3DXChat Community

Server again down after patch 358

Robi

Soo... there's no test environment, QA, automatic alerting or a person on call?  :o

@Andel: NOPE!

... or at least it does not looks like ... because otherwise it would mean that the devs do not really worry about what happens in THEIR "world" ... :wacko: 

"Hear me roar!" ;)

Phili leans back, lights herself a cig and enjoys the company of her compassionates ...  

"Shared pain is half of the pain!" ;)  ... nodding wisely ...

... another server-down ...

h0hcn.jpg

"Hear me roar!" ;)

Trill watches her sweet sister smoking and frowns at her unhealthy habit...  PHILI !!   :huh:

I can't even run the patcher, it says failed and i tried twice. So i uninstalled and I'm tring to download the game from the installer. That may help but it seems from reading I didnt have to do that lol. the game is down again. what else is new

Yes, It's the same bug that the 2 last problems (in august)

Dev's team restart server tomorow when they return in their office (near 7:00 AM GMT)

@gismo: please, add a "watch dog" on your server, a mecanisam to restart it automaticly if it's down

To give credit where it's due, the servers came back on much faster than that. It was like an hour of downtime.

Maybe devs could go with a planned maintenance window where the servers would be down and announce it beforehand. That would work much better for me.