3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates

D1SC0STU

Build your world out of new types of blocks! Also we have a pyramid  :D

JremJfW.jpg

5qFOgHZ.jpg

Not bad, my respect! I see already a village in the Village :D

Very nice to give everyone a task and the chance to show there own creativity!

The World Editor will keep the interest for everyone about 3DXChat because it will be possible to see each day new things.

Amazing upcoming Update :)

question : the yellow thing ( pic 2 ) is the landing zone ?

Yes it is. This object defines the starting position of the characters.

Twiggy: A boot from room feature, will help stop a lot of problems with things like people invading with alts to upset things in peoples parties.

We definitely need to implement this feature. Most likely it will be in the form of blacklist of users, who are prohibited from entering the room.

Also I like the idea with URL textures. But we need to consider that video memory has limitations. Tell us how you would like to use this function?

Also I like the idea with URL textures. But we need to consider that video memory has limitations. Tell us how you would like to use this function?

How is it with URL Images? For Example for Posters, Banners?

Some URL of Drobbox, SkyDrive, or external Servers would be really cool?

They could be maybe Limited like the light sources.

Textures for furnitures could work easy as tile :)

You could probably have some kind of a "Material slots" list in the world editor (working like the user gallery or something) where users could create their custom materials from some basic presets (like metal, stone, glass, cloth, etc.) and upload their own textures, this way it would be possible to check image size and dimensions first. You can have limitations on image size and dimensions in pixels (probably different based on whether a texture is supposed to be tileable or not). It would also be pretty cool if users could upload their own diffuse, bump and opacity maps those custom materials.

There is a lot of stuff that can be customized even with the default Unity's shader, so the materials can also have sliders for some of the properties (opacity, reflectiveness, shininess, etc.).

Also, there could be a resizable "framed picture" object where people could place their own images, this feature has been asked about a lot :)

As for the performance of having a lot of user textures, some kind of beta-testing will most likely be required to find out reasonable limitations, there are a lot of room builders out there who I'm pretty sure will be more than happy to participate in the testing ;)

We definitely need to implement this feature. Most likely it will be in the form of blacklist of users, who are prohibited from entering the room.

The boot feature need only be as I explained it before, you already have it so if a person is on iggy they cannot get into your room, so once they have been booted, all we need do is put them on iggy and they can't get back in. You could even include that in the one action, click boot, they get sent out and put on iggy at the same time.

All that is needed is a button added to the little menu that comes up when you click on someone to allow to boot that player from your room.

That extra menu item should only be available to the room owner and not in the standard menu when you click on a person.

When boot is clicked, you only need to execute the same command you already have to send that player to his own room.

I suggested that as I could see a problem with people using the ends of very small cylinders to create text and images, using hundreds to thousands of them as dot art, mainly for wall artwork and signs.

Some do it now using the pole ends.

If you allow us to load up say a limit of 6 images per room, that we can use as a texture on a plane, a plane being just a flat sheet, not a cube.

We can then up load, or even link to an image stored elsewhere if you prefer to do it that way, and have wall art and sings we create ourselves.

I understand it would have to be limited as if it was not people would over use it and create performance problems, that is why I suggested limiting the amount that can be used in each room.

Just supply a plain that we can rotate and move x,y,z, so we can place it where want, have it so we can use transparencies, so we can create like neon signs effects on an image and place it on a wall.

It could also be used for pictures and posters.

I think if you don't supply something like that you will run into lag problems still as people will create pictures and signs using the method I explained before.

1y5h0v.jpg

4yww4o1vu79y.jpg?id=73205886

How is it with URL Images? For Example for Posters, Banners?

Some URL of Drobbox, SkyDrive, or external Servers would be really cool?

They could be maybe Limited like the light sources.

Textures for furnitures could work easy as tile :)

Edited by chaostika

I think there are really two different things are far as user upload textures that would be nice. The first is letting people upload their own materials and I think that might be tricky since they require multiple channels. The second is just to let people upload images that they can use as signs and things like that. I think that it would be nice if the sign images had support for emission in addition to transparent https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/StandardShaderMaterialParameterEmission.html. I think for signs and things it would be best to just make a plane object the people can place that is only used for that purpose. The biggest issue right now for lag isn't tons of objects its people using to many lights and reflective surfaces like glass tables. We really need bigger lights and overhead lights as well.

Cool feature.. now its possible to give the  sand same colour as the background a lot of people have since 2.5.

tumblr_op5orswSC11w1m5jpo1_1280.png

That wasn´t a bug... thats the preview of the new version :lol: - (sarkasm on) please make it possible for nvidia user too (sarkasm off)

(hope its OK MeiLing use your picture - http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/4830-3dxchat-25-beta-bug-tracker/)

Cool feature.. now its possible to give the  sand same colour as the background a lot of people have since 2.5.

tumblr_op5orswSC11w1m5jpo1_1280.png

That wasn´t a bug... thats the preview of the new version :lol: - (sarkasm on) please make it possible for nvidia user too (sarkasm off)

(hope its OK MeiLing use your picture - http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/4830-3dxchat-25-beta-bug-tracker/)

Lol :lol::D  I love the humor^^

Well we can Imagine the reason for this "Bug" of older Laptops...

I would just be happy about an official reply.

Personal I would also play with the 2.0 client if I can fix this colour bug :)

Lol :lol::D  I love the humor^^

Well we can Imagine the reason for this "Bug" of older Laptops...

I would just be happy about an official reply.

Personal I would also play with the 2.0 client if I can fix this colour bug :)

Yeah! All of a sudden game got more demanding since 2.5 in the terms of requirments... I also had the same 'bug' on my older PC.

I thought I should share this with everyone as it is so good.

I sent Gizmo a message about the idea I had put in this thread on modules and he replied with this...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I call it "my own props". We will allow players to create their own props from standard blocks. There will also be invisible blocks that indicate poses. For example, you can create your own sofa, where you can use all sex poses from a normal sofa.

You propose to exchange modules (props) on the forum. That's good)

mnXruta.png

​______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

​So guys we will be able to make things like dance floors, stages, dance cages and all different sorts of props, put them in this forum and share them with anyone who wants to add them to their own world.

​You will be able to move it and place it just like an object from the menu.

​From what I understand we are getting things like...

Boot from room.

​The ability to put our own textures on a plane and place it where want, so we can do signs, posters and have pictures on walls.

​Place hidden objects inside our self created props to get the poses they have for that prop.

​So guys, he is watching and seeing the suggestions that are being made and responding, so keep them coming.

​Edited to add...

​Gizmo I think you need to add Taurus to your shapes, and quarter Taurus.

torus4.gif

Lol  :D The main reason why this bug is not fixed yet is the bug of the Unity engine. I checked it. I created a completely empty project in Unity and ran it on my old laptop, the sky was pink in empty project.

I hope that when we move on to an updated version of Unity, this bug will be fixed there.

And of course we read the forum and your suggestions and discuss it in a dev team. Dear players, I really like when you inspire and support us. So thank you very much for your kind words, this is very important for developers  :wub:

I can not wait to see what wonderful worlds you will create with World Editor!