3DXChat Community

World Editor Tutorial Videos

Xanar

Thank you very much Xanar, your videos really helps a lot. 

Aber ist es vielleicht möglich noch ein kleines Video im Schnelldurchlauf sozusagen, auf deutsch zu bringen?

Schliesslich haben wir hier ja auch viele deutsche Baumeister/innen im Spiel und es soll ja nicht an der Sprache scheitern oder? 

Danke schon mal vorab. 

• 2 weeks later...

This may seem like a dumb question but how in the world do you get to the world editor in the game? All of the tutorials show what you do once you are in the editor but I've looked at every part of the game I know how to access and there is no world editor. Please help point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Heya Xanar, I had no idea where to ask this and I didn't want to start another thread for it, but is there a way to test out animations in world editor? And if there isn't then how do you get past having to go back and forth to make sure everything is just right @.@

Thanks and Happy New Years :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Xanar, thanks for the vids. I have 2 questions.

First is, there's a drop down button in the editor that has Global / Local, what does this do and what it is used for? I've asked at least 20 builders in the game and no one has been able to answer it.

Second is, in part 4 you show how to group objects and then move them as a group, but is there a way to rotate that group as a group while keeping the original shape? I asked this because when I used rotate on the group, each individual item in the group rotated on its own axis, thereby destroying the group when rotating it. 

Again, thanks for your help.

Hello Jen. These are good question. I can answer your second question right easy:

Select "Center" in the Pivot-Menu. That will rotate the entire group as one piece.

I'll try to answer your first question in an upcoming video :)

Today I'll record an in-depth video about groups, so stay tuned ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this, Xanar.

I've been putting off trying the world editor, but even from just the first of your tutorials, I can see that it's not as complicated as it first looks.

Great work & thanks again.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...