3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates 2018

Gizmo

Newflash folks, Just about every game like this charges for name changes, this isnt something new. IMVU, 2L, etc. 3dx is a business and of course he is going to charge for it, he would be silly not to make money off it.

Most social worlds like this do allow name change, and like you said, it is always a paid option. 

I would also like to point out that alternate characters are also always linked to a single known account. Such as 2L where all characters have a common account name in the profile. This is done for good reason. 

This is exactly what I suggested earlier. 

"You could make it so that when you checked the avi profile.. it showed the original avi name also. But only in profile.

Like if I changed my name to Maria... the name above my head says Maria... but in my profile it says: Maria (JessicaX)."

I would be very interested in hearing from someone on how this option would hinder any role playing or cause any problems.

The real issue here is that there are a large number of people who claim they are role playing but really only want complete anonymity with no accountability / transparency and those things never mix well in any fashion whether it be online or rl. The funny thing about this is that when I make an obvious suggestion on a known issue... i am labeled as paranoid and schizophrenic by the very people who are the ones causing this issue, like they will somehow successfully convince everyone that there is no issue. It's almost like something from the Twilight Zone, and thankfully, most people are smart enough to know better. 

The right to privacy should not include potential harassment of others. Not that anyone in this thread in particular are guilty of such a thing, but it does happen. To deny that it does not is kind of silly. There can be 1 without the other. The way it's done in other platforms of this type proves that.

I do not treat this like real life either but i have built some very close and lasting friendships and I do not wish that to be clouded by people with a harmful agenda.  

I miss the way the game used to be before it became all politically correct for the sake of a few. I miss the way the game was back when I joined in 2015. It had SO much fun playing the game back then.

HMTL was integrated in the chat so we could create our own stories and characters with stories that would last for HOURS; free avatars for days on end so we could create Chun Li or LaraCroft or FayeValentine so that we could make a few fantasies come true, and the Roleplay window was up for anyone interested in joining a role play while in a local, public place.

You'll get a GIANT influx of old players and new players if you could just go back to the way the game was played back in 2015.

Wow, I'm getting nostalgic about 3DXChat. That's pretty cool.

I agree with this. We were able to create an entire party, The Yacht Murder, Hollywood, etc. people participated because it cost us nothing. It was fun.

This is why I would not want to see a charge for name and gender changes. If there has to be a small one, 300 XG. That is provided that everything on your account stays the same. If there’s a question of the unknown in your friends list, check their gifts.

The only issue I see besides people abusing it, is losing your name if you change it. Some people will take your original even if you planned changing it back.

last thing for today i will say is i understand both sides. Rpers dont want actual names showing who they are because it messes up a RP, I get it. Jessica is saying that sometimes people will throw out its just an RP as a way to mask someone trying to mind fuck people and not be held accountable and i totally get that, as a matter of fact i agree that it happens a lot. 

A middle ground needs to be found, I have no idea what that is but it still does. people should feel safe and secure playing, both sides. 

*Small edit below*

If your partner doesnt realize its an RP ,  it isnt , you are just being deceitful ,  

Nothing needs to be found. It was founded many years ago = "Ignore" button. About name changes. It is not that situation when we can to compare games of different types. Yup, in free-to-pee it mostly have a price. I just tired to pointing,it is not that free-to-play game. its not IMVU,SL or something ftp. Everywhere we have 3 types in general. Free-to-play(with a lot of transactions), buy-to-play(a very little count of transactions,mostly without) and Play-by-subscription. I have a subscription in few games and I paying nothing more at a month. Cuz I paid. Clear.

Wilps interesting thread wif lots of soopa ideas.

Hows about if you change your name then your name color is different above your head. That way peeps know that this person is using an alt name. Clicking on their profile reveals their true identity. Tha name they joined with. Or if ya wanted to get fancy simply hovering ya curser ova their AV tha name changed to their orig name wif fireworks and moosak :P

Ah get that pure RPers want ta create a character on tha fly for certain parties and events that may be totes spontaneous and this gives them tha freedom to do so. And im sure theres plenty of peeps who come here who havnt a bad bone in their body and just have funs with their frands and drama doesn't even cross their minds when playing.

For tha game to be limited in certain options, ie character customization inc name and sex on tha fly is sorta unfair to these types of playas, ah can totes understand their stance on this.

Also in this game their are personalities or at least under tha right circumstances when playas look fo revenge or straight up drama. We all know people can be like this if we are honest. Maybeh not on a good day but we all have bad days and especially if you consider this as purely a "game" a "sex game" then ah can see how there are peeps here who have no respect for others or accountability to what they say or do here because eets just a game and warrants no morals or social rules be used by them when dealing with other AVs who happen to be real people bah tha way.

This place is a mixed bag of personalities and you cant cater to everyone so basically a middle ground has ta be found to limit tha amount of angry playas not happy with tha current setup.

Accountability is always important eets a basic human safe guard against those who want to harm others and they exist here regardless if your game doesn't include them.

Igging peeps seems tha solution most throw out there, sure eet works and eets tha only real way to deal with dram queens and kings.

So a name change as long as we see their original name linked to their profile or any other way of achieving tha same thing.

Sex change? Hmmmmmm ah dunno why? If a dooder is cruisins around and cant get a date fo tha night a simple click and now hes a girl spamming everyone in da room with tha same skeelz that forced him ta change ova in tha first place as a female now. How does not simply using a female AV he has as an ALT not achieve tha same thing?

Maybeh an RPer wants to change sex coz tha soopa hero they snared in their cage zapped them with his Lazur wrist shooters and made them turn into a Girl or Guy so a quick Sex change is needed El Prontos bah tha RPer with no cost coz maybe they got shot again and change backs, ah can see tha probs that can arise from an RPing scenario  :D

Ah dunno, both these feature ah will neva use so ah dunn care really if im honest about eets eetl be fun to see tha carnage that will arise from eets as eet is bound to happen no matter how optimistic you are.

Finally this game is a money maker for tha Devs, if they can make money from new features they will, personally, seeing as all our needs are important like tha RPers are saying, which is totes fair, mah needs require all tha BUGS to be fixed before we get down to changing names and sex that can be done already.

Ah support new content but not at tha expense of a stable game. :)

i see what your saying but everyone doesnt feel that way and to play devils advocate...    people wonder why and how pandora got so popular... Its because people love trying to dick people around in alts and then when it came out, some of those same people doing it went nuts that they couldnt do it anymore claiming it was killing the game. NO, what it was killing was people abilities to play with others emotions, etc and now they cant do it as easy

Some like to say people are just paranoid here but guess what, its only paranoid if it wasnt happening. I can assure you it happens all the time. I guess those people calling it paranoid thinks people  just like getting mindfucked on a weekly basis yet when it happens to them they scream bloody murder.

As i said before, I dont really care one way or the other, people know my alts and ive let people in forums name them  but lets not act like people dont try to abuse the alt thing. 

In every game the same problem and in every game there`s the same ignore function. But only in 3dx people takes it so close. You can`t stop it. Bad behavior is a bad behavior. It was,is and will be. 3dx not only about  this problem. 

Everybody will gladly accept any solution if it will satisfy both sides. I hope the word "satisfy" is good in this context. But to put on everyones head or profile a cow mark is not so good and acceptable solution. So, if no new solutions,still use ignore button then. I wish to ppl to find some really good solution.

What if everyone on your friends list got an email saying you changed your name and what the new name is every time your name changes. That should deal with most of the issues I think. I don't see why people not on your list would deserve to know. I don't honestly don't see how a name change is related to someone's RL gender or how that would work or why people are focused on that. I do think it could cause more drama with people changing their name and using that to spread rumors though that would be a more real concern in my mind and bound to happen.

Until someone can gives me a really good reason why alts should not be distinguishable from our main avis I will continue to believe that any reason is not enough to justify not having it that way.

In all these discussions on this matter no one has ever given accross any decent reason as to why alts and main avis should not be distinguishable.

Privacy, no, it will still be that no one knows who owns the alt, stop you from doing any genuine role play, no, you can still do everything you do now.

The only difference is people will know it is not someones main avi and likely roleplaying.

Except for maybe Gizmo wanting to make more money, which may not really be the case anyway, if our main avis were marked to show they are our main avis then there would be no need for a charge for the 2nd and 3rd slots. So wouldn't that be better for role players?

If there were no charge for these things, and main avis were marked to show it to be a main avi, then I believe a lot of people that have left the game would come back.

So many so that I believe the money increase from that would be far more than charging for these things.

And the big thing, just maybe as far as main avis are concerned we could get back to trusting them until they prove they can't be trusted instead of what pretty well everyone does in the game which is not trust until they prove they can be trusted, especially when it comes to new players, most people will show a distrust towards any new avi because of so many that create alts.

It is not the perfect solution I know, not for either side of the argument, but after 3 years of listening to what people have had to say about it, looking at all the ideas thrown in, I see it as being the best solution.

Edited to add,

People have argued in the past that having it so we can tell alts from our main avis will divide us all up, that alts will not be given the same recognition as main avis.

Well the people in the game are very much divided as it is, everyone sticks to their own little groups, even at parties and events.

It is rare to see local chats going off the way they use to, often they stay empty.

Also why should alts be given the same consideration as main avis, main avis deserve more respect the same way things would in real life.

If someone in real life pretending to be someone else was to join in on things with you, would you treat them the same as someone you know to be who he or she is.

You could have fun with them yes, but offer them the same trust in certain things as others, no you would not.

At first, if someone feels something like this ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia) or something like that after first ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia ), I strongly recomend to get a doctor in real life. It can help and It`s not a joke.

If you are fine, you should explore this one --> http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1425-3dxchat-community-rules/

If someone disturb you or doing something illegal, take a screenshot as a proof, click on character/name, choose a "report button" and use it.

If you don`t like someone or you feel some unwanted communication,etc, you can always use an "ignore" button/function.

For sure, no one function don`t gives you a 100% chance to be safe from trolls, paranoids or someonebadass else.

Be polite and respectful with anyone around you. If someone trying to press on you by the rumors just keep in mind a simple thing :

254.png

"Good friends don't believe the rumors"

Play the game, Don`t try to live in the game. Remember that you have to care about your real body. 

Eat something delicious and healthful  ^_^  and be well.

ExHaran why do you keep persisting with this paranoia stuff, pretty much insisting anyone who is saying that alts are causing problems are paranoid.

There has now been several people in this thread explain it is not paranoia when something is actually happening, or are you really trying to say that people do not miss use alts.

You have said before in this forum that I and others never listen, but the truth is you are the one that doesn't.

You insist there are no problems when it is so obvious there are, you insist iggy is like an answer to all problems when it has been explained so many times that iggy only does so much.

Please stop with the paranoia bs, no one is buying it.

There are many people in game that I maybe don't necessarily care for but I try to be civil with everyone because it is a small community and there are many mutual friends of friends which will cross over eventually into people that maybe I don't care for so much. I certainly do not like the idea of these people approaching me on a different avi but I also don't think ignore is the answer. 

Let's be clear... the biggest argument I hear about alts and name changing is that it's hindering role play ability. We all know this is mostly BS but for the sake of an intelligent discussion, I will entertain this idea. So let's say when you do a name change, the name in your profile only changes to "new name (old name)" but the name above your avi and the name in the chat window only appears as the new name. I would like to hear a logical reason as to how this hinders your role play ability. Now we all know exactly what ability it does hinder and It's also very telling how some in this thread give themselves away because of how much they do not like this idea.... because.. role play.  lol  if you want a completely different name, you are free to purchase a new avi or make a new account. This starts you over from scratch... just like it would for every other game or social platform. 

I really would like to hear 1 good logical example of how this hinders your role play. 

And I will be one to admit that I believe most of the reasoning behind everyone staying in tight knit groups is because of all the miss use of alts in the 1st place. I will admit myself that I do not trust a new avi when I see them, and for very good reason. It's called past experience and from talking to many other people. Like Twiggy said... I'm not sure why people insist on calling it paranoia when it's actually something that's happening.  If this is the type of environment Gizmo likes in his game then by all means... institute an anonymous name change. It's only going to divide people even more. 

Because you always talking about one thing and no paying attention on logic and another points of view, thats why. Next time quote me, I have no idea that someone talking with me here. Im not too involved.

thx to one who warned me about ur post.

I don`t quote you cuz u re living here, so u will see.

Because you always talking about one thing and no paying attention on logic and another points of view, thats why. Next time quote me, I have no idea that someone talking with me here. Im not too involved.

thx to one who warned me about ur post.

I don`t quote you cuz u re living here, so u will see.

We are trying to get your point of view, you continue to say it hinders your ability to role play but have never said how it does.

Now we have both asked you to let us know how it does and you still say we are not listening to you.

Again you appear to be not listening to either of us, or maybe it is just because you cannot come up with something decent in how it hinders things.

We are trying to get your point of view, you continue to say it hinders your ability to role play but have never said how it does.

Now we have both asked you to let us know how it does and you still say we are not listening to you.

Again you appear to be not listening to either of us, or maybe it is just because you cannot come up with something decent in how it hinders things.

You trying to mislead ppl again. You have seen my previous posts, so why do you asking me again to repeat ?

It`s disrespectful and it was the same years ago by you. Ain`t you wonder why ppl don`t want to listen you?

So, why the hell i need to waste my time for repeating stuff that was posted many times here?

I'm trying to mislead people, where ?

Have I missed something, did you already say how having an alt known to be an alt can effect your roleplay ?

You most definitely did not in your last post.

But maybe I missed something in one of your post somewhere, I don't think so, but if I did maybe you should point us to it.

All I have ever seen you say is that it stops you from being able to roleplay, but I can't remember anywhere where you have actually said how it does.

And I will be one to admit that I believe most of the reasoning behind everyone staying in tight knit groups is because of all the miss use of alts in the 1st place. I will admit myself that I do not trust a new avi when I see them, and for very good reason. It's called past experience and from talking to many other people. Like Twiggy said... I'm not sure why people insist on calling it paranoia when it's actually something that's happening.

I simply don't agree with this, I know that the reason I don't try to meet, or connect with new people is, because this is a sex game all they want is sex, and I simply am not willing or interested in doing that with new people mostly, because I put my existing friends/relationship first. For me at least, and I am sure others that is the end of the story. Should alts be open; I believe they already are in effect. Something like alt, and main tags does no good since that's never been the issue its for the most part easy to tell a new alt, and new alts are the ones that cause problems 90% of the time, not ones that have been around a while. It also would do nothing to remove the main thing people want to know about that alt, which is the curiosity about who it belongs too, and it really would spread a bad attitude towards alts. I myself don't use any alts anymore, but everyone deserve to be treated fairly, and with respect, and I think that alts will be treated as toys to be played with in that case, the idea of segregating the population, and creating a subclass to be abused infuriates me. Many people do not make up a fake RL to go with their alts or even necessarily have a main.

Am  I getting you right Tika, as you seem to be having a go at me or maybe Jessica, saying we started this, I hope not

all good twiggy twix - it was just coinsendence, taht the 3 of U where there at that moment - in that topic and or thread!!  besides that - sind wird nich alle nen bissle bluna hier und with all our #blunadays hehee nothing personal as usual n #ingerneral pls guyz #dont always put everything in- or not in tikanses  - on that golden wayingscale aka auf die goldwaage *peace* and besides that #liveoffers #usAll - such a cool thing ... .. .and its called: le tommorrow or laterZ  B) 

giphy.gif

I'm trying to mislead people, where ?

Have I missed something, did you already say how having an alt known to be an alt can effect your roleplay ?

You most definitely did not in your last post.

But maybe I missed something in one of your post somewhere, I don't think so, but if I did maybe you should point us to it.

All I have ever seen you say is that it stops you from being able to roleplay, but I can't remember anywhere where you have actually said how it does.

Yes , you missed everything.I had explaining with examples why problem(if it is a problem) not connected with roleplayers and not connected with someone who playing as themself.

I have said that privacy is not only for roleplayers, people have alts not only for that. And mostly not for bad things. In the game only few percent who use alts for bad things. But what hurts is always seen as stronger.

You better don't say "us". I talking only with you. I don't listen second one, because that one the same way skipping every my word. You too close to the same category.

Every post you have so many words about one point, and those a lot of words like a copy/pasted from post to post. Can you just ask something clearly without tonnes of water? 

Most of the time you talk to yourself, like a "but maybe...I dont think so...but if I did...you know....most likely...". I didn`t find a chat here.  If you wil continue this,I will continue to post the same that was few posts ago. I will skip every your word and will do the same as you. Seems its ok for you.

For me the 3DX team misses listening more this community, some people are fighting to have more beautiful update, for the clothes and more ... the only update which makes a pleasure to the community for the moment is the arrival of the editor but it's been years that we have the same styles .. for now I have the impression that my avatar looks more like a garbage bag, while I would like to give it a unique style that does not look like other avatars, but it's still very hard with the very little choice that gives us 3DX ... that's why I would really like 3DX to hurry to give us more 'update on all the world not just women, because yes, often the updates concern a lot more addition for women and men always stays with the same things, I think we need to know how to do things and know how to distribute equally on both sides, this is my current point of view of 3dx, after some will not agree but I don't care :P

For me the 3DX team misses listening more this community, some people are fighting to have more beautiful update, for the clothes and more ... the only update which makes a pleasure to the community for the moment is the arrival of the editor but it's been years that we have the same styles .. for now I have the impression that my avatar looks more like a garbage bag, while I would like to give it a unique style that does not look like other avatars, but it's still very hard with the very little choice that gives us 3DX ... that's why I would really like 3DX to hurry to give us more 'update on all the world not just women, because yes, often the updates concern a lot more addition for women and men always stays with the same things, I think we need to know how to do things and know how to distribute equally on both sides, this is my current point of view of 3dx, after some will not agree but I don't care :P

Wise post and in the right place .

Wise post and in the right place .

45WW0wy.jpg

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Btw: One of the best poses of all - is already in the game!
What didn't or dont know it?! #really?
 #guesswhat? #the equipment
aka

#the or some people in it

Edited by KYUSS

Twiggy, one place where tying "alts" back to the "main" is a problem is when the player has been hurt or attacked and wants to avoid the people who hurt her.  I know at least one case where this happened, and victim, not the attacker, needed a fresh start.  

I'm not apposed to having the profile of an alt link in some way back to the main, and I agree that doing so doesn't really hurt roleplay.  However, if they did that, they must provide a mechanism for deleting the "main" and "promoting" the alt to the new main.  I recognize that this gives an avenue for abuse, but I feel that it's more important to protect the victims than to punish the attackers.  

Tlaero