3DXChat Community

Pose Editor?

Gizmo

784 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it?

• Yes
    • No

Many years ago a post was created by Gizmo, to insert tattoos and pircing ... :huh:  2014 :huh: ... I do not think will shortly release the pose editor ... will spend another 4 years perhaps?

Here is the link of the post below.

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:08 AM

What new options do you like to have? (ie tattoo, piercing)

But not hairstyles, not clothes - we have separate topic for it.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/407-character-customization/

Rigging? Huh?

There is no need for "rigging."

Did I make the mesh ... no. The shorts mesh was made by Utherverse and the bikini mesh was made and uploaded to the clothing editor by Beyond. I did the texture maps on top of the meshes. Four in those cases. Bump, emmisive, etc.. The same technique as if 3dx provided the mesh for the existing clothes here, but enabled the meshes to be textured correctly.

A bikini mesh without the textures is nothingness.

A bikini mesh without the artwork is as useful as a bikini artwork without the mesh.

I'm sure you can now see your assertion a clothing editor cannot be made is invalid.

so you have no clue at all.

you did no mesh, so you did no clothes at all. Textures can always be exchanged with ease...

you have to rig new meshes to the avatar otherwise it doesnt move with it.

So if we talk about creating our clothes we dont mean exchanging textures....

so I have proven that you were wrong and u made no valid point, and on top u claimed something u didnt do at all.

so you have no clue at all.

you did no mesh, so you did no clothes at all. Textures can always be exchanged with ease...

you have to rig new meshes to the avatar otherwise it doesnt move with it.

So if we talk about creating our clothes we dont mean exchanging textures....

so I have proven that you were wrong and u made no valid point, and on top u claimed something u didnt do at all.

I will not continue after this reply to banter with you in a thread about POSES a Clothing Editor.

First you claim a clothing editor can't be done.

Now you are droning on about mesh creation - which is clearly another matter.

I CLEARLY stated CLOTHING EDITOR, not Clothing (Mesh Creator). 3DX already has a CLOTHING EDITOR of sorts as we can change the colors that are applied to the mesh. I also CLEARLY, stated the textures and artwork - which are MY OWN, were applied to Meshes in a CLOTHING EDITOR. The shorts mesh created by Utherverse, and the micro bikini mesh was Beyond. I also CLEARLY have stated should 3DX provide the UV Maps (Mesh's) we could customize them far greater and texture them in limitless way's making limitless clothing variations.

Your argument that you need "Rigging" in a clothing editor is preposterous, as is the claim that the textures arn't clothes. By that argument, Coco Chanel isn't a designer because she didn't weave the silks and fabrics herself. Meshes added to the editor by 3DX (as it apprears they have done in the past), CAN be made to be chosen and custom maps placed on them to make custom clothing - IF THE UV MAPS ARE PROVIDED.

Clearly the point has been demonstrated a clothes editor can be done and you assertion is invalid. Not only invalid but proven to be. The pictures prove beyond a shadow of a doubt this to be the case regardless if you accept this or not.

3DX can indeed add a Clothes Editor if they chose too. An in game Pose editor is FAR more complex.

Just so I'm understanding right, mesh is that wire-frame 3d modellers draw out in a program, then texture is fixed onto after, right?

I did give 3D model making a try ages ago (good old minecraft days  ^_^) but sadly couldn't get fully into it.

Either way, If so then i'd be hecka curious to know how a clothing maker could get worked into the game someday 0.o

I like what THX stated.... Why dont we have that clothes editor? Give us plain white clothing and throw in 100s of texture styles to choose from and the ability to change colors and fabric, i want a tiger pattern panties or maybe a zebra top or a cobra leather pants.... alot of possibilities!!! ... that way no one will complain about a clothing update ;)

you can add generic / standard (lets say) templates for example:

2 piece bikini (top and normal panties) or (Top and thong / gstring)

1 piece bikini (with strap or strapless)

Lingerie (baby doll or top and bottom)

Jean pants (skinny or classic cut)

Jean Shorts (Long sleeve or short sleeve)

sport pants (tight or classic)

or just simply add a pants template and then textures and fabric defines the rest :) and add options (tight / loose)

Tshirt (polo, vneck or round neck) and (tight fit or loose) and (short or long... maybe above the belly also and so on....

i think you got the drill and understood where im going with this..... 

This may be a game saver and a whole lot nag stopper lol

and oh VERY important also..... if you ever read this gizmo and think to implement it.... pleaseeeeeeeeeeee let us submit texture styles... i am sure we got creative people out there that are willing to help develop this game for FREE!! and I am the first one :)

JJ

I like what THX stated.... Why dont we have that clothes editor? Give us plain white clothing and throw in 100s of texture styles to choose from and the ability to change colors and fabric, i want a tiger pattern panties or maybe a zebra top or a cobra leather pants.... alot of possibilities!!! ... that way no one will complain about a clothing update ;)

you can add generic / standard (lets say) templates for example:

2 piece bikini (top and normal panties) or (Top and thong / gstring)

1 piece bikini (with strap or strapless)

Lingerie (baby doll or top and bottom)

Jean pants (skinny or classic cut)

Jean Shorts (Long sleeve or short sleeve)

sport pants (tight or classic)

or just simply add a pants template and then textures and fabric defines the rest :) and add options (tight / loose)

Tshirt (polo, vneck or round neck) and (tight fit or loose) and (short or long... maybe above the belly also and so on....

i think you got the drill and understood where im going with this..... 

This may be a game saver and a whole lot nag stopper lol

and oh VERY important also..... if you ever read this gizmo and think to implement it.... pleaseeeeeeeeeeee let us submit texture styles... i am sure we got creative people out there that are willing to help develop this game for FREE!! and I am the first one :)

JJ

because he said bullshit, as I mentioned afterwards.

the game he mentioned has no cloth editor, just a texture editor, thats all. if everybody is going to make their own texture for every piece of cloth, your VRAM is going to explode for sure with 50+ people in a room.

Most of you have just 2GB Vram, thats not alot for so much texture space.

Just so I'm understanding right, mesh is that wire-frame 3d modellers draw out in a program, then texture is fixed onto after, right?

I did give 3D model making a try ages ago (good old minecraft days  ^_^) but sadly couldn't get fully into it.

Either way, If so then i'd be hecka curious to know how a clothing maker could get worked into the game someday 0.o

the mesh is the 3d Mode, you ad a UVW Map on and then texture it. there are 3 textures for every model you see ingame (or more)

then you rig the model to the avatar otherwise it wont move with it.

And you have to bake the high poly mesh into a normap map and I am sure nobody of the average user can do that.

the mesh is the 3d Mode, you ad a UVW Map on and then texture it. there are 3 textures for every model you see ingame (or more)

then you rig the model to the avatar otherwise it wont move with it.

And you have to bake the high poly mesh into a normap map and I am sure nobody of the average user can do that.

I think I getcha, thank you :D

the game he mentioned has no cloth editor, just a texture editor, thats all. if everybody is going to make their own texture for every piece of cloth, your VRAM is going to explode for sure with 50+ people in a room.

Maybe you miss understood.... I said Submit..... Submit is to send a file, document or whatever to a party or entity for approval so they can approve or decline it.... in our case we are SUBMITTING our created textures to the DEVS so they can  approve anf them and add them to the game for alllllll of us to use or to decline them without getting into the RAM thingy you just mentioned.....

JJ

You really don't know what you are talking about do you? Stop giving people misinformation.

When you write a story you create it. When changes are made to it it's called 'editing.' You make changes to what already exists. When you make a clothing mesh you create it. When you make changes it is EDITED.

First of all, Curio has a Clothing Editor. You edit and add textures too meshes you make in Blender, Maya, whatever - or are already in the inventory made by someone else. With transparency, you can even make parts of the mesh not show, yet the mesh remains the same.

Secondly, the plan with that editor was/is to in addition to uploading your own textures, to also have users upload custom made clothing meshes. There already are nearly 100 user created meshes added to the inventory. So again your wrong.

However, the safeguards against theft are not fully in place. That is one reason why it isn't as simple as a click and upload to add a mesh into the system ANYONE may create.

As for a computer exploding from everyone using custom textures.... ROFL. I almost have tears of laughter over this ridiculous claim.

Its' already being done and has for over 3 years. I haven't heard of anyone's computer exploding. I know mine hasn't.

A clothing Editor can't be done eh??

JX068dB.png

7UYmhhj.png

ZMX5p7d.jpg?1

Xw2vhC8.png?1

A glimpse of some of the tools on the right to get REALLY Pro with that can be setup by Gizmo if he wanted.

(*note to anyone getting scared this is too complex for your tastes. You don't HAVE to use all those tools. you can just upload a texture if you want and you think it looks good.)

Vb8R7JB.png?1

Gizmo i'm sure can do this if he chose too.

I'm officially done discussing this Clothing Editor viability now. It has been exhaustively proven to be doable.

Pose editor not clothing editor guys start a new post if you want but keep to the subject. Pose editor. This has nothing to do with posing. Only clothing.

@admin

Can any non relevant replies to this post moves to its own subject?

Its only for pose editor.

Some people apparently have trouble either understanding or reading.

Hellloooo does this topic say "texture editor"??? Hmmm nope... can we stick to the topic please?! Vote yes or no to do you want a pose editor?

You're boring ... you always say the same things ... but do you think that by doing so they give you a promotion or a prize for the best writer of the same things?

You're boring ... you always say the same things ... but do you think that by doing so they give you a promotion or a prize for the best writer of the same things?

Im fine with you thinking im boring. You are intiteld to think what ever you want to think. But give out your vote to this topic please ;)

You really don't know what you are talking about do you? Stop giving people misinformation.

ZMX5p7d.jpg?1

so again full of crap, the screenshot already shows -> select a mesh.

the mesh is premade, is rigged and you did nothing. again just lies. kick this idiot please

Ok now this bothers me val... this is not what thx said... that he made it or not isnt the issue. Its the fact that its all possible. So yes it can be done and no you cant do it directly in 3dx.. you need to make it with a texture editor like photoshop or zbrush or what ever texture tools there are more.. to fit it you can use maya or daz3d or octane or what ever more 3d application there are... and then submit it to 3dxchat website (forgot the makers name) and then wait for approval and if approved you will find your texture in the game in one of the next updates when ever that maybe. Same goes for poses... if ppl work with the same poser app which is 3dmax i believe then people can submit their own poses and animations too. Implemitation to the game can take some time but if approved it will be done.