3DXChat Community

simon

After the (in every way) heavyweight "Hammond B3" here now, as a counterpart, another classic in the field of rock organs:

VOX Continental 301
This single-manual organ appeared around 1962 and during the 1960s was the rock organ par excellence; when the well-known groups used an organ alongside guitars, it was in most cases the VOX Continental, ranging from The Beatles (I'm Down) to The Doors (Light My Fire), The Animals (House Of The Rising Sun) to Iron Butterfly (In A Gadda Da Vida).
Characteristic are the housing with the orange-red cover, the inverse-colored keyboard and the steel tube base with the Z-shaped supports.

I have attached the organ in two different compilations:

If the "Connie" is to be played standing up, I have attached a small pedestal so that the trigger of the DJ console "fits" without the player sinking into the ground; the file contains the organ with base frame, the swell pedal, the connecting cables and that pedestal as separate groups on a small base plate

at position X (-11.2066), Y (-5.88595), Z (-3.98699).

If the organ is to be played while seated, the pedestal is dropped and it is standing on the floor as usual. I have added a small stool, which allows the right stance with the trigger of the bar stool. Also in this compilation organ, swell pedal, connecting cables and stool are grouped separately.

VOX Continental (stehend gespielt)

VOX Continental (sitzend gespielt)

post-18668-0-81078300-1523726529_thumb.jpgpost-18668-0-13296800-1523726549_thumb.jpgpost-18668-0-18533600-1523726581_thumb.jpgpost-18668-0-88005500-1523726616_thumb.jpgpost-18668-0-34546400-1523726646_thumb.jpgpost-18668-0-19676100-1523726671_thumb.jpgpost-18668-0-26078900-1523726699_thumb.jpgpost-18668-0-20637400-1523726725_thumb.jpg

Here is another classic keyboard:
Fender Rhodes Stage Piano 73 MK1

Used in almost every part of the music scene since the 1970s, where the soft sound of this first electromechanical piano was appreciated, it has been at home on every stage of the world for generations, until it has been replaced by the electronic samplers and synthesizers that imitate the typical sound of this instrument.

The attached models are deliberately kept simple to keep the files small; if they are still too big, you can almost halve the file size by removing the word "SeventyThree".
Since the base of the stage piano has telescopic legs, you can adjust the height as needed; attached are a version for playing while standing and one for playing while sitting, which also includes a small stool. Each version contains the piano, the pedal, the base and the appropriate trigger for the style of play; these components are grouped in separate groups so that they can be removed easily if the stage piano, e.g. is planned to sit on top of an organ.

Stage Piano 73MK1 played sitting

Stage Piano 73MK1 played standing

post-18668-0-25644100-1524507553_thumb.jpgpost-18668-0-25502800-1524507579_thumb.jpgpost-18668-0-44381100-1524507603_thumb.jpgpost-18668-0-84430600-1524507637_thumb.jpgpost-18668-0-49144900-1524507667_thumb.jpgpost-18668-0-22943700-1524507692_thumb.jpgpost-18668-0-69391600-1524507718_thumb.jpgpost-18668-0-44966300-1524507741_thumb.jpg

have tried that, it is in the middle of an already furnished apartment, and when I highlight, it includes too many items

There's 2 ways to attack this depending on the situation. 

1: If you got a map that you only want a specific item out of, you can press and hold Ctrl and click all the individual parts of that item till you have them all highlighted, then group it, then save it as a new item and name it appropriately, then just merge it onto the map you want it on.

2: If the item is intricate with many small parts that make it very hard to do No.1, you can delete all the other parts of the map and just leave the item you want left, then you can just do a click drag over the entire item and group it that way. You probably wont have to delete everything, but everything around and near the item, particularly above and below it as click-dragging works on the "y" axis mainly, so after you've cleaned out an area around it, look down from above and try dragging around it and see what else you pick up while doing that, and keep deleting stuff till you can do a clean drag.

Also, after grouping it, make sure to move it up high in the air before saving it so when you merge it onto your new map, its not buried inside the ground/wall/some other object, and if its a small item, its a good idea to make a fair sized cube block and paint it a really bright colour and place the item on that so when merging, its easy to find.

After you have merged the item to your map, and you've placed it where you want it, make sure to save your map. save it as "whatever you've name it" overwriting the original.

One last thing I thought of, if the entire map or area is grouped already, then you should un-group it then either do step 1 or 2.

There's 2 ways to attack this depending on the situation. 

1: If you got a map that you only want a specific item out of, you can press and hold Ctrl and click all the individual parts of that item till you have them all highlighted, then group it, then save it as a new item and name it appropriately, then just merge it onto the map you want it on.

2: If the item is intricate with many small parts that make it very hard to do No.1, you can delete all the other parts of the map and just leave the item you want left, then you can just do a click drag over the entire item and group it that way. You probably wont have to delete everything, but everything around and near the item, particularly above and below it as click-dragging works on the "y" axis mainly, so after you've cleaned out an area around it, look down from above and try dragging around it and see what else you pick up while doing that, and keep deleting stuff till you can do a clean drag.

Also, after grouping it, make sure to move it up high in the air so when you merge it onto your map, its not buried inside the ground/wall/some other object, and if its a small item, its a good idea to make a fair sized cube block and paint it a really bright colour and place the item on that so when merging, its easy to find.

After you have merged the item to your map, and you've placed it where you want it, make sure to save your map. save it as "whatever you've name it" overwriting the original.

One last thing I thought of, if the entire map or area is grouped already, then you should un-group it then either do step 1 or 2.

JenC, thank you, I did what you said in #2, and that is how it not loads into the middle of my apartment. The thing I did not do right, was to elevate it before saving the item, I will try your suggestion. 

Thank you again for your response

There are a lot of events and clubs where rock music is played and performed, and many people in 3DXC like it (me too!)

Great fun are "live concerts/jam sessions" on stage.

What I was missing in regard of the instruments was a rock organ, though different keyboards may fill the gap.

So I decided to make my own organ, and it should be the "mother of all electric/electronic organs", a

Classic Hammond B3 with full pedalboard and Leslie cabinet.

Most of the rock organists played this organ on stage standing, without the pedal, as the bass is played by another guy,

and also in jazz music Jimmy Smith did not use the pedal but played the bass line with his left hand.

Jon Lord of Deep Purple not even used the Leslie; the typical sound came from routing the "straight" outlet of the B3 directly

into a guitar valve amp and override it till the desired amout of distortion was obtained, which in combination with the

scanner vibrato chills cold on the back and gives you goose bumbs.

The added world editor files for my B3 allow all these setups: Organ, pedal board, bench and Leslie are separate files.

When you merge the organ into your layout it appeares at position X (-11.2066), Y (-5.88595), Z (-3.98699) at ocean level

on a square surface of lawn.

Merging pedalboard and bench positions them in the perfect fit to the organ, so if you want to use them, group them with

the organ before you move the complete layout to the desired position.

The Leslie cabinet (if used) can be positioned anywhere in the vicinity of the organ.

(In special memoriam of Jon Lord+ and Keith Emerson+ RIP)

Classic Hammond B3 Organ

Pedal Board

Bench

Leslie Cabinet

attachicon.gif05.jpgattachicon.gif06.jpgattachicon.gif07.jpgattachicon.gif08.jpgattachicon.gif09.jpgattachicon.gif10.jpg

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pieces. They'll look great on stage at my Gone Country Caribe. Now if someone can point me to a blender and other items for my bars...  :)

Here is another classic keyboard:

Fender Rhodes Stage Piano 73 MK1

Used in almost every part of the music scene since the 1970s, where the soft sound of this first electromechanical piano was appreciated, it has been at home on every stage of the world for generations, until it has been replaced by the electronic samplers and synthesizers that imitate the typical sound of this instrument.

The attached models are deliberately kept simple to keep the files small; if they are still too big, you can almost halve the file size by removing the word "SeventyThree".

Since the base of the stage piano has telescopic legs, you can adjust the height as needed; attached are a version for playing while standing and one for playing while sitting, which also includes a small stool. Each version contains the piano, the pedal, the base and the appropriate trigger for the style of play; these components are grouped in separate groups so that they can be removed easily if the stage piano, e.g. is planned to sit on top of an organ.

Stage Piano 73MK1 played sitting

Stage Piano 73MK1 played standing

attachicon.gif01_StagePiano.jpgattachicon.gif02_StagePiano.jpgattachicon.gif03_StagePiano.jpgattachicon.gif04_StagePiano.jpgattachicon.gif05_StagePiano.jpgattachicon.gif06_StagePiano.jpgattachicon.gif07_StagePiano.jpgattachicon.gif08_StagePiano.jpg

You're like a genie granting my wishes. :) Thank you so much for your generosity sharing your talent!

A new map for you to enjoy.

Someone who liked the cabin map I made said that it would be nice if there were a lake nearby, I started to modify that map but it didn't feel right and was going to be way too much work so I decided to make a new room built with the lake in mind.

The water used, you cannot swim in it, I tried the base water, but it looked a bit silly with the waves rolling in on what is suppose to be an inland lake, so I raised the map in the air and filled it with the prop-water, I did place more props(reeds, bushes and rocks) to hide that wave effect so it didn't look as bad in the end, but I still wasn't happy with it. If you would like a swimmable(is that even a word?) version, just ask and I will update this post and add another version to download.

This map is designed as a personal room, somewhere to take that special someone. :) I tried to be as light as I could on detail so it runs well OK notebooks, its 115KB. In the end I am really happy how this turned out, the cabin I made is hybrid of old and new, simplistic design with some modern features. The bed and the lounge are modified so 2 people can use them at the same time.

The map has a nice feel to it under all lighting conditions, I have the dusk setting in place and the screen shots are with that setting, but it looks great in all the presets. 

post-14658-0-08912200-1525579682_thumb.jpg

post-14658-0-95766100-1525579692_thumb.jpg

post-14658-0-46313100-1525579705_thumb.jpg

post-14658-0-97194200-1525579715_thumb.jpg

post-14658-0-22595100-1525579733_thumb.jpg

Lagoon3.zip

A new map for you to enjoy.

Someone who liked the cabin map I made said that it would be nice if there were a lake nearby, I started to modify that map but it didn't feel right and was going to be way too much work so I decided to make a new room built with the lake in mind.

The water used, you cannot swim in it, I tried the base water, but it looked a bit silly with the waves rolling in on what is suppose to be an inland lake, so I raised the map in the air and filled it with the prop-water, I did place more props(reeds, bushes and rocks) to hide that wave effect so it didn't look as bad in the end, but I still wasn't happy with it. If you would like a swimmable(is that even a word?) version, just ask and I will update this post and add another version to download.

This map is designed as a personal room, somewhere to take that special someone. :) I tried to be as light as I could on detail so it runs well OK notebooks, its 115KB. In the end I am really happy how this turned out, the cabin I made is hybrid of old and new, simplistic design with some modern features. The bed and the lounge are modified so 2 people can use them at the same time.

The map has a nice feel to it under all lighting conditions, I have the dusk setting in place and the screen shots are with that setting, but it looks great in all the presets.

One of the best builder...

I started this Submarine a while ago, but it didnt turn out as good as I would of liked, I got the scaling wrong when not taking the wall thickness into account, but I had already spent quite some time on it and I didnt want to waste that effort so I pushed on to tidy it up the best I could and finish it so its usable. Might be fun for some RP or just something different.

post-14658-0-78356200-1525682868_thumb.jpg

post-14658-0-21024900-1525682879_thumb.jpg

post-14658-0-91259200-1525682887_thumb.jpg

post-14658-0-03944000-1525682905_thumb.jpg

post-14658-0-80814300-1525682916_thumb.jpg

post-14658-0-70673300-1525682926_thumb.jpg

Submarine.zip

I started this Submarine a while ago, but it didnt turn out as good as I would of liked, I got the scaling wrong when not taking the wall thickness into account, but I had already spent quite some time on it and I didnt want to waste that effort so I pushed on to tidy it up the best I could and finish it so its usable. Might be fun for some RP or just something different.

hehe, plenty of semen, opps mean Seamen around here that would like to play

Hotel Adriano

As in this post (http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/5927-share-your-world-editor-creations/?p=264993), finally I'm sharing the Hotel Adriano.

This is not as big as the last two (Greek Island and Japanese Villa) but still can be a little bit heavy to load.

Introduction:

post-18874-0-51725300-1526209745_thumb.jpg

post-18874-0-71344600-1526209755_thumb.jpg

Update from the aforementioned post:

- Moved seaplane to the back

- Added beach area

- Added cellar that can be accessed from the restaurant

- The attic is complete and the ladder can be climbed (try to click veeery hard) to reach the lighthouse which is nice view point

- Interior update, a suite room added to the ground floor

Download link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19_Zolks5XHAGvmtZSONDBsUq5LiBgJCl

Enjoy!

Hotel Adriano

As in this post (http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/5927-share-your-world-editor-creations/?p=264993), finally I'm sharing the Hotel Adriano.

This is not as big as the last two (Greek Island and Japanese Villa) but still can be a little bit heavy to load.

Introduction:

post-18874-0-51725300-1526209745_thumb.jpg

post-18874-0-71344600-1526209755_thumb.jpg

- Added beach area

- The attic is complete and the ladder can be climbed (try to click veeery hard) to reach the lighthouse which is nice view point

Download link:

Enjoy!

Hotel Adriano

Introduction:

attachicon.giffloor.jpg

attachicon.gifisland.jpg

- Added beach area

Download link:

Enjoy!

I visited this when you had it open some time back, and its a nice place. :)

There are a lot of events and clubs where rock music is played and performed, and many people in 3DXC like it (me too!)

Great fun are "live concerts/jam sessions" on stage.

What I was missing in regard of the instruments was a rock organ, though different keyboards may fill the gap.

So I decided to make my own organ, and it should be the "mother of all electric/electronic organs", a

Classic Hammond B3 with full pedalboard and Leslie cabinet.

Most of the rock organists played this organ on stage standing, without the pedal, as the bass is played by another guy,

and also in jazz music Jimmy Smith did not use the pedal but played the bass line with his left hand.

Jon Lord of Deep Purple not even used the Leslie; the typical sound came from routing the "straight" outlet of the B3 directly

into a guitar valve amp and override it till the desired amout of distortion was obtained, which in combination with the

scanner vibrato chills cold on the back and gives you goose bumbs.

The added world editor files for my B3 allow all these setups: Organ, pedal board, bench and Leslie are separate files.

When you merge the organ into your layout it appeares at position X (-11.2066), Y (-5.88595), Z (-3.98699) at ocean level

on a square surface of lawn.

Merging pedalboard and bench positions them in the perfect fit to the organ, so if you want to use them, group them with

the organ before you move the complete layout to the desired position.

The Leslie cabinet (if used) can be positioned anywhere in the vicinity of the organ.

(In special memoriam of Jon Lord+ and Keith Emerson+ RIP)

Classic Hammond B3 Organ

Pedal Board

Bench

Leslie Cabinet

attachicon.gif05.jpgattachicon.gif06.jpgattachicon.gif07.jpgattachicon.gif08.jpgattachicon.gif09.jpgattachicon.gif10.jpg

For those, who are a little concerned about the large number of small pieces and the filesize of this organ, I made a "lean" version of it. The difference is nearly invisible, but it cuts the filesize to about 1/4 (172kB / 552kB) by the removal of the lettering of the drawbars and all the small brass screws and sectional parts of the hinges for the cover.

For the on-stage operation I added a "lean" version without cover and scores holder, so you can put another keyboard (stage piano, synth, another organ) on top of it; the filesize is 167kB. For your conveniance there is a "stage pack" which consists of the "lean" organ without cover and the leslie cabinet. Have fun!

Classic Hammond B3 Organ "lean"

Classic Hammond B3 Organ "lean" w/o Cover

Classic Hammond B3 Organ "StagePack"