3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates 2018

Gizmo

I think Gizmo you need to answer Chloes question better, as the answer you gave could be taken either way.

So are we going to loose the account wide ignore?

Also, it seems you are catering to people who want it so there is little chance of finding out who a player is behind any alts.

Pandora may have been a pain in many ways, but it did also prevent people from doing so many things with alts that were upsetting other peoples games.

If you are showing you are going to cater for people who want to hide behind alts and do what ever they please, I think you will find a huge amount of people will finally give up on 3DXChat.

Yes it is.

i hope you have an good alternative for this then, daddy - otherwise that means multiple

ddrama.gif

*deleted* if not - i can lend u and hand you ova the final match for your baby

think the rest sounded good - just overflew n ill read it again at

or on the way to the airport! ur the boss, ur game, so master,

i guess u know wat ya doing, sir! lets see

suprise, suprise, suuuupriiise

Good.

Any ETA?

That's the problem, there never has been any or if it was retracted and kept undefined from then. Server stability is not a new announcement, it has been already there.

There were announcements of another amazing update and server stability, question for if we want a pose editor and, now new, the pandora defense and instead of the pose editor just some new poses. No status information of how the work proceeds, no ETA, no nothing.

If I can block an account or just an ava does not bother me. I met too many people with several accounts. Most of them think I do not notice as I play their game for a while.

I think Gizmo you need to answer Chloes question better, as the answer you gave could be taken either way.

So are we going to loose the account wide ignore?

Yes it is. Players will only block (ignore) characters, not the whole account with all the alts.

Hey gizmo,

I'm probably the one to care about the ignore system the least, but since everyone's so much into it why not do it this way?

• The ignore lists are stored and checked server-side only.
  • The client can only request the server if a certain char is ignored or not (true/false).
  • The server should check the ignore lists before sending messages and not send them to those who shouldn't receive them anyway.
  • The server shouldn't also send ignored chars data to the clients who are ignoring them / are being ignored (i.e. room lists, etc.)

This way the server can perform any kinds of checks without exposing the process to the clients, so account wide ignore system won't be causing any issues.

Yes it is.

So basically anyone we have on our ignore for it being account wide is basically screwed since we won't know their alt avis they create to come and harass us.  That was the whole point of the account wide ignore.  I mean it's not impossible to keep it just update that part to reflect the unique user ID instead.

Yes it is. Players will only block (ignore) characters, not the whole account with all the alts.

What is the purpose of this, you seem to be wanting to cater to people who want to be able to hide behind alts and do as they please.

Is this where you want your game to go?

Have it so people just play their sick games with others.

It is bad enough as it is, trust will really suffer when you do this.

Well maybe that is what you want with your game, a pile of short term players being stuffed around and quitting because of the assholes you seem to want to cater for whos game is just to upset others. 

So are we going to loose the account wide ignore?  Refer to Gizmo's response below.

Also, it seems you are catering to people who want it so there is little chance of finding out who a player is behind any alts. He's catering to people who want the access Pandora has gone.

Pandora may have been a pain in many ways, but it did also prevent people from doing so many things with alts that were upsetting other peoples games.   People knew who was the avis on the account unless it was another account which Pandora would have no way of knowing.

If you are showing you are going to cater for people who want to hide behind alts and do what ever they please, I think you will find a huge amount of people will finally give up on 3DXChat.  It doesn't appear that Gizmo is catering to people hiding behind alts, but merely doing what people have been asking about preventing Pandora's access.

Yes it is. Players will only block (ignore) characters, not the whole account with all the alts.  This account wide ignore was done because of the fact of the alts going and harassing others on alts including stalking or playing mind games.  With the account wide ignore people didn't have to worry about that unless that person made a new account.

Hey gizmo,

I'm probably the one to care about the ignore system the least, but since everyone's so much into it why not do it this way?

• The ignore lists are stored and checked server-side only.
  • The client can only request the server if a certain char is ignored or not (true/false).
  • The server should check the ignore lists before sending messages and not send them to those who shouldn't receive them anyway.
  • The server shouldn't also send ignored chars data to the clients who are ignoring them / are being ignored (i.e. room lists, etc.)

This way the server can perform any kinds of checks without exposing the process to the clients, so account wide ignore system won't be causing any issues.

I agree with you on this Alex, I believe it is possible to be done but is either being overlooked or bypassed for whatever reason.

So basically anyone we have on our ignore for it being account wide is basically screwed since we won't know their alt avis they create to come and harass us.  That was the whole point of the account wide ignore.  I mean it's not impossible to keep it just update that part to reflect the unique user ID instead.

That's why I said this.  Gizmo you're going backwards in preventing users from being stalked, harassed and such by those that used the account wide ignore feature.  Now users can take advantage of that no longer being an issue to go and play mind games against other user much easier.  Shame instead of moving forward you're falling behind in the time and going to piss off more users than before.  Listen to the users and don't step backwards, yes preventing Pandora was a problem that users wanted but at the same time they appreciated the account wide ignore and now you're ripping that from them.

Very few people have made my ignore list and it takes a lot to get on it and the feature of account wide comes in handy for that now why even bother to have an ignore list when they can do an alt and you won't have them on ignore.

I think that everything will be fine. No need to worry. We can handle any problems. :)

There has been problems with alts being miss used in the game for years, and what you have proven is you can't handle that problem.

What you are proving now with this is you have no idea of what is needed.

You are making it so there is no way of being able to tell who is behind an alt that is causing trouble.

Don't you realise what that will do ?

You will be over run with reports.

Plus I am fairly sure the way things are is that people can create an alt, spread lies and cause others problems, and then delete that alt before you have a chance to follow up on any reports.

I give up, this is to much, this just proves that you have no idea of the problems in the game.

If the ignore being character only is the price we pay for securing the data and rooms, then I'm all for it. 

Most of the disruptive people use different accounts, so account wide ignore didnt help in most cases anyway.

Just hope the iggy list is big enough :P

Most of the disruptive people use different accounts, so account wide ignore didnt help in most cases anyway.

Yes, I confirm it. I can not disclose the details now, but we will also take measures to punish violators of the rules. It's not long to wait! The patch is already on the horizon.

Yes, I confirm it. I can not disclose the details now, but we will also take measures to punish violators of the rules. It's not long to wait! The patch is already on the horizon.

and you will fix the blurry sky too, yes?  :rolleyes: 

If the ignore being character only is the price we pay for securing the data and rooms, then I'm all for it. 

Just hope the iggy list is big enough :P

I don't recall Gizmo saying anything about it securing rooms for anyone just the User avi accounts given a unique ID that would prevent Pandora from accessing it.  The part that is going to piss a lot of people off are the ones who put the ignore on for the whole account because of not knowing alts and that way they don't have to worry about dealing with that person on that account unless they create a new account.

Just remember Gizmo you're opening the door for more users to complain about not having account wide ignore as they had and will hear countless things about what another user is doing to them, that was the reason behind the account wide ignore you're not getting rid of and it will get worse with Pandora out of the way.  As long as you're prepared for the backlash, it seems that will definitely happen once this is out.

Adding:  Will the ignore list we presently have in place be removed due to the ignore system changing?

Edited by Mar Mohan

To be honest, the account wide ignore didnt work half the time anyway. if this new system doesnt break itself like the old did then im all for it, even if it means ill have to click ignore a couple more times. I think everyone should wait and see how it works when it comes out, will be much easier to give some feedback then.

I think the return to a single character based ignore system is inferior than a account based ban.

After all the work to create it I doubt you will change your mind, but you have opened the door now to needing staff 24/7 in world to handle issues and stalking via extra alt 'friends' on a targets friends list will be employed as a stalking tactic. Many who add friends for say event messaging will develop a new level of paranoia or care. They could be adding the same person three times.

Chararector based system will also make it more difficult to administrate persional user worlds as an Iggy/ban can be evaded at minimum 66% more easily.

A character based ignore system is one of the biggest flaws in the older platforms like RLC. They would kill to have what has been abandonded.