3DXChat Community

Seeking Clarity

Sage Stoner

For the past two and a half years, I have had a female avatar named Clarity. For reasons of my own, I deleted that avatar today. Deleting an avatar, however, does not automatically remove that name from people's friend lists. So I probably should not have been too  surprised when, just a few hours later, a friend of mine PMed me to ask: "If you deleted Clarity, why is she online now?" 

Sure enough, someone has already used that name again. It's a great name, and I am sure that person has no intention of impersonating me. But I am posting this just to inform everyone that, if you do see the new Clarity, she is not me.

Sage/Vixen Stoner

Good to know.

The behaviour of contact list in such a case is surprising that it automatically connect to a new accounf just because it uses the same name.

I could expect the system to be more "clever" and use the association account/avatar name and not only the avatar name.

I know online status is a little buggy. I already had friends pm me a long time after I log off even if it was after my logg off was following a crash of the game.

Did you friend was also seeing a different profile with your the Clarity name confirming that it was really an other account ?

• 1 month later...

I see, so Clarity clearly cleared out of here at one clear point, but tis clear that a new Clarity clearly is using the cleared name and it's clearly not Your Clarity,  I'm completely clear with you clarifying it clearly.    :D  :wub:

Oh god, just don't get me confused with all of this :unsure: