3DXChat Community

Hot-Keyed Gizmos - Worst Idea Ever?

DireTeddyBear

The hot-keys attached to the gizmos drive my fookin' crazy. Every time you move the camera, it chooses a different gizmo on you.

Does ANYONE use the hot-keys to select a gizmo?

If these are going to remain, could they at least be changed then so they aren't the same damned keys that move the camera??

I use the hotkeys mainly just to speed up building. When using the camera to move around and such, it's not too hard to just hit the hotkey for the tool again, which are W = Move Tool, E = Rotate Tool, R = Scale Tool, U = Resize Tool.

I find that in order to activate the hot key for gizmos i have to double tap them, when I push and hold W A S D that's when the camera moves. Not having to click the buttons every time makes it so much smoother to edit imo :o

Now, what I have been having a problem with is the camera turning completely upside down when I'm zoomed into an object and then try to move it slightly >.<

Also, making the duplication hot key one of the movement keys is another huge problem. It's very common the end up with 6-7 or even more duplicates when trying to move objects along with the camera.

Seriously, and then having the Ctrl key be used to select multiple items, just creates duplicates all over the place. I just cleaned up over 8000 duplicate items because of this. Because if you are selecting multiple items and moving the camera you can't help but create duplicates everywhere.