3DXChat Community

What does the human soul mean to you?

OLESYA

The soul to me, is precious.

The soul is you, without your body.

Its beautiful, its captivating, its your essence and your footprint in life.

In dreams and role play you can spirit walk with your partner, you can feel each other, be with each other and hold each other.

When 2 souls combine, its is magical and enchanting and makes memories to keep forever. 

Every living thing has a soul.  Feel it, enjoy it and enjoy its enchantment. 

funny-gifs-Because-Im-worth-it.gif

I don't really think religion is a good thing to talk about... Howeverrrr... I also don't think it's "religion" to blame for whatever woes you two lovebirds (JSG and Allison) have gone through that has created such a hate within for religion. It's the people.

Christianity, Catholicism, honestly whatever faith you fall under... It's how we as people interpret what's been passed down before us. I personally believe that having a faith is just a guideline for how you should be as a person walking through this life. It should be helpful to determine "right" and "wrong". What that may have been at the birth of religion can be vastly different in today's society. It comes down to who YOU are as an individual and how you want to apply your faith. 

I am not religious for my own reasons, but I never push my point of view on others, just as I expect others to not push theirs on me.

Be respectful of others' beliefs, it's that simple (don't take this out of context and talk about something like a murderer or whatever). 

I don't think soul is limited to religion.

You can believe in the spiritual things in life without being religious.

I have had an out of body experience multiple times, some so vivid that I just can't believe it. I don't think anyone can really relate to what that feels like until they have had it themselves.

A soul, to me, is what's within us and makes us who we are. It's not the organs, the brain.. Even though they help, but to me, it's our personality. What makes us different from the next person. 

I knew someone who suffered brain damage due to epileptic attacks.  Who they were before the damage was done, was technically them after, but severely lacking.

They were the same, just not, they were a broken version of themselves.  The machine was broken.

They didn't go "somewhere else", behind their eyes wasn't the old them unable to regain control, this was them now.  All the mushy parts inside us make the whole, the "personality" isn't eternal, it's just the picture all those mushy parts paint.

Anyway, TGIF!!!   :lol:

I don't really think religion is a good thing to talk about... Howeverrrr... I also don't think it's "religion" to blame for whatever woes you two lovebirds (JSG and Allison) have gone through that has created such a hate within for religion. It's the people.

I/We (I believe I can speak for Ali) agree with you. We don't 'hate' religion. We just believe the sole purpose of religion is not to glorify some perceived "God" figure, or Christ Figure, its to control people and was created BY people for this concept. Throughout history "the church" (wither it be Catholic,Protestant,Baptist,Muslim or any of the other 2000+ religions in the world) has tried to control people and instill their particular set of controls, "right and wrong" etc. and you are damned to a mythical "Hell" to suffer eternal pain and suffering if you don't do as the say and live your life according to their interpretation of "holy scriptures" (That were written by men..Thats is control)

The most popular 'religious' organizations consider us (Myself and Ali) an "abomination to their god" because according to what they were taught BY their religion its wrong. Love is supposed to be between a male and a female. Anyone who deviates from that (Like 2 lesbians) will be eternally punished for disobeying THEIR interpretations. I used to think you could control who you Love. Love was a state of mind you could control. Then I saw my Ali's eyes and that belief went "straight out the window" as the saying goes.

So I agree, it is the people, the people make religion not some all powerful god like entity who made everything. Sorry can't believe in that. 

I am not very religious, but I do have my own beliefs. I believe there is a god or gods, personally, whether they are a single or multiple divine, celestial beings or whether they are the forces of nature or the planets or the stars. I do not claim to know, I just believe it to be true.

I also believe in the soul. I think to science, the soul would be considered the human consciousness. If science is ever able to identify it, hopefully it will be before they make teleporters and start sending people through them. That would suck to find out you lost your soul in the teleporter. So be wary! :D

Guest Lillyme

Sorry...while I think it’s comforting on some level to believe in a “soul” ...nuh uh...it’s at best just that...a comfort...at worst a delusion...but there’s worse things to believe in for sure. Leaving religion out of the conversation because organised religion is awful on many many levels...and shouldn’t be associated with a personal...faith really.

What violet says is actually one of the most convincing arguments for there not being a “soul” and consider Alzheimer’s...the person can be...sadly...gone...the biochemistry that made them seem individual has changed or stopped working correctly...and their individuality vanishes like smoke.

I also don’t think it’s pessimistic to say there is no soul...i’m an optimistic person...and I think when you’re gone you’re gone...back to the stardust we came from...nothing more.

That is scary and I don’t like thinking about it...but i try not to deceive myself. Some people need faith in something...-other- to steady them and I see nothing wrong with that...maybe just be conscious that’s what it is.

Anyway...my thoughts is all this is...

*wanders off*

Guest Lillyme

while a person cannot "prove"a god exists, you cannot prove it doesnt. same with evolution. no such proof exists so actually you also have faith in something that has no basis of fact.

I’m sorry....what!? ...ok...ok...I took the bait...good troll Rob :D :D

You can probably never be 100% on anything...but...c’mon...evolution...mountain of solid evidence based on proven hypotheses. God...zip

Guest Lillyme

Forget it...i’ve had this argument with a hundred people and people believe what they choose to in spite of evidence that should make them question the things they believe on the basis of no evidence...and cite exactly the argument you use Rob

I realise i’ve been drawn so well done...i’ll leave the forums to it once more

by all means link me to such "facts" and not just someones opinion

Think you're misunderstanding... I'm saying that someone, like myself, prefers believing what I can see when it comes to religion. I stated earlier I'm not religious. I personally am more fact-based. And as someone that is, I should not be immediately shunned or hated by someone who is religious just because of that. Same goes for those who are non-religious to those that are.

Hopefully that clarifies.

Well you know what they say about opinions...

opinions are like mixtapes. I don’t wanna hear you’re either.

Also they’re like assholes. Everyone has one.

I do appreciate the irony of a discussion about religion and faith and souls in a sex game forum tho, and I do like the whole evolution has no factual evidence thingie someone said earlier. That wa funny

nah its called facts. everything can be proven or it cant and right now neither side can prove anything so any conversation that states otherwise is false. if anyone here can give proven facts that religion , god, etc is in fact not true please show such facts. something tells me you cant. 

We all have a right to believe what we want to believe. both sides cannot prove anything with cold hard fact so in a way both have faith in something or another. 

I can proove as a FACT you are a troll lol

how would you know since you claim to have never played, lol. come on "lexi "   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sorry I'm not Lexi ...JSG is ...dickhead....should have put you on ignore list (HERE) went she told me to..well you on it now!! have fun there, your the first!!

(love the name of the banned person in the list when I searched your name "RobTLOvesCockInAss")

Sorry...while I think it’s comforting on some level to believe in a “soul” ...nuh uh...it’s at best just that...a comfort...at worst a delusion...but there’s worse things to believe in for sure. Leaving religion out of the conversation because organised religion is awful on many many levels...and shouldn’t be associated with a personal...faith really.

What violet says is actually one of the most convincing arguments for there not being a “soul” and consider Alzheimer’s...the person can be...sadly...gone...the biochemistry that made them seem individual has changed or stopped working correctly...and their individuality vanishes like smoke.

I also don’t think it’s pessimistic to say there is no soul...i’m an optimistic person...and I think when you’re gone you’re gone...back to the stardust we came from...nothing more.

That is scary and I don’t like thinking about it...but i try not to deceive myself. Some people need faith in something...-other- to steady them and I see nothing wrong with that...maybe just be conscious that’s what it is.

Anyway...my thoughts is all this is...

*wanders off*

+1 sister, your one of the enlightened ones. Your not the only one..