3DXChat Community

Pose Editor?

Gizmo

784 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it?

• Yes
    • No

I'm still not completely convinced but, just catching up on this thread I'm relieved to see that people are thinking around this one in a way we've not seen before. I think that's great - I still worry that some people will make some pretty dodgy animations but they won't gain any traction if people talk about stuff and think about what they're doing. I'm also still not sure if animations are the way to go but it seems the majority seem to like the idea so it's a case of making it work.

I'm not up enough on the techie stuff to offer anything on that, I just wanted to say that I'm glad people are putting their ideas in to the mix.

Perimede, the typical way to do animations is to do one static pose, then do another static pose, and let the tool create the animation frames between them.  The more poses you do, the better the animation.  But if you WANT a static pose without animation, it will almost definitely be possible to do one. Either you'd just do one pose and call it done, or if the tool required multiple poses, you'd just do the same pose multiple times.

I think you'll fined that small, subtle animations are still better than completely static poses, but I'm pretty sure that you'll be able to do static poses if you want.

Tlaera

I think you'll fined that small, subtle animations are still better than completely static poses, but I'm pretty sure that you'll be able to do static poses if you want.

Even making something so simple as more natural idle poses would make 3dx so much more immersive.  Kind of like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_hIHAhY2R0

A pose editor will revolutionize 3dx.

ello 

1) world editor : can u create a new prop that doesnt exist ? no ...we have premade props that we can combine etc n build something .

2) pose editor : most likely will have premade stuff that devs will have implemented like world editor n the only thing we do is combine etc n maybe create a new pose 

3) the thread is a poll Gizmo ask us 1st if we want a pose editor and we have got all this convo to far Gizmo didnt ask us "what problems u think will arrise with a sex pose editor .

the poll is very specific n yet ppl say whatever stuff.

its like someone ask ur name n u reply whatever comes to ur head except ur name lol

just vote yes or no n later we will see, if problems will arrise forum is here to report every problem .

ty in advance <3

I like to guess the direction they will go as much as the next person. The one aspect I dont think takes much guessing at is a simple question:

Why would a Dev offer the option of a Pose Editor unless they already had a plan.

I kind of suspect that they are talking about the pose editor because people use the pose objects in ways they were clearly not made for and it looks ugly. I think that's kind if the same reason we got the world editor everyone was making rooms and they were mostly ugly. I think the pose editor will be powerful enough to fix that and let people separate poses and recombine animations and also change then enough so they fix better together but I don't really think it will do much more then that. I don't think it will really let people make new poses.

I just hope there is a way to take a snapshot of the created pose made.

Can you imagine how confusing the naming of poses could get?

Anyone for the "Flying Half Pipe With A Twist," the "Lickolotapus For Three" or "The Dutch Oven"?

that name is already taken :P

So what your saying is, the hypothetical post foreplay position made called "Dutch Oven" where the avi's cuddled in some cute way could mean something else? We better be able to take pics of the made poses then!

"Hey babe, that was great. Come on over here and let's Dutch Oven" could be a mood breaker? ;p

So what your saying is, the hypothetical post foreplay position made called "Dutch Oven" where the avi's cuddled in some cute way could mean something else? We better be able to take pics of the made poses then!

"Hey babe, that was great. Come on over here and let's Dutch Oven" could be a mood breaker? ;p

post-10231-0-31031000-1524484657_thumb.gif

Unless she is into it. Could definitely be a mood breaker. 

Rape is wrong.  There isn't a grey area or an ethical controversy to be discussed.

Its bad enough that is exist IRL, lets not let it invade our wonderful 3dx world.

[...]

I do entirely agree.

Now dom/sub *consensual* practice is not. So having an option for an avatar to temporary delegate some of his controls to another one (and only one) upon request could be an acceptable kink. It needs all usual elements of the consent, ie :

- explicit : the user is the only one who accesses and names who she/he delegates to,

- revocable : easy to disable, and if disabled, the last option accepted by the delegate has to end immediately,

- free : well we may assume that you are not under other player's constraints when playing. However a setup at the game's level could force its disabling.

- acknowledged : well we know we're in a sex game, so this point makes little sense in 3DX (a LOT more in real life).

More than new poses, giving the possibility to delegate one's choices could be fun. Provided the above is met by the implementation.

"Rape is wrong.  There isn't a grey area or an ethical controversy to be discussed".

I do entirely agree.

Now dom/sub *consensual* practice is not. So having an option for an avatar to temporary delegate some of his controls to another one (and only one) upon request could be an acceptable kink. It needs all usual elements of the consent, ie :

- explicit : the user is the only one who accesses and names who she/he delegates to,

- revocable : easy to disable, and if disabled, the last option accepted by the delegate has to end immediately,

- free : well we may assume that you are not under other player's constraints when playing. However a setup at the game's level could force its disabling.

- acknowledged : well we know we're in a sex game, so this point makes little sense in 3DX (a LOT more in real life).

More than new poses, giving the possibility to delegate one's choices could be fun. Provided the above is met by the implementation.

We are in agreement, *Consensual* is the key word, I couldn't have said it better than Emma.

It's unlikely that pose editor will allow this kind of control, but it's a great idea! It will be the same as it is now, if someone offers a pose you don't like, you can either decline or stop once you see what the pose is.

I understand what most of everyone is saying, that we are overdue for a few new poses. If the pose editor is anything like world editor, we might have fun with it.

I would work on adding a transition between poses, so the swapping of poses wouldn't be so abrupt.

I was on the fence for awhile; because, the downsides of pose edit shouldn't be ignored.

Nevertheless, In the end, I voted yes.

If your still on the fence, perhaps my though will help.

I decided to count the poses of another "virtual 3D adult game", ( NO, I wont say which.......)

They have around 159 main poses,  and each pose has an average of 14 "action" poses within each pose ( ie... kiss, lick, suck, slap...etc...etc.). All animated, all the time, every time.

So.... just a rough estimate is around "2,226" pose possibilities.........

I'll admit, my math might be off, but even half that many is still 1,113 pose possibilities......

Or even half that, (1/4 of rough) is a whopping  556 ....... ishhhhhh.......

Lets keep going and say half of a half of a half (1/8 of rough) is as little as 278  possible pose combinations.

And below that, (which seems ridiculous) is 1/16 of a rough estimate, still gives us 139 poses.

3DX only offers around "63" poses.

So were left to describe, what we want to do to each other, rather than just acting on our intentions.

If we are descriptive about anything, it should only be how we make each other feel in the moment!

I'm voting No on this. 

While I am for more poses in general, I think letting players make said poses would be a monumentally bad idea.

The spread of user-created poses would put a strain on the server, If I partner with someone who has different poses then me, how would the server communicate that?

But above all, quality control.

If we look at the rooms out there now for instance as examples of user-created content, the quality varies wildly.

This would be the same for poses.

I am sure some people would use the Pose Creator to create truly messed up poses, either out of ignorance or just to mess with people.

And that doesn't even touch upon the people that would create poses catering to their particular fetish or kink.

Which might actually be rather upsetting to some - like for example the 'rape' room discussions that keep propping up.

Now picture that about people creating Rape Poses?

And I for one would rather not be subjected to that.

In closing

Yes to more poses.

No to user-created ones.

-Derai

I agree with all of this. A clothes editor is a better idea.  Pose editor is going to lead to many unforeseeable issues; especially if it can be hacked.

We arent suppose to talk about a or the hack. Normal procedures of the game apply.

Rape is wrong but due to the hack its ready there and nothing is beeing done about it.

Pose editor first please.

Clothing editor next step (clothing editor with possible own 3d edit in photoshop?)

But lets keep it hackless and on topic.

Pose editor vote yes or no.

I voted yes

I'm voting No on this. 

In closing

Yes to more poses.

No to user-created ones.

-Derai

That's not the choice that is offered. 

Does anyone here really think the devs are suddenly going to start cranking out new poses?  If you do ... can I please have some of what you're smoking?

There are two possible options here:

1)  A pose editor (and many user-created poses); or

2)  No pose editor and we continue forever with the poses we have now.

Those are our choices. 

People voting against a pose editor:  do you have any idea how long people have been BEGGING for FFF?  All that begging ... and it hasn't happened. 

A vote against a pose editor is a vote for the status quo.  The status quo of nothingNo new poses.