3DXChat Community

Should avatars belonging to an account have a common parent nickname?

XenophiliusLovegood

Alternate Avatars  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should avatars belonging to an account have a common parent nickname?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't matter

Here's a good suggestion, Gizmo makes the game so you have one avi like most of the games out there.Β  You want more you have to get another account.Β  Simple enough.Β  But here is my statement to the matter, it's not going to make a real difference, the people mindfucking know of Pandora so the new account works for them.Β  Put it this way, you have colors to represent it's an alt but you use your second or third as your main as you don't use the one you initially made when you signed up.Β  Guess what you've not put less trust to that person then they presently have.Β  This new process could very fuck over the very people who have lost the trust in game, therefore bringing in more distrust because they'll be questioning everyone more than they do now.

But at least those people will be paying more so maybe we can get some updates :)

I've just made up my mind and voted yes, having involved myself in this and the related threads and come to a conclusion. And that is .............................................. anything that makes life difficult for people who bugger about is OK. And that's because all I want from the game is to enjoy the company of my friends (mostly talking totally random stuff), meet new people, meet people from different cultures and have interesting and fun covnersations. The people who mess about impinge on this.

Β 

I bolded part of that for emphasis.Β  You don't actually mean "anything" do you?Β  I mean, having profiles show your real name, address, phone number, and credit card number would make life difficult for bad people, but I don't think it would be a good thing.Β  Be careful what you throw away in your attempt to weed out the troublemakers. Β 

Β 

Tlaera

Oh this is good, we are finally learning why it is just so important that alts remain anonymous, people are finally telling us why.

Β 

Someone who wants to play furies could get embarrassed.

Vampires and Werewolves don't get along.

Shy people need it to learn new languages.

People for privacy with their partner, which I agree is important but also it has been explained many times how that can still happen.

Then there is all the ones like creating rooms, an alt to check out new poses and such where no matter was done it would not matter at all.

And the big one that is really the main reason, people want to play various genders and not have people know or even suspect it isn't there real gender.

Β 

Funny how every one of those reasons would not be effected at all if the coloured names were used to say it was an alt, but only it is an alt and not who it belongs to.

All of them except for the big one, people wanting to play a different gender.

So even though you guys are not prepared to admit it, these threads have really shown it to be the case.

Β 

Oh I forgot one, some people don't have main avis, in that case all 3 are actually alts and should have coloured names.

I’m going to admit to not reading your full post. However, I understand both sides. I’ve advocated for both but my point is, how does colored Avis not impact the privacy of a furry? Before ppl run with my example, it’s a big thing in SL, along with a lot of weird shit that I’m not into. But idc about them either way. If you want to bang the wolf hulk, that’s your business. I’m legit trying to figure out how you wouldn’t trade one witch hunt for another. Maybe the best idea is one avi per account. That eliminates the issue of alts but does not eliminate the crux of the issue presented.

Β 

Β 

Your sarcasm is amusing. Any woman on this game knows what it is like to be accused of being a man. Especially in earlier years. Before user rooms and such. If my main avi is white but my alt red then that makes me a target of a witch hunt. People will say, β€œwho is she?” Accusations will fly. I mean as I’ve saod before. I was gone a while and did not have the appropriate number of photo slots and was accused. See how that works?

Β 

In all fairness, it does no good to shift one problem onto those playing the game as it is meant to be. Nor does it help a newb who is trying to form connections. The price of an alt is 10k, you can buy five and 15k xgold, I believe. I don’t buy but the point is it’s not far off from a new account. How do you manage that?

Isn't the problem we are trying to adress with these related threads is how to re-establish and develop a sense of trust in game. Nobody cares two brass hoots if you're in to furries, although that does sound wierd. I'm so glad that my cat is an indoor cat ................................................

Β 

There a number of individuals who delight in messing people around, spreading rumours and generally creating unneccesary drama. They cause annoyance, trouble, sometimes distress. These are the people who have eroded the assumption that people are basically OK until proved otherwise.

Β 

Doing nothing isn't really an option as it plays directly in to those people's hands. There are work arounds most barriers but by making it more difficult for these people to do what they do then some will work harder and some will stop, or bugger off elsewhere, giving an overall improvement in the situation. They've possibly landed in 3dx Chat because other virtual worlds have made it more difficult for them to do their thing there.

Β 

What I want out of the game is to keep in touch with my friends (I can do that, I trust them), meet new people (made more difficult because I can't be sure they aren't up to no good), meet people from different cultures (made more difficult with people role playing, which is OK if I know, and the risk people are buggering about), have interesting and thought provoking conversations with people (it's difficult to be honest if you can't be sure of someone), have silly and off the wall convos with my friends (that's OK, I trust my friends).

Β 

Which leads neatly to one of the issues that crops up from time to time. What if a friendship goes bad because the person you trust is role playing? What if that person is also spreading rumours about you behind your back in another role? It happens, we all know that even if we don't have personal experience. If is a problem, whatever anybody says, and something needs to happen to reduce the incidence of this sort of thing.

They did do something. They implemented a charge which only served to line their pockets. They didn’t give a crap about preventing the presented issues. They monetized them. That’s the funny thing people celebrated this. It was supposed to eliminate the issue of mind fuckers. Looks like it is just as big of an issue as it’s always been. Serious question, how many changes that impact role players are to be made to prevent people from getting their feelings hurt? Let’s say, they go with color coding name plates, what’s next? I don’t think anyone will be happy until it’s one alt per account, which will only happen one way. That is if they see more money in new accounts. If they do that I suggest that they add more virtual partners to test with.

Β 

Yes furries are weird but I try not to kink shame. If a my little pony approaches me, I walk away. I think your cat is safe but your comment makes me wonder if furries are an American thing. We have conventions here. I’ve been squeezed by one, and had to let them know that I value personal space . Anyway it’s a big deal here.

Part of me thinks yaay on the idea - but thats only for the ones with malicious intent, and not really giving the side that use avis to get away from abusive people/cyber bullies much thought.

-If- we introduce such a system, I'd say make our "account" name known, but under certain circumstances, rather than always shown to just anyone.

A good example would be if you get married, your lover can see your account name, and on any alts you may have.Β 

And all the meanwhile keep people protected from just anyone malicious from knowing. (Unless they use pandora)

I kinda get the initial reason why pandora was made - peeps being creeps and all, but still cannot help but think it's used as nothing more than a cyberbullying/stalker tool nowadays.

Β 

So.. my vote is gonna be the "4th" choice, "Maybe."

It's not something that can be just decided in an instant, sadly.

Well this is getting to be a huge task to keep up with things that are being said.

There are three threads going where people are making references to things in all three and we now have to very much read all three to try figure out what is being said.

I have just spent some time reading through and there are a few things I want to address but have no idea now which thread these things were said in.

So I will just do so in this one.

Β 

Mar mentioned somewhere that she did some tests with a friend on Pandora, where she added pictures that came straight up in Pandora.

That is really interesting as it shows that Pandora must scan on request, meaning when you ask for information on a player it must scan that player at that time.

I can't find where she spoke about that but would like to know if she deleted the pic before they checked Pandora.

Two things come to mind with this, one is if they do scan on request then that should make it very easy for Gizmo to be able to find out who is behind Pandora, or at least an account login they use to be able to get that information.

The other is if they can still get those pics now, as I know they couldn't before, like aroundΒ  year ago, then the pics must be retained on the games server even after we delete them.

I can understand how they are able to have deleted pics on Pandora, they were there when Pandora did the scan and deleted after, but if it is able to now get pics from a scan even after being deleted, then that is something else.

I think we will find that it can't though, as in if you do a test where you add a pic, then delete it within a few minutes and then check Pandora, it will not show, and same goes for alts.

Β 

I wonder how many people would still use Pandora if what is suggested in this thread was in place.

If we could see the other avis names in peoples profiles.

From that we would be able to get all the current information on all those avis.

The only thing that it wouldn't offer is changed or deleted information.

I guess that would depend on how many times people who use Pandora just check up on people for the hell of it, like they have no reason for suspicion, they just chose someone and look.

That against how many times it is used where something has given them cause for suspicion.

We have no real way of knowing this, we can only guess.

Will it make a difference if we can see the other avis and be able to see the current info on them.

In some ways it will likely make it so we gain suspicion and in others it will clear suspicion.

Gaining suspicions may cause people to go to Pandora to get more information and clearing suspicions may stop them from using it where they may have before.

Again we can only guess on how much effect it will have either way.

The way I see it, as it is now, there are people running around using Pandora just to check on people randomly.

There are people that use Pandora when given even the smallest amount of suspicion.

There are people that use Pandora when they have been given good reason, where they have been harassed or something where they really do need to find out who is behind it.

I would rather have it that we can find out quite a deal of information from what is supplied in the game so a lot of that can stop.

No matter how good or bad Pandora is I don't like that so many are relying on a 3rd party program where I believe that someone from inside the game is supplying it.

I think people really need to think about what that means, what they could get up to and what they could do having full control over Pandora.

Β 

Having it so we can see the other avis on an account will effect some of the role play that is done yes, but I feel most of the role playing could still be done.

Does it really matter so much that we know who is behind the role play character?

Yes there are other things that will be effected, like using alts to get privacy, like I use to when my bf was in the game.

Where we both had alts we used to have it so no one would bother us.

But there I think, and can actually reflect back to when I was doing that, that when people knew it was us they still knew to leave us alone and that we were looking for privacy.

You may get some will send pms, but all you have to say is when we are on these alts we just want to have time alone.

After all, we are all meant to be adults in this game.

Β 

There are so many things where being able to see the other avis on a persons account would make things easier.

Unless someone was to make another account they would not be able to so easily stalk using an alt, they would not be able to so easily crowd/cling using an alt.

They would not be able to so easily anonymously degrade or spread rumours.

And the big one, we would have a better chance of being able to determine if that new player is actually a new player.

If we could see all the avis on an account, then to represent themselves as a new player they would either have to delete all the avis on an account leaving only a newly created one, or get a 2nd account.

Β 

Something I would like to add to this is that I think it would be a good idea to have the age of the account itself listed in our profiles an all avis on that account.

This by itself would add ways of resolving a lot of the issues around alts.

The main problem with the game isn't alts, Its that a number of people have taken a simple internet sex game and have tried to change it into a real life sim.Β 

Β 

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but actually I think you are quite a ways off the mark here.

Β 

People who pay for their subscription are entitled to play the game they way they want to.

So, people who want to play 3DXChat as "a simple internet sex game" are entitled to do so.

And people who want to play 3DXChat as "a real life sim" are also entitled to do so.Β Β 

Β 

What is so evident from what goes on both in the game and in these discussions is that a lot of people are convinced that the things they do and say should hold true for everyone. And anyone who has different ideas or expresses themselves differently is "wrong." That is what the main problem is.

War being declared long time ago against those wanted to play real in that sex game and it's mostly the reason why some use the mindfuck method against them just to turn they're game in a nightmare.

It's time to wake you up and thinking to play elsewhere if you wanna play that way in here. IT WILL NEVER CHANGE.

If you don't like the real true I say. Just cancel your subscription ' YOU ARE A BUNCH OF PARANOIAC!

post-5159-0-00197600-1505006186_thumb.jpg

post-5159-0-83817500-1505006276_thumb.jpg

post-5159-0-21001100-1503330860_thumb.jpg

post-5159-0-30550500-1475980708_thumb.jpg

post-5159-0-22431500-1475980718_thumb.jpg

post-5159-0-77651900-1475980730_thumb.jpg

post-5159-0-59503000-1475980745_thumb.jpg

post-5159-0-51518000-1475379276.jpg

War being declared....

maxresdefault.jpg

Brrrrrrrrr, Bri! Schzzzzzzzz, my dear, Sahrah.C! Yes, your mucho, mucho: coming to early this time - quite civilizedΒ  for a 3dxchat here till now, or atm... #apperently,Β  :ph34r:Β #opinionstorming #again! Back to the bunker, Bish . .. ... notΒ  yet time for the botton, ah, ah, ahhh! Noooo, fingers le OFF se #buttons4now, please :D merci beacoup and yes, i know, explosive minefield topic again - same precedure, as every year, Ma'am!Β Back to [Defcon -4] . .. ...hush, hush!Β  :wub:;)Β  :blink:Β  :PΒ 

Β 

Β 

War being declared long time ago against those wanted to play real in that sex game and it's mostly the reason why some use the mindfuck method against them just to turn they're game in a nightmare.
It's time to wake you up and thinking to play elsewhere if you wanna play that way in here. IT WILL NEVER CHANGE.
If you don't like the real true I say. Just cancel your subscription ' YOU ARE A BUNCH OF PARANOIAC!

Β 

Β 

So war has been declared? And against a particular group of people who play in a particular way ................................Β  and there is a strategy invovled. So why accuse them of paranoia when you are actually out to get them? There is room for all of us in 3dxChat providing people treat each other with common decency. Maybe what you've said is just post modern irony .......................... in other words total ................... :-)

dont know if this works- on shitty small mobile @ hospital...

.. . as a visitor || just sayn

1529165538833875488565.jpg

Sadly there isn't room for all of us as is seen in this thread. There is room for all of us only if we submit to having our privacy invaded by the use of either Pandora or in game tools as far as a certain percentage of the population is concerned. While they are a minority the devs are obviously listening to them and being lazy about stopping such things as Pandora at best or colluding in Pandora at worst so sending the only message to the dev's they seem to listen to by voting with my wallet

Sadly there isn't room for all of us as is seen in this thread. There is room for all of us only if we submit to having our privacy invaded by the use of either Pandora or in game tools as far as a certain percentage of the population is concerned. While they are a minority the devs are obviously listening to them and being lazy about stopping such things as Pandora at best or colluding in Pandora at worst so sending the only message to the dev's they seem to listen to by voting with my wallet

Β 

I don't see where anyone has asked you or anyone else to submit to things being a certain way. We were having a friendly discussion until a few people turned it into something else by trying to dictate to others how they should play the game. We actually can have an intelligent discussion about things even tho we don't always agree 100% on everything. It's a humble gesture to respect everyone's opinions, even tho you might not agree with them.