3DXChat Community

Pose Editor?

Gizmo

784 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it?

• Yes
    • No

I was wondering how this idea fits with the marketing line that 3DXChat sex poses are animations based on real people.  I always assumed that this was one reason that the avatar movement realism was significantly better than other games in this genre.  However, I support the idea that the community can help to build content, as long as quality is governed and maintained.

Ps. if this Pose Editor idea comes to life, I selflessly offer myself up as a model to participate in motion capture sessions  ;)  :P  :lol:.

Damn! I managed to get a wrong post in the wrong place here!

On the topic now, generally I'm all in favour if giving users the tools to create content for the game. In this case I have a feeling that some creators will create some pretty wierd poses, which could cause problems because people need to try them out to discover if they're any good or not. Imagine you try a pose called 'romantic cuddle' and then discover that it's something nasty.

Damn! I managed to get a wrong post in the wrong place here!

On the topic now, generally I'm all in favour if giving users the tools to create content for the game. In this case I have a feeling that some creators will create some pretty wierd poses, which could cause problems because people need to try them out to discover if they're any good or not. Imagine you try a pose called 'romantic cuddle' and then discover that it's something nasty.

Somehow in sl it`s not a problem. Will be the same in  3dx. In 3dx you can having sex in any public place (not by our users, i meant official places like a beach, sin club and so on) and here is a difference only.

I mean i couldnt care less atm, cause im havn great real life sex with a special person that loves me just the same, as i love her and just checkn forums again - seeing his & thinking: wtf that pose editor isnt here yet^^ 3dx patietcia est akay its done ...when its done ... in 2019/20 heheee - who knows^^

i mean i couldnt care less atm, cause im havn great real life sex with a special person that loves me just the same, as i love her and just checkn forums again - seeing his & thinking: wtf that pose editor isnt here yet^^ 3dx patietcia est akay its done ...when its done ... in 2019/20 heheee - who knows^^

maybe... .. . maybe not^^

tumblr_m7c769rzMh1qfo1pz.gif

+1 for the pose editor, if peoples don't like shitty poses in some rooms they can just go elsewhere ... it's what they are already doing for crap rooms that look like 2005 SL clubs, and such rooms aren't forbidden as far I know ...  

Talking about SL, sure there is lots of old and shitty poses in freebie furnitures made with qavimator by dudes that don't know how to use the software, but there is also lots of quality motion capture sex poses ... 

For those ones who said no,

The Quality:

1) The Quality Control: People who have their own time to moderate content quality might control the quality of the poses from user's uploads.

Basically if Gizmo doesn't have enough people, Users may volunteer him. I can do that for him, for you.

2) Don't need quality control as the poses may be kept only for creator himself. So if User decides to test quality of poses, he may test it with Bob or Betty.

3) Animation limits, There is a feature in animation that doesn't allow you to squeeze and kink or over twist the model. You may use that to not let yourself make bad quality content.! This is called "bone rotation limits" For those who wants to experiment with poses, may turn it off.

4) Offensive, rude poses: Well, user may keep it for himself to laugh, but it won't pass the moderation if he wants to share and upload it to official library.

Sharing:

1)Server is enough capable to keep over loaded scenes from users, don't you think it can not handle with bunch of poses?

2) As long as some users find it complicated to mess with poses, not everyone will be using this feature, and back to quality - people learning from making shit till they able to make a candy.

it only means that there wont be any overloads of poses even! So you CAN keep the saved poses on server without any worries about loosing your Hard Drive memory.

3) Back to Moderation of quality: Volunteers who want this feature to be released may want to help it happen so I am ready to volunteer the quality control, as I want to bring and share good quality content for the game.

So if user decides to share his pose creation to everyone, he has to pass the quality control, but if he wants to use it for himself only, he may not need to pass the quality control. Also Could be a good option to notify another user about: "Username Invites you for Custom Pose" (and the Thumbnail of this pose)

Creative people:

This is simple, People wants to bring something new for the game as long as they can not wait for something new from gizmo.

I think it's a good idea to extend the customization for very creative and talented people if their true motives is not to overload the library with tons of crap but to share very good content.

If people can handle this, why not to try to let them do it?

Test Server:

There is a test server opened already so if the pose editor needs to be tested first, creative people like me, rob, shay, lussian, many many others i haven't named would really like to help. 

And only then you may decide should you put this feature on original game or remove it even.

For those ones who said no,

The Quality:

1) The Quality Control: People who have their own time to moderate content quality might control the quality of the poses from user's uploads.

Basically if Gizmo doesn't have enough people, Users may volunteer him. I can do that for him, for you.

2) Don't need quality control as the poses may be kept only for creator himself. So if User decides to test quality of poses, he may test it with Bob or Betty.

3) Animation limits, There is a feature in animation that doesn't allow you to squeeze and kink or over twist the model. You may use that to not let yourself make bad quality content.! This is called "bone rotation limits" For those who wants to experiment with poses, may turn it off.

4) Offensive, rude poses: Well, user may keep it for himself to laugh, but it won't pass the moderation if he wants to share and upload it to official library.

Sharing:

1)Server is enough capable to keep over loaded scenes from users, don't you think it can not handle with bunch of poses?

2) As long as some users find it complicated to mess with poses, not everyone will be using this feature, and back to quality - people learning from making shit till they able to make a candy.

it only means that there wont be any overloads of poses even! So you CAN keep the saved poses on server without any worries about loosing your Hard Drive memory.

3) Back to Moderation of quality: Volunteers who want this feature to be released may want to help it happen so I am ready to volunteer the quality control, as I want to bring and share good quality content for the game.

So if user decides to share his pose creation to everyone, he has to pass the quality control, but if he wants to use it for himself only, he may not need to pass the quality control. Also Could be a good option to notify another user about: "Username Invites you for Custom Pose" (and the Thumbnail of this pose)

Creative people:

This is simple, People wants to bring something new for the game as long as they can not wait for something new from gizmo.

I think it's a good idea to extend the customization for very creative and talented people if their true motives is not to overload the library with tons of crap but to share very good content.

If people can handle this, why not to try to let them do it?

Test Server:

There is a test server opened already so if the pose editor needs to be tested first, creative people like me, rob, shay, lussian, many many others i haven't named would really like to help. 

And only then you may decide should you put this feature on original game or remove it even.

Can't more agree with you

when you see the creativity of some rooms since World Editor, it should be great for the game if we could share some selected poses with all the community

Can't more agree with you

when you see the creativity of some rooms since World Editor, it should be great for the game if we could share some selected poses with all the community

This the .world file is for? isn't it? :D this the forum is for isn't it? :D

We may share it here. Well, or how about the feature called "Gift the pose?" so the user wont be able to edit it until he'll have the actual .world file from the author?

May also be good. 

And about sharing, as i said about quality moderation volunteers, if they will follow the criteria that is listed from gizmo, but not from personal tastes only, it will assist the game the best moderation. So people WILL be able to share it for everyone, and WILL be able to use the content, and no one will complain about "not having the pose they like".

Because there will be lots of options to get the pose you like:

1) ask the creator for a gift

2) ask the creator for .world file

3) find the pose in user content library

4) create the pose you want by yourself using the editor (following guides and tutorials in youtube)

If peoples wanna make custom poses for their rooms, I don't see where is the problem ... if someone don't like them he can still move to an other room.

Now if we are talking about adding poses to the official library, sure the quality need to be controled. Devs can even make some contests to get the best ones added (what could also become a cool ingame event btw).

For now what would be nice is let peoples pick the poses they want in the world editor. So they can remove the ones that don't work with their builds, and later if we get custom poses, add something to upload poses or type some IDs if it's already uploaded on the server. In game the pose menu would show custom poses names and eventualy creators/uploaders names.  

• 1 month later...

I'm still hoping this will be a thing, even if it'll take them a while to do it.

Be interesting to see how they would go about, and how we could work with it.

A ways back I fiddled around with a program called MikuMikuDance (or MMD for short) which basically lets you throw in a 3d model(s) (which requires rigging, but thats another topic) and let you animate/pose said model(s).

Once done, the animation file is saved separately from the model(s) used, and can be used with other models.

Here is an example of this in action:

And so, my point?

If 3dx was to do something similar, imagine how much potential people who do animations for a living with other softwares could do! :D  

Not sure how many people who do animations for a living would bother with 3DX when they can make a RL living selling them in SL or if it ever is finished - Oasis. Best case scenario is they create a pose editor for idiots. If you think about it, if it was so easy to make one that was good on multiple platforms, it would be worth buying for $500 or so and selling animations in Unreal, Unity, etc... people would pay for an easy animation program - and pay well.

You'd be amazed what people will spend. A few bucks from several thousand people over time is a huge motivator to take the time making them. Some even use MOCAP.