3DXChat Community

SERVER DOWN

Gizmo

Whatever servers they have are obviously running in some way, we just sadly get disconnected.

So, I recently registered on the main server because one more friend thought I would like what I find on 3DXChat if I visited the test server. I did, and I’m finding my timing to join was horrible it seems. Lol

I really like what I’ve seen and most people I’ve met. I don’t understand why nothing has been said about what is going on by 3DXChat staff, but it is what it is I guess. :( 

Whatever servers they have are obviously running in some way, we just sadly get disconnected.

So, I recently registered on the main server because one more friend thought I would like what I find on 3DXChat if I visited the test server. I did, and I’m finding my timing to join was horrible it seems. Lol

I really like what I’ve seen and most people I’ve met. I don’t understand why nothing has been said about what is going on by 3DXChat staff, but it is what it is I guess. :( 

i think they dont have the personel to fix the problem due to its weekend now 

and since they cant estimate ,the dont tell us till they know more .

Now why we got in the weekend with this problem? answers can be numerous from late response to they dont know yet the problem .

Few words of comfort i play this game 17 months close to 18 months only last year server was down ,3dxchat server dont have issues often 

i mean come on 1 per year for a serv er to be down its nothing .

i know you all frustrated and its alright  to be  cause they dont say anything  but thats how they work ,i dont know why they are like this but general crowed control rule either from goverments or companies is to not share much n panic ppl .

Do i like it ? NO  but hehe

Im sure Monday max tuesday we will have news :) so be patience till then :)

Now why we got in the weekend with this problem? answers can be numerous from late response to they dont know yet the problem .

Few words of comfort i play this game 17 months close to 18 months only last year server was down ,3dxchat server dont have issues often 

i know you all frustrated and its alright  to be  cause they dont say anything  but thats how they work ,i dont know why they are like this but general crowed control rule either from goverments or companies is to not share much n panic ppl .

Well they don't reply... not because they don't have an estimate. 

It's because they are not even here. I think it's obvious that even the forums aren't moderated at all for the time being.

tumblr_n1k5q9aZb81r2lonmo3_400.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=10451344

People are coming up with these crazy conspiracies like, maybe they gave up on 3DX. Despite all the crap people give Gizmo, I doubt he would just give up, about a week ago they was talking about new features and fixes. People are talking about money issues. I am sure 3DX has a stable source of income from subscriptions. If it was something legal, then why are the 3DX Chat website and 3DX Forums still up?

I think 3DX is like a two person team, Gizmo and Lisa. The more likely explanation is that Gizmo decided to take a vacation for a long weekend, and while he was away there was an unfortunate technical issue and it will most likely be fixed when Gizmo returns. I am not trying to make excuses, we are all paying customers and we expect a quicker response, so maybe Gizmo should employ someone who can fix server issues in his absence or someone who can say, “Apologies for the downtime, Gizmo is currently away until Monday and has been made aware of the issue and it will be fixed on Gizmo’s return”. Keep in mind that 3DX is a fairly small operation and Gizmo is allowed to take time off for vacation and other personal reasons.

I read this topic a few days, no matter what the problem is.

The company does not comment on it, is not good.

Everyone should think about paying more here. My booking will continue until march.

I'm not so annoyed about the failure, I'm angry that the ceos do not comment , what is going on here. they will lose much trust.

Hey, folks.  I haven't had an active account on the forums for years but this outage has forced me to open one again.  Let's all be a bit rational about what's happening and end the crazy speculation shall we?

Yes, the communication from the dev team is non-existent and awful.  That is a long established fact and shouldn't surprise anybody at this point.  It is what it is.

The evidence would indicate that Gizmo has no intent of shutting down or abandoning the site.  Speculating otherwise is a baseless emotional reaction with no grounds in the observable facts.  If he was going to just shut down shop and walk away wouldn't the forums have been axed as well?  Clearly at least parts of the server infrastructure are running.  He's been actively testing a new server architecture.  None of these are signs of planning to close shop.

I've worked in technology for a long time.  My guess is that there has been a major hardware failure or some sort.  Let's also remember that the game's infrastructure is likely not just sitting in Gizmo's closet and he's likely dependent on other providers to run the game.  Any number of things could have failed that are or are not under his immediate control. 

Could he have planned better to avoid an outage?  Sure.  Is the lack of communication in any way excusable?  Of course not.  

All we can do is wait and be patient like adults.  We all have the right to be disappointed but the adolescent rage and posting of poop pics isn't helping anything.  Chill out people.  I'm hopeful that things will get ironed our this week sometime.  At least I hope it does; I had some hot dates planned :)

-GAWD

DEV'S ARE ON VACATION AND WILL BE BACK WITHIN A WEEK

That's what you get when such a game like this is only being run by a few people.

Then you have to wait.

Let them enjoy their vacation. 

And After they will fix the issues.

If and when a vacation has been booked you're not going to cancel it

(only cancel it when certain occasions arrive and 3dxchat isn't one of them)

We all can go back to https://secure.bmtmicro.com/ to ask a refund for lost time when the game is up again. Not to worry!

I find it amusing to read what wild speculations are being brought to light here. And what a panic is made here, because the server has been down for a few days.

Yes, I don't think it's nice that we are left here without any information about why and why the server is down.
But also Gizmo and Lisa have a real life and who knows why they haven't contacted us yet.

Maybe we should all take a little breath and be a little more relaxed before we start to insult people here or call them incapable. Because I don't think it's the end of the game, or the end of the game, or making them wait for that extra long.

I think we should all wait for the new week and see what happens then.
Maybe someone has closer contact with one of them and knows more about what's going on, but wild guessing doesn't do us any good.

So keep calm and wait and see how it goes on.

Truly fascinating reading all the contributions on this thread -- I laughed, I cried, I rejoiced only to have my hopes dashed. I even found the trolling amusing. Except for that one time. I almost vomited. 

And then I hit Zen.

Despite the occasional exhibition of human detritus, at least nobody has been so vicious as to pretend that the servers are up again, and maintain the ruse :D That would have been exquisitely cruel.

Anyway, a wonderful community. Keep it up. Or even, keep "it" up ;)

10 Nov 2018 and suddenly I can't stay connected.  I've looked through the forum and tried all the tricks.  Nothing has changed on my PC; POOF, can stay connected more than 30 seconds.  Is the server down?  I've tried both and everything else.

Vacations and long weekends is also not an excuse.

Alot of us have careers and when we take time off we have someone cover for us. That is how a company stays in business.

You do not just go and leave everything unattended, you check your emails on occasion and respond to important messages.

When you are paid to supply a service you do your best to provide that service.

The size of the company or the amount of people working there is not relevant you still have the responsibility to cover your absence and provide the service you were contracted to provide.

If a technical issue arises that you can not resolve immediately at least communicate with your clients with an explanation and a timeline for repair.

I gotta say that this outage has actually shown me how much I´ve come to rely on the game.

I´ll not jump on the alarmist band wagon though, we´ll see what happens next week. I´ll start worrying if nothing has happened by next friday.

For the time I´ll try to look into F-List and A-Chat to pass the time.

I love to insist. So, game is now off for more than 72 hours. This is not normal. You can say we don't have lives, you can say we are negative, you can say we are ungrateful, you can whatever you want, I don't care, I don't live in a fantasy world : we are paying for a service and we can't access to it without any information. That's all. And that's unacceptable.

Its evident at this point that no admins or mods are working on the problem either theres been a planned holiday thats happened or something. Its a massive dissapointment and a huge break in trust. All we can hope for is that it all gets restored but I think doubts are valid at this point

I'm starting to think there are only two possible answers for the long outage.  First, the game is really gone (ran out of money for servers, just gave up, etc.).  The other is a major technical server issue that for some reason Gizmo either doesn't even know about yet or just can't fix.  It seems unlikely this was due to a game update.  Since recently Gizmo said the update should be out by the end of this month I'm kind of hoping it's the second option.  But as others have said if Monday comes and goes and no word I'd definitely think the game is no more.