3DXChat Community

SERVER DOWN

Gizmo

Alone

I did it .. I am in the 3DX world .. I did it ... but I am alone ... alone in this world .. where are my friends .. I run around.. first LI ...nobody there

run to the yacht ... nobody .. run further into the club`s ... no one there .. run on to the beach .. I'm alone .. only now do I notice this window ... connection lost in red...

I shove it down in the corner .. will not believe it .. go into my home .. I'm still alone... I start screaming... then I remember .. there are still two .. two more...Betty and Bob

I invite both... to my home...

I thought I was no longer alone .. I could say what I wanted ... but I got no answer ... I was still alone .. :( 

don`t worry be happy :) kiss

Relax guys...........it's not like they are going to shutdown the whole 3dxchat thing.........give devs some time......even a car breakdown causes a day or two's immobility and it happens without any prior information unless you check your car regularly..........same goes with servers..........so relax......

If you use your car profesionally, you have to check it periodically, and in case it fails you have to immediately use a substitution, if you want to continue your business (taxi business e.g.).

If you offer a server based service professionally, you have to have a backup system which can take over business within half an hour maximum.

Having not taken care for a situation like the current shows an absolute lack of professionalism.

As you said "unless you check your car regularly"... not checking your car regularly then having it breakdown on you, is nothing but your fault... which begs the question...Why aren't the servers maintained regularly???

All that aside, the issue here is the total silence... every one will be relaxed and totally understanding if the devs took a minute of their time and kept us in the loop of what's happening.

I am all for advising people to relax and be patient... but I am not with those who are not placing any fault on the devs for not keeping us in the know about the disconnection of service that we pay for.

I am not saying that I am in the support of absolute silence that is being maintained by the Devs at the moment over the server down issue. I am however trying to address those who are showing concern over the server being down rather than DEVs being silent over the current issue/scenario/situation of server being down. There is a difference......

I am not saying that I am in the support of absolute silence that is being maintained by the Devs at the moment over the server down issue. I am however trying to address those who are showing concern over the server being down rather than DEVs being silent over the current issue/scenario/situation of server being down. There is a difference......

The silence part wasn't aimed at you... my fault for not clarifying.

Still all this could have been averted if the devs just said anything... it's in our nature as humans to start making up things and worst case scenarios when kept in the dark.

but yeah, game isn't going down... someone who updated their members section of the website is not someone who's about to give up on his game... it's just a very poor customers support and communication issue... whether they are updating something or if it's just a server down problem.

If you use your car profesionally, you have to check it periodically, and in case it fails you have to immediately use a substitution, if you want to continue your business (taxi business e.g.).

If you offer a server based service professionally, you have to have a backup system which can take over business within half an hour maximum.

Having not taken care for a situation like the current shows an absolute lack of professionalism.

The situation is indeed being handled in a so called 'Unprofessional' way and I totally agree with you. However, damage is done, so either we all cry and keep asking the DEVs to show some professionalism at the moment and keep us updated, or let DEVs do their work and bring the servers up as soon as they can. Priority is to bring the servers up at the moment......their behavior towards us or the fellow players can be taken care later for now  :)

Also, most of us are already aware and are now habitual about the unprofessional behavior of DEVs towards the 3DXCHAT community to the point that most of us gave up on the hope of DEVs showing any kind of professionalism at this point. That is a known issue for LOOOOOOONG and so most of us don't expect them to do anything different this time either.......As far as their infrastructural backup is concerned, they are game developers and not some big IT/software company......Not sure if they even have proper knowledge and/or investment to implement and maintain a decent 'high-availability' solution in their current Infra. I highly doubt that part LOL  :lol: (Not sure if they are even using any standard Cloud hosting service at this point or if they are using just a cheap alternative for that....or may be they have their own server rooms with racks where Gizmo is holding the cables in his hands at the moment wondering which cable goes to which server and to which port LOL  :lol: )

But.......I do agree with you, let's not forget that!  :D 

The silence part wasn't aimed at you... my fault for not clarifying.

Still all this could have been averted if the devs just said anything... it's in our nature as humans to start making up things and worst case scenarios when kept in the dark.

but yeah, game isn't going down... someone who updated their members section of the website is not someone who's about to give up on his game... it's just a very poor customers support and communication issue... whether they are updating something or if it's just a server down problem.

Totally agree with you  :D ........let's hope they do some overtime today and bring the server back online LOL  :lol: 

we must have patience, take the positive side, I have never been interested in the FORUM .... this BlackOut to the fact that the curiosity of what could have happened, brought me here .. and the subsequent registration ..

We have to be patient, the machine is broken and the admin are human beings. I WANT YOU ... I send you a big kiss. (Manu) :P 

A real lack of professionalism...

I'm working as IT System Engineer in RL, and you always need

- in case of a bigger upgrade - a rollback possibility or
- a backup/redundant system you can bring up

in case you mess something up / can't do the upgrade / are facing any other software or hardware issue which stops your service to run.

The most important point, is informing your users about what's going on, if the service isn't running anymore. Dropping a simple line like "Hey we are working on it, we know where the problem is (even if it isn't the case)" should always be possible (takes 2 minutes, which you always have while rebooting a server).

I would accept that kind of behaviour in a free2play game, but not in a paid service. It's just an unacceptable behaviour of the DEVs.

Hello, Gizmo!

I suppose you don't read criticism on principle, because otherwise you would have improved

your behaviour towards your customers. Because you want money from us for making your

gaming platform available. We pay you the money to have access to the game and that is a

contract. This contract includes that we can use your game. Apart from maintenance intervals,

you have the obligation to always give us

access to the system. If this is not possible, it is your responsibility to inform us of any problems

that prevent us from using the game, and since you will be liable for lost time, we expect at least

XGold compensation. You should be aware that we have a class-action lawsuit against users for

compensation for lost game time.

I'm writing this because I'm hoping that by doing so, you're going to stop treating us like the last

piece of filth. I guess you don't want your customers to migrate to other games.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Day 19 of 3dx being down.

Most users have quit the game, some try to tell themselves that everything will be okay as they are curled up in the corner of their room, hoping Gizmo will answer their prayers.

Some of the extreme users have taken to their own and decided to find Gizmo in real life, in hopes to restore the server, let their journey have positive results.

One has resulted to cannibalism for no real reason wait that's just me  some say for banter, others say because of madness.

Let this be the last day of madness, although madness is fun, so maybe just keep it going for a bit longer.