3DXChat Community

DO YOU THINK U DJ? WHAT IS A DJ-STREAMER-PLAYLIST ETC

Aliviax

Hello everyone 

so i wanted to say a few things about djing so i think event page is the most appropriate to discuss this in good faith.

So you say you Dj? 

what is djing ? what is streamming ? what is playlist ?

i come accross ppl think they are djs or whatever but what is a dj actually ?

before i say more ill say first ok its a game we have fun etc 

BUT if you dont know what a dj is dont play the dj .

few words about djs

A djs has to know to beatmatch, has to know to count the music so he/she be able to mix, these 2 things are the core for someone to be able to dj, there are other stuff also a dj needs to know to dj but lets keep it simple .

setting a playlist n chill n player plays or stream music isnt djing , vlc, bs player, winamp  can play music in such way sooo do you dj in that way ? ofc not 

A dj in order to dj has to do a preperation before the set , decide the music, the tempo he /she go n how , the tracks , cue the music etc.

then the time comes to dj .

There are djs that mix live n djs that play recorded  nothing to say about this both know what needs to be done in order to play a set they have work their ways into achive the music played, they do the same job the only difference is live djs do it at that moment u hear them n the other have done this job offline both are ok.

So lets keep it simple play music, drag n drop songs in a player ,using Itunes auto dj whatever or any auto dj ....isnt djing dont get me wrong its ok to just stream music or whatever but keep seperate what is dj or stream or whatever.

This post aint for bashing but more for aducational reason so ppl know what is djing n whats not 

other than that 3dx is a game n we play for fun n we  listen to cool music wheter is a dj or someone just playlist but know who ur is important .

i could say many stuff what a dj do but wanted to keep it very simple 

ty all for reading etc 

Back in my days we didn't had a button to match the BPM. We had to spin the turntable and then slowly push our finger against it until we matched the BPM ;)

yup thats why i didnt mentioned more stuff but rather i kept it very simple 

beatmatch with ear is a must .

now we have software etc  also but still ppl that dj need to learn the values of beatmatching n count mousic 

and you forgot to say a LIVE DJ spins the tracks the transition the beat matching the cue´s at the moment when the ppl hear them. Not recorded. 90 % of the named dj´s in here didn´t spin live and in the room name and in the ads is standing Live Dj. Think about it. i know actually only four DJ who spin live in 3dx.

to keep it simple this thread is about know to dj n not about djs that works also its not about live or recorded .

personaly i live mix cause i like the action that offers me ,other likes to take their time n make a cool mix offline its ok with me but ppl say they dj but play playlists n say they dj or use every auto dj there is n claim they dj or use YT mixes n just press play  that is not djing.

as i mentioned earlier yes its a game  but if u wanna call ur selfs dj for i dont know why fame sex with girls whatever take the time to learn some stuff so you can back up ur saying or just say you stream , its ok to just stream nothing wrong with that not all ppl wanna spend time learn something they might not use.

thats what we talk about n i only mentioned beatmatch in general n count music 

beatmatch goes a lot further as Nikki mentioned some cant beatmatch even with that button on the software not to mention beat match by ear n till u match the beat but we wont stay on that stuff to be more simple.

When i came to this game i wasnt a dj i didnt knew what djs do im now a new dj in learning n so other ppl here and soon i got cought by the cool parties n the ppl that were djing i had so much fun n then i wanted to be able to make ppl have fun with my  personal music n taste so i took time n lessons to learn a few stuff n i can tell i had lots of fun learning those stuff and as time goes by, things are easier n u learn more n more stuff to do, but running arround saying u dj n dont know nothing or what is a live mix or other stuff that is not cool .

what ticked me make this thread was a talk i had about live mixing etc n the answer i got was i have 100 hours ready mix :( the talk was about live mixing so i was like wtf He/she is saying so i realised that some ppl dont have a clue so i made this thred in good faith 

According to the internet this is what a DJ is. noun

1. 1.
    a person who introduces and plays recorded popular music on the radio.
    "he was the only DJ to play our last release on the radio"
    •  

•  

verb

1. 1.
    play recorded music on the radio or at a club or party.
    "he DJ'ed for 5 hours nonstop"

Mixing is a form of DJing, so is clashing songs, and many other things. Fact is you put what you think DJing is, but that is not what a DJ really is. It is just a form, it is like saying a Honda is the only type of Automobile that exists. There are professional DJs here in the game that do feel upset that as you mentioned, many people who use mixes and playlists by others as a way to keep themselves relevant, call themselves DJs. The real professional DJs here tend to take their time learning and improving their skill, they love the music. Sometimes they even start teaching want to be DJs what to do and how to obtain methods to actually DJ. I could start naming people (Achiles, Xanar) but that would be name dropping...   :D (Desiree, Ash)

Thing is this is a game, people call themselves alphas, whores, kings, queens and futas, some even call themselves Rob (Highlander their asses). I have yet to see people demanding to see the castle of those claiming to be kings or queens, Betas or groups to those claiming to be Alphas, as for the whores (how does one prove they are whores come to think of it), futas have cocks that appear and disappear anything else i don't know, don't wanna know for ignorance is bliss.

What I suggest is introduce a song, give credit to the artists that would be nice, it helps the listener rehear the song when they want and have time to hear more of the artist. A DJ helps make the party atmosphere fun. Oh and I own cds that have low BMPs, setting the atmosphere getting the fun setting putting the right song combinations that have meaning is better than button pushing. But that is my opinion.  :ph34r:  

It's certainly a broad subject. There are many styles of DJing as we know.

I don't think it's good to call out people if they aren't as good as some of the "Pros" in 3DX. We all started off being bad and learned to hone skills and improved as time progressed

I play like a drive-time radio DJ in-game (Well I used to) because I always wanted to be a rock DJ if my musical career didn't pan out (which it obviously didn't) Who says your fantasies have to be about sex huh?  ;)  

I used to play songs, introduce them, shout out on voice for birthdays and requests. I played most styles of music. I could let autoplay do its thing or mix up EDM on 2 decks synching and cutting/cueing manually.

There could be a difference if people just play from a playlist but that by definition is DJing too.

I started out on 3DX with WinAmp and a cheap ShoutCast provider. I now have a pro-grade deck and software and if I play the drums anywhere at gigs IRL and they need someone to spin a few songs at an afterparty or a lock-in (that's selling alcohol in licensed venues after official opening hours) I take my decks with me and spin some rock. 

Some of you have heard me play here (my apologies for any disappointment lol) but I don't play that way IRL. So I adopt several styles too according to whats needed   

The key is learning your craft and honing your skills. We all start out with basics in any hobby and if you get good and want to pursue it then you learn how use decks, how to make drops, how sample and mix, even compose your own songs and play them. 

some may not have a clue but I say if they want to learn then offer guidance. 

Remember that we all started out somewhere and we all sucked tbh ;)  

i agree with you mikey dee i also started with winamp then mixxx  and this post is not for those that try learn  its for those that dont try n play the dj and use youtube mixes in shake of show off whatever they think.

its more an ejucational post rather to bash.

i dont bash anyone just state some obvious :) learn learn learn 

I dont know why this is so important for people, i have done a lot of gigs irl and listen to DJ after concerts just as mikey have done.

And i know there is a mayby 5 or 6 people in this game that claim to be the real shit and allways try look down on other people that are playing music in the game for friends or in a party.

But seriusly who cares as long the music is good and we have a great time.

And i have listen to a least 4 of this people that claim to be a real DJ, and belive me.. They are NOT !

Let me explain, a DJ play for the people on the party, and make sure people have a awsome time on the dancefloor..

Just play music and have fun, if some one play a song for me that i like i dont give a shit if its live/or from a program or if its badly mixed i headbang and dance because i like the song not the DJ.

So can we please ones for all just say it doesnt matter, we are DJ as long we play music and have a greate time.

Love u all ! DJ ’s or not

Alivia. I d suggest if it bothers you stop doing it. As long as music plays ain't Noone cares anyway.

Everyone can call their selves here what they like.

Most call theirselves Alphas and BBC but they ain't. Most call theirselves pimps and club owners but they ain't. Same applies for this topic.

Everyone is obviously tired about it. Just let it go. The "Aint care" attitude will never go away.

Everyone that is in that place for longer can confirm you that shit won't change. They weren't changing it and you won't be either. The only thing you achieve is that you annoy people as they can't take the constant reminders that they ain't care.

If I where you I d give a fuck about all of that. Believe me life in 3dx is much easier once you stop bothering with huge group event planning, party chains and ways to entertain people on the cost of you free time.

DJ's are just waiters.. and not cooks... as many tend to believe. Said in a plainer way.. they are not creative as such, only bringing forth what others have done. Having a good atmosphere in a public room depends a lot less on a DJ than on some people able to create a a good feel in local chat. In most cases a decent radio-stream without too many adds can work very well.

In my opinion the community of 3dX in general take DJ's and DJ'ing way too serious. :-)

Alivia. I d suggest if it bothers you stop doing it. As long as music plays ain't Noone cares anyway.

Everyone can call their selves here what they like.

Most call theirselves Alphas and BBC but they ain't. Most call theirselves pimps and club owners but they ain't. Same applies for this topic.

Everyone is obviously tired about it. Just let it go. The "Aint care" attitude will never go away.

Everyone that is in that place for longer can confirm you that shit won't change. They weren't changing it and you won't be either. The only thing you achieve is that you annoy people as they can't take the constant reminders that they ain't care.

If I where you I d give a fuck about all of that. Believe me life in 3dx is much easier once you stop bothering with huge group event planning, party chains and ways to entertain people on the cost of you free time.

u kinda right but i had to remind in a simple way what a dj is n what a dj do n that u have to learn n practice to do cool stuff when u dj thats all 

Yeah but noone cares and your topic as good as the intent might be just gets "Yet Another DJ Thread" stamp on it.

I wouldnt bother with it. Let folks play it the way they want. If they miss the "true" DJs they might say it one day, if not, no loss either. Just more free-time and money spend elsewhere for you.

See it positive.

wait wait wait...by same logic... does that mean that having sex in 3dx isn't really having sex???? that it's just some person role playing having sex in front of a pc???

Daaaaaamn... *mind blown*

totally need to make a post about that

so u imply rp djing hahahaahahahaahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahaha

gooddddd one hehe