3DXChat Community

Pose Editor?

Gizmo

784 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it?

• Yes
    • No

OK thing is that hunderends of un register forum people asking for the pose editor  ;) 

personaly i think Dev team have pose editor for a nice surprise in future  :D 

but would be awesome if everyone had more info on what is to come n future plans GIZMO  ;) 

• 1 year later...
On 10/8/2020 at 4:45 PM, faithhopelove said:

I'm very interested in this too.

On 10/12/2020 at 6:53 PM, xxrollloxx said:

I've been waiting for this for a long time

recently on world chat lisa said they havent worked on a pose editor ....yes i know this convo of pose editor being 2+ years lol 

3 months ago they showed us some nipple piercings fake ones meaning texture paint not a 3d object ..3 months later no where to be seen 

creates a distrust if you ask me 

On 7/26/2019 at 8:07 PM, Aliviax said:

OK thing is that hunderends of un register forum people asking for the pose editor  ;) 

personaly i think Dev team have pose editor for a nice surprise in future  :D 

but would be awesome if everyone had more info on what is to come n future plans GIZMO  ;) 

I would rather see a Clothes-editor, and it would be easier for the development team to make it ... and we get a huge motivation to play more! 😉

15417595438950.jpg

1 hour ago, Angelqueen said:

I would rather see a Clothes-editor, and it would be easier for the development team to make it ... and we get a huge motivation to play more! 😉

15417595438950.jpg

Well it seems hard for this dev team I mean so far as we have witnessed they can't make a 3d piercing.. 3 months have passed since they showed us the texture paint piercing n players boohoo them under voting cause we needed a real 3d object not a tattoo piercing lol. 

Dont know what to say only what I witness here. 

1 hour ago, Aliviax said:

Well it seems hard for this dev team I mean so far as we have witnessed they can't make a 3d piercing.. 3 months have passed since they showed us the texture paint piercing n players boohoo them under voting cause we needed a real 3d object not a tattoo piercing lol. 

Dont know what to say only what I witness here. 

Yeah, it just does not fit in my mind.

I can understand why devs could drop a development of pose editor despite all that teasing before (I am not saying I am happy with this, just saying that it's pretty understandable) and other complicated stuff. Maybe it's too much work for their little team. Maybe it's out of their competition. I don't know.

But a damn piercing? A rings or studs in nipples? Is this too much of a work for devs as well? Well, I don't know what to say if that is. It kinda makes me sad about this game tbh.  

I guess if Lisa stated they haven't worked on a Pose Editor in two years, that pretty much puts this to rest.  As for a Clothing Editor, it may be 'easier' to make, but it took Utherverse nearly THREE years to get one user friendly enough to use - and they had a team of over half a dozen at points.

I hate to say it, but I think everyone may just have to learn to accept things as not changing much or look for another place that they enjoy more.

Edited by THX

There are a number of reasons that Gizmo and Lisa may have stopped with the pose editor and for those that think they were never really serious on it they should think why did Gizmo create this thread. The teasers he gave did very much seem to be work in progress for a pose editor actually being worked on in the game environment. There are 2 or 3 good ones available in the Unity store and it appeared he was working with one of them improving it and making it fit the game.

Early in this thread you find where several of us were trying to figure out how they could implement a pose editor in 3DXChat, as to how they could have it work. For example they could not have every pose created by users get added to the existing menus and have them appear the same as any new pose created by the devs do now, the menus would just become massive and unusable. We talked about maybe they would have it so you only got poses that a room owner owned when you were in that room or having to click on each user to be able to see their use their poses as they do in other games. 

The thing is is that it could be possible they are having difficulties in finding a way to implement a pose editor without it being to big a strain on servers or Unity may not supply a way for them to be able to just have it be supplied in our rooms. 

What would be really good is if they gave us an explanation to things like this and let us know if we could still expect to have it added some time in the future. Saying it hasn't been worked on for 2 years doesn't really say it has been completely dumped or why it hasn't been worked on.

It could also be that Gizmo has been trying to find a way to stop people from hijacking his script as it seems there are now 2 copies of the game around. From the teasers he seemed to have put a lot of work into the pose editor he was working on so I could understand him maybe being worried about it just getting hijacked if he did add it. Looking at the teasers he had done some very advanced addons to what is around and I could understand him being protective of it.

I just wish they would let us know the reason it has been put on hold as there are a lot of people that come in these forums that could possibly help find an answer to the problem.

@Gizmo and @Lisa Can you please let us know why it has been put on hold?

Edited by Twiggy

I would disagree with the assumption 'user made poses would overload a menu and render it unusable'.  I would argue, just as no one has all the places built by users now cause they pick and choose what they want, so would it be with poses and Clothing. You only use what you choose to use.

Creating a world where users could fill the world with clothing, props, mesh and customer scripting was the essence of the Curio project by Utherverse. They wanted their interface to become a portal to worlds built by users not limited to sex, but racing, FPS shooters, etc. It was quite an ambitious project that assumed if the backend was created, users would fill it and they would make money off subscriptions and micro transactions between creator and  buyer. It was quite ambitious project.

I believe the huge inventory of poses would become a master list users would choose from and add them to their custom limited menu of poses by catagory similar to what some have described Achat to use.

If Gizmo and Lisa's project is getting ripped off, I can understand their frustration. Security has always been an issue with Unity.

I dunno the answer to anything. I just know the pros of something can be offset by the cons at some point and become less interesting and cause people to look for something better. The reason why games like Call of Duty have to constantly create new titles in order to stay fresh.

Edited by THX

The question 

2 hours ago, Twiggy said:

There are a number of reasons that Gizmo and Lisa may have stopped with the pose editor and for those that think they were never really serious on it they should think why did Gizmo create this thread. The teasers he gave did very much seem to be work in progress for a pose editor actually being worked on in the game environment. There are 2 or 3 good ones available in the Unity store and it appeared he was working with one of them improving it and making it fit the game.

Early in this thread you find where several of us were trying to figure out how they could implement a pose editor in 3DXChat, as to how they could have it work. For example they could not have every pose created by users get added to the existing menus and have them appear the same as any new pose created by the devs do now, the menus would just become massive and unusable. We talked about maybe they would have it so you only got poses that a room owner owned when you were in that room or having to click on each user to be able to see their use their poses as they do in other games. 

The thing is is that it could be possible they are having difficulties in finding a way to implement a pose editor without it being to big a strain on servers or Unity may not supply a way for them to be able to just have it be supplied in our rooms. 

What would be really good is if they gave us an explanation to things like this and let us know if we could still expect to have it added some time in the future. Saying it hasn't been worked on for 2 years doesn't really say it has been completely dumped or why it hasn't been worked on.

It could also be that Gizmo has been trying to find a way to stop people from hijacking his script as it seems there are now 2 copies of the game around. From the teasers he seemed to have put a lot of work into the pose editor he was working on so I could understand him maybe being worried about it just getting hijacked if he did add it. Looking at the teasers he had done some very advanced addons to what is around and I could understand him being protective of it.

I just wish they would let us know the reason it has been put on hold as there are a lot of people that come in these forums that could possibly help find an answer to the problem.

@Gizmo and @Lisa Can you please let us know why it has been put on hold?

The question was asked during the height of the ddos attacks so the answer would of been the same no matter what was asked. :D

1 hour ago, THX said:

I would disagree with the assumption 'user made poses would overload a menu and render it unusable'.  I would argue, just as no one has all the places built by users now cause they pick and choose what they want, so would it be with poses and Clothing. You only use what you choose to use.

Creating a world where users could fill the world with clothing, props, mesh and customer scripting was the essence of the Curio project by Utherverse. They wanted their interface to become a portal to worlds built by users not limited to sex, but racing, FPS shooters, etc. It was quite an ambitious project that assumed if the backend was created, users would fill it and they would make money off subscriptions and micro transactions between creator and  buyer. It was quite ambitious project.

I believe the huge inventory of poses would become a master list users would choose from and add them to their custom limited menu of poses by catagory similar to what some have described Achat to use.

If Gizmo and Lisa's project is getting ripped off, I can understand their frustration. Security has always been an issue with Unity.

I dunno the answer to anything. I just know the pros of something can be offset by the cons at some point and become less interesting and cause people to look for something better. The reason why games like Call of Duty have to constantly create new titles in order to stay fresh.

What you seem to be talking about is not the menu system that we have in the game for poses now. You seem to be referring to some sort of filtering, where we would get to choose which poses appear in our menus. And yes that would make it usable but is not what we have now. Without some sort of filtering system the menu would end up having thousands of poses that we have to try scroll through so finding particular ones we wanted to use would be a real effort and pain in the ass. But yes a filter system where we got to pick poses we would use and those we selected only appeared in our menus would get over that. But that then can create other problems, to have that filter system new databases and scripting to read to and from those databases would need to be added. As there are several categories for poses it would need to be either one fairly complex database or several for each category. How much of a strain that would add to the data server would need to be considered. Then there is also for each pose/animation to work where the pose involves 2 people both have to have that animation file in their own client computers. That would mean either having loads of updates and massive amounts of animation files stored in our game directories in our own computers or loads of file swapping going on while we play. It would also involve creating a system for us to be able to select the poses we want to appear in our menus. So it is not as easy and possible as you seem to think.

Edited by Twiggy

guys its very simple lol dont complicate things ,the said pose editor would work like build editor ,you go you create something u save the file like you do with world files .no one else will have it unless you share it :) so no big menu no scrolling etc you say 

2 hours ago, Aliviax said:

guys its very simple lol dont complicate things ,the said pose editor would work like build editor ,you go you create something u save the file like you do with world files .no one else will have it unless you share it :) so no big menu no scrolling etc you say 

My expectation of a pose editor is that all poses created are available to all players to enrich the playing experience for everyone.  This is the spirit of community led building and development - an altruistic attitude, not a selfish one.

3 hours ago, Aliviax said:

Alivia I wish it was as simple as that but it is not. When you create and save your room you are able to use it when you open your room because of the way Unity works.

When you open your room you create a new scene in Unity and the game, each player that then enters your room is transferred in the game to the scene you have created. As they enter your scene they get information from both the game server and your computer. It is your computer that sends them the file with the room information. It is also your computer that then sends all the information of movement, animations being used and other things that happen in the scene you host. When animations are called each player has to have a copy of that animation file in their computer, without it they cannot see the animation. If a pose editor was to do what you say and only store the file on your computer then no one else would see the animation. So for example if it was done in a way where if we were to see all the animations a room host has in there collection, then when entering a room all who do would have to be sent all the room owners animation files. We can only see an animation if we either have the file stored in our own computers or if it is sent to us when called. 

The biggest problem is if it was able to be done the way you think is for everyone else to be able to see the animation you use. Lets say you go to Love Island and there are 100 people there. You use your custom animation, for everyone to see it your computer must send the animation file to each person in there. Now lets say all 100 are using their own custom animation. All sending their own animation files to everyone else in there. That is 99 files being sent and 99 files being received by everyone in there. They mostly are not big files, but the volume of how may times they will be sent back and forth will create problems.

In other games where they have pose editors to see another persons animations you have to click on that person and select to see their animations, your computer then downloads their animations and you get to see them. Or they have it so if you go in someones room you download the animations the room owner has to offer as you enter that room.

Edited by Twiggy

59 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Alivia I wish it was as simple as that but it is not. When you create and save your room you are able to use it when you open your room because of the way Unity works.

When you open your room you create a new scene in Unity and the game, each player that then enters your room is transferred in the game to the scene you have created. As they enter your scene they get information from both the game server and your computer. It is your computer that sends them the file with the room information. It is also your computer that then sends all the information of movement, animations being used and other things that happen in the scene you host. When animations are called each player has to have a copy of that animation file in their computer, without it they cannot see the animation. If a pose editor was to do what you say and only store the file on your computer then no one else would see the animation. So for example if it was done in a way where if we were to see all the animations a room host has in there collection, then when entering a room all who do would have to be sent all the room owners animation files. We can only see an animation if we either have the file stored in our own computers or if it is sent to us when called. 

The biggest problem is if it was able to be done the way you think is for everyone else to be able to see the animation you use. Lets say you go to Love Island and there are 100 people there. You use your custom animation, for everyone to see it your computer must send the animation file to each person in there. Now lets say all 100 are using their own custom animation. All sending their own animation files to everyone else in there. That is 99 files being sent and 99 files being received by everyone in there. They mostly are not big files, but the volume of how may times they will be sent back and forth will create problems.

In other games where they have pose editors to see another persons animations you have to click on that person and select to see their animations, your computer then downloads their animations and you get to see them. Or they have it so if you go in someones room you download the animations the room owner has to offer as you enter that room.

What I say is.. When I would make something on that fictional pose editor before it would be ready for use I would have to save it.. So what can be done is this.. Upload n save meaning you save the file on ur pc n same time upload to the server... Then if I use that pose ppl would be able to see it casu server would send back as it already sends various data each second. Similar is for rooms server keeps a copy when you load it... 

At this point I wanna say that I don't believe anymore that this dev team can make it lol as we have seen they struggle to make a simple 3d object piercing lol.... What pose editor we talking about haha

1 hour ago, Aliviax said:

What I say is.. When I would make something on that fictional pose editor before it would be ready for use I would have to save it.. So what can be done is this.. Upload n save meaning you save the file on ur pc n same time upload to the server... Then if I use that pose ppl would be able to see it casu server would send back as it already sends various data each second. Similar is for rooms server keeps a copy when you load it... 

At this point I wanna say that I don't believe anymore that this dev team can make it lol as we have seen they struggle to make a simple 3d object piercing lol.... What pose editor we talking about haha

Olivia you need to read up on how Unity works, the game servers don't send out that much, mainly data from the database servers. When a scene is opened (room), all the room, texture, lighting and such files are sent to each visitor from the room owners computer. It is done that way so the game servers do not have to be so powerful. Plus if things were set up the way you are talking about, lets say there are 5 rooms opened like I said before, all with 100 people in them, each using their own pose. For everybody to see all the poses that would mean in each room 100 files would need to be sent to 100 players times 5 rooms. Every time any one of the players in any of those rooms changed to another of their own poses all 100 people in that room would need to receive the file from the server. That would be happening far to often and the server would need to be able to cater for it. At the moment the game server itself does not have to do that much work, most of it is done by the data servers and the client computers when they open rooms. It is very likely the main server would need to be much much bigger than now just to cater for that. 

As for the devs not being able to do the piercings, I don't believe they can't do it but rather like a lot of other things, they just can't be bothered.

26 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Olivia you need to read up on how Unity works, the game servers don't send out that much, mainly data from the database servers. When a scene is opened (room), all the room, texture, lighting and such files are sent to each visitor from the room owners computer. It is done that way so the game servers do not have to be so powerful. Plus if things were set up the way you are talking about, lets say there are 5 rooms opened like I said before, all with 100 people in them, each using their own pose. For everybody to see all the poses that would mean in each room 100 files would need to be sent to 100 players times 5 rooms. Every time any one of the players in any of those rooms changed to another of their own poses all 100 people in that room would need to receive the file from the server. That would be happening far to often and the server would need to be able to cater for it. At the moment the game server itself does not have to do that much work, most of it is done by the data servers and the client computers when they open rooms. It is very likely the main server would need to be much much bigger than now just to cater for that. 

As for the devs not being able to do the piercings, I don't believe they can't do it but rather like a lot of other things, they just can't be bothered.

But... Now rooms are open even if host isn't online ^^ you know what this means

26 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

But... Now rooms are open even if host isn't online ^^ you know what this means

I haven't been in the game for a while but I think you will find that someone else has opened the room for them, simply has the same room file and opens it. Like can you open your room and log off and the room remains open ? I bet you can't.

1 hour ago, Twiggy said:

Like can you open your room and log off and the room remains open ? I bet you can't.

You can. Devs made it possible several months ago. Room will be automatically closed though if people counter will reach zero. But yes, host can leave the game and the room still will be open as long as someone inside. 

1 hour ago, Twiggy said:

I haven't been in the game for a while but I think you will find that someone else has opened the room for them, simply has the same room file and opens it. Like can you open your room and log off and the room remains open ? I bet you can't.

Nope. Currently I can open a room log out n room still be open... Log in next day n find it open, unless I decide to close it... So what I said above create a pose in fictional pose editor.. Upload n save upon completion, means everyone can see the pose not use it tho cause they don't have the file... Kinda same when u open ur room ppl don't have ur room but can see it... Cause server send data of the room u have load there to every player along with many other data like coordinates etc. 

But anyways I don't think we will ever get such a editor... We were shown tattooed piercings 3 months ago.... Not that we liked them but no where to be seen... I mean lol they were ready.. Even tho they said wip... When u make a tattoo n show it its there finished lol. 

Its not like they showed us the half tattoo piercing n other half is wip lol