3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates 2018

Gizmo

Many argument but let's not forget one very simple thing.

3dx is by far (for me) the most beautifull and realistic looking avatar.

The consequence of that  difference with huge world like SL ... is that for some people, you really "feel to be" the avatar much more than in uggly looking alternative (achat ....) and it really looks beautifull when you dance, walk run or .. have fun ...  :wub:

So on one side much less possibilities of the "game" than the other world but much esier to enter in your avatar and have pleasure/emotion to interact with your(s) partner.

I "think" that between this fact and the very small developpment team, it makes all update more difficult as the more function you implemente, the higher you create new bug than can degrade the base of this worl : its graphic quality.

So to have more function, it means to change of scale : from family size to big company developping size software

It is not the target of Gizmo today

If one day it changes :

- maybe we will have many more function (making this world more amazing)

- but maybe the "more cash revenue" will become more driving the game and I am not sure we will appreciate more this unique world.

We can give a lot of criticism to how 3dxchat evolves, but there is something I appreciate : I have never had the feeling to be just a customer treated like a lemon that you press until there is no more juice (money) to get.

We say in french "not to be a milky cow". Not sure it means something in english  :D

how about making more advanced head editor?

head shape: alien/egg/round/square/whatever else :D

ears: height/depth/space/angle/shape/size (from human through smurf to an elf)

forehead:  height/depth/shape/size/width

eyebrows: height/angle/width/space

eyes:height/depth/space/angle/shape/size/width

nose:height/depth/space/angle/shape/size/thickness/width

mouth: height/depth/shape/size/thickness/width

teeth: height/depth

jaw: height/depth/space/angle/shape/size/thickness/width

cheeks: height/depth/shape/size/thickness/width

chin: height/depth/angle/shape/size/thickness/width

neckheight//shape/size/thickness/width

cornea: human, big pupils, small pupils, cat, goat, whatever else :D

skin metalness  and sharpness ( sharpiness is about level of normal map strenght) could be cool option too!

it would expand creativity of the users to become original  :D

And if someone finds so hard to edit faces, let them choose the presets that we already have in the game so those presets will also be capable with those face settings.

Character_Creators_39.jpg

while i agree with updates being slow i dont agree with micro transactions and in all honesty i see it as not wanting to better the game but to get his or her greedy mitts on peoples cash .

Gizmo has said in the past everything in the game will always be free to everyone and in my opinion I think its the best way to go.

as far as sansar "growing"   they average around 50 users a day according to articles and its own forums , 3dx has more than that in a room at any given time. I am having a hard time believing they have millions of users. 

I will drop this game like a hot potato if they go to micro-transactions. I have been patient in waiting for updates (sex positions), world editor is great IF you know what you are doing (I do not). The clothing isn't bad and definitely not something I would pay extra for.

The gold system in place works. I agree microtransactions MAY start out to help the game develop (IF they need money but don't want to raise subscription prices) BUT that should only be for short term as they develop (like investing in the game) and the transactions should be of decent value for the price. Like the beer bottles or gifts (we do need more gifts).

Sansar looks cool, not sure it is something I would get into as much as this game. Second Life, the few times I was there travel was difficult and it was empty, needless to say, I did not stay long because being there alone lost any attraction it held, especially when it is so hard to move around and the graphics are horrendously outdated. IMVU a money grab.

micro transactions is a thing no one wants to waste money for.

so that's the idea: be creative and do the stuff for yourself only.

create outfits, prints, meshes, poses, props, and keep them for yourself only.

but if you want to share a thing, here are forums you can upload .world or .dat files in.

Just to be clear on textures, despite what some try to sell you 'that Google isn't your friend, this is absolutely rediculous.

There are is an incredible amount if free content out there. There is also options like joining groups or paying a tiny fee for some.

Someone stated 'fashion is more than textures.' Yes, I certainly agree new meshes, for all sorts of clothes would be fantastic. However, in the end the texture on something is what makes the clothing pop.

Between just the current single textures on women's boots, the men's t shirt shorts, women's skirt - to name just a few could range into the hundreds of thousands of different looks alone. Everything from leapord prints to sheer.

Just imagine how quickly the clothing issues would go away. And yes, adding more meshes would lead to even more.

Imagine how much nicer the world editor would be with custom textures also.

Possibilities the big old worlds already have.

Just to be clear on textures, despite what some try to sell you 'that Google isn't your friend, this is absolutely rediculous.

There are is an incredible amount if free content out there. There is also options like joining groups or paying a tiny fee for some.

Someone stated 'fashion is more than textures.' Yes, I certainly agree new meshes, for all sorts of clothes would be fantastic. However, in the end the texture on something is what makes the clothing pop.

Between just the current single textures on women's boots, the men's t shirt shorts, women's skirt - to name just a few could range into the hundreds of thousands of different looks alone. Everything from leapord prints to sheer.

Just imagine how quickly the clothing issues would go away. And yes, adding more meshes would lead to even more.

Imagine how much nicer the world editor would be with custom textures also.

Wilps this is obvious, anyting added would be great even just extra textures for tings but convince Gizjo not us LOL hes da man with tha plan holmeZ :P

I don't think that textures are simple to handle for developers. They are probably handled on a client side so moving them to server side would mean reworking an huge part of it and would have consequences over server load etc.

Though it would be very nice.

Just to be clear on textures, despite what some try to sell you 'that Google isn't your friend, this is absolutely rediculous.  How so?  You can't just Google something and think you can use it, doesn't work like that.  As you have pointed out about Copyright Laws, um hello that's what I'm talking about.  You can pay a small with a company that actually gets permission from the creator and sells them for a fee and makes sure the creator gets paid.  I've worked with a couple of companies that offer that.  So no it's not ridiculous at all.  it's called being legal and doing it the legal way especially for commercial use in a game.  I've offered to give them some of mine, even signing a paper to verify I gave my okay to use them in the game.  Why because I'd like to see more offered for what we have and even add more to the game.

There are is an incredible amount if free content out there. There is also options like joining groups or paying a tiny fee for some.  It's free for personal use not commercial use.  It's a big difference as they make money from this game.  Personal use does not.

Someone stated 'fashion is more than textures.' Yes, I certainly agree new meshes, for all sorts of clothes would be fantastic. However, in the end the texture on something is what makes the clothing pop.  Stated above about this.

Between just the current single textures on women's boots, the men's t shirt shorts, women's skirt - to name just a few could range into the hundreds of thousands of different looks alone. Everything from leapord prints to sheer.  I have a load of my own created textures, I'd gladly give them to use.

Imagine how much nicer the world editor would be with custom textures also.  I have a load of textures for this as well.  There would be a vast amount to use and would be good to have a nice variety.

Just to be clear on textures, despite what some try to sell you 'that Google isn't your friend, this is absolutely rediculous. How so? You can't just Google something and think you can use it, doesn't work like that. As you have pointed out about Copyright Laws, um hello that's what I'm talking about. You can pay a small with a company that actually gets permission from the creator and sells them for a fee and makes sure the creator gets paid. I've worked with a couple of companies that offer that. So no it's not ridiculous at all. it's called being legal and doing it the legal way especially for commercial use in a game. I've offered to give them some of mine, even signing a paper to verify I gave my okay to use them in the game. Why because I'd like to see more offered for what we have and even add more to the game.

There are is an incredible amount if free content out there. There is also options like joining groups or paying a tiny fee for some. It's free for personal use not commercial use. It's a big difference as they make money from this game. Personal use does not.

Someone stated 'fashion is more than textures.' Yes, I certainly agree new meshes, for all sorts of clothes would be fantastic. However, in the end the texture on something is what makes the clothing pop. Stated above about this.

Between just the current single textures on women's boots, the men's t shirt shorts, women's skirt - to name just a few could range into the hundreds of thousands of different looks alone. Everything from leapord prints to sheer. I have a load of my own created textures, I'd gladly give them to use.

Imagine how much nicer the world editor would be with custom textures also. I have a load of textures for this as well. There would be a vast amount to use and would be good to have a nice variety.

This is a clear example of circular logic. You end by supporting my argement. Yes, creating custom textures is another option. Anyone can do it. And the fact you stated you have many others could use only increases that amount. Additionally, in this era of cameras on cell phones it's even easier.

And yes, there is large amounts of textures that can be used off Google. Lol I belong to several groups.

There is no risk to Devs either. Should someone use a McDonalds logo. McDonalds would have to know and care enough to bother with a take down. Which would take the Dev about 3 mins. Effort to deal with.

Your arguement is invalid.

I don't think that textures are simple to handle for developers. They are probably handled on a client side so moving them to server side would mean reworking an huge part of it and would have consequences over server load etc.

Though it would be very nice.

Yes, they would need to create the infrastructure to do it and a catalog. No overnight task for sure.

There is no use for this because the game has not been designed for this as it has not been designed for micro-economy. This is the main reason, I have chosen this game and not an other one. If I have been looking for this, I would have kept playing RLC or have given a try to Second Life... I was not interested. 3DX Chat is not perfect, but it is one of the best sex game. The community is big enough to meet so many different peoples, to live out fantasies. So why would it change?

We don't need a substitute to RLC or Second Life, we need a game with its own identity, yes 3DX has a strong identity. No reason to change. Could it be better? Of course... But user content is surely the worst way to make the game better. The editor is good, you can create whatever you want.  I gonna shock but I oppose the so-called creativity to imagination. Imagination is all.( I miss the rooms made with tables: peoples were more creative and have more imagination)

Server stability, fixing the bugs are the more important.

Why you even talk about Micro Economy?

This was NOT the main goal of 3DxChat! and will NOT be that in near future.

You guys can Calm down about this! Micro Economy Topic is OVER!

But I am standing for Extended Customize options I mentioned above as Face Editor. It will make avatar unique!

Custom Clothing meshes will make avatar unique!

Custom Textures is a good idea to NOT OVER LOAD the scene with meshes. And will make scene unique!

Custom Poses will bring some new content to the game and will expand the creativity of community...

For all that we don't have to use micro economy because in the actual game you may keep everything for yourself.

And use FORUMS to share content!

No Micro economy at all! Don't you see?

the way i imagine how you see custom poses invites....

Just as same as the regular ones

MijvRS.jpg

the way i imagine how you select custom poses...

fa1dto.jpg

the way i imagine custom textures for outfits and even SKIN! as tattoos or the actual flesh. (only for OWN avatar)

nJXVs3.jpg

the way i imagine custom materials for world editor

OFn7PJ.jpg

concept is very simple, no micro transactions, no any complicated infrastructure...

just a library of everything you created. 

Why even talk about a Micro economy? Hmm.... Well, simple. Economcally the Devs can benefit. They can make a percentage off the creators sale.

Well, let's look at the test server. It is light years ahead of some of the older worlds, The graphics far better, load times near instant, full featured trial  is free and is DEAD. Why? Tell me? Anyone know? I have a theory if I may.....

I have sent many over her to try it. After all, who can beat "free" - right? I mean FREE and full featured, no credit card, no bullshit. Great graphics, it obviously being improved. The Dev's actually post about upcoming developments....... the test server should be FUCKING PACKED!!!!  500 or more.

So.... why is the same game ...free, full featured, superior to others so dead? CONTENT.  It's freaking content, or there are too many assholes for the newbie - or both.

I have sent many over from other older worlds. Their complaints all revolve around "is that all the clothes there are?"   "Graphics are great, but everyone looks the same."   :"is that all the props their are?"' Why do so many fight in that tab everyone can talk in?' 'if I am getting stalked, who do I contact?'

On the plus side many are blown away at the size of the property everyone gets (the builders). The graphics - of course, load times they love, Avi's many say are good - even though limited. They like the sex, but find it abrupt in transitions, YET - 90% + end up going back to their old worlds and losing interest? WHY?

As a realist, I recognize it is what it is. For me it's ok in many ways - just not a complete package.

Don't want a Micro economy - fine. Then don't whine about development times as they have so much to deal with already no one sees. All this updating could be going on, while hundreds of designers are making clothing based on the UV maps available. Want me UV maps? great, but one step at a time FFS. Or take Keksy for example. She is/was a designer in Curio/oasis. I can tell by her use of upload tabs. That would work great for free fro sure. Hey, Dev's wanna do it for free, I'm not going to argue against that at all.. Great. Seriously, but you do realize how long it took Utherverse to create the back end to do all that??  Couldn't be cheap. I'd hope 3DX Devs. could come up with another way - or do it quicker. As The Oasis Avi's are looking better than here - but the platform lacks content worse than here.

Or... Add content in some other way. Clothing being easier in a way (after they do the insanely hard back end stuff of making textures with UV maps up-loadable and some way to share them. There would be way to many clothes to use the current forum system.  (don't listen to those who claim you can't get textures, it bullshit - so many ways.) Everyone novice and expert alike can make clothing. From super crappy - to super great. You simple don't use the crappy.  With experience, like World Editor, skills improve. You make crap, you get better and it is no longer crap or no one wears your crap. Pretty simple.

Don't underestimate the importance of people wanting to look original and unique - or you have a dead test server that shouldn't be..

Why even talk about a Micro economy? Hmm.... Well, simple. Economcally the Devs can benefit. They can make a percentage off the creators sale.

Look, people don't want to spend more money. They don't need micro economy

People don't want to look similar. They need more customization tools for avatars

People wants to create things by themselves. They need to be able to upload things.

So, the concept I drew above would match all that.

If the forum is not good for sharing the content, then how about the "gift" system we have, and add "custom content sharing" to it?

So we can exchange custom made poses to be able to use it by ourselves. and keeping it in "My Library" folder under 'Select Pose" option.

I'm not speeding them up just yet but i have to be sure that they are moving in the direction of the concept i made cuz i'm sure many likes it. this will make the patience be much stronger, instead of waiting for pig in a poke.

You do realize as soon as a stick figure is created it is under copyright? Right?

As for the rest... Well. It is what it is. :)

Blehm V. Jacobs, under 10th circuit court of appeals states that a stick figure is not copyrightable.

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/ca10/11-1479/11-1479-2012-12-27.html

http://clancco.com/wp/2013/01/drawing-infringement-copyright/

There is a lot of things that is and isn't able to be copyrighted. Things such as short phrases, ideas, expressions. Things that are public knowledge also can't be copyrighted.

Fair use clause has very specific guidelines for what can, and can't be used. The areas for where "Fair Use" applies is as follows: commentary, parody, news reporting, research and education. Anything outside this generally doesn't apply for fair use. There is also "derivative works", which is explained here: https://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ14.pdf.

To be protected by copyright, a work needs to be original, have a modicum of creativity, and be 'fixed' in a tangible way. 

while i agree with updates being slow i dont agree with micro transactions and in all honesty i see it as not wanting to better the game but to get his or her greedy mitts on peoples cash .

Gizmo has said in the past everything in the game will always be free to everyone and in my opinion I think its the best way to go.

as far as sansar "growing"   they average around 50 users a day according to articles and its own forums , 3dx has more than that in a room at any given time. I am having a hard time believing they have millions of users. 

Don't know about 'millions of users' on other games but while I'm having a room here that is open for public, I check the number of people in game from time to time... never got over 400 players, shared user rooms and public locations additioned...

I'm here since a couple of years now, coming from rlc. One of the main points of attraction for me as a woman was the shop in rlc that literally had thousands of designer clothes, accessories, make-up, tattoos, avatar designs, you name it...

I don't see how a micro economy could harm this game, on the contrary. One of the main problems is that there's nothing we can do with all the XGold we receive. If it could be used for an internal economy or even being donated to other players, that would be just great.

It could only accelerate development and design, instead of having 3 new T-shirts once a year we could have 3 new outfits every week, bad designs being filterd by the users anyway. That's the basis of free economy :)

So I agree that this is a great game, but development being so slow it's just a matter of time before another game enters the arena, being more prepared to evolve and take the client base that's here for the moment...

But as long there's not anything better...

well one way is those folks who dont have the money to buy things from shops. some people here that I know of barely get the 20 a month to play the game, much less able to buy things from a shop. not everyone has that ability and why should they be punished for it. Also they could say they were told everything in the game would always be free as far as clothes, poses and such go. 

I for one am glad there isnt a micro economy and if it was so great, I will repeat what I said before.... why exactly are all the games that have it dying or dead if its so wonderful??   I have said it before and I will say it again, most who want it want it to take peoples cash and arent worried about the devs in any way,  shape or form. 

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you Rob...

I didn't say a micro economy must interphere with the real world, I'm just saying there isn't any harm done with shops that trade stuff in exchange for Xgold. So that doesn't change the 20$ subscription at all, it only helps the game because everyone that's playing this game receives the 300 Xgold if they log on every day...

I don't really care if there is a micro economy or not. Whatever it takes to see more poses and more clothes and more hair and make my avi hotter. lol I know I know I am not pestering really. I have always said that when I signed up the game had what it had and anything added to it is a bonus. Buuut it's true I am getting very bored here. 

Don't know about 'millions of users' on other games but while I'm having a room here that is open for public, I check the number of people in game from time to time... never got over 400 players, shared user rooms and public locations additioned...

3dxchat has around 800 players every evening-night. 

im not sure why people think if they arent a in a public room, they arent playing. I know plenty that rarely ever go to public rooms and only go to friends only rooms so they avoid colds, etc. 

I agree with you. I just remember how many people was in that queue after mass crashes etc. it was more then 800. 

Blehm V. Jacobs, under 10th circuit court of appeals states that a stick figure is not copyrightable.

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/ca10/11-1479/11-1479-2012-12-27.html

http://clancco.com/wp/2013/01/drawing-infringement-copyright/

There is a lot of things that is and isn't able to be copyrighted. Things such as short phrases, ideas, expressions. Things that are public knowledge also can't be copyrighted.

Fair use clause has very specific guidelines for what can, and can't be used. The areas for where "Fair Use" applies is as follows: commentary, parody, news reporting, research and education. Anything outside this generally doesn't apply for fair use. There is also "derivative works", which is explained here: https://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ14.pdf.

To be protected by copyright, a work needs to be original, have a modicum of creativity, and be 'fixed' in a tangible way. 

I should have been more specific, but yes stick figures can be, provided they have some unique details.  XKCD is just one such example.

I draw a stick figure identifiable as my char actor -  it certainly can be under copyright. Details and minute differences make the difference.

(Not going to make a new post.)

As for the number of users debate. I don't think I've ever seen more than maybe 300 on at once.  The test server imo speaks volumes. Great  - but free and dead.  Not attracting a large new following for sure unfortunately; and when you take into account those who have tried it but return to older worlds you have to ask yourself hard questions like, why?