3DXChat Community

New computer, 2k Monitor, GPU Load 90 - 100% :(

Alieth

Hey guys, i'm wrote to Lisa in private about this but since i still didn't got no answers i'm looking for help here making a new thread about it :(

Basically i got a brand new pc, a pretty good one that makes the games run like crazy so i've dowloaded 3DXChat to try how cool it will look on a 2k monitor :D .

So when i've opened 3DXChat and i've checked at the task manager because i saw some sort of lag and my GPU Load was always full at 90-100% , even in the Login Menu without actually doing anything. When i'm in game it works pretty fine but i really don't understand all this memory load on the graphic cards, plus i've tried to put all the specs to minimum and put the resolution down but that didn't changed much.

I've tried other games too like Warframe, Nier: Automata or The witcher 3 but the gpu load doesn't even reach the 50 in some occasions.

Can you please help me figure this out :( ?

I've attacched a dxdiag in case you guys are more expert and might need it.

DxDiag.txt

The game work perfectly on my computer , and it's not an overpowered one . When i bough it , a friend gave me a link to know what need to be removed onwindows 10 , eating a lot of memory , maybe it's what is causing your problems. Though , i don't remember the link so try "what i need to remove in windows 10" in your browser

I will contribute with a very simple information as I am not at all an expert.

I play 3dx on 2 computer wich have a very very different level of power.

One is tablet suface from microsoft (so correct but not very powerfull with no very powerfull graphic card) and one is a laptop with very powerfull graphic card (less than 1 year)...

And on 2 computer, the game run very similarly, the usage of cpu is high (not huge like you have but high very often 30% or more in permanent), for the same graphic setup the fps is similar.

So 3dx uses in general more cpu than an other game and/or application and this independently from the material itself.

I have consdidered than being a software developped by a very small team, this was the simple reason for this and optimsing the game would maybe require a lovel of work that the DEV team has not.

Not a critic but a fact.

The game work perfectly on my computer , and it's not an overpowered one . When i bough it , a friend gave me a link to know what need to be removed onwindows 10 , eating a lot of memory , maybe it's what is causing your problems. Though , i don't remember the link so try "what i need to remove in windows 10" in your browser

Trust me i removed all i could from my windows 10 to make it run as smoothly as possible, but the problem it's still there and doesn't make sense that happens only to this game compared to the big ones.

it's not just u, i have the same thing on a card which handles anything else perfectly fine and does not behave this way apart from this new version of 3dx. like urself, i noticed that when doing nothing with nothing to process, the gpu is operating at close to 100% (usually about 96-98%) i did make a thread about it and suggested that there may be a coding error in the backend causing this illogical resource grab for no reason (i can understand when it has something to do, but when nothing is happening it seems extremely odd because that is just not how gpu's are supposed to operate) but when i suggested this i was howled down by several people and accused of having a sub-standard graphics card which i disagree with, was told it is normal and that the game was basically so lovely this was to be expected, however i decided that since i experience no lag, very few crashes and can run two games plus extras all at once (this and rlc plus netflix concurrently with no visual issues even with 3dx on the max settings, only this very odd 3dx GPU-hogging issue) i would just leave it, even though i still think there is an error occurring. be prepared to be told ur card is sub-standard, this behaviour is normal etc etc.

*edit; like urself i changed all settings from high, stepping down to minimum to test, checking each time, and the load stayed the same regardless of what settings it used, so it doesn't seem to have any connection to settings or rendering.

The fact is that this "error" or behavior, call it how you want it, doesn't happen on my laptop that got a GTX 860M so i think it's something related to the unity engine that lacks from some resource from this actual computer and use it all from my GPU.

I'll wait for an answer from the bigshots ^^ maybe after the holydays !

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i've monitored both pc and it seems the laptop it's having the same problem too so i blame the New Editor update :P, it made the game too heavy to be handled with a 32 bit launcher and i agreed with people that request it.

That 64-bit patch does help, but it also has issues with music in the game because it's based off the old launcher with the music bug still intact. So you will likely have issues with hearing room music and also issues with people not hearing your stream. 

Having a mid to low powered graphics card will also cause a lot of load on your GPU. I would suggest a Geforce 960 at a minimum (which is the lower end of a mid range card). If you have anything lower than this, it's gonna bog that GPU down quite heavily.  If you have an 800 series or below you are a few years behind in terms of hardware. 

That happens, the game do indeed loads up all of your GPU memory and most of your rams if it could, I had the issue as well with having 60%+ CPU load as well, thing is how people "Sleep" with their partner and leave the PC on over night, I'm sure as hell I don't want to be in that rig's place.

I think this post it's not having the best attention tho, I mean, the engine's game is overloading with resources that doesn't need and doesn't even strike the 30fps at some point or in some rooms, depending on what are you watching with the camera.

Drops to 15-20 fps when you look at a crowd dancing and returning to 60 fluid when you look only at your character in a room with no light, even with all the details at Low.

I run other games so smoothly like: Batman Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, DOOM, Dying Light, Rise of the Tomb Rider, Nier: Automata ( and this one got a very shitty port to PC).

I played this game since 2 years now and i've never seen so much instability and people doesn't seems to care at all besides the few that responded here.

Please developers, this game got so heavy with this World Editor you introduced, it's a great update but it's also having problems, please fix it.

I think this post it's not having the best attention tho, I mean, the engine's game is overloading with resources that doesn't need and doesn't even strike the 30fps at some point or in some rooms, depending on what are you watching with the camera.

Drops to 15-20 fps when you look at a crowd dancing and returning to 60 fluid when you look only at your character in a room with no light, even with all the details at Low.

I run other games so smoothly like: Batman Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, DOOM, Dying Light, Rise of the Tomb Rider, Nier: Automata ( and this one got a very shitty port to PC).

I played this game since 2 years now and i've never seen so much instability and people doesn't seems to care at all besides the few that responded here.

Please developers, this game got so heavy with this World Editor you introduced, it's a great update but it's also having problems, please fix it.

it's not that no one cares, it's that people have complained about it for years and nothing has been done. 

• 2 weeks later...

it's not that no one cares, it's that people have complained about it for years and nothing has been done.

Exactly this.

Either the devs don't care or are not able to fix it or the code is already broken beyond repair.

Who knows why. It's not like speak to the community.

• 2 weeks later...

Set your frame rate to 30 or 60. If you set to unlimited... your computer will be working very hard.

Like we didn't tried that already, plus it's no justification for this lack of improvement, they don't update for months and they made it worst with this update -.- doesn't make no sense since this game isn't free

I don't get why they still don't care or don't even fix anything that is wrong with this game, it's not like they are underpaid or the game it's free, with this amount of paying players and an engine that is not that big deal to master i still don't get it.