3DXChat Community

World Editor Bugs & Suggestions

Shanti

3DX players: We are getting bored.. we need more rooms and more content!

3DX Devs: Okay! here is a new re-modeled Beach room!

3DX Players: Fuck that! we wanted new rooms not old rooms re-make!

3DX Devs: Fine.. Here.. Take the whole world editor! yey?..

3DX Players: Fuck this piece of shit minecraft ripoff! *rants about canceling their subscription*

3DXchat in a nutshell. Literally.

Also:

"This game is no DJ Simulator"

Next week...

"Gawd music isn't working probably now we can't DJ"

3DXchat in a nutshell. Literally.

Also:

"This game is no DJ Simulator"

Next week...

"Gawd music isn't working probably now we can't DJ"

I know right? It just cracks me up laughing everytime people use the "I'm canceling my subscription" line to strengthen their demand for whatever things, you can never make everyone happy.

Personally I appreciate the devs work adding a World Editor, I never thought they would do something like that, I'm not a master builder nor nearly close to fine builder myself, but I admit some people are amazing on that, I just hope people would appreciate and give the thing some time and it will be sorted out and fixed, instead of nagging about the music not working for example, as for me I'm like 80% of the time on spotify, so I don't worry much about the in-game music.

Hello all,

I am a developer/builder/mesher from other 3D worlds. I recently joined 3DXChat (just a few days ago). I will say I was disappointed when I got here and saw that users had no creative input to the site. That was short lived though. The next day you came out with the world editor. But, I have to say, my elation at the addition of a world editor was short lived. It is extremely basic and lacks many of the abilities many of the other sites offer. I understand fully this is just the beginning. However, since this thread is here, I thought I would out in my own two cents worth on what should still be added. I will try to list them in order of importance (at least to me and to many of the people I work with on other sites).

1.) I think and many other Dev's think this is primary importance. Allow creators to bring in their own textures.

The textures you Currently allow are extremely basic. Not to mention, there are only a few to choose from. Allowing users to upload their own textures can go a long way in creativeness, originality and personalization.

2.) I am listing this as second, not for the end users but, for the owners of 3DXChat. From talking to other users on here I have learned that the reason end user creations have not been allowed is due to the ownership being worried about being sued for copyright infringement. There is not one site that I develop for that assumes responsibility for end user creations. This is due to each sites T.O.S. Becoming a creator there requires that the end user agrees to A.) Not use copyrighted material without express permission of the owner. and B.) That as a creator they are not affiliated with said site. They are more like individual contractors. Responsible for their own creations and the site itself cannot be held responsible.

3.) This I think is important just for the sake of not having a bunch of garbage added to the site. Anyone wishing to create on here (it will be clearer on the next entry) should have to go through a quality check. i.e. check quality of the creation, the stability of the creation and the file size of the creation (though this last part can be easily remedied by putting a size limit on each creation) This should be a must. Otherwise, it will end up like one sites catalog where it is so filled with garbage creations that it make the site look bad.

4.) Allow creators, like myself, to introduce new items into the client. This takes a great deal of workload off the programmers of the site to come out with new items and helps a site grow immensely. Lets be real here. SEX SELLS. This site offers users what they want. Virtual SEX. That alone brings people in. Add in that people like myself can add things they would like here will increase the popularity of the site. Many of the sites I create for are "R rated" at best and they have a huge fan base. This is simply because, creators are allowed to bring products in and those products are available (for sale) to less skilled users or just ones that do not want to take the time to make such creations.

5.) Allow more personalization of the world. I have noticed that some of the items in the world you have opened up to us cannot be edited or removed. (i.e. the main building) This adds to a "boredom factor" I noticed in an earlier post. Sure, users have their own "world" now. But, one is very much like the next and the next and so on. Many join sites like this for the fantasy aspect. So far, in room/world design, it is only one very bland, predictable and repetitive fantasy. With more options it would allow for such things as traveling to a far off world, entering into a dungeon, a space adventure, a grassy meadow, forest etc... the list can go on and on and only be limited by the end users imagination.

6.) Allow more customization of the avatars. Height and scale would be a good place to start. Let's face it, different people are into different things. Some like short women, others tall. Some like fat hairy men, others buff and chiseled. Some men like a woman with "a bit extra" others want the "supermodel". Currently, it appears to be "one size fits all. This does not lend itself to the fantasy end users are looking for when joining sites such as this.

Those that are listed above are just a few of the top things I noticed when I first joined. The remaining ones below will pertain specifically to the editor tool as I have noticed so far.

1.) Add a context menu when hovering over a particular tool. As it is right now, if you hover over a tool option, there is no context menu on what it does. i.e. copy, delete, rotate etc.... This causes confusion for new creators and forces them to switch back and forth between the world and the "How-To".

2.) Lock the tool size and location to the size and location of the object. Currently as it is now, when selecting an object the tool guide for that object does not match (depending on camera angle) the object itself.

3.) Allow the ability to lock and item into place. When creating/editing the world it can be difficult to select the item you are wanting to alter. You can click on the item directly and it will highlight an item behind it or near it or not even o the same plane as the item. This adds to a great deal of frustration when trying to decorate. If items can be locked (and of course unlocked) once they are placed, it allows for an easier and faster decorating experience.

4.) I mentioned this earlier in the post but really feel it is important enough to mention again. Allow importing of textures. As a developer/builder/mesher it is very disappointing to be able to create something and then to only be forced to use a limited amount (extremely limited amount) of textures to apply to that creation. As far as the end users go, I would say this is of paramount importance in their eyes. (I gathered this just from talking to a few of the end users in the short time I have been here.)

5.) Allow the ability to "hollow" out objects. This is great when it comes to making picture frames, windows, peaked roofs, swimming pools etc... I see that this place is using the basic "build shapes" yet, the ability to mold those shapes is also very basic. Allowing the ability to hollow out say a square to turn it into a frame or a cylinder to turn it into a tower etc... again would add to originality, creativeness and personalization.

Again, these are just a few of the different things I see as being basic fix, add and adjust list for the world editor and the site in general. I will add only one more statement:

"Quality must always come before quantity."

Since the update, lighting has been weird and night time is way too bright. Can we please have night the way it was before? Can't make a nice romantic room anymore and I know of lots of other players who have or had rooms that are greatly affected by that. Nights just feel cold and distant now and the colors and values and too washed out. Please make it darker again q.q

I am really struggling to use the new world editor.  I loaded my old room two assets and all I needed to do was put some solid walls, a window wall, a floor and a ceiling in place.  Three hours later I have still not succeeded.  I am struggling to select items (often no amount of clicking will select them), nothing is lined up, I have gaps everywhere.  It is driving me crazy and I think the new editor is just way to complicated for me but I don't want to lose my old room 2.  I don't seem to have the right kind of mind to work in three dimensions, and I am in awe of those super creative people who make amazing places.  I'm just a simpleton though who needs things simple.

Very sad right now :(

Hi,

same here

I am struggling to select items (often no amount of clicking will select them), nothing is lined up, I have gaps everywhere.  It is driving me crazy

the green box is smaller than the object it belongs to, and never lines up and changes position when changing the camera angle. Selecting items is mere guesswork and very frustrating.

I installed newest Nvidia drivers, changed screen resolution. Nothing helped.

This editor is awesome. So I'am very sad right now too :(

I am really struggling to use the new world editor.  I loaded my old room two assets and all I needed to do was put some solid walls, a window wall, a floor and a ceiling in place.  Three hours later I have still not succeeded.  I am struggling to select items (often no amount of clicking will select them), nothing is lined up, I have gaps everywhere.  It is driving me crazy and I think the new editor is just way to complicated for me but I don't want to lose my old room 2.  I don't seem to have the right kind of mind to work in three dimensions, and I am in awe of those super creative people who make amazing places.  I'm just a simpleton though who needs things simple.

Very sad right now :(

If you are talking to select many objects at a time without selecting the full map in same time , hold down ctrl and select each object you want with left clic on the mouse . This way you can move all the selected objects where you want . To rotate them though , you'll need to group them ( 5th icon from the right on top of the screen )

I am getting a fatal error when I place animation function triggers over custom furniture, doesn't happen all the time but i had two instances where it it did happen. Once while placing the couch animation on a custom counter top and the other was the DJ animation placed on a modified DJ booth. Again, only happens randomly but it does cause a fatal error and boots me from the game.

Just a reminder, save revisions of your work as you go along so you have a back up if you introduce something that causes problems.

and Roxane, I could not find the stool animation for sex trigger either.

regards...

I think weather effects like snow, rain, fog, or maybe even some blowing sands (for deserts) this would let us create even cooler sceneries, just implementing it like the fire, lighting and smoke/steam effects could be an easy solution for more effects.

Do you guys even read any of that?

When grouping larger bit they don't rotate.  Now smaller groups like the pole design I have does rotate but that's over 600 props itself but it turns the poles so you have the base as the front and the tip as the back so unless that is the look you're going for.

As per my earlier post, but i am getting this fatal error when I attempt to add anymore additional objects to my world, fortunately I have made a back up copy before I added and got this error, I think that the file that i have contains something that clashes with the server software rather than the game loaded on my hard drive. Anyone out there have any suggestions?

https://imgur.com/a/bXY9P

Do you mean like the rotation tool isn't rotating the polygons right, Mar? If that's the case, you have to use the Center button to center the rotation tool so the props don't go all out of wack.

Select each item while holding CTRL and group them with the group tool, or click and drag with the selection box to select what you want. If you select too much, you can hold shift and click and drag again to deselect stuff (Make sure you're not clicking a polygon or prop when you try to deselect it'll just select the prop instead of making the selection box:

GACCp4s.jpg

This is what happens when you try to rotate with pivot mode on:

h2WQvR6.jpg

Click pivot at the top and change it to center:

B57K3H4.jpg

And it should rotate fine like this:

6728AIH.jpg

I hope this is the issue you're having- if not, don't mind me, haha- hopefully it does help somebody out that's having this problem. Oh, there's also a thing where if you select extremely large groups of props it'll lag quite a bit, if you see it's not rotating and just kinda hang a second, then just when you go to rotate, keep the mouse held down until you see it catch up and read that the the props are being rotated.

Do you mean like the rotation tool isn't rotating the polygons right, Mar? If that's the case, you have to use the Center button to center the rotation tool so the props don't go all out of wack.

Select each item while holding CTRL and group them with the group tool, or click and drag with the selection box to select what you want. If you select too much, you can hold shift and click and drag again to deselect stuff (Make sure you're not clicking a polygon or prop when you try to deselect it'll just select the prop instead of making the selection box:

GACCp4s.jpg

This is what happens when you try to rotate with pivot mode on:

h2WQvR6.jpg

Click pivot at the top and change it to center:

B57K3H4.jpg

And it should rotate fine like this:

6728AIH.jpg

I hope this is the issue you're having- if not, don't mind me, haha- hopefully it does help somebody out that's having this problem. Oh, there's also a thing where if you select extremely large groups of props it'll lag quite a bit, if you see it's not rotating and just kinda hang a second, then just when you go to rotate, keep the mouse held down until you see it catch up and read that the the props are being rotated.

I know how to use the tools, I'm telling you that you can't rotate a group of items.  I'm not clicking an individual item.  I'm far more familiar with this setup than a lot here as I teach people how to use the tools this is basic.  I'm sorry but this is the greatest thing there is and in time they'll change it on us again, tell us that we'll have what we've done with backwards capability and we don't.

Hey Gizmo since you seem to like post but don't care to respond to people asking why we were told that we'd have our rooms as they were with the backwards capability.  Just be honest with your subscribers and tell them you can't do it or you just don't feel like it as I know it possible to be done.

I was editing my room and wanted to use the sphere to create the platform for an island.  It is the best item to use aesthetically because of its gradual slope into the water rather than the jagged, difficult to use rock shape we are left with trying to manipulate.

When i scale the sphere and place it under my build it does not allow for PC's to enter the room on the teleport space, but instead the character is placed in the air and walks like trying to get over the object.  I have some screen shots.  I am going to try some other thing to make a decent island.  Any suggestions would be great or if there's a workaround even better.

Thanks for the help!

Keely

post-8828-0-11647200-1512538399_thumb.png

post-8828-0-14221800-1512538418_thumb.png

post-8828-0-20580400-1512538433_thumb.png

Has anyone figured out how to make doors? I am trying with water but I don't think that there is a way to kill the script.

DhmTqzQ.png

So if you are just trying to create a closed door that still can be passed through, I discovered the pillow is hollow.

It's fairly square and might suit your needs.