3DXChat Community

Forum Profile Pics

Macca

I don't even know how to google search someones pic. Just for my two cents here ... I don't have any pics on this game yet but another I play I use a variety of diff pics... Cartoons ... some just body shots (no face) etc etc. I get what you are all saying but I guess for me depends on what I am looking for. If I just want the fantasy I will go with whatever they want to pass off as themselves. If I am developing a relationship of any kind with someone ... be it romantic or just platonic ... I want to know the real deal.

And ... how do you google search pics anyway?

It's the internet, what do you expect

I mean some times there's so many girls in game I just can't help but giggle. Gets easy to spot the majority of the fakes, guys, huge boobs and slutwear is a giveaway. Apologies to my better endowed and clothing optional sisters, you really are up against it ;)

Have any girls actually tried a male avi? I'm kinda tempted to try see it from the other side. Of course if you like both genders it doesn't really matter anyway. Is it just a guy, threatened sexuality issue?

To the straight girls - if I played a guy and u found out I was a girl would it be just as bad as a guy playing a girl with a straight guy?

Honestly curious.

Be warned I might try it lol

Ps - not putting my real pic on here lol, simple reason that this is for me to play out some fantasies. Some things I'm just not ready to have the risk of being exposed to my real friends and family ok. Surely that's reason enough for most peoples wish to be clandestine. We're not all the same.

Let me put it like this Doll..

Say you get close to someone in game, close enough to contact them out of the game, then in 4/5/6 months time you find out (or think you find out) they are not who they said they were. How would that make you feel? (I already know the answer)

The people who just want to log on, fuck anything that moves and beat off over the animations, in my opinion wouldn't care who the person is behind the Avi they are fucking.. But for those of us who want more than that out of this game, ie, build friendships etc don't like being deceived. Its nothing to do with being threatened sexually. I know I have probably had sex here with a few guys (ewww lol) but they haven't then tried to befriend me and carry on pretending to be female. Well not that I know of (apart from one guy who got found out a while ago)..

Ive said it a few times now, privacy is not an issue and everyone understands it.. It the people making out they are something they are not (fake profile pics of hot girls) that's the problem, especially when they tell you in game its really them, or imply it on the forums etc.. If they want to be private, fine, use a cartoon, avi, animal etc..

On subject:  Reason I use a artwork picture on forums is that I work for and with the public.  But once I become close, I'm not shy to share out of game - its human nature to be curious.

Have any girls actually tried a male avi? I'm kinda tempted to try see it from the other side. 

Yes I have - should say do.  * with a Spanish accent says *  I am the masked man named Vango!   

A bit off subject, but thought I would share why.  I've always enjoyed watching  ;) the human experience.  First, it was a break away from my once over active friends list yet still be in the community.  After hearing many of my male friends complain on how hard it is to meet girls - so I tested.   After walking around 3 days - not chatting in local or to anyone with a weak one liner profile - I received no colds nor PMs. as going around as a hetro male looking for hetro females.   So, I agree they have it tough, if one doesn't start the communication, this game can be very lonely.  So now I respond to all "  Hi's " after my experiment.

Yeah I getcha macca, there's a real difference between peeps becoming genuine friends, or more, from an in game meeting. At that point I agree the dynamic changes.

Not sure that should prompt an attempt to bully or shame people about the pics they use in the forum. There's a lot of strange attempts to govern people's behaviour under the guise of reasoned debate that goes on here in my observation.

There's more of a spectrum here than simply folks getting off on watching anims and people looking for something to develop irl. Personally whether it's a girl or a guy isn't gonna affect whether I can build a friendship, regardless of whether they lie to me about it. If I like someone I'm gonna like them irrespective of gender. It's a minor deception in that kind of situation.

I take the point that if it becomes more than a friendship however then there's a responsibility on both parties in terms of trust in all sorts of ways. I think that's a given no?

@Playme - that sounds horrid. I'm gonna try it. I always try to say hi to peeps who talk to me without a cold. It's polite after all, but sometimes I just can't be bothered and that's bad. Seeing it from the other side might actually make me a better person.

I wonder if anyone has "Ken" lol

Im not sure there is any bullying going on here! No names have been mentioned, no one has been named and shamed.. All I'm saying is 'for example, you go round telling everyone or implying its really you in your picture' is wrong. If you don't want people to see the real you, fine, just don't pretend to be someone your not. That is being fake. And im not suggesting for one minute you do that, we all know why you have chosen your picture :)

And yes, it totally sucks being a guy here lol ;P Sometime I wish I was a bi! Wouldn't really matter then who is behind the avi.. lol.. :)

Ok i'm gonna go back in my toybox.

It is another one of those threads, shame on me for snapping at the hook. Just don't like to see the old hands here trying to rule the roost under cover of "provocative" debate.

One persons rebel is another person's terrorist. (I mean that both metaphorically and light heartedly before I get flamed ok)

I love u all - anyone who knows me knows that :)

I do not use my real photo here and I will not. If I want to share with someone I am close with I will do so. It is not that I am ashamed of how I look or that I am trying to deceive anyone. This is my personal choice.

I do agree with Macca that using fake photos and letting people believe it is you is wrong. There is nothing we can do to stop people from doing this though. It really is not necessary though, in this community I have found more and more people are not so much concerned about what a person looks like as much as who they are as a person.

I think in the end people are going to have to remember that what you see is not always what you get. I do not look at forum pics and think ohh he is good looking or anything. I keep an open mind and remember that what they show may not be what they look like. Also I am not shallow and do not care what the outer package looks like, I look within to see who they are.

Okay Doll to make it clear I am merely teasing Macca for being forthright and making his opinions bold. I have made no personal judgement, neither have I been drawn into this debate. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, this is discussion and debate.

I do not agree with flaming or persecution. However I hardly see this as "a few people (old hands) trying to rule the roost" I find it highly offensive to suggest so.

This topic is closed to me, discussion over as it's now getting ridiculous and yes you should be more careful of what you say as a statement to every single person that took part at all, in any minorway to this discussion.

I do not use my real photo here and I will not. If I want to share with someone I am close with I will do so. It is not that I am ashamed of how I look or that I am trying to deceive anyone. This is my personal choice.

I do agree with Macca that using fake photos and letting people believe it is you is wrong. There is nothing we can do to stop people from doing this though. It really is not necessary though, in this community I have found more and more people are not so much concerned about what a person looks like as much as who they are as a person.

I think in the end people are going to have to remember that what you see is not always what you get. I do not look at forum pics and think ohh he is good looking or anything. I keep an open mind and remember that what they show may not be what they look like. Also I am not shallow and do not care what the outer package looks like, I look within to see who they are.

Not gonna bite, not gonna bite... Dammit...

Nice sentiment but psychologically and physiologically unlikely in terms of sexual attraction. Friendship is different but the human animal actually evaluates a mate almost entirely on appearance and within the first few seconds. Now that attraction can be based on a whole variety of different sensory cues as to compatibility as a mate other than just being pretty/handsome but it's all about the gene pool. We have much less rational control than we think.

Now granted there may be other reasons people get together but you can't simply dismiss biochemistry as being shallow.

Someone please put the catch down on my toybox

Okay Doll to make it clear I am merely teasing Macca for being forthright and making his opinions bold. I have made no personal judgement, neither have I been drawn into this debate. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, this is discussion and debate.

I do not agree with flaming or persecution. However I hardly see this as a few people (old hands) trying to rule the roost I find it highly offensive to suggest so.

This topic is closed to me, discussion over as it's now getting ridiculous and yes you should be more careful of what you say as a statement to every single person that took part at all, in any minorway to this discussion.

Ok point taken about being careful, that was I'll considered. I really meant no offense it just riles me when we get bold statements that aren't really aimed at discussion but more at telling people "I don't like the way you do xyz"

I should know better, but it's not the first example and it always comes from the old hands. Not all of us, I count myself among that group and I've never known you to Abbey so I apologise if I offended you. That wasn't what I meant to do at all

Sigh

LOL.. don't worry about it Abbey <3 I think it was aimed at me! :)

As for it not being aimed at discussion, I think this topic has been discussed more than a few others started recently. Im sorry if it offends you that I don't like fakes and am not scared to voice my opinion on it.. :)

Macca, you and I had a great discussion in game the other day and I'm glad we were able to set aside some differences, but this thread confuses me greatly.

I basically posted a thread, naming no names and stating my opinion about how people actually play the game and abuse others, not just about what kind of forum pic they put online.  For this, I was crucified and made to look and feel like some whimpering coward because I was not afraid of a bully and spoke my mind about how I felt about abusive and negative play.  For weeks after, I felt like a pariah and quite frankly, was treated like one.  The thread was actually closed within a day by the admins.

Can you please explain to me why my post was met with such venom, while you (and others) defend this one as just being open and honest and not afraid to express yourself?  As a matter of fact, I think you more directly call out specific individuals here than I did in my post.

You clearly do not like fake people in the game misleading you...got it.  I clearly do like like bullies and manipulative people that target individuals.  If you want to debate something, debate the differences in reaction to our 2 posts.

I'm honestly not trying to pick a fight.  I'm genuinely curious.

I see your point Brandean, and am happy to offer an explanation.

You had a personal problem with 1 individual, and shared that problem with the forums. No one other than you and that individual knew who was telling the truth, was correct etc.. And your problem had been shared by many before you.. This is a general thread about a number of people on here who use fake profile pictures and try and pass them off as their own.. I wanted a discussion with the community to gage their reactions and establish if they felt it was acceptable to do this. Some do, some don't care and some don't. This wasn't a threat created aimed at one person or a personal problem I have with someone.

And if you read it carefully, I have been pretty much slated for starting it by some people.. Memes about beating a dead horse etc, someone even implied im a terrorist lol.. I have thick skin and can laugh those people off.. I really don't care what they think of me, im just voicing my opinion about an issue that is a lot wider than a person problem with an individual here.

Now, meet you outside in 5 minutes and we can resolve this like men!!! haha jokes btw :)

someone even implied im a terrorist lol..

Omg!! So I let the first twist of what I said slide cos arguing is pointless on here but that's too far. Do you want to twist anything else I said or are u done? Understand what metaphor means?

Well you also implied im an old hand trying to rule the roost.. which I actually laughed at.. a lot.. its obvious I have offended you with this thread, wasn't my intention.. but in all honesty, I could be posting a lot worse about people.. rumour's, gossip, and total bs that players spread about others that ruins friendships, just because they are jealous.. but this is not what this thread is about.. its a simple thread really.. Is it acceptable to upload pictures of others and pass them off as you (intentionally). Yes I know it happens a lot online, but why not discuss it?!

God I love a good debate :)