3DXChat Community

Pose Editor?

Gizmo

784 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it?

• Yes
    • No

1. How to ensure the quality of these user made poses? will the devs review them or we can we just create whatever we want?

No need to review anything, especially if poses are bind to rooms. Rooms are not reviewed and that’s why they are cool to visit (most of the time).

2. What if someone made some poses directly aimed to mess with other people?

Why would anyone do that? And if that’s the case, just ban/ignore the author of such poses or never come back in his/her room...

3. How to ensure that everyone gets access to them? I mean of course could just say the creator of the pose gets to decide who gets it and who doesnt, but i see that becoming an issue when eventually some people have very nice poses and the rest just have the stock ones provided by the game.

If poses are bind to rooms then everybody would have access to those by visiting the room. Would be nice as well to be able to “purchase” from the author (via xgold) the poses you liked by visiting the author room so ou could use them anywhere else later.

4. Related to the last point i made, we have already seen its easy to steal rooms if you really want to, this i imagine, will there be some security set in place to stop things like that then?

Security depends on devs... maybe they don’t want to increase security. Maybe they want but don’t know how.

Honestly in the end id rather have pose updates from you the devs, could start by making sure every pairing has every pose, and then release some new ones for everyone after that. And clothes, god damn ive been wearing the same things for years now, its time for new stuff, perhaps ask the community in a vote what kind of clothes they want, cause honestly that coat we got i doubt very many actually asked for.

That’s exactly what is happening with poses... no update to the game = no new content. Opening the game to the community is the best way to get more content in game and make it better avouer time.

No need to review anything, especially if poses are bind to rooms. Rooms are not reviewed and that’s why they are cool to visit (most of the time).

Why would anyone do that? And if that’s the case, just ban/ignore the author of such poses or never come back in his/her room...

If poses are bind to rooms then everybody would have access to those by visiting the room. Would be nice as well to be able to “purchase” from the author (via xgold) the poses you liked by visiting the author room so ou could use them anywhere else later.

Security depends on devs... maybe they don’t want to increase security. Maybe they want but don’t know how.

That’s exactly what is happening with poses... no update to the game = no new content. Opening the game to the community is the best way to get more content in game and make it better avouer time.

Thats your opinion, i have mine ;)

I have put some thought into this and what I feel the result would be if the devs were to create an in game pose editor would be.

My opinion is that without a huge amount of work the editor would be very basic, either requiring a lot of work for us to be able to supply decent animations, or the devs would need to do a huge amount of work to supply a tool that would allow us to more easily create them.

Even then I think it would still require quite a bit of time, similar to the software that is available now, for us to make these poses/animations.

My opinion is that the devs time would be better spent creating a decent system to allow us to submit poses/animations for custom content.

If they were to set up something that would provide the needed knowledge of software required and how to go about creating poses, then also something in the forum where they can be shown for approval by players and selected by the devs for addition to the game.

Then I think they would find enough people willing to create new poses to make a big difference to the game.

Players could then ask those players that are creating poses for poses they would like to see added.

We also have to consider that the more poses added to the game the more demand is put on our computers, especially ram.

If everybody is adding poses, in particular if they subject only to rooms, then the games performance will suffer and people with low end computers will find it even harder.

So for those reasons, even though I would love to see a pose editor in the game, I voted no.

Personally would preferred some external pose editor, where users could give it their best shot submit their work. Then developers could look through the sample work, pick out those passing some quality mark. Then approve those to create poses that be implemented in patches officially to everyone to use. That way there still be quality standard plus poses would be available to everyone not just the individuals who made them and might quite possibly decide to keep themselves and their own user rooms.

Think that be the overall best option in my opinion if it's official that the pose editor will be implemented.

I have a feeling that the pose editor isn't going to be a pose creator like some people think it will be. In other words it will be for editing the existing animations and moving them around a bit and recombining them in different ways and making them they fit better on objects we make. I think that is possibly fairly easy with what seems to be available after looking a bit at what Unity can do. I do think it would be better if they just let us import our own animations and stuff that would be more useful I think. Most of the issues that people have raised are addressed simply by having an animated preview for each pose and tying poses to rooms. I don't think it would be good to flood the game with animations created by users and that they should be tied to rooms. I also think that because the pose editor is likely more about editing poses and not creating them it may even increase the pressure on the devs to add new animations to fill missing poses and not decrease it.

it may even increase the pressure on the devs to add new animations to fill missing poses and not decrease it.

I dunno ... the devs have been highly resistant to the screaming of their customer base for new poses for a long long long long time.  Why would they change suddenly?

Maybe just make more Poses. People pay $20+ Bucks on this. Don't make them do all your work too. I used to pay but It isn't worth it for what we get right now.

You're right.  And at the end of the day, you'll still be right ... and we still won't have new poses.  Complain all you want--just don't hold your breath.  I think (and I hope) that Gizmo's post that starts this thread is a recognition that the devs need the players' help in creating new poses.  

The only way we're going to get new poses on a consistent basis ... is to allow the players to create them.  The only way we're going to get new clothes on a consistent basis ... is to allow the players to create them.  Our only real hope of getting anything worthwhile ... is to allow players to create it.  

On a more positive note:  Look at what a smashing success the World Editor is.  Keep up the momentum, devs!  You're on the right track!  Pose editor first, and then let's talk about a clothing editor.

You're right.  And at the end of the day, you'll still be right ... and we still won't have new poses.  Complain all you want--just don't hold your breath.  I think (and I hope) that Gizmo's post that starts this thread is a recognition that the devs need the players' help in creating new poses.  

The only way we're going to get new poses on a consistent basis ... is to allow the players to create them.  The only way we're going to get new clothes on a consistent basis ... is to allow the players to create them.  Our only real hope of getting anything worthwhile ... is to allow players to create it.  

I have to say I agree with this just saying suppose the poll had gone the other way do people really think we would get more poses? I am fairly sure that the skill set needed to make a pose editor and make more poses are totally different... It seems to me that the devs mostly add them in bust maybe they hire someone to make them now and again we likely will never know. The best thing is more editors and them letting the community add more content.

Well, as a programmer I use Reallusion iClone, I've been developing for 7 years and I'm still developing new things for other games. Thank God I never received complaints and I'm always doing things right, I take it as a job and spend many days editing and developing. If you want the users / clients to create their positions, I hope that "Gizmo" reviews each of them. If you want to create it, do it well and do not leave it as a disaster. 

That's it, I hope that people do things right and do not create problems in the game. Why the failure is not going to have the developers and owners of the game, is for you that you gave him if.

Although the "no" votes were well reasoned and thoughtful, it's clear that the pose editor is going to happen.  Since gizmo has said that they haven't started on it yet, though, maybe we have time to influence how it happens.  I suggest we move from talking about the problems that user generated poses will create to talking about how to solve those problems.

I'm not concerned about the editor itself.  I have every confidence that gizmo will make something that gets the job done.  The problems I want to solve are all "policy" ones.  How do user generated poses become available to users?  How are they organized?  Those kinds of things.

I believe that we need at least four policy features in the game to support user generated poses.

First, we need "release rings" for poses, and a mechanism to move from one ring to the next.  The rings I think make sense are "in the editor", "in your own world", "in a holding area" where other people can pull them into their worlds, and "in public spaces."  The idea being that you start working on a pose in the editor.  When you're comfortable with it, you "promote" it to your world, where you can invite people in to try it.  When that's good enough, it can be promoted to a holding list where people in other worlds can pull it in, try it, and push it back out if it's not good.  Finally, if it's good enough, it can be promoted to public ring where everyone can see it, even in the official rooms like the Sin Club.

Second, we need a mechanism for the community to "upvote" or "downvote" poses.  It should be in-game, and it should be very easy.  Two buttons next to the pose, + and - or heart and broken heart, whatever.  Then we'll need a policy where a pose needs a certain percentage of positive votes over negatives as well as a minimum number of total votes before it can be promoted from one ring to the next.  I don't know what the right percentages are, but they should increase as you move up through rings.  For instance, you only need one vote (your own) to move from the editor to the "your world" ring.  Maybe you need 3 out of 5 positive votes to promote it to the holding area.  And maybe you need 65 out of 100 positive votes to move it to public.  I have no idea if these are the correct numbers, but the mechanism seems right.

Third, we need a mechanism for a world owner to "opt out" of public poses.  If someone makes a set of highly popular BDSM poses, but you don't want BDSM happening in your club, you should be able to disable them for everyone who comes to your world.  And, note that this should apply to official poses as well, not just user generated ones.  If someone wants to say, "I hate anal sex, so I'm banning it from my club" he should be able to, even though that's an official pose.  Ideally, we'd be able to either "opt out" or "opt in."  Some people will just want to disable a few disliked poses while others will want to only allow a small subset.

Fourth, we need a mechanism for a player to ignore a pose without ignoring the player.  Back to the BDSM example.  Let's say that there's a popular set of BDSM poses that have made it to the public ring.  And say that there's a player who doesn't want to see them when she's dancing in Sin Club.  The people using them aren't doing anything wrong, and she doesn't want to ignore them, but she still doesn't want to see the pose happening.  So, she goes to the pose list and clicks an "ignore" button on the BDSM poses.  Then, whenever people near her use those poses, they see the BDSM but she sees an idle animation.  Also, if you've ignored a pose, then people having sex with you won't be able to suggest it.  And, again, this should work on official poses as well as user generated ones. 

Gizmo, I believe that if you implement these four features you'll avoid most of the problems that user generated poses will bring.

Tlaera

I will vote a conditional yes, if the new poses are bound to rooms, not public venues. Not that I am concerned about poorly done poses, but rather individuals creating poses that will be used to troll others. We have seen how a single pose, the male stroking pose, has been used to annoy others in game.I cant imagine what people will come up with that do not require a partner approval and can be executed close to another to harass and embarrass others minding their own business. I like it too visiting someones home and the dog runs up to you and starts humping your leg.

I will vote a conditional yes, if the new poses are bound to rooms, not public venues. Not that I am concerned about poorly done poses, but rather individuals creating poses that will be used to troll others. We have seen how a single pose, the male stroking pose, has been used to annoy others in game.I cant imagine what people will come up with that do not require a partner approval and can be executed close to another to harass and embarrass others minding their own business. I like it too visiting someones home and the dog runs up to you and starts humping your leg.

Iggy them. Problem solved. NEXT!!

So you'd be okay with being ignored based on using some pose on here then? Assuming that to block seeing people you have to throw in the complete ignore for that.

Of course.

I'm here for my enjoyment. As long as that doesn't come at the expense of another in some deliberately malicious way I don't think that should be a problem for anyone. If it is Iggy me.

This is my fantasy. Either someone fits into or they don't .

I think some people are thinking that they will just make a few clicks and crank out new poses and this makes me giggle.

I'm happy with the world editor but this is turning into a scenario where the paying customers are creating all the content.

Most of the new features we have now were originally developed by Rochie and Alex. It's kinda messed up.

And before someone brings up Second Life... that's free to play and creators make money from their creations so let's squash that one right here.

All the content though is tied to user rooms and as long as that's the case its not like anyone is really making anything for 3DX as a whole even if it can get hacked. That's part of the reason that its likely that poses created in the poses editor will be tired to rooms. I know a lot of people who want all the poses to be open to everyone without wanting to contribute or compensate the creators of said work but beyond the fact that it will be just to time consuming to review all the poses there are other reasons why that's a bad idea and this is just one more of those.

All the content though is tied to user rooms and as long as that's the case its not like anyone is really making anything for 3DX as a whole even if it can get hacked. That's part of the reason that its likely that poses created in the poses editor will be tired to rooms. I know a lot of people who want all the poses to be open to everyone without wanting to contribute or compensate the creators of said work but beyond the fact that it will be just to time consuming to review all the poses there are other reasons why that's a bad idea and this is just one more of those.

You can't really dismiss user content like that. I would think that anything that adds to the enjoyment of the users in 3DX is equally helping the company and game as well.

Or am I reading your comment wrong?

I must admit to a certain fascination with all this. The "how" of 'how it evolves.'

Personally, I hope the poses are NOT tied to just User rooms. I'd hope the content could go into a a large database and be added to the existing ones. You could get literally 1000's to choose from over time. Of course some will be better than others. Just don't use them.  Perhaps to weed out the lesser ones a voting system could hide ones not making the cut to a sub- menu and only the top ones are visible. I doubt the Dev's would put that much effort into it, but you never know.

On the other hand, it might be interesting if poses were tied to a room. The best rooms would certainly dominate over time and there would evolve specialty rooms:

Some may strictly work on romantic rooms with just foreplay (hugz, kisses, hand holding, etc) for music,

Some would become specialty  themed, Lesbian, Gay or maybe Futa.

Some may cater to group engagements - especially if the invite system was extend beyond say threesomes. 

Some may focus on BDSM - but I dunno how your get the pose to interact with a prop so that ropes and such line up. I don't see how 'toys' could be added either, as they are a prop that has to be added. That seems to me to be beyond the scope of this type of pose editor. I guess they could make poses with hands holding toys and such, but then the Devs are back to making scratch poses again - so why not just make them or hire someone too.

It could be interesting if poses could be shared like the world files are, perhaps.  So many pro's and cons too varying ways.  I'd think if content of any kind becomes tied to rooms, a kick/ban system becomes even more vital to administrate your 'world.'

Additionally, consider the World Editor. The world Editor isn't even fully finished. I just hope that doesn't become like many of the pose sets - a half done ADHD project and move on to something else. The concept for pool, walls, sitting  and beds is incredible, but some are limited to just a few poses. The sets are not even close to complete.  It seems they were abandoned in favor of the World Editor (which is my personal favorite) but does that become a half realized project also?  Will materials continue to be added, or will custom textures ever become a reality?  Clothing? So much is needed.

I honestly, can't see based on the short time I've been here, any other way than editors for building, poses and clothing for lot's of content weekly like micro-economies in RLC and Second Life produce DAILY can be achieved in any other way. The best creators will always gravitate to those for $$. 

But it is fascinating as all hell to wonder how this will be created - if they choose too.

1651f22013e39652fa99a9844aac6a374c6378ec

You can't really dismiss user content like that. I would think that anything that adds to the enjoyment of the users in 3DX is equally helping the company and game as well.

Or am I reading your comment wrong?

I think people who make their own content, and don't share it with the community are making it for themselves for their own reasons, and mostly for their own benefit one way or the other. 3DX and the community might benefit from that, but only as a side effect. I have had a few rooms and I also have see how other room owners benefit from opening rooms so I know that it does provide quite a few connections and exposure if you have a popular room. That might not matter to some people it doesn't really to me but it does for others.