3DXChat Community

Are You Really a Roleplayer?

Guest Eddster

Guest Eddster

Do you stay in character? Do you not speak in emoticons? Do you use full sentences and stay away from spamming one word sentences to fill up that chat box? Do you treat the world you play in as the world you are living in?

A few of the basic things i'd say make up a roleplayer. I'm making this thread really curious to whom perhaps lives by this. I know there are very few, I've maybe come across 5 or 6 people in the few months I have been here that really understand this.

Call myself curious because there may be an abundance out there that maybe i'm just missing. I know it's hard to stick to such a thing in this type of game because honestly it seems there is often times a huge language barrier. Or the non roleplayers outnumber the ones that do greatly. Hell I've been one to break character ever so often because of broken English.

I personally am not in character full time. I am in character when the situation warrants and when I feel like it based on surroundings, people and the prevailing theme. The language barrier in some cases has made it difficult so I do not do it full time now and will use as required, when required.

I am in character nearly 100 percent of the time, which Tyeson knows. ;) I'm only really interested in other roleplayers, and say so in my profile, but most people don't seem to get what that means which reflects what Tye says about misinterpretations.

Guest AlexanderGold

I would like to stay in character a lot more but I generally find that before long the person I am roleplaying with will randomly jump out of the situation. I would also like to go deeper into character but find it hard because people will take you as a real life person. I had in my profile once "I  am a roleplay character and DO NOT EXIST IN REAL LIFE" and it was amazing how many people would ignore this and start asking me which country I live in etc.

In the end I just reverted to light roleplay occasionally.

Ill be the first one to admit that i'm not much of a RPer I don't have the talent for it .

it take's a certain kind of person to pull it off . I'm more interested in knowing the person

behind the mask. As for the sex I just try and express what I would like to be doing in RL

and if i say "circling my tongue around the tip of your cock" or " holding your clit between

my lips and moving my tongue back and forth " more than once in a love making session

it's because that's what I want to be doing.

what works best for me is let me do what i want to you and you just sit back and enjoy, however it is a two way street, let me sit back and enjoy what you do to me. :) 

3DX lacks a lot as far as environment to support what some would call an in depth role play platform, not that it is a bad thing. Myself I found it very hard to stay in character as most here got very confused very fast over in character emotion verses out of character emotion. Also careful with describing what role play is as a defined line, it is an art form and can not be concreted,

Roleplaying a scene and being a roleplayer are completely different I think many seem to misinterpret that.

Actually, I would like to throw that back at you. The name of the server is 3DXChat, not 3DXRoleplay. So when you say that roleplaying a scene and being a roleplaer are different, well, DOH! We all know that!

What I don't understand about your question is, why did you join a chat server expecting to find roleplayers? And  since there are no predefined roles to play on a chat server, why would you think that people here would be interested in interacting with a completely fictional character?

Bear in mind that 80% of the time, I play a woman for women on this sever, even though I am actually a man in real life. So, I understand that many of the lines here are blurred and I am not criticizing you in any way, shape, or form.

I'm merely pointing out that your question seems to imply that there are certain assumptions you have that a lot of people in this community don't share. So maybe you could reframe your question to elucidate your assumptions, too.

Guest Eddster

@Sage

See and that's what i'm getting at. Not everyone knows that and it's very clear by reading someones profile who says they are a roleplayer yet I see l33t speak spilling from every single word they type followed by emoticons. Not to sound like an elitist but you'd be thrown out of a moderated roleplay server for it.

My question was targeted at seeing how many that read these forums do practice roleplay or attempt to and how they feel from the outside looking in. As I said, there are very few who try to do this. We all use this platform in different ways. Yes it's called 3DXChat, but to counter what you said. I guarantee i'm using that chat function 10 times more than the person not roleplaying. So whether it's called 3DXChat or 3DXRoleplay i'm still using both functions. That's to be argumentative and outside of my question though.

Let me also throw out there. You can roleplay yourself quit easily. This game world we play in is not fantasy/midevil/sci fi, you can act out anything you would in the real world. Whether you are Donald Trump, Yourself, or a street rat. The main thing is being literate and forming some type of description for your acts and your surroundings.

Glad to see those that do roleplay keep at it. I know personally it is hard for me but I have a dedicated RP partner that makes the money I spend here worthwhile. I don't talk much these days in game do to the lack of roleplay and now I know i'm not alone, but if you do see me around feel free to say something in character. Maybe we can get a little back and forth going.

I personally stay in character 100% of the time -- unless of course, I am griefed and trolled off stage by a flood of disruptive text. Like Ero, I tend to be very verbose when I type (as he well knows), and take my time posting descriptive postings to give my audience a vivid picture of my mind. Sadly, this style isn't for everyone. Those fortunate enough to get me alone are treated to quite a delectable session. Alas, I find most RPers on this game to be reclusive (for good reason given the atmosphere of the game), or already involved with someone (or in a clique) that they don't notice the other RPers. Either way, I will continue eyeing the patrons on the outside looking for those diamonds in the coal. The search continues... ,,,^..^,,,

I've played rpg's, both online and pen and paper. 3dx doesn't seem like it's really the sort of format that lends itself to being an rpg. I think what most people mean when they put that they like to rp in their profile is that they prefer to act out a scene rather than just watch some avi's go at it for a bit.

I could be wrong, happens every now and then ;)

Guest Eddster

Yep that's exactly what it means for them Justin. Which is cool, no probs with it. I think this is a good thread to find those who enjoy roleplayers and not just scene roleplaying.

Well, I think that sometime people mix descriptive cybering and roleplay. 

Roleplay, as the name state, mean playing a "role" within the context of the game. 

Personnally, I am mostly myself except when I got a interesting idea that I want to try out. 

My roleplay session in 3dx are mostly within the context of a scene or a specific fantasy that I would like to explore.  

I don't really do fulltime RP, I rather go with the flow and stay open to inspiration and spontanous game than stick to a character. 

Well I am a roleplayer and tried to play it in here but ended up playing my character apparently too well and it caused more problems in a group of friends so I now just play myself more or less depending on which Avatar I'm on. I roleplayed back in the day when all rpg games were tabletop games with character sheets, dice, miniatures, maps and books, you could draw your characters to visualize them. Also if there was sex it was very awkward, I like this better but miss the old days to be honest. I have done it all killed every monster,rescued every princess slayed every evil wizard, fought my way through every level of hell and the abyss. Became a demi god then a god and then greater god in these games. Piloted all the ships through space held the fate of the galaxies in my hands and I'm always happy to do it again I do love to roleplay. Just this isn't quite the place for it I think not to the level I'm used to. I find in every role I play it's just an aspect of me any way. So here i'm just me just boring ol' Von a human male 38 years old and socially kinda awkward. I'd rather have the weight of saving the galaxy or all life as we know it than to try to deal with the drama of real life and some of the social things that are the norm. I have a good group of friends here and some are down right amazing people so I will be here for them and myself.

*Sitting against the back she adjusts her kimono and looks at the others, her purple eyes watching each person, studying them curiously laughing quietly to herself as she adjust the two katana scabbards on her back and returns to quietly watching the room a bit before opening her mouth debating on whether she should speak or not. Sighing Kiori grabs her canteen and takes a few swigs from the sake that fills it, and wipes her lips clean with the back of her hand and speaks* "What is this....out of character you speak of?"*she asks curiously as her eyes continue to follow each person curiously*"This place.....it is completely different then where I  come from....this should be interesting."*Kiori smiles and gives her body a quick stretch she turns into her hybrid form her once white pearly skin become covered with fur as black as a starless night, her eyes become still purple but more canine looking, her once black hair becomes white like fresh fallen snow. She sniffs the air and smiles*

((As you can tell I am never out of Character. I joined this place for a friend of mine who i met on a RP forum-based site she persuaded me to come see her here and so this is my new home if anyone of you find me in-game I can tell you right now like on forums, i am 100% IC all the time, this should make things interesting lol))

I'm always myself in the game, only exceptions where i can play a "role" is to give smile to my friends with a crazy idea ! (Hello Mysterica !!! :P )

Even my avatar is close to me, my physical, how I dress for the day, etc ... with the possibilities that the game offers to us.  ;)

Because I am more beautiful and sexy in real life of course... who said "liar" ??? haha...  :D

I'm always myself too, for the good and for the bad. Of course, it has nothing to do with being descriptive. I love being very descriptive, with what I'm doing or what I'm feeling, and I expect the same from my partner.

My only limitation is my English level, that of course is not as good as my Spanish. So we could say I'm better lover in Spanish as my Spanish speaking lovers can fully enjoy my delicate poesy. :)

I'm always myself in game and even if I wanted to change that I wouldn't be able to do that.

I believe that there are at least 2 'types' of roleplaying.

Role playing is defined as pretending to be someone else or pretending to be in a specific situation that you are not actually in at the time.

I have met players that play a role and stay 'loyal' to that role 24/7. For example a man playing with female avatar, a white man pretending that he's black, etc. Some of them tell you the truth but others don't.

Other level of RP and this I enjoy very much when well done (when it is very descriptive) it's when you and your partner pretend to be in a specific situation. As examples the boss/secretary role, nurse/patient, plumber, fireman, etc. But in the core you are you, you mantain your personality, who you are, your age,etc. and the way you behave... That kind of RP can be very appealing. Still would like to add that I'm not into roleplays like incest (daughter/dad), sex with animals and that sort of thing. That's gross! - don't even know if it's considerated RP or just fetish but felt like bringing that up.

I must admit I'm kinda intrigued to try roleplay as peeps describe it here. I'm probably awful at cyber but I try to just describe what I'm doing, feeling and thinking if it would be apparent in my non verbals.

Immersion in a character could be fun but no clue what I'd try.

I see 3DX as a chance for me to Roleplay me. In WoW, SWTOR, Neverwinter I am in full RP mode. I have a unique name that is intrinsically tied to my persona in each game and I thoroughly enjoy it however I cannot walk around as a 7 foot protector of the innocent in 3DX and I miss my trusty crystalline mace. I also enjoy the RP forums I am part of immensely but 3DX is a nice change of pace where I just want to be me.

In 3DX I keep it mild and situational but overall I am me, and I like it that way in 3DX as the premise for the game is one if sexual cyberplay and roleplay of a different kind. I do love being utterly descriptive and tend to type too much hitting the word limit in game often.