3DXChat Community

STREAM SERVICE WITH CHEAP PROGRAMS

Aliviax

Fine, but talking about costs:

How much do one have to pay to get the rights for streaming the generally copyrighted music?

Even if you intend to make your stream only audible in your room in 3DXC,

you in fact broadcast it over the internet to everywhere.

So, what licenses do you have to pay for, and where do you get them?

I know that it will be dependent of your country, but I think the costs for it will be similar.

i thought playing music in ur house for some guests u have with leagal bought music is ok :)

do u pay for licence n copyrights when u listen music to ur house n have some guests ? no aint ur room in 3dx ur private room ? :)

i thought playing music in ur house for some guests u have with leagal bought music is ok :)

do u pay for licence n copyrights when u listen music to ur house n have some guests ? no aint ur room in 3dx ur private room ? :)

here is a cheaper  one  https://myradiostream.com

and the copyright laws are applied as usual depending the country u live in, something any and every professional DJ should know.

• 1 month later...

In theory anyone can listen to your stream because it’s in the public domain.

Well now, that is simply not true, is it. My streaming service allows me not to display my stream in the public directory, which means that the only people who can listen are those who enter my room.  And I suspect that most if not all streaming services offer this option, although you might have to look around in your settings to make sure you have turned it on.

On the other hand, one thing you said that I heartily agree with is that it varies from country to country. I am not a lawyer, I don't play one on TV, and my opinion is nothing more than my opinion, but I think that as long as you are broadcasting legally purchased music in a private stream to a limited number of people, you are pretty well covered by US "fair use" provisions. 

Well now, that is simply not true, is it. My streaming service allows me not to display my stream in the public directory, which means that the only people who can listen are those who enter my room.  And I suspect that most if not all streaming services offer this option, although you might have to look around in your settings to make sure you have turned it on.

On the other hand, one thing you said that I heartily agree with is that it varies from country to country. I am not a lawyer, I don't play one on TV, and my opinion is nothing more than my opinion, but I think that as long as you are broadcasting legally purchased music in a private stream to a limited number of people, you are pretty well covered by US "fair use" provisions. 

Same here, you can only listen to my stream if u enter the room I'm streaming or if I personally give you my streaming URL so u can listen to it while not in game.  Un-check the public domain option in your settings on your server site.

Same here, you can only listen to my stream if u enter the room I'm streaming or if I personally give you my streaming URL so u can listen to it while not in game.  Un-check the public domain option in your settings on your server site.

can u tell me how i can do that achroi .

ty in advance 

can u tell me how i can do that achroi .

ty in advance 

Should be under your server settings, I no longer use Gecko because I found that myradiostream is a cheaper alternative for me. should say "Shoutcast listing" (without the tags), some times you have to check a box other times a scroll option either way it's the same functionality, for me it's a scroll option.

mO54dxV.jpg

The thing with myradiostream is that you can either have free access with a limited amount of listeners and broadband, or pay 4 £ per month to have full access, so it is way cheaper than Gecko's cheapest solution

That's not entirely accurate.  You may not be searchable on their site but anyone can get your link information from the radio itself on their computer when listening in your room, it's been even shown how to on this very forum so you can make adjustments to the settings.   I'm not going into on here but there are other forum threads. that have discussed this in great detail.

The provider I use has been very good, you know when they're doing maintenance as they send you an email prior to the time it'll be down so you're aware and can work around that as I do with mine.  They're service hasn't been an issue, everything comes across.  I use Icecast as I've used shoutcast and had issues with them as well as others.  With Icecast I've not had the same problems.  When I did it was something simple as resetting the stream password or restarting the stream.  My stream has an AutoDJ feature that you can put your music on the server so there is constant going, you can schedule specific things like adverts or types or music you want played and when, the frequency of when things are played, how many tracks you want by the artist and so on.

most providers do actually charge mainly for the AutoDj feature and the broadband usage, as of mine when I use the free version I don't get AutoDJ and only broadband of 2000GB for max 50 listeners and I only get to stream on shoutcast 1.5, while if I pay the 4£ then I get to use AutoDj, shoutcast 2.x and a broadband allocation of 4000GB for 200 listeners 

Now there are always ways around digitized things, hacks and such, so completely secured is a load of bs. search engines do use a type of hack which many don't see it that way but it actually is. if you chosen to not list your self for public then you have done everything in your power to ensure that you stay private, and therefor can't be accountable for wot others do or use to get hold of yer stream.

Now in this case the copyright laws shouldn't apply you think, because you are streaming for a closed private party, but as Mar have mentioned it before the game is public. Which isn't entirely true either because not everyone has access to it, the ones that have access to it are paying customers for something exclusive, in this case a sex game with streaming options. so according to trademark agreements copyright laws shouldn't apply as long as you can prove that you own the music you stream, that means that you have to prove with a receit that you actually purchased it from a legit music store or retailer. So if they would start chasing every streamer in the game then many would face charges and huge fines. Here comes the fine part of it all, if you change a song or 2  because that's wot at least takes to make a mix then the copyright laws are completely invalid. Why!? you may ask and question my statement. well in altering a song according to copyright laws then you've created a new song, hence why they cani claim you using or misusing their song.  Many have posted just about this but forget that a mix is usually 2 different versions of same song into one both merged together, or 2 completely different songs mixed together and the only thing in common they have is the beat, and there is no copyright law for beats. the trick to getting away with this is that you can't play the entire song, you have to mix it before 1/2 of it has played or around there, this is way many DJ create their mixes often by mixing around 1/4 into the song, that way they've altered the songs and created something completely new. they get away with paying royalties to the owning company and can charge their own royalties for the mix or remix they created.

Now many speak of giving credits to the artist and such, so let me explain something, the company owns the song the artist created, the artist gets part of the royalties a percentage  lowest is around 10% and highest is about 25-30%, You may think but that's a lot!  well not really, if I put it in simple words maybe you will see that the claims of supporting the artist is just an other BS, say you get a free a bag of peanuts, and from that bag you give yer lil sister 1 peanut, or if u feeling generous u give her 3 peanuts. and then you keep the rest of the peanuts for yer self. that is wot happens with the royalties. 

Now if anyone want to support the artist, which I totally agree then turn to the artist it self and ask him/her to endorse him/her by playing their tunes maybe by promoting a new song they haven't released yet, that way you've worked around the copyright. 

Now I'm not saying that you shouldn't pay for the copyrights stated by the country you live in, But you don't need to.

Like Mar and some others I do pay, but sometimes I just get permit from other DJs to play their mixes just by writing them an e-mail and endorsing them, you will be surprised by the answers, and if I get a no, then I just don't play their mix, at least not until I do get a yes from them. Never give op, there are many doors to be opened when one is shut close.    :D

I understand that if you use VDJ and you subscribe to one of its content sources you’re covered if you only play that content? In that case (If I’ve understood correctly) you’re covered. It seems unlikely but I’ve never really investigated this.

I have VDJ and I use this. It is very limited in its content.  It costs about $10 USD per month.  I also subscribe to another unlimited license usage company.  It costs about $19 USD.  It is not cheap when you start adding up the different licenses.