3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates

D1SC0STU

seeing the pic , it seem that we will lose a room ( maybe room 2 ) to be able to rebuild it totally ( apparently walls can be placed the way we want .

It would be a good thing , but the question is : In how many time will we have this epic update . ( last one took around 6 months to be launched )

It's about to be legendary  B)

w9uL2F6.png

Looks like,it could be possible for everyone to prepare there own Locations, Clubs and spaces with the needed Location Editor :)

Not bad! This brings the main view in to the User Locations!

Looking forward about this update.

User organised Locations and Clubs would have my interest as Music provider :)

Wow, looks like something I was thinking of doing, but still haven't got to %)) Very promising so far  B)

A little suggestion though: since obviously you will be modifying the save file format, it would really benefit from using compression — you already have a Ionic.Zip.dll library in your assemblies folder, so it would be very easy to zip-compress the files before base-64 encoding and uploading them to the server (probably instead of encrypting them, which kinda makes no sense since they're available to everyone anyway). Some of the large user rooms can be a couple of Megabytes in size uncompressed, while in compressed format they may be reduced in size 10–20 times. Heavy rooms are known to cause downloading lag for some users, and compressing them would also reduce the server load as well.

It's about to be legendary  B)

w9uL2F6.png

Looking really really cool Gizmo  :)

In addition to things people have already mentioned I see:

* able to move multiple items in a group.

* rotate items.

* Shapes, which are the cube and spear. (hopefully cylinder will also be included)

* copy item ? (can you confirm this one)

This is great Gizmo, and a real step in the right direction, you can see from the comments already just how happy this will make a lot of people.

/me sticks a gold star on your forehead.  :)

most will find a reason to complain no matter what the epic update is

#apperently #obvious- and #probably hashtag could #and #willbe... but hey, earth will keep on turning => atleast 3DXwise 4 me and ofc: #1stWorldproblems in anycase ect pp blah... and so letting it quickly end with a saying that: "sometimes, one just should be happy about the things that one gets... and should be glad, not to get that... what one actually diserves" or so^^ 

ps:

ccc6697710facc6f681ce1b5fd451ac9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks really good Gizmo.

I see you have allowed for radious and beveled edges :)

Also the texturing looks like it flows over joints between different objects which is amazing.

Acouple of questions if I can.

Have you also included tauruses as I think they will come in very handy and is usually an included shape.

One big thing I think you need to think about is what some have asked about in this thread already.

I think we will need to be able to apply our own texturing to a plane.

Reason is if you don't allow for that you will find people using very small cyliders to create text and pictures, which will still generate lag in over done rooms.

I think you can call a texture form a URL, and make it so we are only able to have a limitted number.

That way we can create things like signs and artwork without using loads of small objects to do so.