3DXChat Community

Why did you chose your name?

Perimede

I wish my Chinese name was as pretty.   My Chinese name is Tue Man.  Sound like I'm asking for MMF :P

Hahaha, nah don’t say this I like it =p

Personally, I did not put much though in the process when i picked cristalz the first time, but in time i started to love the fact that it could represent something pretty and fragile.

As many of you know, the internet can be an unfriendly place to women.  In many places online, I outright pretend to be male.  About a decade ago, I was lurking in shark's lagoon and was heartened to see them treating the few female members with respect.  But, old habits die hard.  When I finally registered, I decided not to actually lie about my gender, but still chose to obfuscate it.  So, I left the "male or female" selection unchecked and chose a name that ended in "o" since most people assume that names which end in "o" are male.  Kind of spur of the moment, I put together "Tla" and "Aero" because ... reasons ... and started posting as "Tlaero."  It's kind of an obnoxious name that's hard to pronounce (In my head, it's "ta lair oh").  Sorry. 

Anyway, I left the avi pic blank and never referred to my gender one way or the other.  Most people assumed I was male.  Of course, by "never" I mean, "until I accidentally did."  To show a fledgling game developer how it could be done, I was, with his permission, re-writing his game.  And, in one of the builds I sent him, I referred to myself as "she."  He asked outright, and I didn't want to lie, so I "came out."  I would have preferred to be "Tlaera," but everyone there already knew me as "Tlaero," so I stuck with it.

Fast forward to here, where my avatar gives away my gender much more explicitly than the last letter of my name.  So ... Tlaera.  Still obnoxious, especially in game where the "elle" and the "eye" look the same. You're welcome to call me "T" if you'd like.  Or "Tla."  Or "Tia."  Or "That crazy person who never shuts up in Local chat."  As long as it starts with "T" I'll figure out that you're talking to me...

Tlaera

I wish my Chinese name was as pretty.   My Chinese name is Tue Man.  Sound like I'm asking for MMF :P

Hey Dinah!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I think "Tue Man" is pretty.  Though, you're right that in 3dxchat, it's likely to be misconstrued...

Tlaera

​I really like this question being asked about our names. I wonder the same about many names I see and I will even ask sometimes.

​I use my name from real life I use as the name I prefer. I know it will always get interesting in real life when I must produce my driver license ID with my true name and description on it.   ;) 

The urban dictionary definition of my name is part of the reason I chose it to use in real life (stating I am a "one of a kind girl" - OMG, I hope so - lol). Plus, my nickname of Steff or Steffi works well for me.

​I wish I had ended my name with TS here rather than CD, but, the CD was also to include my love for music and my work as a DJ (StarrFyre) here and as a DJ in real, too.

Thank you all for sharing the reasons for your names, too.

• 1 month later...

OMG I just checked through this after like ages and can't help wondering if Henkie sees himself as a bit of a knob .................. lmao

I love the responses, there must be a few more people out there who'd like to share theirs.

i took this name before he won the primary thought it people would have a sense of humor and not take it seriously.  Well they didnt have a sense of humor and way to sensitive.  Would have changed it at the time but well that stupid thing with it costing 10000 coins to do it didnt have it.  When i did get the coins finally i thought why should i change if dont take offense at anyone elses names and profiles i should get the same courtesy shouldnt I or does tolerance only go one way in this world.

Some people don’t get irony, Donald. Is your profile in line with the tea bagged bogey man or your own personality?

Its a play style i dont actually force myself on anyone thats what the decline button is for its a fantasy but i dont always follow my profile and if you decline i will not get all pissy actually i a rather polite about it and move on.

• 1 month later...

First name in 3DX chosen was a name I’d used for a while when signing up for most things. Xandi=My name rl is Sandi, sweet=How I am 98% of the time. Second name chosen was something I had to come up with quickly... CrazyDaisy came after an issue with my first account came about. Everyone who knows me knows I’m nuts, coocoo, and/or out of my mind. *smiles* and the Daisy portion reminded me of being from the country which I come from a small farm state in the US....oh and it rhymed. Lol. It’s kinda convenient to be able to say “I went from sweet to crazy.” :P

If you ever change your name again, you should let me pick, Daisy!!! Will be like..plate..or face..cause ya have nipples as big as my face!! They should be celebrated!!!! Lol...xoxo

*BOOBIE SQUISH HUGS* This info is no longer accurate! I lost weight and my boobs went from DDD to D >.<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...