3DXChat Community

Recommendations for a good service to stream music

Lovers

Hi  ..... Have had problems from people not hearing music when entering my room .... Have sort help from 3DXChat in another thread, no help was offered  .... The Host service had no answer, but refunded my years subscription.

So please can anyone with a service for streaming music that has no problems please recommend me their provider?

There must be providers that have no problem or room providers would be reporting problems.

I don't mind paying extra for a premium servicee as long as I know its working with 3DXChat thanks :)

I had no problems with my stream so far.. shoutcast.st pro subscription.. btw sometimes it's the fault of a hacked dll some still use, or was at least the reason for a while. 

No I don't have the DLL .... but thanks for your recommendation will check them out :) .... funny I was told the DLL fixes it? its very infuriating, not knowing who has and who doesn't get music :(

I had no problems with my stream so far.. shoutcast.st pro subscription.. btw sometimes it's the fault of a hacked dll some still use, or was at least the reason for a while. 

Ooooh just looked and pro is cheaper than my last provider :) Thanks

I used to use Geckohost, which used to be the best value for money, but looking at Shoutca.st, it looks like a better deal. Personally I have found Icecast more reliable with less lag, but your mileage may vary. Shoutcast v2 is good as well.

Don't know what it is  ... but even using the 3dxchat radio people are reporting they don't get music :( something is up ... shakes head) .... I have reloaded 3dxchat, nothing seems to solve the problem :( and the DEVs don't give a SH@T .

I was using myradiostream, but lately others have told me they can't hear my music...  will follow this thread to see if I can find a solution too.

Yes its wieerd, because all the providers use centova cast  ... so everyone should have the same problem ... wondering if it has something to do with the location of the people? But the Devs don't care it seems :(

Its not an issue with stream providers. If you are having issues, you will likely have issues with every provider and even the radio stations. It's a 3dx issue or something with your setup in some way, but I wish i had more ideas or ways to help. I just can't think of anything else.

Stream servers don't lag. They just buffer the audio so that if there's a temporary slowdown it doesn't affect the outgoing stream. By default, shoutcast  has a larger buffer but it can all be configured. The differences between shoutcast and icecast are extremely subtle. 

@Sputnik, if even the radio stations are causing the same issues and you are not using a DLL or hacked EXE, then that is 100% a 3dx issue. 

Don't hold your breath. I used to have a bug that caused me to have a clone in fresco the entire time I was online. I reported it directly to the devs multiple times. The answer i got was:  "maybe it will go away on the next update".  This affected me for close to 6 months. When the 2.0 update came out it was fixed. Tho i will go out on a limb and say that it was fixed accidentally. They rarely ever "fix" anything. There's lots bugs that have been in the game for like 5 years. I really hope you get your issue fixed, but I would find it hard to stay positive because it's likely not going to happen unless it affects most people. 

Its not an issue with stream providers. If you are having issues, you will likely have issues with every provider and even the radio stations. It's a 3dx issue or something with your setup in some way, but I wish i had more ideas or ways to help. I just can't think of anything else.

I Have loaded the game from fresh ... I have a powerful PC  ... And its not just me .... Don't even know if its possible to set up 3dxchat different? 

Reloaded the game fresh after removing the DLL ... so its not that  .... I hear music everywhere ... just some people entering my room don't always hear it.

The reason I know it happens a lot is because my girlfriend is one of the people not hearing music  .... I think others might not realise its happening because most people just poof without saying anything  ... but we follow people and ask if they had music.

Now its not everytime  ... sometimes my girlfriend gets music and other times not  ... had the same stated from other people that visit the room.

This only started with the world editor :(

Stream servers don't lag. They just buffer the audio so that if there's a temporary slowdown it doesn't affect the outgoing stream. By default, shoutcast  has a larger buffer but it can all be configured. The differences between shoutcast and icecast are extremely subtle. 

@Sputnik, if even the radio stations are causing the same issues and you are not using a DLL or hacked EXE, then that is 100% a 3dx issue. 

Don't hold your breath. I used to have a bug that caused me to have a clone in fresco the entire time I was online. I reported it directly to the devs multiple times. The answer i got was:  "maybe it will go away on the next update".  This affected me for close to 6 months. When the 2.0 update came out it was fixed. Tho i will go out on a limb and say that it was fixed accidentally. They rarely ever "fix" anything. There's lots bugs that have been in the game for like 5 years. I really hope you get your issue fixed, but I would find it hard to stay positive because it's likely not going to happen unless it affects most people. 

I have written to them directly and am not holding my breath   .... I suspect that this problem is far more prevalent than 3dxchat users think ..... Most people just poof and say nothing  ..... I know because my girlfriend has the problem sporadically ... so we go out of our way to ask people if they get music ..... And other room providers have reported the same problem  ... don't know why they don't say so on the forum?

I am making a wild guess here  ... but seems to me that there is some command to turn the stream on when entering a room  .... If that command is right on the point when a person enters the room it might be sometimes sending the command before the room is loaded ... so the command isn't always recieved  ..... something that is mili-seconds could make a vast difference (note this is a guess based on experiences with other stuff, don't know this system)

DEVS I think I know the problem ......

The command to turn on the stream is being sent to early  .... 

The command is being sent as the problem is sporadic and turning on the stream after a person has entered the room also works.

So in my opinion the command is being sent before the room is fully loaded sometimes.

I may be wrong  ... but logic says I am right .....

PS And this would explain why its not everyone has the problem  ... Faster PCs like mine load faster (I always hear music when entering a room)  ... slower PCs are probably getting the problem (My girlfriends PCs are slower).

So the problem is not with the room provider, but users with slower PCs entering the room.

DEVS I think I know the problem ......

The command to turn on the stream is being sent to early  .... 

The command is being sent as the problem is sporadic and turning on the stream after a person has entered the room also works.

So in my opinion the command is being sent before the room is fully loaded sometimes.

I may be wrong  ... but logic says I am right .....

PS And this would explain why its not everyone has the problem  ... Faster PCs like mine load faster (I always hear music when entering a room)  ... slower PCs are probably getting the problem (My girlfriends PCs are slower).

So the problem is not with the room provider, but users with slower PCs entering the room.

• 2 years later...
On 1/27/2018 at 7:22 AM, Coffee and BJs said:

I was using myradiostream, but lately others have told me they can't hear my music...  will follow this thread to see if I can find a solution too.

I've had the same problem with myradiostream...People tell me they can't hear my music too.  So what is the real solution?  Is it always going to happen basis on individual users? or is there a better streaming service to use?  

I don't want to pay for a better service if it still won't work

Edited by Overfiend

On 1/27/2018 at 6:27 AM, Guest Mulan said:

I used to use Geckohost, which used to be the best value for money, but looking at Shoutca.st, it looks like a better deal. Personally I have found Icecast more reliable with less lag, but your mileage may vary. Shoutcast v2 is good as well.

Interesting.  I am checking them out right now.  I see they also have azuracast servers which I have wanted to try.  

But ive been fairly happy with Gecko

Edited by moondance

On 5/13/2020 at 6:28 PM, Overfiend said:

I've had the same problem with myradiostream...People tell me they can't hear my music too.  So what is the real solution?  Is it always going to happen basis on individual users? or is there a better streaming service to use?  

I don't want to pay for a better service if it still won't work

IF you are using the FREE option from myradiostream, it hasn't worked on 3DX in quite some time but it did use to.

Presently with the free service, YOU can hear the stream but others cannot. That is the only issue i know of with myradiostream. If you go for their paid plans, everything should be working. Many hosts / djs use their services.

Edited by Stellania

Since my last post at the beginning of 2018 I have been using Shoutca.st and can confirm it works great with no problems, both Shoutcast and Icecast support.

I can personally vouch for both Gecko and Shoutca.st and a lot of people use MyRadioStream, so any one of those three will work great. All them offer plans around $5 a month or a couple of $ more for increased bit rate, more listeners, which should be affordable for most people.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Stellania this was very helpful

On 5/17/2020 at 12:58 PM, Stellania said:

IF you are using the FREE option from myradiostream, it hasn't worked on 3DX in quite some time but it did use to.

Presently with the free service, YOU can hear the stream but others cannot. That is the only issue i know of with myradiostream. If you go for their paid plans, everything should be working. Many hosts / djs use their services.

Thanks for the other recommendations as well.  All of you have been helpful DeraidanididitNickyLove and Mulan