3DXChat Community

Game crashes when the Shared room you are in closes

DireTeddyBear

This happens to me al the time. One way I try to avoid, if I know room is closing, is to leave to another. If it just closes without  warning, I find sometimes hitting character editor will not crash game, but it will load slowly. I don't know if that will help you, but it works for me.

This keeps happening - the Shared Room I am in gets closed, and when I try to leave the game hangs up and I have to kill the program and restart it.

Normally a host would let you know they're closing the room so you can leave and not risk the crash. But yes crashing when a room closes has been in the game for a very long time now!  :P

One person is the host/owner of said room let's name it Mickey's Room, So Mickey has their room running, and then other person which is totally a guest to Mickey's Room, let's name the other person Minnie, so Minnie visits the room and hangs with Mickey, Mickey felt like they had to go or log off the game or close their room, Mickey has to inform Minnie to leave the room, because if Minnie stays in the room and Mickey closes it, Minnie will crash out of the game, I believe that's how the bug happens.

To add an information, when the host close the room, you stay in the room without bug. You just have the standard information windows that the room is closed.

At  this step everythig works fine. you can pm, see who is online ...

This is when you quit this room that you enter in the usual screen of loading but you never leave this screen.

If someone send you a pm when you are in this status, you hear the sound that you have a pm but of course cannot read it.

After a long wait, you have to close the game to get out of this freezing situation.

It is not systematic but happens very often.