3DXChat Community

Lisa

Hello 3DXChat Community! :)

We want to let you know of something big we have been working on.

We are working on a powerful World Editor (User Rooms)! With scalable basic primitive shapes you can build structures and worlds of any complexity and style.

attachicon.gif4.jpg

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

Features available in the first release:

- Basic scalable primitives: Cube, Sphere, Cylinder, Ladder etc.

- Materials: Now materials can be applied to different building blocks, for example to make a brick house with a tiled roof etc.

- Tools: Rotation, Moving, Scaling using the X, Y and Z axis, using new tools like you would in 3D modeling software.

- World Tools: Snap objects to surface, Snap objects to grid, Adjusting the level of the ocean etc.

- Effects: Fire, Smoke, Electric Discharge etc.

- Water: Simple Water for low performance systems now supports waves and caustics.

- Backward compatibility with old User Rooms.

Now you will be able to make a floor not from thousands of tables, hehe, but from one stretched primitive box. This will increase the fps for many visitors to your location ;)

Stay tuned!

This is SO MUCH FUN!!! I have not tried to edit the room yet, but I felt transported!! The thing is with the beds, the woman should be able to lie on her back as well. It doesn't make sense that you have a bed that props up but she is lying on her stomach? I hope that you continue to improve especially to add additional touches within current poses such as standing against the wall flirting should have kissing and caressing of the breasts and genitals of both parties, and while having sex, the option to kiss while doing it and sucking on nipples needs desperately to be added so people to not have to "say" it's being done. However, EXCELLENT on the room. I am going to find a way to afford my membership, this is way too relaxing to give up. Keep up the great work!

Guys, how can I use grid snapping?

It lets you snap object to grid you see near water level, can be useful when you want to make sure something line up correctly or turning something that it turns properly. At least that where i found it useful so far but probably other ways to use it.

Personally , i am not very good with editors in general , but i learned to handle this one in one day . It just need to give it a real try and not something like " oh shit i missed my first cube , i abandon" . You can also ask help in world chat , you would be surprised to see how many agree to help . And thirs point , never forget that if you make a mistake moving object X or wall Y , you can ALWAYS get back with the "cancel move" option on top of the screen . 

And last thing , if ME i can handle it , everyone can lol

Post scriptum : For the ones who cry because they lost their fully made of cubes or their fully made of tables grounds , stop to cry , the cubes and the tables are still here and can be placed the same way than before .

Exactly. After swimming around to get a sense of distance it seems like a full SIM to me.

I was speaking more about Second Life and similar games. I used to own a partial sim there before getting bored and selling it before I left. I don’t know much about SIMS except the newest one looks interesting. I’ve only played the free play on mobile.

I would love it if we could upload Unity assets.

I know SecondLife and several other games as well that run on this same format, even they give you much more than here for options. They offer free rooms that are ready to choose from as well as landscapes that don't cost.  While I don't have a issue with the World Editor at least they could do would be to offer more to people as they had before and do what they said they were going to do which was have the backwards ability but instead they only have it so the props are there and nothing else.  As AlexRyer stated in the comments, this isn't rocket science yet every time we turn around that's how this is being turned into and made out like it was so much to accomplish to get it done then to shove it down out throats in the future to make it so you have to be on it.

We've lost a lot of options that we had in 368 with two rooms now it's only one and you can't have it open and enjoy privacy if you wanted it while your only room is open.  People are not happy about that but this is the way it's always been since I joined in 2015 and will continue to be that way.

uhuh , there is no free home or land in SL , if you become premium ( meant paying  with money ) , you earn a home looking more or less like the "studio part" of the world option . And for the lands , you can rent them if you are not premium ( generally 400 prims size for 400L$ per week ) , or buy it with the game money if you are premium . Unless it changed in 2 years

uhuh , there is no free home or land in SL , if you become premium ( meant paying  with money ) , you earn a home looking more or less like the "studio part" of the world option . And for the lands , you can rent them if you are not premium ( generally 400 prims size for 400L$ per week ) , or buy it with the game money if you are premium . Unless it changed in 2 years

I wasn't just stating about SecondLife but other games as well.  Some have a cost some don't.  My point was that with this new World Editor we don't have the options that we once had.

I've had the time to play a bit with the editor, here are a few thoughts about it, good and bad :

-The "snap to vertex" moving tool is quite handy, could we have a similar one with the volume scale one, where it snaps on any edge or vertex it meets ?

-The big bother when aligning things is the camera controls, it's very difficult to set it in a precise way, it tends to move in steps, a "slow move" key would be very useful for that.

-I really like the "walking" option with F6 or F7, being able to walk around without any fear of editing an object by mistake, and without having to exit the editor, is quite appreciated.

-And to end it, a big "THANK YOU ! :wub:  " for using a humanly readable, tweakable and editable format for the .world files ! I've done some props directly by writing it in the file (well, more exactly a lot of copy/pasting then editing the numbers), it allows for tight precision work when adding small details !

For all those that are tempted to directly edit the files but are scared by the monolithic "all on a single line" format, you can add line endings and blank lines, the parser seems to ignore them when you load or merge a world file.

It doesn't look anything like that for me I think its low settings. But, it does seem like the lighting in the night setting is really poor now, and also there might be something else happening I have noticed things look really bad in some rooms. Some objects seem to have the level of detail as well set to close it seems like its based on object size not distance from the viewer.

Did....did the game get a graphical bug or did they really dumb it down to Playstation 2 level quality? Because these screenshots look bad visually. Something's not right.

It doesn't look anything like that for me I think its low settings. But, it does seem like the lighting in the night setting is really poor now, and also there might be something else happening I have noticed things look really bad in some rooms. Some objects seem to have the level of detail as well set to close it seems like its based on object size not distance from the viewer.

Maybe the fact that in night mode there is too much light doesn't help with graphics

Gizmo can comment on this thread below but clearly ignores this one to tell anyone what is going on as to why they haven't responded to why they told us we'd have the two rooms with the backwards capability and we don't as we only have the props.  Would be nice to answer the community that have been asking about it.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/5927-share-your-world-editor-creations/page-2

You can set the warp point or whatever you call it yourself. Just change it

I did. And my char does spawn at the right place. But the moment I make the 1st step she just teleports to the sky. Where gravity seems to not work, since she stays up there forever.

Please Fix Lights..!!!!!

I can't have soft lights, because even if you do a completely closed room without lights, is not dark..!

Avatar and Stuffs not "take" dark, because Light system not work properly..!

And all seems flat..!

Use darker textures.

You do know you can change the colors of textures right? Just take your favorite textures and make them darker. Shades are now possible to give better lighting effects.

Sakuya, that happens because of a very large prop like a circle is under your world. So basically the hitboxes for some of the shapes get thrown really out of wack for being extremely large. Such as using a circle and flattening it to create a beach doesn't work at all, and will shoot you straight into the sky. You should instead use the cone shape and then flatten it to make a beach.

z0y4UOl.png

EOdcbyT.png

k0CBe5P.png