3DXChat Community

Another Life

Sentra

Thanks Jess. Yeah I found the website. I was wondering if that was still going and I'm glad to see it is. I am interested for sure.

I will try Sansar also and I believe you that it is amazing, especially with VR. Maybe I will get a VR headset sooner than I thought. I do have a 1060 OC so I guess it might work on my existing stuff. Will Sansar have music streaming, dancing, cuddling? And what is that video stuff they have like in the videos with the movie theater thing I have seen? Is it at all like Rabb.it? And are you always locked into first person or can you use third person if you aren't in VR?

I still think gizmo could make something more mainstream out of what they have already built here for 3dx so far, and I think it could make them some extra money. Maybe a lot. I would hope that it might make them finally hire more people. If they put it on Steam I don't think they would really even need to advertise.

Thanks Jess. Yeah I found the website. I was wondering if that was still going and I'm glad to see it is. I am interested for sure.

I will try Sansar also and I believe you that it is amazing, especially with VR. Maybe I will get a VR headset sooner than I thought. I do have a 1060 OC so I guess it might work on my existing stuff. Will Sansar have music streaming, dancing, cuddling? And what is that video stuff they have like in the videos with the movie theater thing I have seen? Is it at all like Rabb.it? And are you always locked into first person or can you use third person if you aren't in VR?

I still think gizmo could make something more mainstream out of what they have already built here for 3dx so far, and I think it could make them some extra money. Maybe a lot. I would hope that it might make them finally hire more people. If they put it on Steam I don't think they would really even need to advertise.

I would guess that in time it will have as much as SL currently has if not more. Right now there's a few hundred places to explore, and they are breathtaking if you have the hardware for it. 

I would guess that in time it will have as much as SL currently has if not more. Right now there's a few hundred places to explore, and they are breathtaking if you have the hardware for it. 

The problem with all other solutions on the market is, that you need really really good modeling knowledge and often costly software to build your own worlds. I really love how easy to use 3dxChat is. Others are much more complicate and only usable by a small user base.

But sure 3dx has many unused potential and also some bugs which are really annoying like the "dance bug".... every night on a party I get pns like: "you are not dancing chloe" and alsways I response "that's impossible since I am always dancing, but wait, I will fix that for you".

So I really hope 3dx will still evolve over the time... maybe not as fast as we all wish it but if you look to the RLC competitors with there abandoned Curios client it can be really much more worse.

3dx is hot garbage and they’re only throwing enough content to keep people interested. They aren’t going to change anything because it effects their bottom line, and they have a captive audience. They’ve convinced an entire community that this is their best option, and in reality it isn’t. Symbol minded enjoy this game and for that reason alone they’ll never leave until there’s a clear and obvious option, which doesn’t seem like that’ll be the case anytime soon. This game caters to people who lack creativity, which is overwhelming apparent when no one can figure out how to get away from it.

Space is interesting as well one of the problems with some of these like Space is they just never became popular... Anything that was made to compete with Second Life and doesn't have sex seems just not to take off its something that's often mentioned in the comments.

http://sinewave.space/

It's a cross between cleaner looking avi but seems to take after RLC/Eros Island when they had it but the worlds they show and state you can build look nice.  The down side to it is that it's very heavy for a slower computer or laptop.

Edited:  Here is the other link they use to showcase it.

Edited by Mar Mohan

3dx is hot garbage and they’re only throwing enough content to keep people interested. They aren’t going to change anything because it effects their bottom line, and they have a captive audience. They’ve convinced an entire community that this is their best option, and in reality it isn’t. Symbol minded enjoy this game and for that reason alone they’ll never leave until there’s a clear and obvious option, which doesn’t seem like that’ll be the case anytime soon. This game caters to people who lack creativity, which is overwhelming apparent when no one can figure out how to get away from it.

So we are all simple (**)  minded people with lack of creativity? Wow, thank you for telling us that. I will immediately stop having fun in 3dx to not feel dump!

(**) I guess you meant that cause Symbol minded does not make sense to me. 

So we are all simple (**) minded people with lack of creativity? Wow, thank you for telling us that. I will immediately stop having fun in 3dx to not feel dump!

No I meant symbol. I don’t feel many of the people here are simple minded as I’ve seen some of their work. I just feel the creativity is misplaced.

It’s symbol minded because too much faith is put into the symbolism this game can bring. People see this game through rose colored glasses because of the what they made for it themselves.

People stand up for this game like it’s their symbol, their flag they planted saying I do these things because of 3dx. When in reality 3dx is only here because of the community.

The man hours put into the creative aspect of this game only really enriches the devs. They’re the only ones getting anything tangible from your efforts.

3dx is holding people back.

No I meant symbol. I don’t feel many of the people here are simple minded as I’ve seen some of their work. I just feel the creativity is misplaced.

It’s symbol minded because too much faith is put into the symbolism this game can bring. People see this game through rose colored glasses because of the what they made for it themselves.

People stand up for this game like it’s their symbol, their flag they planted saying I do these things because of 3dx. When in reality 3dx is only here because of the community.

The man hours put into the creative aspect of this game only really enriches the devs. They’re the only ones getting anything tangible from your efforts.

3dx is holding people back.

Okay... symbol minded wasn't something I did know before... so you mean something like fan-ism? Hmmm.... well I still enjoy 3dx and even if it is not perfect I prefer to make the best out it instead of throwing shit on it, which is pointless in my eyes. It is not I was never sarcasm about an 3dx update. I was... but you should not attack people still having fun playing 3dx. 

I hated Sansar. The worlds are amazing but the avatars look like unmodded SIMS Avis. They’re terrible. I know that will change more with creators making enhancements. I did the creators preview and there weren’t many assets to build skins and such and from my last visit to their market place not much by way of avis. With Bento and the mesh, animated heads you can make a very nice avi in SL but you’re going to pay for it. I prefer the avis there though as there’s a lot of customization in shapes, etc. I also prefer the poses.

I think for 3dx to get on that level they would have to do a massive overhaul. SL and SIMS offer a lot of interactive things outside of partying and dancing. Boats, driving etc. I don’t think we’ll get those things here but who knows.