3DXChat Community

Girls who are guys who are girls who are guys who are...

Guest ameliaUK

Seriously though, if it's that important to find out if the rl behind a given avi is male or female why not ask the question 'what would you put on the bartbecue?'

A male rl would drive a hundred mile round trip to a farmer called Bill to buy the best 16oz 28 day aged steaks in the county/state.

A female rl wouid pop out and pick up the best fish she can from the local fishmonger or market, maybe from the man in a van who comes round on Tuesdays, then marinate it in olive oil, white wine, herbs and garlic.

Well, I like marinated steak kebabs with mushrooms and citrus glazed salmon kebabs with pineapple and shrimps.

My brother doesn’t eat red meat at all and is a pescatarian... so I’m gonna assume that this post was facetious in nature cause you can’t be serious.

Never buy meat from a guy in a van.

It’s OK Briana, not all white van men are rogues. My man with a van buys his fish from the boats when they dock the night before. Seriously fresh and scrummy.

Personally I think gender only matters if you're trying to make a baby, but there's going to be a point in time where that won't even matter with gene splicing and DNA research going on. Pretty soon we'll have machine incubators (Matrix human farms inc.) and won't even have the need for a female to grow fetus to babyhood... at that point the lines will be even more blurred.  Sure... men/women are more predisposed to having certain traits... but if you really want to be something there isn't much that can stop you from doing it now aside from predetermined genetic history and even that is going to change sometime.  

Point is... if you like playing with someone and you enjoy what you're seeing on the screen. Why bother trying to figure out what the person that's behind it looks like? They may send you a picture with their screen name on it or get on voice chat or actually get on a webcam to show they're actually a man/woman/anything inbetween. That's nice of them, but not everyone is going to do that .Say... if there was like a sentient hedgehog that'd learned how to type and seemed to enjoy the human form, and then you found out that he was a hedgehog and not an actual person after roleplaying/have pixelated sex/or whatever else you do on 3Dx with them Would you judge them harshly? Before you found out was the roleplay/pixel sex fun? Did you enjoy it?  So knowing that they aren't what they're portrayed as on the screen changed that somehow... that knowledge of who they actually are warped how you perceive them.  It doesn't change that it you'd already gotten something you enjoyed from them.  Maybe that enhances things for you... maybe it doesn't.  If it does, fine! That's you, it's who ya are, but there are others that it doesn't matter to at all.  Maybe they should let you know what they actually are, maybe it's better to just stay ignorant of whatever they happen to be.  I know people say that this isn't a dating site and people say it's a fantasy land.  There are those that aren't going agree with any of this and I'm sure this post has been made at least a hundred times before on this forum. I've talked on this subject before here in the past too.  I get where people WANT to know. Personally I don't care too much.  

As for the actual question on hand... No.  Just because someone has an avatar of the opposite gender doesn't mean that they're secretly that gender.  I'm just of the mind that none of it actually matters unless you plan on going to wherever they are and making the aforementioned baby with them.. If you want to get into a longterm 3Dx relationship with someone maybe they should know if they care or maybe it's just your personality they're fond of. Personality types aren't gender specific either, there's tons of effeminate men that are straight and tons of manly women like men too... All I'm saying is just go easy on people that don't tell anyone what they are and may play as the opposite sex.  It's all in your head anyway... what you're imagining is what turns you on so if you imagine you're doing it with the woman that you see on the screen then let it ride don't worry about who it actually is or who's driving it.  If you've gotta know the pilot... then that's on you these days as far as I'm concerned.

Guest ameliaUK

As for the actual question on hand... No.  Just because someone has an avatar of the opposite gender doesn't mean that they're secretly that gender.  I'm just of the mind that none of it actually matters unless you plan on going to wherever they are and making the aforementioned baby with them.. If you want to get into a longterm 3Dx relationship with someone maybe they should know if they care or maybe it's just your personality they're fond of. Personality types aren't gender specific either, there's tons of effeminate men that are straight and tons of manly women like men too... All I'm saying is just go easy on people that don't tell anyone what they are and may play as the opposite sex.  It's all in your head anyway... what you're imagining is what turns you on so if you imagine you're doing it with the woman that you see on the screen then let it ride don't worry about who it actually is or who's driving it.  If you've gotta know pilot... then that's on you these days as far as I'm concerned.

Except this wasn't the question.

Again, I know that players with an alt of the opposite sex may not be that gender.

My question was about players who play as girls 95% of the time but have a male alt that openly states that they are guys in real life, and whether this increases the chance that they are actually guys irl.

My question was about players who play as girls 95% of the time but have a male alt that openly states that they are guys in real life, and whether this increases the chance that they are actually guys irl.

In a way you've answered your own question, if they've said so somewhere then they probably are. Is that really what you're asking? Like one of the big things round here seems to be people using avi's of other genders to mislead people they get close to. I recall somebody saying that they'd got close to someone who turned out to have another avi that was married. That to me feels wrong, but is teh kind of stuff that happens.

Is that the direction you're going in? The vast majority of people in 3dx are actually male rl. This is typical. I suppose if comes back to the same thing, if it's that important for your 3dx enjoyment then you have to try and trust your own judgement. You won't always be right, you may get hurt but isn;t that better than constantly worrying?

Sorry if I've gone off track for you, just thinking, that's all.

The short answer to your question is no. The reason is simple: People rewrite their profiles all the time, but their rl sex never changes. So, no matter what any player writes in the profiles of multiple alts, the chance that they are actually a guy irl never changes.  Please don't think I am being sarcastic. I am sincerely trying to point out that your question has a logical flaw, and I am not sure what you are trying to ask. 

We all tell lies here. Some of us tell bigger, more hurtful lies, and tell them more often than others. But we all do it. So if it is important to you to know about a particular individual, ask them. If they refuse to prove to you what their gender is by Skyping or meeting in person, then you know that you can never be sure if they are telling the truth or not and act accordingly. But that doesn't make them untrustworthy and neither that nor anything they write in their profile will change the chances that they are male irl. 

All Tell lies here!? Mostly time I say the truth here and also in game,(Except in my roleplay if you don't ask cuz I play for the fun to roleplay a rock 'n' roll girl doing sex on Led Zep)  Anyway, another who make general statement .Pfff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW_WLxseq0o

Why ppl's don't play the game the way it must be? For the fun it may occur, and not in a serious way it could become by always looking for rl met?

It's mainly for that reason i decided to never comeback ,tired been asked what gender i am and what my real life is.(Sorry for my friends hopping of my comeback)

Fuck it

Speak for yourself, Sagie! I never tell lies ............................... ummm, errrrr

Different people play 3dx in different ways. At one extreme you get people for whom it is all role play with no connection at all to who they really are, a bit like method acting without the checks and balances method actors put in to stop themselves going totally doolally. Then there are people, I suppose I'm one, who play as close to their rl selves as possible so 3dx becomes a bit more like going to the pub with your friends. If somebody like me gets close to somebody at the other end of the spectrum then the outcome can be really, really painful. Does that make the person who did the hurting a bad person. Probably not but in the context of 3dx they are. Does the blame lie with the person who's been hurt, certainly not. We all, I think, owe a duty of care to others, both in real life and in 3dx.

When push comes to shove we all hope, and most of the time it happens, that people we meet in game will behave as pretty sensible decent human beings. We can't completely stop ourselves getting hurt but with a little common sense all round the risk can be reduced and traumatic outcomes can be reduced.

So it's OK to play as a different gender but I think it's a must to come clean if the relationship is likely to cause hurt in someone's real life. Is that why it's important for some people to know? The risk that they may get hurt? That is fair enough. If you feel you need to find out then I think it's clear the relationship is doomed, even if it's a simple friendship. In that situation it needs to be got out into the open and talked about, honestly and not in character.

I know quite a few men IRL that think women have it made and get everything. I say its a case of "the grass is greener". Here they get to play the fantasy. I know quite a few "straight" girls and it is much easier for them to get laid than men (the mens biggest moan). Maybe they (men) would like earning 30% less because thats how much women here get for doing the same job. Of course, that doesn't matter here with my job (nude dancer). They only place you can go to see nude men dance is the local gay bar, somehow I don't think straight men or women would care to go there. JSG knew quite a few women in 3DX that played as men because they just wanted to watch and not be constantly spammed with fuck requests.

Except this wasn't the question.

Again, I know that players with an alt of the opposite sex may not be that gender.

Hi,

Interesting discussion.  On-line gaming is unique in that, mostly, you can be who and what (in some cases) you want; that is the appeal.  What IS unique is the high incidence of males playing as a female Avi.  (A few years ago Linden Labs, parent company of Second life, posted data showing 85% of female avatars had males behind the keyboard).  There are numerous articles about this but data shows most female Avis have a male sitting behind the keyboard.  It also shows most are heterosexual, middle aged males, not gay or trans.

In sims that age and sex verify they will go to astounding acts to hide their true gender such as having a female family member or friend do the verification for them.  For many of these you will never know their true gender unless they tell you.  

For people who have multiple alts (I never run more than one myself) I don't think having one or another is proof of one gender or another.   I know women who run male Avitars but have a female stuck in the box for those times they want that, same as guys.    If they are honest they will tell you if asked.

If you're worried your male/female partner/friend may not really be who they claim; ask ... but honestly if they want to deceive you then they can and will.  It's kind of a sad part of on-line gaming

In sims that age and sex verify they will go to astounding acts to hide their true gender such as having a female family member or friend do the verification for them.  For many of these you will never know their true gender unless they tell you.  

---
Well, in today's digital world you can try to "fake" it pretty easy, you mentioned 2nd Life, I have played that before. Did you know you cam pay to be a female even have a female voice in the game, if hooked up to their voice chat? You can buy on the internet a morphing program that takes your Skype, Discord, Ventrilo, Teamspeak or any other microphone input and outputs a very (almost undetectable) speech morph to the program so you can sound like a female, male, robot or alien. So talking to someone over the internet is not a guarantee they are the gender who they say they are.  Not naming names, there are some that think I am not a real person and myself and my wife are the same person,and we are not female at all, and that we exist in some twisted persons mind. What I say to that, its just another of their troll fantasies. I/We have no reason to 'prove' it as they would just think that's fake to. Sad really..

The only thing you can do is not let it bother you. Its also the reason I have never played 3DX and my now wife JSG stopped playing it. There are quite a few in 3DX that know that I am real and so is my darling life partner. In my humble opinion, I don't see how a male (or female) can 'fake' being the opposite sex. You would have no real reference what it would be like. Your upbringing and child/teen experiences would be so totally different. You could try to get an idea by reading about it in womens or mens magazines or your own experiences. But that surely doesn't give you a understanding of what its like to truly be a woman (or a man). And you really shouldn't care.

I know quite a few men IRL that think women have it made and get everything. I say its a case of "the grass is greener". Here they get to play the fantasy. I know quite a few "straight" girls and it is much easier for them to get laid than men (the mens biggest moan). Maybe they (men) would like earning 30% less because thats how much women here get for doing the same job. Of course, that doesn't matter here with my job (nude dancer). They only place you can go to see nude men dance is the local gay bar, somehow I don't think straight men or women would care to go there. JSG knew quite a few women in 3DX that played as men because they just wanted to watch and not be constantly spammed with fuck requests.

That earning 30% less figure is bullshit. If that was the case and I was a business owner I would only employ women if I could pay them all 30% less. The fact is, that you can't, it is illegal. There are many factors to take into account when factoring in the earnings gap, namely women take larger breaks out of their careers for child birth. Women in general are less aggressive when it comes to negotiating pay-rises or a promotion. There are many men and women at the top of big companies, but these are usually crazy, self-driven people, who have sacrificed family and a social life to be at the very top of the corporate ladder and being the richest people in the cemetery.

And your last point to your second post. You are basically saying that there shouldn't be transgender people, that people who see themselves a woman trapped in a mans body, or vice versa shouldn't 'fake' being the opposite sex because they have no references to actually being the opposite sex.

Check a few government stats, Mulan, whether it be UK, UK (whoops US) or wherever. You will see that on average women end up being paid less for the same job  - maybe about 30%. The reason? Who really knows but some recent research suggests that it is because women tend to push for things other than basic salary on entering a job.

I think we've seen, with the collapse of several big companies in the UK, that the men in charge of these concerns are paid huge salaries with carazy exit terms and stil preside over failure.

I have no idea what Milan said because he is on block list, but I assume he was being a troll again. It is public record here in New Zealand that on average a woman is paid 30% less for the same job. HERE (this is not the USA) it is illegal to discriminate based on gender, but it IS NOT illegal to pay a woman less. The general thinking here is , you offer a salary for a job, if they don't like it they can go someplace else. It has been proven men are offered more, (even with more money going out it is still only a stuffed shirt British boys club here, business would rather hire men even if it costs more)  but there is no law against that, only one on discrimination in hiring practices, and they never really get anywhere with that (company is rich you aren't)

I take advantage of this while I'm young. I may strip naked and dance for men but I know I will have a job for at least the next 20 years. It pays enough (especially when rich bastards are there) that I can sock quite a bit of dosh away, and my wife does the same thing we will be set in 20.

All due to the fact that men love to see naked women showing their boobs and vagina on a stage, and we make them pay for it.

All this gender-bashing lately here has got me thinking so I've decided to start a new thread for some more frank exchanges of opinion, as this is something that I have often wondered about. But please, keep it niiiice :D

We all know that many girls in 3dxchat are, in fact, not girls at all. That is hardly front page news for a Sunday morning.

However, I am curious to know something. Does a 'girl' (as in a female avi) having a secret male alt automatically mean that 'girl' is in fact a guy in real life? And more than that, if that 'girl' has a secret male alt whose profile says something like 'I'm a guy from Spain' or 'I'm an undergraduate male blah blah' does that more or less make it a dead cert that 'she' is really a guy, even more than simply having a secret male alt?

What do people think?

(And I'm pretty sure I may have had a male alt at one time just out of interest, so I know full well that sometimes girls do experiment with male alts without actually being male irl.) But I'm wondering about the majority really.

I don't think that a girl having a secret male avi necessarily means the owner is a guy in real life, depends on the circumstances.

For example if you find out that male avi has loads of gifts, and from the same people that the same persons female avi has them from, then I think you have more reason for concern.

Every female avi is under doubt in the game to some extent, and some show things that lead to more doubt.

Something like having a secret male avi will only add to that doubt, note that you said secret male avi as lots do have male avis for different reasons but are not kept secret.

The other thing that I don't think anyone has mentioned in this thread yet is that if a person has a female avi they play most with and a male avi which shows something in their profile to say they are a male as you said.

If they have everyone believing that with their female avi that it is a female behind the keyboard, then they are either way doing the wrong thing by people.

If in real life the person is a guy then with the female avi they are lying to people, if the person is a girl then they are lying to people when they play the male avi.

man that is a woman or woman that is a man... uff who cares? I'm here to meet new people, and to have fun with them. I talk to them, not with their bodies. if you like talking to them how important is the gender ? you can be what you want. if I'm ok to talk to you the rest is not important to me.

it's a game.

irl i love women, their bodies and their way of being. here everyone can pretend what she/he wants to be. but this is the game. think about playing and have fun!