3DXChat Community

Logged in Alone? 11/28

NeotheNeko

We always tried to improve the game for as far as I can remember these 4 years.

In past developers were slow, but updates were faster, and sometimes we got answers especially if we raised riots.

Once we didn't had larger update for 9 months due to moving on "new" engine which was to guarantee faster updates... I said it back than.. lol won't happen but people painted me negative. 

Now... i fear that each update is more and more further apart than the last and even when it happens it's something little or too focused on single part of community (for example idgf about room building and ppl that don't - are without update for months since we know what next update will be)

2.5 years ago devs waved with their fancy spreadsheets and promised us here on forums that all the poses from FM will be ported to FF. Years later still nothing...(I might have them even saved somewhere)

At least in the past devs would say something.. now we have some major bugs, major exploits, major issues with the new unity engine some even serious crashing bugs...

Posting here and reporting bug or requesting feature is like throwing suggestion to trash bin.

*yawns*

Edited because I am sleepy.

I'm sitting here wondering if I can build and if it will save properly while I have time in the game with no one distracting me. LMFAO!!! Of course, I'm having some weird fun wandering around the completely empty public rooms. 

Just in case anyone is wondering, yes building is still happening and yes, the changes are being saved. However, I would still use AlexRyder's 3DXChatSaver program to back up just in case. ;) 

Shame Shame who's to blame??   A bit of info to calm the waters will help...I'm relatively new here and beginning to have concerns about the lack of information coming from the owners or whoever is responsible to fix this.  101 members up in arms and no answers forthcoming..

And just like that, *poof* everyone's gonna forget about what happened, servers are back up, game works, junkies can get their fix. (Val included) And we wait for the next server down or major bug out in some of the maps and then we repeat it.

Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat.

Welcome to 3dx chat.

Rinse and repeat.

*community goes batshit crazy*

*servers get back up*

*everyone calms down again*

Edited, because it was late.

I have to completely agree with Riela, shocking as that may sound. Though, I'm sure this will get ignored and buried now that the server has gone back up. Everyone will just complain in World Chat for another few hours before the situation is temporarily forgotten about.

When I first joined the game, updates looked fairly promising. Then, over time became less frequent and also less inspired. However, I've always maintained that I'm here for friends first and foremost. Updates don't even make a distant third anymore... I'll let your devious minds fill in the second spot ;)

The devs have proven by their attitude and past year or so lack of communication with the player base that our wishes and expectations aren't going to be met. I'm not even confident that they're capable of delivering half of what the community asks for. However, I could list a bunch of things that I'd consider basic game features, which would be relatively easy to implement, and yet I still don't ever expect to see. I couldn't care much less about the World Editor either. On which note, some of you are really easily impressed, lol. I'd much rather have a dozen new poses, some more character customization options, fixes for the multiple relentless bugs and engine instability, etc..

Posting here and reporting bugs or requesting features is indeed like throwing suggestions into a trash bin. Not a week goes by when I don't have a conversation with someone about ideas they'd like to see realized in-game, and I have to gently inform them that an excess of ice cream will also make them fat... The fantasy world they describe does not yet exist outside of their imaginations :P

woman-licking-dripping-ice-cream-cone-49

At the end of the day, this is what happens with technology sometimes, shit happens. People make it out to be a bigger deal than it really is, it is not something that happens frequently. Well over 95% of the time 3DX is available.

Also, there have been updates. New hairstyles, new clothes, update to Unity, new beach, new nightclub, new location, new poses, the trolling situation in the forums has improved, the devs have spoken up about Pandora, they have communicated about the new builder coming which people have been asking for. I feel like gizmo has been pretty active on the forum recently. It just feels like a lose lose situation for the devs. They work hard on these pretty major updates like updating Unity and the whole room editor and people are bound to complain and criticise. (E.g. Uh, well I read some blog somewhere and updating Unity should only take a few hours...). Like most of you even have a clue what it is like to develop a game used by thousands of users, run primarily by two people. I know 3DX is far from perfect and constructive criticism is good, but for all the talk about voting with your wallet and 3DX is dying, it seems to be doing pretty well from what I am seeing.

The same people have been complaining about something for 3-4 years, yet here they are still paying. As Rob says, it makes no sense at all.

I won't renew cuz *insert some reason here* ...

Ohhhhh Xmas deals. *signs up for another year*

~me

Every year

For the price of the yearly xmas deal the players get a lot in my opinion and compared to other games.

The most games are after two weeks boring and the price is similar or higher with some DLC...

Complain about some hours of Server issues shows the true dependency and satisfaction about 3DXChat :D

Dissatisfied customers would not complain about server issues they would play wordless something else^^

For the price of the yearly xmas deal the players get a lot in my opinion and compared to other games.

The most games are after two weeks boring and the price is similar or higher with some DLC...

Complain about some hours of Server issues shows the true dependency and satisfaction about 3DXChat :D

Dissatisfied customers would not complain about server issues they would play wordless something else^^

Yep this game has less downtimes then any game I know. But everyone seems to loose their minds when its down for 5 minutes.

I know it sucks to have no infos at all. So yeah the communication could be better... but everything else is just overreaction.