3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates 2018

Gizmo

I could give a chit less about account wide bans and the like, if you come after me I will iggy you, if you want to spend good money to come after me again and create avis or new accounts,I will iggy you again and my bank account will not reflect a single dime of loss. I have been here way too long, trolls come and go, you do what you can do to protect yourself. No matter what the Devs do, they will still exist, however, they all move on to other venues to feed their miserable lives once they figure out that you don't allow yourself to be affected by them. You and you alone give them the power to be effective.

We can talk all day long about code and this and that (actually pretty impressed by the knowledge base here btw kudos') but Gizmo has set his course and its goin to be what its goin to be.

This all said, lets just wait and see what comes up with the new update, experience it, enjoy what is given and move on. if the problems introduced by these changes cause more headaches for the Dev team they will adjust. I would rather the bandwidth of the devs be spent on tangible assets for us rather than combating drama.

When the dust settles, 3dx with all its warts is the best out there as far as graphics and community hands down.

I could give a chit less about account wide bans and the like, if you come after me I will iggy you, if you want to spend good money to come after me again and create avis or new accounts,I will iggy you again and my bank account will not reflect a single dime of loss. I have been here way too long, trolls come and go, you do what you can do to protect yourself. No matter what the Devs do, they will still exist, however, they all move on to other venues to feed their miserable lives once they figure out that you don't allow yourself to be affected by them. You and you alone give them the power to be effective.

We can talk all day long about code and this and that (actually pretty impressed by the knowledge base here btw kudos') but Gizmo has set his course and its goin to be what its goin to be.

This all said, lets just wait and see what comes up with the new update, experience it, enjoy what is given and move on. if the problems introduced by these changes cause more headaches for the Dev team they will adjust. I would rather the bandwidth of the devs be spent on tangible assets for us rather than combating drama.

When the dust settles, 3dx with all its warts is the best out there as far as graphics and community hands down.

qurja.jpg

What this all boils down to is a split in the 3DXChat player base that has always been there.

The ones that want to have it so they can have alts and no one know who it is, and the ones that do not want that.

The ones that do think they should be able to saying it is just a game with lots excusing what people do with alts that way.

Even though much of what they do if found out will upset others.

They think that it is worth all the negatives it creates to be able to do so.

Some have even come in these forums complaining that one of their avis should not have been put on iggy because they were good to the person with that one, and that only the one they were bad with should be.

These people seem to think it just being a game means they should be allowed to create alts and upset others and as long as they don't with another avi, it should still keep respect.

What they don't know won't hurt them seems to also be a common way of thinking about it.

These people seem to think it is just a sex game and the social side of it is not very important.

The ones that do not feel people should be able to just do what ever they want with alts believe it creates more problems than it is worth.

Trust in others really suffers, and it has been shown in these forums that everyone agrees trust is bad in the game.

These people do not believe we should have to constantly be on guard about others who want to manipulate us, deceive us and all the other things that have been brought up that are done using alts.

They are sick of all the negatives it creates in the game and how it effects the social side of the game.

This argument has been going on for years.

Losing the full iggy feature is such an important issue to all of us.

It means that the ones who want it so they create alts and have it so no one will know get a big boost from it.

The ones who do not want that feel like they are being slapped in the face with their wants being looked at as not important.

It is very much a fight for the direction of the game and always has been.

It can be argued all you want that the full iggy may not be able to be kept because it can't be done and keep Pandora from reading which account alts belong to.

Now matter how the game is set up, of cause it can be done, the only difference that can be depending on how things have been set up is how much work would be involved.

You can say lets wait and see what happens.

But once a direction has been set, it is then hard to change.

If you think that people will not leave this game because of this, you better think again as lots will.

I have heard lots say, that if they bring this in with nothing to replace it, where people will be able to just do what ever they want with alts.

That it will be the final straw for them.

At the end.. It gets them more money anyways.. and encourage people to actually spend money on xgold to make alts.. Lmao.. So seems like profit matters more than what people actually want the ignore system to be. I for one never really cared about the whole Pandora bullshit as I never really had the mood or the thought to mess around making alts.

Maybe you don't need to live your nolifer life and give sensual info in a computer game then the whole ignore system development would not needed that much development time and development time could be used to something more useful stuff. It's funny that the top thing discussed in this game is the ignore system drama all the time.

I miss the old times when 3 avis were a free stuff, but thanks to nolifer dramaqueens it's not possible now.

I don't really understand how wanting to avoid harassment could be seen as an act of being a drama queen. In fact, having a proper ignore creates much less drama. Wouldn't the drama queen be the one who welcomes a weak ignore system so they can continue to harass people that have ignored them?

I liked your comment Wizard because it makes a lot of sense when you really boil things down to the real issue here. People gave out sensitive material when they know they shouldn't have, and now, they're all up in arms about it.

Watch how they react after they read this, and there you will have, in a glaring spotlight, your 3DXChat drama queens. Watch how they quote this and try to reason, beyond a reason of a doubt, why account wide ignore should be left in, and Pandora be left in as well. It's almost as if the people who are being extremely vocal about Pandora not being gone, have something to do with how it was created.

The more select individuals defend Pandora, the more I start to suspect these individuals either having created it or have been involved in its creation somehow, or these people having a large claim staked to the program as far as money is concerned. Why else would you champion that cause unless you had something to do with it?

And really, three avatars is possible again without people spying on you with Paranoi-ra anymore. It's sucks avatars can't be free anymore, but I guess you have to give a little bit away in order to have some form of stability when it comes to two or three people abusing the avatar change system.

I'm glad Pandora is gone. Those who aren't, are suspect.

Kinda the same as how championing for a weaker ignore system would also benefit those pushing for that. That kind of logic goes both ways. 

I don't really see anyone defending Pandora. I just said I don't mind either way. But I also stated many times that it's logical for them to do something about it.

And you think it was only 2 or 3 people abusing multiple avis?  :D 

The abuse was rampant.

I would rather the bandwidth of the devs be spent on tangible assets for us rather than combating drama.

I think we all agree with this.

Can you think of a  better way to remove drama than a full account ignore of a person who is harassing you with one of their avis?

fwiw - it seems to me that most people who have posted are concerned that the change to the ignore feature will bring about an increase in trolling and bullying. I can see how that can happen. On the other hand the account wide ignore doesn't protect the user from the efforts of a troll with multiple accounts or even a group of trolls, even though it does make trolling more difficult. The report system helps in this case. If the moderators have access to the account details then an account wide ban can be imposed. I think trolls with multiple accounts will reveal themselves over time so further bans can be implemented. This is reliant on people making reports, which is a bit of an intrusion into game play, and the moderators doing their job, which is something a few people have expressed concern about. I am in two minds about this. One the one hand I think it is important to protect users as far as is practical from bullying and trolling. Like who wants to pay for something if they're going to get bullied, or even witness bullying. On the other I think the moderators should be aware that bullying and trolling do take place, they're the first people to see any reports so can inform the developers if the problem has worsenned or not. If bullying becomes rampant then changes will have to be made otherwise it will adversely affect renevue.

Personally, and possbly because I don't really understand the tech aspect of this, I think this discussion should be looking more at what the result should be and why, rather than how it can be done. I think that can be sumarised in two sentences, and I do have to say that these are my impressions from skimming through the discussion.

Firstly, that most people feel that some effective means of preventing trolling and bullying is, in general, required.

Secondly, that most people to not want the advantages of the current arangement lost.

So on the one hand I think let's see how it goes and hope the moderators can act effectively when required, on the other I think it important that the developers take in to account the strength of feeling here and implement an account wide ignore feature.

Can you think of a  better way to remove drama than a full account ignore of a person who is harassing you with one of their avis?

I agree with this too but not really with you.

Devs spend some time to redo the back end part to deal with Pandora, there was a topic about suggesting it was an urgent matter for most people.

Now they should spend some time to integrate the previous iggy system on the new system, it will probably take some times too.

After that, well, people complain about room stealing, so dev could work on that, again it will takes some time.

You can add the ban from room system, here it is again...

After that here is the dll issues, then that and that and that.........

This can go like that for months, even years, to try to deal with trolls and humans problem, but the thing is : troublemaker will ALWAYS find a way to annoy you.

While dev will do their best to block this, we won't see any new content, or a less lot than what we could have expected.

Yes, trolls are boring, yes sometimes troublemakers will ruin your fun, i had a few too, and for example i would like to have this ban features for room, really.

Now if i had to choose between dealing with some shitty people once a week and having more gameplay, or being able to keep playing the same game with no one bothering me, but with nothing more as time goes by, i would definitely choose the first one. It's not like there is bug that let people steal your account or something like that.

It's a game, the priority should go to gameplay.

fwiw - it seems to me that most people who have posted are concerned that the change to the ignore feature will bring about an increase in trolling and bullying. I can see how that can happen. On the other hand the account wide ignore doesn't protect the user from the efforts of a troll with multiple accounts or even a group of trolls, even though it does make trolling more difficult. The report system helps in this case. If the moderators have access to the account details then an account wide ban can be imposed. I think trolls with multiple accounts will reveal themselves over time so further bans can be implemented. This is reliant on people making reports, which is a bit of an intrusion into game play, and the moderators doing their job, which is something a few people have expressed concern about. I am in two minds about this. One the one hand I think it is important to protect users as far as is practical from bullying and trolling. Like who wants to pay for something if they're going to get bullied, or even witness bullying. On the other I think the moderators should be aware that bullying and trolling do take place, they're the first people to see any reports so can inform the developers if the problem has worsenned or not. If bullying becomes rampant then changes will have to be made otherwise it will adversely affect renevue.

Personally, and possbly because I don't really understand the tech aspect of this, I think this discussion should be looking more at what the result should be and why, rather than how it can be done. I think that can be sumarised in two sentences, and I do have to say that these are my impressions from skimming through the discussion.

Firstly, that most people feel that some effective means of preventing trolling and bullying is, in general, required.

Secondly, that most people to not want the advantages of the current arangement lost.

So on the one hand I think let's see how it goes and hope the moderators can act effectively when required, on the other I think it important that the developers take in to account the strength of feeling here and implement an account wide ignore feature.

*hugs*

Why is it when ever I look back in this thread I see where people are thinking this is all about keeping us safe from trolls and harassers.

That is only a small part of it and I think we all really know that.

I know that in other threads there has been things shown that are entirely innocent where people want to create alts and not have people know who that alt belongs to.

However in almost all those that were shown, it would not matter at all if there was some way of identifying that the alt was actually an alt but not show who it belonged to.

But that still was not good enough for the people that were arguing against anything that could do that.

It showed that the more important thing for those people was to have it so we had no way of being sure it was an alt.

I think we all know why that is.

Mostly it is so people can create an alt with a sex opposite to their real life and have it so no one knows.

Others want it so they can create alts to play multiple games, some do I think do that innocently but lots do not.

The ones who do think it ok to create alts and interact with people they are friends with on other avis without letting them know, they think it ok to do that, even though they know that if people found out lots would be upset.

Some of them even put the blame on the people who they upset saying it is only a game and shouldn't be taken so seriously.

It is what many of them do with these other identities in the game that people get upset about, they use them to manipulate, cheat and stalk.

But these people do not see anything wrong with that, the manipulation to them is just part of the game and shouldn't be taken seriously.

One thing that has been reducing the amount of people prepared to do these things has been the full iggy system.

People know it can often be used to find out who owns alts and do not want to take the chance on being found out.

If you don't think that when the full iggy is taken away that there will be a lot more people making alts of the opposite sex and alts to use to get people to do what they want them to, then I think you are being very naive.

People keep saying trolls, and stalkers as why the full ignore system is necessary. I can see stalkers but trolls... Trolls don't try to hide they are trolls if it takes three clicks or one the difference isn't really huge. As for stalkers it happens, but its not that common. Also what some people call stalkers are really just people pming them more then they would like. Both could be avoid by making an alt that can't be found out. I don't think either of those are the real reason people want to keep the full ignore. I think Twiggy has the real reason it lets you find out who people's alts are. If the full ignore worked as it was suppose to, and just ignored an account without letting you find out the alts then a lot less people would be upset about not having it. Yes It is more useful to have account ignore and yes it could be kept with the bunch of changes possibly, but it would always let people find out if an alt belonged to someone. That makes it conceptually flawed, since it is an unintended side effect. I think that if people want a system inside the game to reveal alts then they should just say, and ask for that and not be so focused on the ignore system. There are a bunch of things I think could work better then the account ignore if someone is concerned about alts I will say I personally am not. I think a second level of friend, a single avi account option, or a consensual way to reveal alts are all both more fair and more useful for that purpose. I don't even see an issue with making alts public as long as everyone knows, but whatever is done it should be something that everyone knows about, not something hidden the way the account ignore and Pandora are. 

Jessica, 

I have never met "harassment" in the games...  I have met cheating players, trolls (mainly in World chat : we all know them..) But Harassment: no.

So where have you seen 'harassment'?

To all

By the way, could you keep the topic clean of your personal attack,  of trolling. It keeps players to be updated with Gizmo's messages... I had to scroll back a ton of garbages to find his post 

Thank you

Jessica, 

I have never met "harassment" in the games...  I have met cheating players, trolls (mainly in World chat : we all know them..) But Harassment: no.

To all

By the way, could you keep the topic clean of your personal attack,  of trolling. It keeps players to be updated with Gizmo's messages... I had to scroll back a ton of garbages to find his post 

Thank you

Very well!

And if MeiLing is tired of Scrolling through all that personal shit do you really think devs will do so!?  :huh:

Jesus - since 4 years it's getting worse with every update (shaking my head)

Just my 50ct...

To which I answer...

Cheap.

One, it's not hard to patch up a hand writing, and two, this is not the right madhouse to show your real photos unless you are as I said first, cheap.

So my statement stays, nice to meet you again JJ. Lol.

tenor.gif

@Brianna: Just because you asked for it. I will let my rounds speak instead. Lol.

post-6353-0-81198100-1533463130_thumb.jpg

Jessica, 

To all

Thank you

you can be happy you haven't experienced any harassment or stalking yet. But this does not mean that there is none of them in-game and in the forum. the opposite is unfortunately the case. Field reports are part of the clarification of the planned Iggy change for update 2018. If a thread grows, then one has to look for earlier reports at some point. That's normal, right?  ;) 

I agree with you that personal hostility has no place in this thread.