3DXChat Community

Room Thief Shaming

Keely Kat

My suggestion for anyone who steals an asset or a room should be shamed by the the community.  We can come up with lots of ways to do that, but here are a few:

1. Fill their inbox with admonishments
  2. find every post they have made and comment on their post that's they are in fact a fucking thief
  3. Announce their criminality on World Chat and in the rooms they steal
  4. Community exile by having as many people as possible ignore them - if they cant see the room its harder to know what file to harvest

More suggestions would be great...anything to mark these people as living, breathing assholes.

My suggestion for anyone who steals an asset or a room should be shamed by the the community.  We can come up with lots of ways to do that, but here are a few:

• Fill their inbox with admonishments
  • find every post they have made and comment on their post that's they are in fact a fucking thief
  • Announce their criminality on World Chat and in the rooms they steal
  • Community exile by having as many people as possible ignore them - if they cant see the room its harder to know what file to harvest
More suggestions would be great...anything to mark these people as living, breathing assholes.

That's a great idea Keely, cause Heden is wrong and she knows it. She got my forum account banned cursing me out, but when I gave her a dose of her own medicine she gave a one sided report of me cursing her out which got me banned without any prior warning. It's cool though, cause now she's taking the work other others without consent from the builders. Therefore I support your idea.

Not a bad idea but what if the room was not stolen? Or what if the person just makes another alt, or just hits the ignore button? I think that the best thing to do is have the dev treat room theft like spamming too much, if found guilty, then suspend the theft. Two people made the Star Wars Millennium Falcon, both look almost identical, but they are original builds. Just happened at the same time. Same with the Air ship concept and pirate ships. Builders of rooms know their rooms, even when altered, because many builders get to a part they just could not get right, right away and either it went well or there is still a fuck up.  

However lets try to come up with ideas and solutions as Keely Kat did. 

I think a Thief Gallery here.   Name, shame & take pics of their thievery.

Name the thief & what they stole so members can ignore & boycott their game & confirm a report is made to 3DXChat .

If 3DXChat take any action and the result ot that action.

3DXChat  should temporary ban that member until the room is deleted by the thief, if not, ban their IP and or  credit card.

3DXChat need to realise  that these creative members keep this place alive, keep it interesting and are talented people. 

What kind of members do they want? 

Ones who care enough for the place to create and are generous in their time and Masterpieces or ...  thieves , who have no scruples and are allowed and even condoned to steal and scam off the very members they want to keep and encourage to stay.

Time to look after your decent members 3DXChat.   Stand up for what is right.

Unless I'm mistaken, saved files have date stamps on them and a few older saves should show proof of ownership whne proof is needed.

Not sure why declaring "Room theft will result in ban" as policy can't be policy. 

I'm guessing the Dev's never guessed this might become an issue or that it would escalate into this type of problem. Some people ruin things for everyone else it seems.

I'd imagine the Dev's would need to hire a person or two to handle this. I'd think to enforce the policy and handle complaints would be too much for the Dev's on top of all the other stuff they have to do.

It's a shame it's gotten like this so fast.. :(

Shall we cut them their head (you know in France we like to cut the head, remember the revolution) ?

Oh and if we cut their head and realise later it was a mistake or a wrong accusation, shall we stick them back their head ?

And who will judge who is guilty to avoid a mistake, shall we name a court ?

(sorry a mix of very bad humour but I do not think organising anything about creating a list of who is guilty, even in the form of a joke sounds so good. My skin shivers when I hear about that and not in a positive sense)

Only one problem with that , its against the rules and all your going to end up doing is getting yourself and others banned. While what she did is trashy as fuck, no rule was broken. your venom is misplaced....

This is one part of the problem :) The other part will be who can prove to be the creator of the original version?

At the end, there is a statement against a statement...

1. Fill their inbox with admonishments
  2. find every post they have made and comment on their post that's they are in fact a fucking thief
  3. Announce their criminality on World Chat and in the rooms they steal
  4. Community exile by having as many people as possible ignore them - if they cant see the room its harder to know what file to harvest

i know  if you will thinking a few Moments longer about ur "ideas" u will put them in the only place for ideas like this...the garbage can.....

sorry...that sonds for me like Mobbing and Stalking....dont miss understand me roomsteal is not ok.....but whats the next step?

pink stars wiht a T on their clothers?...  NO !!!!

and in two week all colders must have a flashligth on their head?....

PLEASE FORGET IDEAS LIKE THIS....

room stealing is not good...but i think we all should strong enough to handle this whitout Stalking, Mobbing , marking

if we are not strong enough to handle this little Problem without denounce​ others,  so this is not the place i will stay or live.

please excuse my bad english but i guess u will understand me..

Tam

This is one part of the problem :) The other part will be who can prove to be the creator of the original version?

I would think the file properties would show the files save date and prove who had the earliest versions.

I would think the earliest files would be a proof towards ownership.

i really am just trying to foster a conversation about protecting those builders who actually create something against the douchebags who inevitably will try to take what they are too lazy or dumb to do themselves.  Certainly outing them is the least we can do and as far as proving who did what...my rooms are always painted with my name though you cant always find them. I would suggest all builders mark their turf iun the same way.  Certainly finding my name inscribed in a room somewhere should be proof enough to shame them regardless of those who believe it jsut goes too far.

And how do you prove that the file attributes haven't been edited?

Yeah, it was my same thought because it shows the last date of the edit and this would mean the thief has always the oldest version because the original artist finds always things who needs an change and an edit of the file :)

Maybe could help the date of the first screenshot but this does also proof nothing because there are endless members who don't share public there creations.

At the end there are many awesome creations without an artist because legally only has "now" SexGameDevil the copyrights for all user created content.

It is like you develop a program or produce a song, share it to the internet and destroy all the evidence that you are the copyright holder  :wacko:  :rolleyes:

i really am just trying to foster a conversation about protecting those builders who actually create something against the douchebags who inevitably will try to take what they are too lazy or dumb to do themselves.  Certainly outing them is the least we can do and as far as proving who did what...my rooms are always painted with my name though you cant always find them. I would suggest all builders mark their turf iun the same way.  Certainly finding my name inscribed in a room somewhere should be proof enough to shame them regardless of those who believe it jsut goes too far.

Gizmo has already stated that if you upload it, it is fair game. And since harassment is against the Community Rules, "public shaming" is the wrong approach, which could get those who shame banned.

However, you have made a very good suggestion about "marking turf." Ideally, the mark should be hidden, so that it can only be found by those who know where to look. If found, the pirate can then be told privately that he or she is "busted," and the creator can announce that he has proof his work has been pirated but without actually naming the the pirate

Public shaming is a no-win situation and should be avoided at all costs, be it in-game or on the forum.

Yeah, it was my same thought because it shows the last date of the edit and this would mean the thief has always the oldest version because the original artist finds always things who needs an change and an edit of the file :)

The reality is much worse than that, Achilles. There is freeware available that will enable anyone to edit the time stamp of any file. So anyone could take someone else's data, change the time stamp to some time in January, 2017, and claim that they created it first.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-file-folder-attributes-with-attribute-changer-in-windows-7

There is no way to stop this without encryption. But even with encryption, one a world is loaded in the client, it can be saved to a new encrypted file, which could then be edited to look like it predated the original.   It is an endless cycle of "he said, she said," for sure.

There is no way to stop this without encryption. But even with encryption, one a world is loaded in the client, it can be saved to a new encrypted file, which could then be edited to look like it predated the original.   It is an endless cycle of "he said, she said," for sure.

I agree it's at least just in Developers hand do something but honestly I don't believe because they was warned before the release of the word editor and the public statement about was just...

I've a question :)

I can Imagine the Players will spend in the Future a lot time to Design there Locations. Will there be a secure method to keep this Locations safe in the Profiles of the Designer?

Because I know it's currently possible to copy the Locations DAT file without many clicks...

Sure! If you want to keep your information safe, do not publish it on the Internet ;)

Touché :D This means not...

In this digital world any information can be copied. Therefore, if you are afraid that your location will be copied, then there is simple advice: do not publish it on the Internet.

But if you know how to entertain people, if you are a talented DJ, if you are just a nice guy and love and want to communicate with people, then be sure that there will be a crowd of people at your parties!  B)

Discuss it further is pointless because if they don't change their opinion or do something against this there will be no way to keep our private creations safe.

But I think also something like encryption will be very difficult and we need to life with how it is...

Don't understand me wrong... In my opinion is stealing of creations very wrong and very reprehensible and I do not agree with them but we as members can't do anything :wacko: :(

That statement is a double edge sword because the actual file itself if it does what most servers do puts a creation date and time stamp on it just as it does when you same it to your computer as well as modification.  I'm not sure if the devs can recall that information or if it gets deleted along the way. I know for myself and many other we save what changes we do to our rooms on our own hard drive as well as a back up should something happen.

So I incorporated THX's bullet train with my club, from his download that he made available to all on forums and also with me asking permission to use it. So what happens when someone visits his bullet train but then goes to my room totally unaware that It was free to download and use because that person is not a forum member, so is unaware of all the shit storm. Is it ok for them to then gather a mob proclaiming me as a cheat and a thief even though I am not because I had permission, but they are unaware of that? 

It's up to the devs to do something about it, but with the speed of things happening in the past, don,t hold your breath on it sorted soon.

And how do you prove that the file attributes haven't been edited?

You wouldnt open the file when you sent it as proof.. I believe it would remain the date it was saved at - unless I'm incorrect. At least mine are.

Level 1 proof: Ex: Dear Dev, enclosed you will find 3 files. The last, one from 1/12/2018 and the other two from 12/31/17 and the first save on 12/26/17.

Level 1 ban: 1 week.

So say there is still a question of ownership. Then on to level 2.

Level 2: Now automatic ban to whoever is caught lying for a month).

Opening the file would verify the content and level of progress I would think. A screenshot of the progress at that level would be pretty solid proof along with a short discription. Things a thief would not know.

For instance:

Dear Dev. "You will see a screenshot of level of created content. You will see I made a tent and a pool... yadda yadda yadda." Second file has a flying dildo ridden by a unicorn. And the final has my name at spot X under the fountain if you move it. Things only a creator knows. Matter of fact, hiding you name and location should be proof one perhaps.

I'm free thinking this based on having stuff stolen in the past. In those situatons I had a hidden identifying mark on my textures and would report theft to World Ops for investigation. I will use the hidden mark method as proof should they allow uploaded textures (I hope).

Maybe hidden name, mark symbol could be first line of proof, I dunno.

No software will ever beat human involvement.

Anyway, caught stealing multiple times - total ban.

I must admit, I never considered theft in a world without a micro economy would become a big thing. This could become an even bigger deal if places could be transfered to another Unity world where there is a micro economy and real money could be made. I hesitate saying this cause I'm sure the thieves arnt this full of forsight, but it can become an even bigger problem.

I doubt Sexy Devil will be able to avoid addressing this forever. Sooner or later they will be forced too.

How about we all have to pay to open a room. Like 10000 Gold or sumthin, No thief will bother. Eets a win win, Devs make more money, Less sheety rooms :P No orgy Rooms coz those peeps are lazier than a Sloth on Cracks. :P No  Foolins XD

So fewer rooms, less thieves, more money fo tha Devs. Pay ta Host. Eets tha way of tha future.

No shaming low lifes coz, wilps eets better when there are no consequences fo ya actions and best swept under tha rug. Then youll get more of these awesome types of peeps roaming and pillaging all tha sheet they wants coz eets on da interwebs and that's how da interwebs rollz YO! So deal with eets. 

Plus wif all these low lifes invading 3DX all da good builders, all tha peacocks as some peeps calls them will trot off coz thay not getting tha RespeKT and security fo their palaces and well be left with Default rooms and Orgy Deserts.

Ah sees eet now, a wasteland of stand arounders and every room being tha same, same props, same designs, same 50 beds stolen and re opened 100 times bah tha cream of da crop, tha most valued customer here, tha 1 monther thieving don't give a sheet colder sex addict desert spawn dweller hoo is a protected species coz like they have sooo much to offer.

BlaaaarG, take action make this place how ya want eet to be, protest, bang signs and throw smoke and tell tha Devs....

"What da we want, Stolen Content and when..........oops, What da we want, Security and When do we want eet, YESTERDAY!!!"   

giphy.gif

LOL anyways 10000 Gold ta open a room eets da way of tha footcha! :P

You wouldnt open the file when you sent it as proof.. I believe it would remain the date it was saved at - unless I'm incorrect. At least mine are.

Level 1 proof: Ex: Dear Dev, enclosed you will find 3 files. The last, one from 1/12/2018 and the other two from 12/31/17 and the first save on 12/26/17.

The date proves nothing. The date can be edited. That is the whole point of my comment.

The date proves nothing. The date can be edited. That is the whole point of my comment.

An  edited date - even if that occurred isn't the original file and wouldn't match previous content versions. It could only be edited from the current stolen copy and any changes wouldn't be the same content as the older files. :rolleyes:

It would be useless to edit.