3DXChat Community

Pose Editor?

Gizmo

784 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it?

• Yes
    • No

Yes, 2 animations, but one file, need to send the file for each player, but only one file for two players, as they use same pose, instead of each player will use own animation and it will be one file for one player.

I know about band width, but I don't think, that it's too bad, if you will see custom pose with few seconds delay. Drawing an analogy with VRchat again, there is not only custom animations, but custom characters, effects, sounds, almost all. And there is no problem with that, when someone enters the room, all players load all data about this character and thats few seconds delay, before other players can see it, same with 3DXchat, as we are loading user rooms, when entering them.

You want to say, that if you become host of room, they are using your pc, as server? I don't really sure about that... And how they use it, what information your pc working on, when you are host? No matter what it is, it always can be on server side, I'm sure.

But anyway, I think, that add string like "see player poses" in settings would be best solution, because let players decide, want they see it or not, it's always the best solution.

It can be either way, 2 separate files synced or one file as you say going to both players.

The problem with doing it as you say is that file is close to twice the size of a the other way, and has to go to both players.

If you don't believe me about when you host a room you need to read up on Unity and see how scenes are created and how when a scene is created the client computer becomes the host of the scene.

Yes things like when you look up user profiles, things that are stored on the game server, they come from the game server.

But lots of the work for that scene, which is the room, is done by the owner of that scene/room computer.

All the information on what other avis that are in that room are doing, like what animations they are doing, where they are located in the room, what clothes they have on, all that sort of thing is sent to everyone in that room from the room owners computer.

It is the way Unity is designed to work, to lesson the work load on the main servers.

And that is pretty well known by people that have looked into Unity.

But lets wait and see.

My guess is we will get the pose editor around the end of the year, will be the big update we normally get at that time of year to influence everyone to re sub with the year sub discount.

But I am not going to expect real time user animations like they have in VR Chat.

If they do that I would really petty the people that have older computers and slow Internet connections.

Because many of them already have a lag problem, and if they bring in real time user animations I think they will find it impossible.

Yes, I don't know, how exactly unity works and didn't host rooms for pretty long time, so I will not argue about how it works.

And yes, people with older computers will feel the game worse with each update, if it's not optimization update, but we got new graphic before, now we got world editor and 64x client, maybe thats time to move future.

Anyway, we will see it soon, I hope.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm expecting it to be similar to the room editor.

You create a pose, it creates a file... you can then apply in your room as if it is an object.

Don't see any negatives to this.

That would be a waste... A whole pose editor to do poses only for your rooms...It would be such a half-assed solution... Easy and smooth, yes, but so boring.

Wowz go Gizmo and Lisa. Ah tink they are def workin on sumting here, there is no reason to show us these tings if they were just new poses they were working on and im sure they aren that mean to tease peeps in this way.

Ah agree wif Ricky, they will make eet simple and streamlined and eet will be an addon feature like WE where ya create then save as a file, add to a room file perhaps, share with other peeps etc. This way specific poses can be linked wif props in a room and everyone entering will be able to use this pose where eet is assigned. No diff to peeps seeing and sittin on a sofa ya have created in WE.

This way we all can make poses, share them D/L them to our pootas and use them in wot is now standard User Created rooms.

Eet will be no diff to having a Library of Created Rooms on ya hard Drive and not having to have literally everyones creations saved there in order to see, use and enter wot they have created.

Ah cant imagine they would be sharing this with us all if in fact they didnt plan on implementing these developments into tha game, that would be so mean if they were tricking us but ah beeweeeeeeevs WoooHoooooooo \o/

Wowz go Gizmo and Lisa. Ah tink they are def workin on sumting here, there is no reason to show us these tings if they were just new poses they were working on and im sure they aren that mean to tease peeps in this way.

Ah agree wif Ricky, they will make eet simple and streamlined and eet will be an addon feature like WE where ya create then save as a file, add to a room file perhaps, share with other peeps etc. This way specific poses can be linked wif props in a room and everyone entering will be able to use this pose where eet is assigned. No diff to peeps seeing and sittin on a sofa ya have created in WE.

This way we all can make poses, share them D/L them to our pootas and use them in wot is now standard User Created rooms.

Eet will be no diff to having a Library of Created Rooms on ya hard Drive and not having to have literally everyones creations saved there in order to see, use and enter wot they have created.

Ah cant imagine they would be sharing this with us all if in fact they didnt plan on implementing these developments into tha game, that would be so mean if they were tricking us but ah beeweeeeeeevs WoooHoooooooo \o/

*Likes this so hard, the like button's family sends me a restraining order*

Jokings aside, I'm over the dang moon and back - seriously hoping this is the pose maker we got (*edit* sort of but not really) promised a ways back.

Even more so if it's gonna be very user friendly.

On an off note, is there a discord for 3dxchat devs, to go with their telegram group thingie?

It would be hella cool if the devs spoke to us a lil bit more ^_^

Stuffs do take a while to develop, that aint a problem, being quiet for too long sadly makes paranoia.

@3dx staff 

Please share those development things with all your users. Please use all the communication channels to inform your community. Forum, twitter, telegram thank you.

Considering theres been no notes accompanying these gifs/pics to explain what they are, we are not missing much, but I do agree that they should be posting here as well.

Considering theres been no notes accompanying these gifs/pics to explain what they are, we are not missing much, but I do agree that they should be posting here as well.

Yeah would be cool if they would say what this is now it just guesswork

I am hoping this is showing off some of the framework of the editor for us,

THX and myself talk about this some time back and while the editor may be a bit too much for some users, there will be others that will be making and sharing lots of them, so this will benefit all 3DX users immensely.

If this is indeed the pose editor for us, the biggest question is how the poses will be packaged, how do we share them. Hopefully its not too much problem, but Im sure most people will be happy to finally get some poses we have been asking for for years and will take whatever we get, because theres literally hundreds of poses people have asked for and zero chance of them being put into the game unless we get this editor.

*Likes this so hard, the like button's family sends me a restraining order*

Jokings aside, I'm over the dang moon and back - seriously hoping this is the pose maker we got promised a ways back.

Even more so if it's gonna be very user friendly.

On an off note, is there a discord for 3dxchat devs, to go with their telegram group thingie?

It would be hella cool if the devs spoke to us a lil bit more ^_^

Stuffs do take a while to develop, that aint a problem, being quiet for too long sadly makes paranoia.

Not to just like come at you or anything spear, just like to know since when did the devs promise us the pose editor? cause i have not seen it anywhere of being promised :3

i remember they asked if we wanted it but nothing else.

And i'm just saying here, cause i know many want the pose editor, but i would say don't get the hopes up about it cause you will just be disappointed big time when it ain't that.

Cheers Y'all

Not to just like come at you or anything spear, just like to know since when did the devs promise us the pose editor? cause i have not seen it anywhere of being promised :3

i remember they asked if we wanted it but nothing else.

And i'm just saying here, cause i know many want the pose editor, but i would say don't get the hopes up about it cause you will just be disappointed big time when it ain't that.

Cheers Y'all

Ahh, you are quite correct, do pardon me ^_^;

Kick in da nutZ pose here ah come ROFL :P

Ah also have a sneaky suspicion that we are gonna all be disappointeds and these snippets aren't from the Pose Editor but another prog they use to make poses and these are just new ones they are working on. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

My guess, they are actually making those using the pose editor.

If so you would think it wouldn't be far away, but then it's 3DXChat, lol

I don't think they will be confined to our rooms, like it's not like the rooms file where if we take that with us the room would have to change.

Our personal poses will be something we have with us whereever we go.

If it is a sex pose. it will be like you select the pose and your partner gets a popup to accept it, if they do the file gets sent to the and you both see the pose, but no one else will.

Unless they have some sort of "see this persons pose" thing we can select.

But I don't think they will be confined to our rooms, like we actually do carry our rooms with us in a sense, we just can't use them like we could poses.

But in our rooms it might be that everyone in the room can see the poses without having to click to see, that could be done.

Likely no one is going to be able to tell what the pose is, like we get a popup to accept a pose and will have to trust the person that has sent it to us.

The other thing I think is, a lot of doors are going to open up, like maybe the likes of trubones will get a lot of business.

I think it's kewl they are doing this, but think a clothing editor would have more of an impact. 

Don't get me wrong, this is cutting edge stuff and I'm not knocking it. Can't wait to make stuff.

That would be a waste... A whole pose editor to do poses only for your rooms...It would be such a half-assed solution... Easy and smooth, yes, but so boring.

Yeah, I think your right.  They could have the created animations saved client-side and maybe replicate the character states to the server.  Don't know how much bandwidth it would take up though.  *shrugs*  I'm not a coder.

• 4 weeks later...

The interface for the 3dx max plugin/pose editor, or whatever it is seems to have changed in the new videos they released. It now has another box the "Big Dick Zone", and a new blue surround color. It also seems to be showing that all three boxes can be selected and adjusted at the same time.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If this is truly the pose editor for the game, looks vey promising, and as we have been seeing the other screenshots and gifs from Telegram, the pose bundle they are releasing is made entirely in the pose editor i guess? Something similar happened with the room editor, the Beach was made with it, and then they released the tool.