3DXChat Community

World Editor Bugs & Suggestions

Shanti

Has anyone figured out how to make doors? I am trying with water but I don't think that there is a way to kill the script.

DhmTqzQ.png

So if you are just trying to create a closed door that still can be passed through, I discovered the pillow is hollow.

It's fairly square and might suit your needs.

Do you mean like the rotation tool isn't rotating the polygons right, Mar? If that's the case, you have to use the Center button to center the rotation tool so the props don't go all out of wack.

Select each item while holding CTRL and group them with the group tool, or click and drag with the selection box to select what you want. If you select too much, you can hold shift and click and drag again to deselect stuff (Make sure you're not clicking a polygon or prop when you try to deselect it'll just select the prop instead of making the selection box:

GACCp4s.jpg

This is what happens when you try to rotate with pivot mode on:

h2WQvR6.jpg

Click pivot at the top and change it to center:

B57K3H4.jpg

And it should rotate fine like this:

6728AIH.jpg

I hope this is the issue you're having- if not, don't mind me, haha- hopefully it does help somebody out that's having this problem. Oh, there's also a thing where if you select extremely large groups of props it'll lag quite a bit, if you see it's not rotating and just kinda hang a second, then just when you go to rotate, keep the mouse held down until you see it catch up and read that the the props are being rotated.

Thanks, Izu! My objects were going crazy when trying to rotate a group of objects. I grouped objects into one room then copied but needed to rotate. I wish that I had read this sooner. I just tried it for another room and it worked. It has helped with the upper level as the first I just clicked the ungroup button and did it the long way.

i second this as i am havin dreadful issues tryin to do fine work up close for perfect joins for instance. the current movement speed is fine when ur zoomin around but when u move very close up it overshoots badly and is almost impossible to stop the camera where u need it to be as the closer in u move the larger the move ratio when u tap. can i suggest that seein the arrow keys are not bein used in editor they perform half speed movements from the WASD keys, and a further idea would be an extra speed toggle hotkey which u could hit to reduce both down by half again for extra slow fine movement when up very close. so using WASD would move like it does now, arrows would move half speed, toggle would make WASD effectively the arrow key speed and arrows would be half of that again with toggle applied. i think 3 speeds for camera would be enough to satisfy anyone.

Or maybe make the speed dependent from the selected object and the distance you have to it... so if you are getting closer the camera speed will be reduced... moving away will speed it up. Mostly you need precision if you are close up... so maybe this could be a good solution?!

Schön, dass es schon ein Update oder besser "Bugfix" gegeben hat, aber leider wurde der (für mich) am meisten nervende Bug dabei nicht behoben:

Im World Editor stoppt die Kamera-Schwenkbewegung, also das Schwenken der Kamera durch Mausbewegung mit gedrückter rechter Maustaste, sobald der Mauszeiger dabei den Bildschirmrand erreicht; im Spiel funktioniert es dagegen richtig, so dass man auch >360°-Drehungen in einer einzigen Bewegung ausführen kann.

Bitte das möglichst schnell beheben!

Danke.

->please add the ability to make a "mirror" of the object ... And then you have to collect the second part of the house manually because of the inclined walls ...

->Even I do not understand how to make walls thinner in primitives! It decreases all, but I just need to make them thinner!
->add the opportunity to make spirals
->modify objects use the edge
for example, take a cube and make the top part wider, the bottom already  

post-10781-0-24906600-1512627789_thumb.jpgpost-10781-0-13952600-1512641111_thumb.jpg

There are two re-size icons on the top bar, one of them when u have the item selected just shows dots all around the edges, grabbing one dot and dragging will only move that side of the item, so for a wall u would just drag one of the long verticals and move it in a bit to only move one side of it and make it thinner while leavin all the other sides as they are.

you do not understand what I'm writing about? I do not need reduce the size of the ring, i need to only reduce thickness its walls!

show me how to do it!

Ok my list of things that need attention with the Editor and the Update.

CAMERA

1.  Editor Camera Speed is seriously too quick. Trying to Zoom in on fine details/alignments is very difficult and frustrating.

2. The F key doesn't work on small objects and overshoots the selected prop.

3. When working close to an object the Gizmo isn't on screen so you must zoom out to a distance to be able to use the Gizmo but then are too far away to see details/alignments.

4. In Editor the Camera now seems to launch you somewhere else when moving around and you find yourself either upside down or hell knows where. Rubber banding as some have said. Meeps!          Boing Boing!

5. The Middle Mouse Wheel Scroll Zoom needs smaller increments for finer Zooming.

​LIGHTING/REFLECTIONS

1. The lighting for night is waaaaaaaaaay too light.

2. Walls and solid Objects have no affect on light.

3. Skin tones are flat and red in most cases, they look like 1.0 quality.

4. Textures are Low resolution.

5. Reflections pop on and off with Camera movements.

6. Light/Color omitting objects have no affect on other objects, ie a blue cube no longer has a color/light affect on your skin tone or clothes or other objects.

BUGS

There is some bug with the Sphere/Glass Sphere, maybe eets just when eets made of glass. When Resized eet creates some sort of force field around eet. Makes eet impossible to move close to the object and you just run on the spot from a far. Also peeps say eet puts them in the air if the spawn is anywhere near eet, as if there is an invisible wall there.

It seems to me the Graphic quality has been lowered, is this to counter the obviously greater use of objects now people will use. The same for lighting effects, have they also been removed for this reason? Have we gained a Bigger "Low Resolution" World, to me eet seems so and personally tink tha Graphics are NOT good. This games Graphics are/were eets strong point  should they slip wilps that wouldn't be good.

Finally ThankYou <3 to tha Devs for this awesome update, tings need a fixing tho as we have issues with eet and we want our game to look like eet did before please.

Serious Allie Awaaaay!   

I had the audio from my room follow me to The Sin Club, and I could hear both audio tracks while at Sinners even after bouncing out and back, until I went back and turned off the radio in my room....

This is a consistent problem at this point. If you have the audio on in your World room, it follows you into the public rooms (at least in the Sin Club). I am having to jump back to my room and turn it off, otherwise I can hear both audio sources.

Some blocks duplicate themselves up to 10 times on top of each other (overlayed)! Massive collapses of the frame rate! Editor crashes when saving and loading sometimes!

Selecting multiple blocks blows them away ... seems that the select window ( pressing and holding left mouse button) has collision with the blocks ....undo function not working then for me! Is there a auto saving active when we are building something ...I din`t press ctrlg+d ?! Also a prob`s or object counter would be nice!

I'm starting to get more problems with this Editor.

Today has been the worst, firstly the camera is jumping all over the place and puts me outside the walls, upside down, eets so unpredictable now. Ill turn the cam and itll jump.

Secondly things keep changing regardless of manually saving the file. Ill reload the room to discover things misaligned, color changed or disappeared.

Please fix thankyou :)

My main problem with this editor is the bug in the mouse operation:

Unlike in the game, turning the camera left or right, up or down stops when the mouse pointer touches the edge of the screen/program window, so you have to release the right mouse key, move the mouse back and then turn further some degrees, till the pointer again reaches the screen edge.

Please fix this bug soon.

Well, the CTRL+D is quickly done accidently because D is also camere movement. So it happens pretty often probs are double at the same position without one can see it.

3DX Client is Windows, of course "copy" could not have been CTRL+C, hm?

A function to remove doubles would be nice.

I know this has been mentioned several times already but I think it bears repeating. Controlling the camera is haphazard and IMHO, is the #1 most frustrating thing when editing, at least for me. I know some of it is my inexperience but still, a slower, more controlled movement when trying to do precise or close up work would be awesome ... and I would cuss a lot less which is always a nice side benefit ;)

An option to remove the ocean please. Water needs rendering there fore less processing power for all ya Candy in Da cleerbs. Ah drop mine to -20000 to make sure eets in another Universe coz eet def lags you once yo get ya prop count ups.

Also eet will return every time you restart tha editor. Solution.....before you exit the editor to reload tha room and AFTER you SAVE to file, click the Ocean level value (mine is -20000) and hit ENTER then reload your room. Do this process every time you go into Editor or the Sea will be back ta lag ya bunnz.

A feature to completely remove eet would be nice as we all aren't building beach houses and Islands and booting the sea to tha moon will give us more processin powaaaaaaa!

Also once your prop count goes up the Editor Cam will be a pain in da pants, jumping all over da place and getting in ya face coz eet cant handle da Candy coz eets being a panzy so get da Cam all jam on crumpets and we will loves yas fo evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <3

Meeps!

Found another Bug, and a workaround till it will be fixed:

The in game hotkeys for special actions using the SHIFT key should be disabled when entering text.

This works fine in the chat window, but someone forgot this for the share settings window.

It took me some time to realize, why the mouse pointer disappeares when entering a name for my location

(ok, maybe because I'm a blonde  :rolleyes:  ):

As soon as I enter the letter "c" as  capital "C" the mouse pointer disappeares,

as the hotkey SHIFT+C is designated to do exactly this.

The other hotkeys do not bother (moaning, cumming etc...) but a missing mouse pointer is not funny.

The workaround till this will be fixed is simple:

Just type a second "C" (the mouse pointer reappeares) and delete it with BACkSPACE.

Nevertheless I hope it will get fixed by the next update.