• Techno
    • Progressive House
    • Deep House
    • Minimal
    • Hardcore/Hardstyle
    • Neurofunk
    • Dubstep
    • Nu Disco

So basically talking with Mikey about this, main thing about DJing is entertaining the crowd and not allowing our taste to demand what is played. So a couple of us are wanting to know what genre you prefer over others. I would give examples of each Genre but myself I am Bias as I may dislike one and have little to no knowledge of good tracks in it as a love for another would allow me to post better work, swaying opinions so not going to do that.I also know they is a What Do You Want to Hear on DJ Nights thread but is is loaded down with most 3 peoples opinions and mass amounts of YT vids, I rather have a collected organized poll. Feel Free to pick several as well and if I missed on you like please say so in a thread and I will add it :)

I remember no such conversation but I was drunkish :P Ok ok I remember :)

Very good post, under replied though, so come on, you want music... speak your mind.

For me it's:

Dubstep (Melodic/Uplifting/Brutal/Energised)

Drum and Bass (Liquid/Techstep/Darkstep/Oldschool)

Trance(Progressive/Vocal/Uplifting)

House (Progressive/Deep/Funky/Chilled/Backroom)

And then:

Electro, Glitchhop, Techhouse

And for those moments when I feel super special:

Hardstyle (can only take flat bass for so long)

Hardcore (see above)

Rave (have to be in the mood)

And then my Rock, Alternative and Metal days :)

Come on people let's get posting.

To me it is never about one genre rather how they are blended together and the underlining themes. Take a sensual funk themed LDnB mix or a Dubstep and Neurofunk mix that blend each genre over an energetic underlining theme. To me hours of one Genre gets old fast, I love how some amazing DJs build their mixes up at first with Trance, Deep House and Nu Disco, winding it up and setting it on fire latter with Progressive house to only blow it up with Hardcore, than dropping it back down later. Just lets you swim through so many emotions in one set. Its like a dance or sex, only one layer it gets boring fast

This is too true and sometimes the strangest mix of music just does wonders. I was busy with a major work project on Sunday and I found this mix which just too me somewhere else and I got lost in the music. I finished without even realizing that I had finished and wanted to share it: This is the most chilled and relaxing progressive house mix you will ever hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAEijyfNRVw