3DXChat Community

(CANCELED FOR NOW)Tribute to Music n Artists + 6 Months on 3dx party+ EUGENE B-DAY December 2

Aliviax

QUEEN OF HAMBURGER PARTY 12th week of November!!  :P  :D  :lol: 

All kidding aside a great idea for a party and a slight condition, to show you bought your music and play. Does it really matter what it is called? Cancer Awareness, Remember Sept 11th, parties that are not raising funding but are bringing people together. People that had Breast Cancer were speaking with other survivors, people that lost relatives and friends were at the Sept 11th Memorial. Veteran's day is coming, any War Veterans here, might meet over there and do as one did last year, talk. So some people are making more out of a sex game, let them it is their game. To be a proper 100% legit DJ, I would ask Achilles, but that is not what is the condition for this party, show you bought the music you are gonna use. Alivia even has link to the software to be used to show proof so there is that. As for the legal and illegal downloads, the only issue i ever had was taking someone else's mix and not mentioning them. If I for example ever use BoZno's mix you can damn well be I will mention I am using his mix and mix it with some other mix to make it sound like a smooth continuous play that keeps the party going. Because that is what a MIXER DJ does, mixes in songs for one long continuous play. 

Big respect for ppl who doing best to entertain ppl here. 

He says it best. Alivia love what you are doing hon, I am not a computer friendly guy so your proof software and I are still having issues.. :ph34r:

While this is a great idea and all for people purchasing their music to play for others.  I agree that music is a part of life and should be given the respect just as much.

Allow me to explain a little, it goes like this to be a legal DJ, you must have broadcaster not a hacked but paid version or a free version like WinAMP and a license to broadcast.  Next purchase all your music or have expressed written consent to play the music from the artist you have a free copy of.  Then you have to pay royalties to all parties though agencies that collect them ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers), BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.) and SESAC are US public performance organizations (PROs) who collect publishing royalties (performance royalties) for the PUBLIC PERFORMANCE of musical works as stipulated by the U.S. Copyright Act. to name a few (you can google if you're unsure - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_copyright_collection_societies) so that the artists/musicians/composers/writers and such get paid.

While this is a great idea and all for people purchasing their music to play for others.  I agree that music is a part of life and should be given the respect just as much.

Allow me to explain a little, it goes like this to be a legal DJ, you must have broadcaster not a hacked but paid version or a free version like WinAMP and a license to broadcast.  Next purchase all your music or have expressed written consent to play the music from the artist you have a free copy of.  Then you have to pay royalties to all parties though agencies that collect them ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers), BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.) and SESAC are US public performance organizations (PROs) who collect publishing royalties (performance royalties) for the PUBLIC PERFORMANCE of musical works as stipulated by the U.S. Copyright Act. to name a few (you can google if you're unsure - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_copyright_collection_societies) so that the artists/musicians/composers/writers and such get paid.

thats for a dj that has a radio etc not for ppl that play a sex game in their private rooms right ?

thats for a dj that has a radio etc not for ppl that play a sex game in their private rooms right ?

That's for anyone that DJs (for example on air over a stream)  Paying for services like iTunes, Amazon Music and Spotify are not actually buying the tracks you are paying to listen to the music but you have not purchased it and do not have rights to rebroadcast it.

That's for anyone that DJs (for example on air over a stream)  Paying for services like iTunes, Amazon Music and Spotify are not actually buying the tracks you are paying to listen to the music but you have not purchased it and do not have rights to rebroadcast it.

for i tunes i was thinking the same so i tried to not include after much searching  beatport seems ok 

this is answer frm VDJ support stuff

ContentUnlimited does not cover royalty fees to be able to perform music in public and/or broadcast it. The subscription fee pays for your right to be able to legally stream the track and play it privately while your subscription is active.

Regardless of the source (CD, iTunes, music streaming service (ContentUnlimited), vinyl record, etc.), you must have licenses from the appropriate authorities in your country to be able to play music in public and/or broadcast it.

If you are playing in a bar/club, then depending on the laws of your country, the venue will usually have appropriate public performance licenses to cover you when you are playing at that venue.

If you are using a commercial radio broadcast server (I.e: A service where you legally rent a radio broadcast server) then the broadcast royalties may already be covered (Paid by your subscription fee to the broadcast service and/or by adverts.) For further details, please check with the provider of the broadcast service that you are using (Or intend to use.)

If you are using the broadcast feature built into VirtualDJ itself only (Listeners are directly connecting to this on your computer rather than you broadcasting to a radio server), then you will need to obtain appropriate licenses (Except if it's private and just you and a few friends are listening.)

Yes we should really get a radio license because we stream some hours a week. Sure you need a license for broadcasting but I can't stop laughing imagine the following conversation:

"I play this adult sex game and I created a club out of tables and cubes. I have every two weeks that room open for others to join for about 4-8 hours. All guests are also subscribers of the game. We like to party and listen to music I and other members will play that night and I really want to become legal. What kind of license can you sell me for this purpose? - What????

To be serious... our virtual clubs are no real clubs and we also don't operate a public available radio station. We all know each other more or less, so I see it still as a private party. So please stay away this those licenses.

Before some may argue, sure the guy running the streams for the public rooms should have a license since he is doing it officially in the name of 3dx.

I really don't get it why this event cause so much drama.

ContentUnlimited does not cover royalty fees to be able to perform music in public and/or broadcast it. The subscription fee pays for your right to be able to legally stream the track and play it privately while your subscription is active.

Regardless of the source (CD, iTunes, music streaming service (ContentUnlimited), vinyl record, etc.), you must have licenses from the appropriate authorities in your country to be able to play music in public and/or broadcast it.

If you are playing in a bar/club, then depending on the laws of your country, the venue will usually have appropriate public performance licenses to cover you when you are playing at that venue.

If you are using a commercial radio broadcast server (I.e: A service where you legally rent a radio broadcast server) then the broadcast royalties may already be covered (Paid by your subscription fee to the broadcast service and/or by adverts.) For further details, please check with the provider of the broadcast service that you are using (Or intend to use.)

If you are using the broadcast feature built into VirtualDJ itself only (Listeners are directly connecting to this on your computer rather than you broadcasting to a radio server), then you will need to obtain appropriate licenses (Except if it's private and just you and a few friends are listening.)

I stated this above.and this clearly states what all services state.  You have to obtain a license to broadcast the content you are streaming if they are not listening directly to your computer or iPad, tablet, iWatch to which you are listening on not a stream you pay for or have for free.

Yes we should really get a radio license because we stream some hours a week. Sure you need a license for broadcasting but I can't stop laughing imagine the following conversation:

"I play this adult sex game and I created a club out of tables and cubes. I have every two weeks that room open for others to join for about 4-8 hours. All guests are also subscribers of the game. We like to party and listen to music I and other members will play that night and I really want to become legal. What kind of license can you sell me for this purpose? - What????

To be serious... our virtual clubs are no real clubs and we also don't operate a public available radio station. We all know each other more or less, so I see it still as a private party. So please stay away this those licenses.

Before some may argue, sure the guy running the streams for the public rooms should have a license since he is doing it officially in the name of 3dx.

I really don't get it why this event cause so much drama.

They are in your room, which you make public, even if in your room they are still from other countries you are not playing the music for them directly but through a stream and they are listening on their computer through your stream without paying for royalties, or having a license to broadcast.  This may be online but the laws are the same even if you don't agree with it.

This isn't to do with 3DX that's something different. If this were 3DX even what you sign for to DJs doesn't fully cover your or 3DX and should be revised because of paying costs.

While I understand what the event is trying to do.  Paying for music isn't the only responsibility that goes along with it.

This only applies to public streams. A private streamer can legally play licensed music on occasion. .. say for a few hours here and there. All of this is very clearly covered under the law if you check their definitions of public and private streams. A public stream is one that is accessible to anyone 24-7 and listed in any online directory.

I stated this above.and this clearly states what all services state.  You have to obtain a license to broadcast the content you are streaming if they are not listening directly to your computer or iPad, tablet, iWatch to which you are listening on not a stream you pay for or have for free.

They are in your room, which you make public, even if in your room they are still from other countries you are not playing the music for them directly but through a stream and they are listening on their computer through your stream without paying for royalties, or having a license to broadcast.  This may be online but the laws are the same even if you don't agree with it.

This isn't to do with 3DX that's something different. If this were 3DX even what you sign for to DJs doesn't fully cover your or 3DX and should be revised because of paying costs.

While I understand what the event is trying to do.  Paying for music isn't the only responsibility that goes along with it.

As Jessica said, it is not a public available stream. The audience is limited exclusively to 3dx customers and yes, this is a big difference. Also I know all my visitors by name ^^ I think no radio station can do so :P

Tell me Mar Mohan, what is your intention to troll this party thread with your copy & paste knowledge from the internet? BTW Alivia nowhere stated that only "legit DJs" will spin, only that you as a DJ must have bought the music you will spin. Others did created the myth of a "legit DJ".

This is getting really ridiculous. 

This is false.

Your definition of "public" is not the same as what is explained on the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) website. A user room party in 3dx very clearly falls under the definition of a private stream. And all you need to legally broadcast a private stream is registered software and licenced music. Some details may be different in other countries, but not every stream needs to be backed by a broadcasting license. Only "public" streams need the broadcasting licenses and pay royalties. And by "public" i mean what the lawmakers deem as "public", not what you or other people feel this definition is or should be.

Well first of all, I use CHAIRS too, not just tables and book shelves. As for no one saying anything, they did, and it was ridiculous. Thing is to be an officially licensed DJ they have to put up a lot of money effort and other moral obligations that many in this sex game just ignore. But this party is in a private room that is going to be open to the public, it does not mean it has to obey any rules other then those the host puts up. It is her party and her room. Her thoughts about having a party saying thank you to the artist is to me a noble one. 

||||[#Whow #respect]||<>||[my own posted and 'selfreported binary start, stop warpigs aka holding a mirror show post'... was already  quickly gone at the last late  afternoon @ my time here as wanted and wished ]||[Nobody ever dare again, Lol and even only think of saying again: That people @ SGD are sleepers , asleep, or are sleeping^^ Well, for sure not always, HA HAAA and #4surenot2.0 :  in the forum since the:

||||[Kekistan Drama War Scenes][||@||]3DramaXChat in the late spring of 2017||]||||

• ContentUnlimited does not cover royalty fees to be able to perform music in public and/or broadcast it. The subscription fee pays for your right to be able to legally stream the track and play it privately while your subscription is active.
  • Regardless of the source (CD, iTunes, music streaming service (ContentUnlimited), vinyl record, etc.), you must have licenses from the appropriate authorities in your country to be able to play music in public and/or broadcast it.
  • If you are playing in a bar/club, then depending on the laws of your country, the venue will usually have appropriate public performance licenses to cover you when you are playing at that venue.
  • If you are using a commercial radio broadcast server (I.e: A service where you legally rent a radio broadcast server) then the broadcast royalties may already be covered (Paid by your subscription fee to the broadcast service and/or by adverts.) For further details, please check with the provider of the broadcast service that you are using (Or intend to use.)
  • If you are using the broadcast feature built into VirtualDJ itself only (Listeners are directly connecting to this on your computer rather than you broadcasting to a radio server), then you will need to obtain appropriate licenses (Except if it's private and just you and a few friends are listening.)

Thank you for giving a heads up and infos double 'MM' and Niccolo

And as long as that won't go away. Shit will never change around here.

Who knows Nikki | who tf knows - never say never my friend^^ or as sis Tika so often says and writes: Maybe... maybe not <|> we'll see

ps and last:

... but I do wish y'all good luck n have fun    :)

Same here  #remember #december #rockNrave #@roundtheclockNhouse ... that sporadicly sometimes, apperently and unfortunately or even total unnecessary - is #onfire and should I be at home, online and also in, or, at our 3DXMatriX - ill give you 3 guesses:  where one maybe, at some times on that day... could see and meat, aeh, meet  me... or my sis.

:ph34r: 

This only applies to public streams. A private streamer can legally play licensed music on occasion. .. say for a few hours here and there. All of this is very clearly covered under the law if you check their definitions of public and private streams. A public stream is one that is accessible to anyone 24-7 and listed in any online directory.

See Below as this statement is inaccurate.

As Jessica said, it is not a public available stream. The audience is limited exclusively to 3dx customers and yes, this is a big difference. Also I know all my visitors by name ^^ I think no radio station can do so :P

Tell me Mar Mohan, what is your intention to troll this party thread with your copy & paste knowledge from the internet? BTW Alivia nowhere stated that only "legit DJs" will spin, only that you as a DJ must have bought the music you will spin. Others did created the myth of a "legit DJ".

This is getting really ridiculous. 

Huge difference but you don't understand that.  Peoples streams have been shut down because of that exact thought that they aren't public.

This is false.

Your definition of "public" is not the same as what is explained on the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) website. A user room party in 3dx very clearly falls under the definition of a private stream. And all you need to legally broadcast a private stream is registered software and licenced music. Some details may be different in other countries, but not every stream needs to be backed by a broadcasting license. Only "public" streams need the broadcasting licenses and pay royalties. And by "public" i mean what the lawmakers deem as "public", not what you or other people feel this definition is or should be.

What I stated is accurate.  You are still playing over the internet. 

Here is a simple google search about it. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=private+radio+streaming+requirements&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

https://www.google.com/search?ei=7QcGWqKSFoWpmwG5tKSwBg&q=private+streaming+requirements+for+music&oq=private+streaming+requirements+for+music&gs_l=psy-ab.3...3805.5607.0.5890.10.3.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..10.0.0....0.YH5EiU4p4lg

Again even your searches are bringing up results for streaming a radio station which is listed on a directory and available most of time to any listener. This makes it a public stream.

This does not apply to someone who is streaming a few hours a month inside a closed community. It doesn't matter what you or I think "private" means. It only matters what the laws say. This is becoming redundant and it's also disrupting someone else's event thread so if you want to talk about streaming legality then please make a new topic and it can be discussed there. This is not the place for it.

ok ill say 1 more time " its just a party Mar like the parties u already had in ur club " the only difference is that we decided in this party to play bought music to kinda honor our loved artists, so i dont get why u bother so much with laws etc 

3dx had a million parties n will still have , why u bother so much with this ? cause we bought the music ? i realy dont get it  n its funny.

meanwhile if party was with youtube download no one would say anything  hahahaa dont u find this strange ? is it bad that ppl actually buy music to play in this party n the parties that will follow ?

10 tracks  20 tracks i dont mind cause this is how u build library 1 track at a time .

leave ur problems IRL n come dance n party with us n make new friends n lets try make this game better with lil changes every time so we all have a better game experience .I love you all <3 i realy do ;p

that's the thing lassie so is every other party, but you have no legal right to demand what you your self can't and don't have.  you can ask people as your personal request, but not as you wrote it earlier. so in this case you would have to make your party for a group of people that you invite in, and not "open for all". No one is paying any of the DJ a dime, so hence why the dilemma bout this demands that you are making, as Chloe earlier said this is a game we pay for, some of us do pay our licence besides the game costs and servers, and as Achilles well know the costs can be rocket high. 

As I said the idea is good Alivia but you are way over your head this time lassie and you should make your party for group and not "open for all" or just stop demanding things that you have no legal right to demand.

that's the thing lassie so is every other party, but you have no legal right to demand what you your self can't and don't have.  you can ask people as your personal request, but not as you wrote it earlier. so in this case you would have to make your party for a group of people that you invite in, and not "open for all". No one is paying any of the DJ a dime, so hence why the dilemma bout this demands that you are making, as Chloe earlier said this is a game we pay for, some of us do pay our licence besides the game costs and servers, and as Achilles well know the costs can be rocket high. 

As I said the idea is good Alivia but you are way over your head this time lassie and you should make your party for group and not "open for all" or just stop demanding things that you have no legal right to demand.

She said like 4 times that it's about paying tribute to artists and music. It's not about trying to force people to be legal. She's asking people to PAY for some music to help support the artists. How is this a horrible thing?

She also posted her track list showing them purchased from Beatport. 

The 3rd time this has been asked...  Why is it fine that people have parties with winamp and youtube DJs and people stealing full 60 minute mixes from youtube and claiming them as their own, some even post to mixcloud and and claim as their own... how is this OK but then Alivia makes a single party and asks everyone to only play purchased music and everyone freaks out... where's the logic behind this? This makes ZERO sense.

If you don't have legal music and you don't like the idea behind the party, then don't go.. its very simple. What's the issue? 

It's her party and I think she can suggest how she wants to run her party. Does anyone tell you or anyone else how to do your parties?

Music will be purchased just because of this one party and I think that's a good thing