3DXChat Community

Aligning created parts

shorty

I was wonder if there is an easy way of aligning my created parts?  Really a pain to get proper alignment of parts so there is no LINE showing. Any help is appreciated.

Really time consuming to do it. I could be dancing or laying on the beach smiles

Sometimes gets very disgusted and do thinks like below photo ROFL

Shorty

post-8811-0-29682800-1516372189_thumb.png

You can't align elements but you should always build walls based on grid

Tip: Set your grid to 0.125, 0.25, 0.5 or 1 so then everything will align nicely.

However WorldEditor has a bug which moves and rotate a tiny bit some small element depending on their position and angle... Probably an error with decimal values...

Ok this tha way to get no lines. Listen up soldier, stand to attention and pay attention, ill say dis once and then youll go practice until ya hands bleed.

When building a wall that joins to another wall for instance, a 90 degree corner, ie an L shape as in pics.

Make your snap to grid values, 0.125 for smaller moves or 0.25 for larger moves. Best to keep this value tha same thru entire build so tings line up with older tings you have made. Ah use 0.125.

Enable both snapping tools.

1. Make tha first wall, Plonk!

2. Copy that wall, Zwoop!

3. Select tool shown in pic.Click!

4. Click and hold tha green dot. Doink!

5. Drag to the right. Swoosh!

6. Click tha red dot and do tha same. Doink!

You have a join with No Lines. Shazzams!

You can build this way for mostly everyting and you can also put one object ( if they use tha same texture) into another slightly and have no line if this way isn't appropriate.

Read tha Help tool  everyting is there.

Now hut 2 3 4 move ya bunnz Recruit!!

• 2 weeks later...