3DXChat Community

The THings Men Do Wrong in 3dx Chat

Guest Ciera

I think most would look at your post much like I see it, rather disgusting.

People just have a different sense of humour. It is not representive of anyone (mostly). It is just mocking the stereotype of an extremist feminist. Like you and Ciera like to have fun stereotyping men. I have fun stereotyping women, but when it is directed towards women, it is no longer lighthearted anymore. At least have some consistency. You maybe had a point the the Rape topic and people could sympathise where Rob supported you, but since then there have been more topics and people with common sense (like Rob) have been able to see through your bullshit, claiming victim hood all the time and blaming men for all of 3DX’s problems.

I really am disappointed. The vignette actually took some time to write, probably rather longer than the silly memes did. I worked quite hard to include gentle humour, considerable affection towards men and emotional warmth. I think I succeeded.

These people trolling with their memes are like the kids who spray canned a penis on a poster for the Macmillan Cancer Charity on a bus stop in town the other day.

Let's be real, it's mainly men playing this game, lol. Even "women" ingame are usually men irl. So likelihood when a woman does the whole "mmm" *pose swap 5x* it's still probably a dude.

In the end, both sexes can/do do it. Don't know if only 1 can be worse than the other. I know that in my experience men are usually more aggressive to try and take what they want and when denied, get really pissed. That's not really a "feminine" thing women do. Just my thoughts.

People just have a different sense of humour. It is not representive of anyone (mostly). It is just mocking the stereotype of an extremist feminist. Like you and Ciera like to have fun stereotyping men. I have fun stereotyping women, but when it is directed towards women, it is no longer lighthearted anymore. At least have some consistency. You maybe had a point the the Rape topic and people could sympathise where Rob supported you, but since then there have been more topics and people with common sense (like Rob) have been able to see through your bullshit, claiming victim hood all the time and blaming men for all of 3DX’s problems.

Where do you get off calling me a feminist, let alone an extreme feminist.

I have said nothing in these forums to give anyone that impression, you have jumped to the wrong conclusion there.

I often stick up for men, and have done so in these forums when women have said things like "fucking men, they are all the same".

I have many more male friends in real life than I do female friends and will say what I have also said in these forums many times before, most men are just as kind and compassionate as women.

The things I talk about in thee forums is where there are so many men in 3DXChat doing things that are disrespectful to women.

In comparison to real life there is a far higher percentage of men that are like that in 3DXChat.

You Mulan have a problem, you see any women complaining about any little thing with guys and you straight off go on the attack by calling them feminist.

There are quite a number of guys in 3DXChat that are not very considerate towards women, real women that play the game.

That is in my opinion about 20 to 25% of the player base, which is much higher than it is in real life.

Plus as the game makes it so you very much have anonymity the effect they each have on the game is even higher than that in real life, where it is much easier to spot and avoid them.

These same players also have an effect on other men with their games, but as a women I will stick to talking about the effect it has had on me.

In the game almost all the people that are on my friends list are guys, it got so I had very little trust in female avis in the game.

So many that I thought to be good friends turned out to be guys in real life.

Now you may think that is no big deal, but to not only a lot of women, but also a lot of men in the game it is.

There are the rooms and what people are calling them, they are not only repulsive to women but also to a lot of men in the game.

Yet if we come in these forums and try to pint that out, or even mention it in the game we get called feminist by the masculinists in the game such as yourself.

Can I refer both Briana and Mulan to RobPathfinder's fantastic response to my original post. Now that is very, very funny and is a brilliant representation of the the stuff we humans do. Do they notice that the 'me' character is rather cynical and maybe didn't give the poor sod a chance? Surely there's plenty of scope to produce something as funny as RobPathfinder's in that?

So - pick up on that challenge and write something really, really funny that makes my efforts look feeble.

Here's a short one that really made me giggle when it happenned, the guy was lovely about it but it did rather change the moment.

Him: strokes Ciera's long blonde hair as it tumbles down her back to her buttocks.

CIera: mmm, that's nice but I'm a red head in both rl and here

Him:Him: strokes Ciera's long red hair as it tumbles down her back to her buttocks.

Ciera: Do I detect copy and paste sex?

Him: Damn! You got me there

Funny story, and I have seen and heard quite a lot of similar ones.

I guess the only thing that does not fit, Ciera, is the post title: 'The things men do wrong in 3dx', as there is a 'some', 'many' or a 'can' missing. Without that people can tend to see this as a generalization which leads exactly to what followed in your thread. And you can't even tell that they do it wrong that way, only that this way will not work with you and a lot of other girls in game.

I guess the way how even advertisement and media propagate the gender wars in RL has sensitized a lot of men and woman. I would prefer that men and women meet each other with respect, especially regarding the differences, and the first step might be to be careful with the words and sentences we choose in our communication. I guess it was not your intention to generalize this, but the post title might read that way

Kisses

Zokora

I really love you post Ceria.

As some say, this world include a lot of variaty in the bahaviour and what make people "excited / connected ...".

You also have people that love just the pose sequence and do silent sex which is still much more less exciting that the story you descibre with talent.

But I agree with Zokora, the title miss a mitigating term (some, often ....) and I do not know if it is a question of langage (I am french) but with a direct translation in french your title sounds as a generalisation and even if I understand it is not your goal, this is how it sounds.

Did you even read her 1st post? How the hell did it turn into this? 

This is EXACTLY why people should be able to moderate their own posts!

BTW do you even know what a feminist is? Apparently not.

As a small panda I find the biggest mistakes men make is waking me up from my slumber. Last night for example I was just about to settle down with a mug of cocoa, some toast and honey, and snuggle under my favourite blanket to watch Newsnight. There I was happily munching away on my toast and honey when I was rudely disturbed by a man called Sage or Mister or 'daddy'? Seems he was in the pool with mum and they were making a bit of a racket. I'm not very happy about this. So men, please. If you must get with mum, can you take her somewhere else! Also, if you must 'pet' me can you be gentle - I'm a panda, not your comfort blanket!

/me smiles at Deeborah and Zokora.

Yeah you're right I should have given more thought to the title. I simply didn't think it would be neccessary. All I wanted was to allow men and women to have a giggle at some of the things men do and conversely for men and women to have a giggle at some of the things women do. That is like a million miles away from from what Mulan seems to be seeing. Maybe the male characters in the vignettes are too close to how he sees himself?

Basically I'm a bit miffed about this because I put quite a lot of work in to the original post only to find the usual suspects deliberately misconstruing what I am trying to say and then trying to batter me with it. OMG some people sooooooo need a sense of humour transplant.

And before anybody accuses me of climbing the moral high hill I was going to do one where the 'me' character does something stupid. It's not coming easily at all because the 'him' character is too much like my rl husband and doesn't yet fit the 'me' character who I'm hoping will come out like the woman who's 'filing her nails as they're dragging the lake' as Elvis Costello sings.  I love that image even though she's obviously not a very nice person, so I fancy having her get her comuppance.

Oh dear, here we go again. I suppose in a way it is in line with the topic in that it is a reflection of the daft stuff people do.

• 1 month later...

I thought of this one earlier - while I'm goign to build humour in to it, it is actually quite a serious post.

Ok - If you're sitting on the end of the pier at the beach, mindign your own business, when a guy comes along and plonks himself down beside you and doesn't say anything. That's really creepy. A bit liek if you'r on teh bus on a quiet trip, liek just you and an elderly lady with her shoppign trolley. This guy gets on and sits next to you when there's like 40 other seats available. Now if he said 'can I sit next to you, the old biddy is giving me death stares and I'm firghtenned?' you'd think teh guy was being a daft and had a sense of humour so you might start a conversation with him. It'd certainly show he's realised he has to explain a decision to sit next to you in a way that would overcome any creepy feeling.

So guys, you see soembody you like the look of sitting on their own anywhere - just make the effort because looks alone don't convey wit, charm or anything much.