmo and/or Lisa. With my logic of customer support, no answer since so long is or because they just went away with the remaining money, or both got locked in a cave without internet. But since it is 3dx, they might just be fixing the problem and all will be back like nothing happened :)

A lot of people are getting pissed. First time I had to create an account on here, to see whats been going on. I doubt they run out of money to run the server considering I saw 300 or more people in queue.Β  I also just find it odd that on there twitter account on 11/7/18 they announced they be adding the chair content. On that date around evening time is when the server went down. If anything the Dev could be either updating or damage control of there server. Also I seen posts about California, I don't know what that has to do with it, if they live there then I feel definitely bad and hope things work out. Also if there server headquarters are there, that could also be the reason. I do agree with a lot of folks that they should at least message us.My other question to everyone is has anyone contacted them by twitter? if they are on vacation, like some has said maybe they would see that in there feed.

The server went down Wednesday, the first day in which I could not log in as I did not renew my subscription. It is I who caused this problem. Giz might be a lover of mine, on an alt and is butthurt that I never renewedΒ  :P

Β 

It is I who is at fault! I left and took 3dx with me!

Not really, obviously. Strange coincidence though.

Β 

A prime example why I did not renew. The lack of content is by far, too sparse. There is a major lack of customer service, nearly non existent. This seems to have become worse over the years and I do not accept anything which defends the development of this game. I understand that something may have come up in Giz's real life. I'm patient and have always given the benefit of the doubt but this finally proves that this may be a one man show. I just really hope all is well on his end and that nothing has happened.

Β 

However, until this place improves, not aesthetically nor by simply putting lipstick on a pig but a major overhaul on how this place is maintained, treated and viewed by the development 'team'. Patience is needed while taking up residence here as a player. However, this is like being in a bad relationship. You give and take. You bite your tongue, you deal with the inconsistencies and a little abuse. However, neglect and ignorance is not acceptable and until this world we try to play in becomes treated professionally and with the respect that the players deserve, after 4 years, I say with regret that my time here has come to an end. My patience has worn thin and I cannot give anymore to this neglectful relationship we have with the progress of this place. I cannot financially support a business which does not appreciate nor pay attention to their senior customers, or any customer, for that matter, for so many years. If I were to do this to a customer of mine in RL, I would lose their business to another company. Unfortunately I have no other company to turn to for proper service. Grrrrr! Someone make something else pleaseΒ  :wacko:

Β 

To the people who would rather complain, please, take a break. Do yourself this favor and simply take a step back for a while. Save the energy which you use to complain and actually do something about it which shows your dissatisfaction. Cancel your sub. I'm afraid that is the only way to get your point across, as since I've been here, nothing that anyone has said has been given any quarter, except those who are close to the development team. Sounds like a cult hahaha.

Β 

Until things improve, ta-ta.

Β 

Fin.

I tested everything I could of Sex Devil Games yesterday.

Β 

Password retrieval, xGold purchase, contact customer support, download 3dx, fuck I even downloaded that shitty Juliet game.

Β 

Even this toilet bowl excuse for a forum.

Β 

Everything works.

Β 

The server connection issue will be fixed, I have very few doubts. Just a matter of when, not if. I just wanted to illustrate and make it very clear we will probably not hear a single word from gizmo or sex devil games, even after the issue is resolved.

Β 

Gizmo over there with our money like ...

Β 

Thanks God we have the trolls to test this out for us. Hard to imagine a forum live without you.

so if the messages in the screenshots posted by briana are true, alivia was right when she was saying that the shutdown was due to the move of the game to the new server. The bad thing is that devs didn't take 2 minutes to post here the reason and to warn us that the game will be offline for few days (and lets hope only few days)

Β 

Ps: sorry to see you leave sheydie, i'll miss you

so if the messages in the screenshots posted by briana are true, alivia was right when she was saying that the shutdown was due to the move of the game to the new server. The bad thing is that devs didn't take 2 minutes to post here the reason and to warn us that the game will be offline for few days (and lets hope only few days)

Β 

The screenshot is about the Modz forum website changing servers, not 3dx chat. Modz is improving the speed there if I understood well.

Β 

The screenshot is about the Modz forum website changing servers, not 3dx chat. Modz is improving the speed there if I understood well.

Β 

Lee, I will be back but only after this place improves. It's run like a poorly owned business and I cannot allow my money to be wasted.

Β 

I hold hope that things will return to as they were, before 2016. You know ... when we mattered and communication existed between the community and the owner(s).

Β 

I'm not mad, just disappointed. Which is worse is up for debate.

Β 

Β 

PS: a few have left with me.

So, I wrote to BMT Micro, like 2 hours ago and got this answer from them:

Β 

Hello,

The gamesite may be having some technical problems at this time. Several
customers have reported the same. I will forward your message to the
developers' technical support address at 3dxhelp@gmail.com, so that they
can reply and advise you in more detail.

Best regards,
----
BMT Micro, Inc Customer Service
cservice@bmtmicro.com
910-792-1889 Fax

http://www.bmtmicro.com
http://www.bmtmicro-info.com

Β