3DXChat Community

ROOM STOLEN

xandor

to my supprise i jumped arrond today in rooms  and i saw  that the club TheUpperFloor  from me and my wifeNickyLove has been stolen

not open under the same  name  the Asshole who did this i confronted him he ofcou=se closed the room and placed me on ignore  witch i dont care about

however i do care about he is stealing rooms  someone elses  work so  this Asshole his name is

>>>>> IvanBigDick<<<<<<<

if you cannot deco then to not steal someone elses work  you  jerk

to my supprise i mentioned this in wc and  they tell me the makers wont do anything about this

thats why his name here on the forum 

make sure you all ignore this  thief so he cannot steal your rooms

Guest Trance

It’s not your room, you made it publicly available when you created it in 3dx. Sorry but that’s pretty much what they said.

to my supprise i mentioned this in wc and  they tell me the makers wont do anything about this

thats why his name here on the forum 

There are a lot of posts in this forum about this, you should read them.

The "official" statement ist, that if you don't want others to grab your room, don't upload it to the 3dxc server.

They will do nothing against such actions because they exspect people to chare their work with others instead of claiming ownership of their rooms and creations.

This may sound strange in the beginning, but that's the way it is.

Ignoring does not help to prevent your room to be grabbed by other users:

He/she can nevertheless enter your room, and you don't even see it, and as soon he/she is in your room, its data is on his/her computer.

It does not take much to save this data on one's own harddisk, load it in one's own world editor and use it modified or even in the original state.

I am sorry to hear about that this happened to you, Xandor.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time it happened and also won't be the last time. Last time this happened, the dev's response was literally: "If you don't want your room to be stolen don't build." So they won't punish the thief. The only thing you can do about it is to call out the theft and tell all the people that you know who it was, so that as much people as possible will iggy him.

One remark: Thank you for naming him in this thread, but I advice you to take the name out again and add something like "If you wanna know this assholes name ask me ingame or in pm", as otherwise this thread will be closed and deleted very soon.

I am sorry to hear about that this happened to you, Xandor.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time it happened and also won't be the last time. Last time this happened, the dev's response was literally: "If you don't want your room to be stolen don't build." So they won't punish the thief. The only thing you can do about it is to call out the theft and tell all the people that you know who it was, so that as much people as possible will iggy him.

One remark: Thank you for naming him in this thread, but I advice you to take the name out again and add something like "If you wanna know this assholes name ask me ingame or in pm", as otherwise this thread will be closed and deleted very soon.

Well Veronique, everyone may know what for a person this is to steal my room. Be creative and and don;t steal from another !!!!

No, after someone is ignored they cant enter your room however i have no clue if they can still steal it because i dont know nor do i want to know how its done

Slight edit... Only way they can is if you block them while they are in your room but you can close it and they cant reenter, your room will no longer show in his or her room list

Thanks for the explanation .

As mentioned above by my husband Xandor, my room "The Upperfloor" has been stolen / hacked by:

>>>>> IvanBigDick alias LucaBigDick<<<<<<<

Let everyone be clear that there are figures walking around here who apparently can not do anything themselves and obviously find it normal to steal someone's work !!
Apparently this is even considered normal by the developers once it is online

he even can steal your room even if you put him in total ignore, and devs will laugh at you if you have any problem :) they eventually will delete this topic too.

mine been deleted, but still there -->

http://northprojectz.com/3dxtest20/index.php?/topic/115-warning-room-hacking/

he even can steal your room even if you put him in total ignore, and devs will laugh at you if you have any problem :) they eventually will delete this topic too.

mine been deleted, but still there -->

http://northprojectz.com/3dxtest20/index.php?/topic/115-warning-room-hacking/

Well Pierrouss, if they have the guts to delete the topic we can place it again and again, we pay for the game and we should not be ignored !

From what I understand the method they use to steal your room is not something supplied by the game as a function or control.

Therefor it is technically a hack and against the TOS.

The devs would know this and it seems to be yet another rule that is constantly being broken and overlooked.

They may feel it is their best interest to let it go, that it may provide players with ways to gain rooms they like and be good for the game.

They need to realise the other side of this, that it will stop people from creating rooms, or at least spending so much time to create really unique ones.

The devs should act on these reports as a rule had been broken.

If they were to start acting on them then I feel it would happen far less than it is now.

While I do agree there is FABULOUS work that great artists have freely shared (I have a few of the rooms provided) and I believe to steal a room is wrong (I have no idea no want to know how it is done) I can perhaps see a reason why the game's devs don't want to get involved.

I am in NO WAY computer literate so don't jump me for my opinion/idea of why they may not do anything, because it's just that my opinion and may or may not be the reason. 

IF you go to them and say, "he stole this." What is to prevent him from turning around and saying, "I stole nothing. I liked it and built a replica on my own." OR He comes back and says, "they stole it from me".

While I am sure there is a away for the Devs to check it out and get to the truth, you are asking them to slow down work on upgrades to do this. Then it gets to a point where more and more people make claims and thus they have to investigate each claim, decide IF it was stolen or just someone liked it and built a replica, all the while they hear people complaining they want more clothes, more poses and more upgrades.

In all honesty, what should their priority be? It's just MY observation and I may be 100% wrong. 

While I do agree there is FABULOUS work that great artists have freely shared (I have a few of the rooms provided) and I believe to steal a room is wrong (I have no idea no want to know how it is done) I can perhaps see a reason why the game's devs don't want to get involved.

I am in NO WAY computer literate so don't jump me for my opinion/idea of why they may not do anything, because it's just that my opinion and may or may not be the reason. 

IF you go to them and say, "he stole this." What is to prevent him from turning around and saying, "I stole nothing. I liked it and built a replica on my own." OR He comes back and says, "they stole it from me".

While I am sure there is a away for the Devs to check it out and get to the truth, you are asking them to slow down work on upgrades to do this. Then it gets to a point where more and more people make claims and thus they have to investigate each claim, decide IF it was stolen or just someone liked it and built a replica, all the while they hear people complaining they want more clothes, more poses and more upgrades.

In all honesty, what should their priority be? It's just MY observation and I may be 100% wrong. 

Well they decided to create this game.... then they should hire IT people to take care of matters like this and hire creators to take care of upgrades... while GIZMO and his girlfriend LISA are the only people "apparently" existing Im guessing they are the devs / moderators / content creators and everything.. thats why there is no organizing in anything around here , they say an update coming soon and it takes months to implement, a hacker problem emerges, they just say "create rooms and be hacked or go fuck yourself".... if making us players secure in game play from hackers and thieves is going to slow them down then fuck the updates I dont want my hard work to be stolen by some wanker who cant move his mouse to create his own shit.

Im sorry but alot of people including myself are starting to lose interest in this game and even if im no body or my opinion dont matter "which apparently I dont matter to anyone around here", count how many no bodies or people who dont matter to you devs and multiply them by 20 fucking dollars and start counting your losses.

We are going to keep talking and they are going to keep pretending and lying to us about "we read everything you write here" which I strongly doubt and dont believe and which is disrespectful if you do read what we are writing and you dont give a minute to write us back and respond.....     

Well they decided to create this game.... then they should hire IT people to take care of matters like this and hire creators to take care of upgrades... while GIZMO and his girlfriend LISA are the only people "apparently" existing Im guessing they are the devs / moderators / content creators and everything.. thats why there is no organizing in anything around here , they say an update coming soon and it takes months to implement, a hacker problem emerges, they just say "create rooms and be hacked or go fuck yourself".... if making us players secure in game play from hackers and thieves is going to slow them down then fuck the updates I dont want my hard work to be stolen by some wanker who cant move his mouse to create his own shit.

Im sorry but alot of people including myself are starting to lose interest in this game and even if im no body or my opinion dont matter "which apparently I dont matter to anyone around here", count how many no bodies or people who dont matter to you devs and multiply them by 20 fucking dollars and start counting your losses.

We are going to keep talking and they are going to keep pretending and lying to us about "we read everything you write here" which I strongly doubt and dont believe and which is disrespectful if you do read what we are writing and you dont give a minute to write us back and respond.....     

If it is just Gizmo and Lisa, then IMHO, 2 people have done one hellacious job. In all honesty, I don't think we are "nobodies" to them. I truly don't. Play an EA game or a Steam MMORPG or WOW or any number of games out there and get killed with the micro-transactions just to advance. This game is unique in the aspect that for $20/month you are set. We don't have to pay ANYTHING for items to decorate our builds with or for our clothes or fo positions/dance moves/etc. 

I am sure they could hire a big staff and have more poses, dances and what not, BUT the downfall would be the microtransactions to pay for them. Not everyone has the money to pay for "new poses" "new dances' "new clothing" "new items for their builds".

Dances, clothing and build items would be on an individual basis BUT how would you do new positions on a microtransaction.

If I paid $5 for 3 new poses and you don't have them and I can't find anyone that does, I just wasted my money, unless I do them on Betty (lol). 

A game I loved basically microtransactioned itself out of existence because they got greedy. As they hired more people and came up with more things they basically made the game more and more impossible and they lost a LOT of their hard core Steam followers because it was just too expensive. 

Maybe since I haven't been here that long (started in August, last year), I don't know what it is like to go as long as some of you have without new poses or clothes or dances. What I have seen is the World Editor being added and amazing new rooms opening. 

I know I am in the minority here, I realize that, but I like the game's uniqueness, the atmosphere, the people (in general) and a huge selling point is the ONLY microtransactions are for gift/marriage/divorce and a bottle... all are optional and when we get 300 a day it's easy to save up unless you are gift happy. 

I just see more staff as a 2 bladed sword... yes, updates could have faster with more people BUT at what cost? 

Could they reply more often? Yes, but again time could be an issue. It's like going to a concert or seeing your favorite artist/athlete and asking for an autograph, sure they can start and sign things and show appreciation but eventually they have to go and there will be those who are disappointed.

To solve this, perhaps, Gizmo and Lisa and whomever could set aside an hour or 2 one day a week and open a room in game and have "town halls" where they answer questions and they can put a transcript here or even video/stream it for those who miss it. Would that work? Would that be acceptable? Maybe just do it once a month or bi-weekly.

Being in this game for half a year and in similar games for about ten years I "made my peace" with it's reality and got kind of modest in my wishes and exspectations:

Though I think that it's not ok to grab other players rooms and creations I see that it's technical nearly impossible to prevent people from doing so and that the devs do not even want to protect one's creations.

As said above, I got modest in my wishes from the devs:

1. I would be happy if they finally fix all the known, annoying bugs in the current version

2. When upgrading something, at least give the users the feeling, that their priorities (from the surveys) have been regarded

3. Make the game running stable, without crashing and losing connetctions on a regular basis.

As said above also, I made my peace with the situation in not protecting your work, and this is only valid for me and my own work with the world editor, to be able to sleep well and not lose the fun in this game:

As I build rooms and other things for myself to use it in game I do not mind sharing it with other users, and what I give away cannot be stolen, and if others use my stuff it does not take anything from me, as I can use it nevertheless.

My "creator's pride" is not really important for me, and when I share things in public,

everybody interested knows who made the items: This is enough for me.

As said above, this is only my personal way to handle this problem, but nevertheless:

It is not ok to steal one's creations.

I think that it's not ok to grab other players rooms and creations

It is not ok to steal one's creations.

I agree and wanted to just quote to make sure it is heard. 

I for one appreciate the shares, the time, effort and pride people put into their work.

There is no reason we can't be critical of what we're paying for.  I heard you can build your own virtual server and stand it up here for $4 a week and that it is what netflix is using.

https://aws.amazon.com/windows/

Unity is free so you can download it and make your own mmorpg game from scratch here

https://unity3d.com/

You can learn how to make your own rpg here for $10

https://www.udemy.com/unityrpg

In my opinion you could probably learn how to copy your room here and paste it to your own server on your own game and learn how to protect it to prevent anyone from being able to steal it if you invited people from here to come play your game with you.  That probably sounds dubious and sounds like you're hacking and stealing from the devs here in an attempt to keep people from hacking you but you used the tools here to build what you've made so it's like we're all hacking each other's work.  In my humble opinion we should all be hacking each other's works and working together as efficiently as possible so none of us are reinventing the wheel.  Of course we're describing second life here and talking about redoing second life is a bit of a wheel reinvention.  This place has less lag than second life so they must be doing something right.  The characters don't look like wow cartoon stick figures even though blizzard makes 2 billion a year off the poor suckers that play it so they must be doing something right here.  Achat has 8,000+ poses and 300+ outfits but you don't have any control there over taking them on and off so they must be doing something right here.  Skyrim had 180 devs in the credits at the end of the game but allowed the community to make 3 million mods but it wasn't online so they must be doing something right here. 

I think we should all stick with it and let the tech and the economy naturally evolve the game.  Sooner or later all of our wildest dreams will come true.  -kisses and hugs