3DXChat Community

Sharing Deco rights

Jenelleama

Has there been any thought about being able to share deco rights with another person so they could be involved in building a home for them to share?

If you mean being in World Editor at the same time and decoing with another at the same time - I don't think it can be done.

I could be wrong, but I think this would need to be addressed at the Unity developers level. Not sure, but I don't think Sexy Devil could do this. Would be great however if they could.

Nice idea, I would REALLY like to be able to deco with another same time also.

If you mean being in World Editor at the same time and decoing with another at the same time - I don't think it can be done.

I could be wrong, but I think this would need to be addressed at the Unity developers level. Not sure, but I don't think Sexy Devil could do this. Would be great however if they could.

Nice idea, I would REALLY like to be able to deco with another same time also.

There's a game on Steam called Besieged that uses the Unity engine and let's multiple people edit inside the game at once.  :o

There's a game on Steam called Besieged that uses the Unity engine and let's multiple people edit inside the game at once.  :o

O.o

Then I hope the Dev's consider this option.

Thanks for the information. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Anything and pretty much everything can be done with Unity.

The most limited things are interactions with the Operating System which are not necessary for a game.

If devs wanted to edit a room in multip’ayer, they could do that. However everything takes time and it looks like time is limited for game developers seeing how often updates are coming...

That is one thing. The other is, you are editing locally on your client and are uploading the finished room to the server on save (exit build mode). If you would build together, you would have to upload all edit commands to the server directly and transfer them to the other client and vice versa. This would increase network traffic a lot and also require syncronisation effort. It is all possible in software, I just want to say, it's not something done in a minute or by adding one line of code.,