3DXChat Community

New to the game - totally fictional persona or play your fantasy as you?

Freezer

Hello everybody.

I am new to this game and wanted to ask what you like to play as in the game.

Do you create a totally fictional person, make it all up, and just go wild with filling in the details of the alternative you without any resemblance or connection to reality?

or

Do you play as you (or close enough) and just act out a fantasy you, like do things that you would never do in real life?

Do you pick one and stick with it?  Do you do both?  Do you ever step out of character (or avatar)?

Feedback and ideas are much appreciated.

Thank you.

I just act like myself :) Of course that doesn't mean that I don't explore and don't do things the real me maybe wouldn't, because what else is this place for. Unless I do some sort of RP of course, in which case I might act like someone else depending on the RP. 

that a great question to ask ..... it comes down to you .. what do you want to do .. if you like to role play .. then come up with a persona . plenty of ppl who do ...

i just went with the fun and rather silly side of myself and have fun ... in the end its your time .. play the way you want and dont worry about what ppl think on here ..there isnt much they have not seen hehe 

I just act like myself :) Of course that doesn't mean that I don't explore and don't do things the real me maybe wouldn't, because what else is place for. Unless I do some sort of RP of course, in which case I might act like someone else depending on the RP. 

Thank you for the awesome feedback.

The RP is something different, I think, as we role-play in real life as well.

that a great question to ask ..... it comes down to you .. what do you want to do .. if you like to role play .. then come up with a persona . plenty of ppl who do ...

i just went with the fun and rather silly side of myself and have fun ... in the end its your time .. play the way you want and dont worry about what ppl think on here ..there isnt much they have not seen hehe 

Thank you for the reply Blackstar,

And thank you for your help in game during my first few days.

Guest Eddster

I'd say I do a little of both Freezer. I take myself and throw it into a fictional world creating a story as I go. I feel that roleplaying and creating a story in this imaginative world makes the game feel much more in depth. I personally could never play such a shell of a game without story and character development. (Still pushing hard for proper chat tools and expand-ability!) Growing up with games like Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter, Dungeon Siege and the likes I guess made an imprint you can say.

Very good points.

The fictional world is quite obvious and inevitable.  They way we play in it and interact with other players is what makes the difference between a boring game and a pleasant experience.

Thank you.

We're always rping real life - we're different people depending on who we're with, what we're doing, how we feel. No matter how you rp, in my view it's always going to be an aspect of yourself, a part of you, perhaps a part that laid hidden.

Most people rp at least to some extent in game, for example, I believe people amplify their emotions here, but they are also betraying an aspect of their personality as well.

I try to play as myself, but perhaps an improved version that I would like to be. Here I try to be kinder, wittier, wiser than I'm aware I am in reality, but would like to be.

I only play as myself, as this<<<<<<< can't be duplicated!....... haha;) But I've been around a little while and have seen many people play both ways, depending on mood, or perhaps living thru fantasy. Or someone they couldn't even fathom in their real lives.

Its entirely up to you. Just enjoy it really!! But if someone is being real with you? Imo you should atleast pay them a courtesy and let them know your playing a character.

I play a version of me

Braver, more outgoing (yes I'm really even quieter irl lol), stronger, sexier.

I guess those of us that play ourselves try to blunt out the flaws and shine a light on the virtues. Plenty of peeps who are a little more er...raw...and some who play a total fiction.

Go with what u feel comfortable with, u can always change :)

Guest AlexanderGold

Welcome Freezer!

You can be anyone you want to be here. It can be so much fun. Be careful though as there are many here who expect you to be who you are in real life and expect you to be truthful. Many people get hurt because of this. If you feel someone getting close to you better to come out early.

Hey Freezer - It has been a pleasure getting to know you the past couple of days. As you know already I play as myself. I do not know how to be anything else but me. The only time I may be different is when I get the urge to RP, then that can be a bit of fun.

Welcome to 3dx and I hope you enjoy our community.