3DXChat Community

Pose Editor?

Gizmo

784 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

Nope. Currently I can open a room log out n room still be open... Log in next day n find it open, unless I decide to close it... So what I said above create a pose in fictional pose editor.. Upload n save upon completion, means everyone can see the pose not use it tho cause they don't have the file... Kinda same when u open ur room ppl don't have ur room but can see it... Cause server send data of the room u have load there to every player along with many other data like coordinates etc. 

But anyways I don't think we will ever get such a editor... We were shown tattooed piercings 3 months ago.... Not that we liked them but no where to be seen... I mean lol they were ready.. Even tho they said wip... When u make a tattoo n show it its there finished lol. 

Its not like they showed us the half tattoo piercing n other half is wip lol

Tbh I am kinda feel good about them not releasing that tattooed piercings. It was terrible lol. I had a hope though that they were working on it to make it like it should be done – as a 3d objects. But well. I guess not. 

51 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

Nope. Currently I can open a room log out n room still be open... Log in next day n find it open, unless I decide to close it... So what I said above create a pose in fictional pose editor.. Upload n save upon completion, means everyone can see the pose not use it tho cause they don't have the file... Kinda same when u open ur room ppl don't have ur room but can see it... Cause server send data of the room u have load there to every player along with many other data like coordinates etc. 

But anyways I don't think we will ever get such a editor... We were shown tattooed piercings 3 months ago.... Not that we liked them but no where to be seen... I mean lol they were ready.. Even tho they said wip... When u make a tattoo n show it its there finished lol. 

Its not like they showed us the half tattoo piercing n other half is wip lol

I still doubt that very much, as in people will be able to see the pose without having the file, even if only a temporary file they have to have the animation file to be able to see it. As far as the rooms remaining open goes I am not sure how Gizmo has set that up, it could explain why there was trouble with servers as if he is somehow hosting rooms on the server when the owner logs out. Or maybe he found a way to transfer hosting to others in the room which could explain why they close when the last person leaves. Likely that is what he has done, the hosting side of the room gets transferred. Otherwise it would put a lot of strain on the main server. I know 100% for certain that is the way Unity works, when a scene is opened, which in this case is a users room, then that persons computer does a lot of the work as a sub server, or at least that is how it use work. For the room to remain open when the owner logs out then that work has to be done by some other computer. I will have to have a look at Unity, maybe they have even done something that distributes the load between people in the scene and it was just an upgrade to Unity and nothing Gizmo did. Was there an update to Unity at that time he added to the game?

Edited by Twiggy

anyways i think we need to forget this whole pose editor ,i mean devs asked us 2+years ago and 2+ years later nowhere to be found and latest dev news say they havent even worked on that  editor ..so as you see there is no point to wait such feature lol ...

even if they start now making it from the progress we have witnessed and their weird way of working Some ppl will die from old age before they see that fictinal pose editor into the game ..

why i say that ? well last months i visit every room i met ppl that are 65 + hehe  dont get me wrong but u get my point right :) 

this team just cant...

its like the piliticians in movies saying ''i will do this i will do that to earn the votes and when you vote they are like ''get out of here '' haha 

Sounds familiar ?

Yes I know what you are talking about, and I have had said similar things myself about how slow they progress with things and how many times they have said we will get something that never comes. But there must be a reason they stopped with the pose editor after having done so much work on it. The teasers they showed were using the 3DXChat avatars and some things he showed I think were more than what appears to be in the pose editors you get from the Unity store. I have seen where Gizmo gets enthusiastic about things he is working on and he seemed to be with the pose editor. He even said so once when I brought it up in a post. There must be a reason why after doing all that work that he has either put it on hold or decided not to add it at all. I for one would like to know if it has been completely cancelled or not and why.

A pose editor would make such a big difference to the game, much bigger difference than any other addition there has ever been before. It is about the only thing that would have ne re sub and I know a lot of others that have left that feel the same.

I think after all the teasers, him creating this thread and very much saying we can expect it by saying the things lost by losing the ghost will be replaced by the pose editor, I think we should be told something more than it hasn't been worked on for however long they said.

In my opinion if they were to release the pose editor they would see into the thousands of people re sub, and even if a good number of them only stayed for 1 month it would mean very much an instant return of into the tens of thousands of dollars. The numbers would remain higher and the average length of time people remain in the game would increase. 

So I just can't understand why they stopped with it.

I understand it could be difficult to implement as I have tried to point out in my posts, but I also understand it would not be impossible. 

Edited by Twiggy

4 hours ago, Aliviax said:

its like the piliticians in movies saying ''i will do this i will do that to earn the votes and when you vote they are like ''get out of here ''

Such a comparison lol Devs ain`t politicans.

Some correction: they said that they stop all of the big works. Not only this pose editor. Another project just stopped their pose editor because of mistakes. Pose editor isn`t an simple thing to make. I bet 3dx will finish this in about 5 years x)

On 10/16/2020 at 10:17 PM, Twiggy said:

What you seem to be talking about is not the menu system that we have in the game for poses now. You seem to be referring to some sort of filtering, where we would get to choose which poses appear in our menus. And yes that would make it usable but is not what we have now. Without some sort of filtering system the menu would end up having thousands of poses that we have to try scroll through so finding particular ones we wanted to use would be a real effort and pain in the ass. But yes a filter system where we got to pick poses we would use and those we selected only appeared in our menus would get over that. But that then can create other problems, to have that filter system new databases and scripting to read to and from those databases would need to be added. As there are several categories for poses it would need to be either one fairly complex database or several for each category. How much of a strain that would add to the data server would need to be considered. Then there is also for each pose/animation to work where the pose involves 2 people both have to have that animation file in their own client computers. That would mean either having loads of updates and massive amounts of animation files stored in our game directories in our own computers or loads of file swapping going on while we play. It would also involve creating a system for us to be able to select the poses we want to appear in our menus. So it is not as easy and possible as you seem to think.

Yes, the menu system would need to be redesigned. It will need to be if there was a clothing editor added too.

Utherverse solved this problem in Curio many years ago, so I know it can be factually done.  I also know storage was server side. I believe the next attempt Oasis is still up and running even though not being developed. You could download it and check it out for free, and get an idea of what I'm talking about if you want too. It is far more limited than Curio was, but may answer some of your questions. The question though is how Gizmo might choose too.

If Brian Shuster of Utherverse chooses to open source the failed Curio project as he has stated he is considering or selling it, I would think Gizmo could incorporate the system in to 3DX. I don't know how easy or difficult that may be though. 

Edited by THX

12 hours ago, JenC said:

The 3DX platform is not stable, the 3DX platform is still under attack, nothing other than getting the platform solid is on the agenda. 

yes ofc but does this mean that the animator should stop making poses ? the 3d modeler design stuff ? Ofc not its another job and another job to keep server stable ^^ 

i said many times 1 works on server another works on programming another works on animations another on modeling another is baking bread haha all those are different proffesions that can be worked same time and progress same time 

No ?

i mean while tecknicians are fixig the server and keep it stable shouldnt we get updates ? shouldnt we get new content ? bug fixes ? i mean why not its different jobs lol 

have u seen animators fixing a server or baking breads or build railroads lol no they do animations modelers Do 3d designs and teck team fix and maintain server :)  All at the same time 

Jen C here ill use you as example say ur a animator in a game and  that game server has issues and ur not a server expert ur a animator ..So will you stop producing animations ? ofc not

So why the hold up ?

it doesnt make any sense.... lol

also lisa said on wc they havent worked on that fictional pose editor and that story goes back 2+ years ..lol its not that they stopped the project due to server issues lol they never had started it :) 

Also here another disturbing thing they say bug fixes and chanelog why never mention witch bugs they fixed ? cause i keep having the same bugs lol what bugs have u been fixing ???

why not mention ? 

There isnt a single person when doing bug fixes to never mention in chanelog the bugs they fix sexgamedevil is the only one that never says and yet bugs are there ..

So personaly as i said above i have stopped waiting anything i dont think a pose editor will find the light of day haha so better lets foget it ...

Now they want to fill us with tattoed piercings ,self phones socks ....who knows maybe pose editor will also be a tattoed haha ..ohh wait that door u might want get ready its comming on a tattoo u wanted a specific hemoshere prop ? tattoo is the answer :) 

17 hours ago, Aliviax said:

also lisa said on wc they havent worked on that fictional pose editor and that story goes back 2+ years ..lol its not that they stopped the project due to server issues lol they never had started it :) 

I doubt very much they are the words Lisa used, it would be more like they haven't worked on the pose editor as they have been working on other things. 

You have gone from one extreme to the other Alivia, you use to get in these forums making similar claims in favour of the devs, mis representing things that had been said to argue they were working hard on the game and how we could expect things soon. Now you are doing completely the opposite. You add words like you have here to try make your argument sound more convincing but just end up mis representing points that have been made. I would be very surprised if Lisa used the word fictional when talking about the pose editor. The teasers shown were showing work done using the 3DXChat avatars, Gizmo asked and answered questions about the pose editor and he also created this thread "Pose Editor" So calling it fictional is just a little over the top. Yes it is fairly certain they have stopped work on it, but you, I or know one else other than the devs have no idea why or if it has been cancelled or can be expected to be worked on again later. It may be he found something that would make it to hard to add, or use to many recourses, we don't know and that is the problem. 

Another thing I would like to point out is how people keep expecting things can be done in 3DXChat because it has been done in other games, most of which are games that are far lower in graphics and animation quality. So I thought I should give some examples of what that could mean. Two games of the same genre, one uses textures with 1024 x 1024 texture maps and the other uses 2048 x 2048. Those map files are not twice the size but 4 times the size. Not only does the server have to be much more powerful and its connection to the Internet need to have 4 times the bandwidth but so does our computers to be able to run it. So just because certain tasks have been done successfully in a certain way in lower graphic detailed games does not mean it can be done in 3DXChat.

2 hours ago, Twiggy said:

I doubt very much they are the words Lisa used, it would be more like they haven't worked on the pose editor as they have been working on other things. 

You have gone from one extreme to the other Alivia, you use to get in these forums making similar claims in favour of the devs, mis representing things that had been said to argue they were working hard on the game and how we could expect things soon. Now you are doing completely the opposite. You add words like you have here to try make your argument sound more convincing but just end up mis representing points that have been made. I would be very surprised if Lisa used the word fictional when talking about the pose editor. The teasers shown were showing work done using the 3DXChat avatars, Gizmo asked and answered questions about the pose editor and he also created this thread "Pose Editor" So calling it fictional is just a little over the top. Yes it is fairly certain they have stopped work on it, but you, I or know one else other than the devs have no idea why or if it has been cancelled or can be expected to be worked on again later. It may be he found something that would make it to hard to add, or use to many recourses, we don't know and that is the problem. 

Another thing I would like to point out is how people keep expecting things can be done in 3DXChat because it has been done in other games, most of which are games that are far lower in graphics and animation quality. So I thought I should give some examples of what that could mean. Two games of the same genre, one uses textures with 1024 x 1024 texture maps and the other uses 2048 x 2048. Those map files are not twice the size but 4 times the size. Not only does the server have to be much more powerful and its connection to the Internet need to have 4 times the bandwidth but so does our computers to be able to run it. So just because certain tasks have been done successfully in a certain way in lower graphic detailed games does not mean it can be done in 3DXChat.

listen i call it fictional cause its not here haha so far its on our imagination ,when something doesnt exist yet its in the spere of fictional to me just a thought nhothing more 

and yes exact lisa words was ''we havent worked on the pose editor '' fictional word is mine and explained it above 

when something Do not exist isnt fictional ? isnt a fantasy or just a thought ? 

The devs havent shown any teaser from the pose editor ^^ those were inside 3dsmax ^^ 

the oly teasers we have got were hair sliders and cloth sliders (we havent got ) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
13 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Why do you still want a pose editor when you got LOVENSE INTEGRATION!
But don't despair, with all the money that is now rolling in due to this corporate deal, Gizmo will finally get to work on the pose editor...

/sarcasm off

Well after he buys himself a new toaster.  I mean, priorities!

/joking

Yeah, the lack of communication and sparse updates was just because of the lack of money.  You can't hire a second or third dev with just (estimated) 40.000 - 50.000$ income per month...
But now, with Lovense on board, everything will be better! Direct communication and interaction with the devs and monthly, no!, weekly updates will make everybody happy. Just keep buying Lovense toys and don't stop to use them 😜

Well I dunno why people so persistent around this, I know it be nice. But is pretty obvious that many pose editor will only allow you to maybe move existing poses around it into other objects. If they're being really quality demanding with Loruna when she made poses, there is no way it's gonna allow you to make poses directing into 3dxchat.

Think it would work more as a means to do custom furniture by moving existing poses over to other object and adjusting them, assuming it will still happen at all.

Even in a concurent game (Achat to not name it) they tried the pose editor.

As far as i remember, players could only place the dummie bodies in the position they wanted to be made then send it to the devs of the game with only the hope that they accept to do it.

And i think they got a lot more money (at least at this time) than 3DX. But this feature had a bad side effect. 99% of the proposed poses was hetero, meant that for two years there was zero LG pose made and they lost both gay and lesbian community. (And that's when i came to 3DX because two years without a single lesbian pose was too long, even for me :D)

I'm affraid that something similar would happen here with a pose editor.

Edited by Leeloo

6 hours ago, Leeloo said:

Even in a concurent game (Achat to not name it) they tried the pose editor.

As far as i remember, players could only place the dummie bodies in the position they wanted to be made then send it to the devs of the game with only the hope that they accept to do it.

And i think they got a lot more money (at least at this time) than 3DX. But this feature had a bad side effect. 99% of the proposed poses was hetero, meant that for two years there was zero LG pose made and they lost both gay and lesbian community. (And that's when i came to 3DX because two years without a single lesbian pose was too long, even for me :D)

I'm affraid that something similar would happen here with a pose editor.

The pose editor in that game has been introduced again.  Many are using it and some even have their creations for sale.  

Should they introduce it here as well the editor would not be limited to just hetero poses and users just as it is not there.  A hetero user should not be expected to design a pose they would not use as the instinct is not there.  So instead of making this a negative turn it into a positive and encourage those with different sexual preferences to also use the pose editor.

Sadly you are correct that there are many more hetero poses than others.  So work on changing it.