3DXChat Community

Into the mind of JessicaX

JessicaX

After being here nearly 3 years, I decided to finally start one of these things. However, it's not going to be a diary per se. It will be more like... random bits of my thoughts . Maybe it can be better described as "thinking out loud" or something to that avail. Please keep in mind that nothing here is and ever will be a personal attack against anyone in particular. I like to generalize things sometimes for the sake of making it easier to talk about. Also, please keep in mind that these are merely MY thoughts and I do not expect everyone to agree with them. I understand we are all different and will obviously have different views and opinions. This will simply be a peek into my mind and how my thought process works.

Also please keep in mind, that while I am always willing to have an intelligent conversation about nearly anything, I will NOT be entertaining trolls or allowing this to turn into an online battleground. With that being said... WELCOME TO MY MIND:P

1st random thought coming soon...

So after being an organizer, entertainer, and attendant of what feels like thousands of events that have taken place here (realistically hundreds), I often ponder on the thought process that goes into naming a room. Many people seem to use different bits of information of current and past data in an effort to use a room name that simply has 1 goal: attract users to the room. While I completely understand this notion, sometimes I think it can be misguided and/or seen as an instance of false advertisement or even coming off in a way that seems like the room owner is trying too hard. Allow me to explain.

When naming a room, I think the organizer / room owner should ask themselves 3 important questions:

1. What type of event is this going to be?

2. What is the demographic that I am aiming for?

3. What type of activities and entertainment will be available?

Far too often, I think events and parties are labeled as something that they are not, or give the hint of something else only in the interest of possibly drawing more people into the room. While this approach will work on most occasions, it also has its drawbacks. I will give you an example.

Example Room Name: Temple of Orgasm LIVE DJ SEX/ORGY/COLDS OK

A room name like this confuses me (and probably many others as well). What kind of room is it? Is it a party? Is it an orgy? Is it about the music? Sex? I have a few issues with a room name like this. 

Most people here that know me well understand that I am very passionate about music and I absolutely love live DJ and music parties. However, i'm not a big fan of sex rooms. So what kind of room is this? What am I to expect in this room?  I can tell you up front that colds and invitational sex PMs are a constant annoyance that I will usually avoid. So the issue here is that I might actually want to come in and enjoy this room, but I will probably not go in because of the "COLDS OK" part. I'm sure the room was not intentionally named this way in an effort to keep people like me away. I believe rooms like this are named in a way to attract more people. I mean.. it is 3dx and the sex aspect is something that will not be overlooked. However, in using a system like this, it will attract more people to the room, but also keep others from attending.

The problem I see is that I think it unintentionally attracts the wrong kind of people and pushes away the right kind of people. I have experienced instances of being an entertainer in rooms like this in the past. One thing I notice is that many of the people who are attracted to the room are not there for the music or the social aspect. They are there for the "SEX/ORGY/COLD OK" part. I have seen routine instances of the room population being say... 60 people, but my stream server shows only 45 connections. To me... this is a major problem because as DJ, my goal really is to entertain people and share music with everyone who attends. I would rather those 15 people who are not listening be replaced with 5 people who ARE listening. This would essentially make the room population of only 50, BUT... EVERYONE is enjoying the music.

I personally would rather stream to 50 people who are ALL there for the music and social aspect than to stream for a room of 60 people where 15 of them have zero interest in the music or social aspect and will usually cause disruptions and annoy people with colds and unwanted PMs. 

I guess what I am trying to say is that I think people should give more thought about room names. In many cases, it seems like people don't have much faith in their DJs or hosts to be able to draw people in and keep them there. If you are running a party room and the focus is on the music and social gathering, then I believe that putting things like "SEX/ORGY/COLDS OK" is only going to disrupt and hurt that initial focus by attracting the wrong people, and also keeping out some of the people who would fit in more with that environment. Have more faith in your DJs, hosts, patrons. There are many aspects and reasons to why and how rooms get to be so populated. Its certainly not an exact science but in my opinion, a confusing name hurts you more than it helps you.

Excuse me for disagreeing on the subject, let me explain why.

As a club dancer, I'm often ignored by people dancing on the floor, other can't stop staring, but in the end...

I'm part of the decoration, I'm there to help build an atmosphere, as does the DJ.

So you can't blame people for entering a room for the (sex) experience rather than the music, as the music is part of the decoration of a room.

And you can't blame the owner for naming his room so that it attracts as much people as possible.

If you want people to come to a room just for the fun of listening to your music, you should only accept to stream parties I'd say...

Kiss, Layla ;)

The problem I see is that I think it unintentionally attracts the wrong kind of people and pushes away the right kind of people. I have experienced instances of being an entertainer in rooms like this in the past. One thing I notice is that many of the people who are attracted to the room are not there for the music or the social aspect. They are there for the "SEX/ORGY/COLD OK" part. I have seen routine instances of the room population being say... 60 people, but my stream server shows only 45 connections. To me... this is a major problem because as DJ, my goal really is to entertain people and share music with everyone who attends. I would rather those 15 people who are not listening be replaced with 5 people who ARE listening. This would essentially make the room population of only 50, BUT... EVERYONE is enjoying the music.

You speak the words right out of my mind Jessica..thank you  :wub: and i go once further. I will rather spin for 5 people who are here bc of the music than for 50 who are here for the sex. I like sex but in A Sex-, and especially in a ColdOK room it doesnt matter if you put the best DJ on the desk or you let some Elevator music play the people will come like some other rooms showed us even with no music in it. 

As a Dj i would have to ask myself all the time who is really here to have a party and enjoy my music or who is here only for the sex part?

Excuse me for disagreeing on the subject, let me explain why.

As a club dancer, I'm often ignored by people dancing on the floor, other can't stop staring, but in the end...

I'm part of the decoration, I'm there to help build an atmosphere, as does the DJ.

So you can't blame people for entering a room for the (sex) experience rather than the music, as the music is part of the decoration of a room.

And you can't blame the owner for naming his room so that it attracts as much people as possible.

If you want people to come to a room just for the fun of listening to your music, you should only accept to stream parties I'd say...

Kiss, Layla ;)

If the room is meant for both of these purposes then I completely agree with you. There are rooms where I am sure both are part of the focus. But in many cases... things are added just to try and get more people in, and i think it takes away from the point and focus of the purpose of the room. 

First of there is an Orgy were a bunch of people have sex together and then there is 3DX Orgy where 30 people stand around while two people get it on. (Shy in a sex game) I have yet to see a dead DJ so the notion of a live DJ well, is like wet water! If you want to get people to go to a room, make it fun, invite people to DJ if that is what you want, have places a couple can enjoy, formula: Good music + Good Sex = Awesome Time. 

Personally I will put BBC in my room name, because the British Broadcasting Company deserves the attention.  ^_^  <_<  :wacko:  :blink:   That is not what BBC means, then BIG BUTT CHICKS deserve the attention.  :ph34r:

Jessica, awesome post have fun and never be shy. If one disagrees please, politely message her, Jessica does listen and does her best in doing the right thing. 

The question is does the owner/ host name the room just to attract more people without care if the room will meet the name or the owner tried their best but for some reason didn't work!

I like the topic and would agree on clear names and more creative ones. 

It seems many do it with the goal of attracting more people. I could be wrong, but i have yet to see a orgy room where there was an actual orgy.  

Rob kinda nailed it.

My sports marketing professor would have called that kind of advertising "froth trolling." It's where you breathlessly yell every possible detail at your audience hoping to get their attention, even for a moment.

"Hey! You! Yeah, you! You like music? Yeah, we got music, and it's being streamed live RIGHT FRIGGIN' NOW by DJ Obscure! You like sex? Well we got SEX, baby! For you! Bags of it! You can have all the sex you want! Want to know why? B/c irl if you go up to a girl and start acting like a total handsy creep she'll be freaked out and walk away and say her number is 911. NOT in MY room, BABY! Here you don't even have to talk to a girl! Just cold her! She'll think it's awesome and the next thing you know you'll be having sex with her! And you won't be alone! EVERYONE here is totally sexing! World's biggest orgy, RIGHT HERE! DOESN'T THAT SOUND AMAZING?! Of course it does! Why are you still standing here talking to me? Get in there and start listening and not talking and having sex! Click here! Tell all your friend."

Ugh. I need a shower.

btw, yes, friend is singular on purpose.

Hi Jess. Love you. ♡

Wilps ah usually open one of my clubs just for fun and the title of the room is usually the name of the club with Dance club tacked on the end. I dont open sex rooms and all mah clubs are as real as ah can get to a real club atmosphere. I dont have beds or anyting like that as i believe there are too many of those rooms anyhows.

So one day i thoughts to mahself ah dids after ah noticed that many of the crowded rooms have "Orgy" in them so i did a little test, eets troo eets troo.

I opened a Fresco clone club and the name was "MASSIVE ORGY" eeps,  eets the most peeps ive ever had, a total of 77 and eet was a fun party and def wasn't an orgy, no way hozays. Which got meh tinkins, why are people attracted to rooms such as this even tho they don't partake in the action. Sure there were some peeps that went to work but tha majority danced and partied.

Eets interesting how a room title can make a big difference and ah guess peeps are attracted to these types of rooms even if only to watch but I tinks having the freedom to do what ever they choose should they want is a draw card perhaps, ah dunno but ah did the Science and mah experiment was a totes success.

I havnt thrown another Orgy party, should I? I dunno but eet was fun and was an interesting test.

Mah final verdict is, do what ya likes, have funs and if Orgy or Colds room gets ya peeps to ya party fair enough, ya still gotta keep them there after all and if they are having a good time wilps atleast ya are providing a venue for them.

Wilps have funs everyones and once again mah jobbins is dones WoooHooooo

Allie Awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! 

All your points are valid JessicaX. I too value quality over quantity. We have a diverse community with many different needs and desires. Therefore, I also value variety. 

I’m of the belief to let the market forces decide.  I believe you are as well.

The room you raise in your discussion had a steady stream of people attend (45 to 75 while I was online).  If a room was not what was expected or desired... i.e. as advertised, music, atmosphere or room design, then I’m sure the numbers will fade as with many rooms in the past.

Good first discussion  :)

Here are some thoughts.

If youre new to the game you probably look more to the room names but also look around a lot. You try out a room and if you don't like it you go to the next one. After some time in the game you may look rather to the names of the hosts and DJs. You learn, this person always makes cool parties or this is a good DJ or this is a great room builder or there are always nice people.

And yes, the room name should enable you to diifer between music/DJ rooms and sex rooms.

Also it is a good idea and very helpful to write more information about your event in the Events section of the forum imo. I know not all players have a forum account but everybody can read it. It's worth it, just for the cool posters. ;)

Finally I always appreciate some information about the kind of music being played in the rooms. Thank god not everybody has the same music taste.

Cheers,

Nitroo

Wilps ah usually open one of my clubs just for fun and the title of the room is usually the name of the club with Dance club tacked on the end. I dont open sex rooms and all mah clubs are as real as ah can get to a real club atmosphere. I dont have beds or anyting like that as i believe there are too many of those rooms anyhows.

So one day i thoughts to mahself ah dids after ah noticed that many of the crowded rooms have "Orgy" in them so i did a little test, eets troo eets troo.

I opened a Fresco clone club and the name was "MASSIVE ORGY" eeps,  eets the most peeps ive ever had, a total of 77 and eet was a fun party and def wasn't an orgy, no way hozays. Which got meh tinkins, why are people attracted to rooms such as this even tho they don't partake in the action. Sure there were some peeps that went to work but tha majority danced and partied.

Eets interesting how a room title can make a big difference and ah guess peeps are attracted to these types of rooms even if only to watch but I tinks having the freedom to do what ever they choose should they want is a draw card perhaps, ah dunno but ah did the Science and mah experiment was a totes success.

I havnt thrown another Orgy party, should I? I dunno but eet was fun and was an interesting test.

Mah final verdict is, do what ya likes, have funs and if Orgy or Colds room gets ya peeps to ya party fair enough, ya still gotta keep them there after all and if they are having a good time wilps atleast ya are providing a venue for them.

Wilps have funs everyones and once again mah jobbins is dones WoooHooooo

Allie Awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! attachicon.gifSoopa Allie Awaaaaaaay!.jpg

This is a bit of a different spin on it from another angle and a very well thought out post. I also agree with most of this.

I've only been t one of this Sex Orgy parties with Live DJ, one that DavidRyan had, n I was spinning live, as I always do, the funny thing was there was more dancing than orgy, but that's about the only actual room that was sexorgy party with live DJ. 

I misen dun visit them rooms unless asked to spin.  but imo as long as people have fun n I'm asked to share mi tunes then I'm just happy, my own club has no beds nor any placed to have sex, so the ones who want will have to do on the floor, sum hide behind the bar tho  which is pretty obvious n fun.

I've only been t one of this Sex Orgy parties with Live DJ, one that DavidRyan had, n I was spinning live, as I always do, the funny thing was there was more dancing than orgy, but that's about the only actual room that was sexorgy party with live DJ. 

I misen dun visit them rooms unless asked to spin.  but imo as long as people have fun n I'm asked to share mi tunes then I'm just happy, my own club has no beds nor any placed to have sex, so the ones who want will have to do on the floor, sum hide behind the bar tho  which is pretty obvious n fun.

Ive been to some very fun rooms with provocative names and had a fantastic time. I don't want people to think I'm judging. I'm kinda saying... if it says "COLDS OK" then I don't go in that room for obvious reasons.

All your points are valid JessicaX. I too value quality over quantity. We have a diverse community with many different needs and desires. Therefore, I also value variety. 

I’m of the belief to let the market forces decide.  I believe you are as well.

The room you raise in your discussion had a steady stream of people attend (45 to 75 while I was online).  If a room was not what was expected or desired... i.e. as advertised, music, atmosphere or room design, then I’m sure the numbers will fade as with many rooms in the past.

Good first discussion  :)

Well if I chose a room name that was an actual room name, that was completely unintentional. I just threw something out there off the top of my head. 

I'm never one to focus on room numbers much. To me.. if I'm having fun, and the people are having fun and the music is good and people are digging it, then its a success. But... you certainly do NOT need those types of words and descriptors in your room name to get people into your room. We did the Girl Power event last night and we had nearly 80 people at one point. The room name was: GIRL POWER. Please don't take this the wrong way. I am just making the point that you don't need to have SEX, COLDS OK, NO CHAT... in your room name for people to show up.

There's so many things that contribute to large room numbers, but most of us have zero control over them. The only point i really trying to make above is that i think hosts should be more confident about what they are trying to achieve. if you have fantastic DJs... then use that as a selling point. is it a new room that looks like the game Candyland? (this would be awesome btw) then use that as a selling point. I would never try to come off in a way where I am trying to tell people what to do or how to spend their time in 3dx. That's none of my business. I'm only saying I have been planning, hosting, and attending parties here for nearly 3 years and I know what works and what doesn't.  

Using my example above, the descriptor room names will bring in "extra" people, but in most cases (nothing is 100%), it will be people who are not there for the music or social aspect. Not only that, it has a chance of pushing away some people who maybe WOULD be there for the music and social aspect, like myself. When I go to a party room, i want to listen to good music and have fun and chat. I don't want to deal with cold requests and bad pickup lines from people who don't know how to read profiles.

I have a room I open sometimes called "Lovers Lounge". Many of you come in when it's open. Its a very simple room and the music is all romantic, chill, & ballads. I never expect this room to get high numbers because it's more of a niche thing. I'm usually shocked if it reaches 20. Most spontaneous parties or room openings will not get many attendees. I do remember one night a long time ago that somehow we had over 50 people in there and it was about 2am EST on a Friday night. How did this happen? I have no idea and I doubt i will ever understand how this happened.  

There are a few things I know that will contribute to a good turnout. 

Themed Parties ...make it something special like a dress code, or a Halloween party for example. 

User Friendly Room ...If you need a gaming PC to keep from lagging... it will affect your attendance

Entertainment ...DJ's, Dancers, People... what kind of music? who's gonna be there? Whats gonna be happening? 

Date of Event ...Events held on weekends will usually have better turnout than ones during the week

Time of Event ...3DX users are from all over the world. Try to make it a time where all can attend

Don't Overkill ...Similar routine parties on a regular basis burns people out

RobPathfinder ...If you have have him, they will come.  (meant more as a joke, Love ya Rob)

I see people get so frustrated because they try to open a room and get discouraged because no one shows up. Well it takes time to become established here. My advise is to plan ahead. Ask other people in the community who can help. Delegate some work so you aren't trying to do it all. Make a forum post so everyone can see when it's happening and they can plan accordingly. Don't exclude people, Have a good poster. etc...   

The more effort that goes into the planning the more successful your event will be. It may not always be a home run, but a party doesn't need 50+ people to be successful. One of the best parties I ever attended was a spontaneous party in Torax and Lillianme's Unicorn room one evening. (sorry i don't remember the actual name). I think the most people at one time in the room was MAYBE 25... but the vibe was amazing. The music was awesome, everyone was having fun, the chat was very active, everyone was laughing, dancing, having a blast and I will never forget that night.  

Im sorry... i meant for this to be a quick reply to your post but I totally went on a rant there :)

Hi Jessica, and thanks to share your thoughts!

The room you mentionned is Lalaland :)

I think the key for something succesful is that people finds in the room what they were looking for. It can be sex, it can be music, it can be friends, it can be an alive local.

What we try to do with Lilly is to have rooms which adapt to the people attending, as much as we can. We try to include any new joiner in the local conversation to avoid the feeling that some can have like "not to belong to the place" because of too much private jokes, or a totally silent local. I think this is even more important than the music played. I like people to interact with each others in the rooms, I like the idea that complete strangers can have fun chatting within seconds on local. The music and the room design becomes then more like "decoration" to add to the feeling.

We like to have welcoming rooms, we try to play entertaining music, but what we like the most is to have a great local chat!

Like usual I am not sure if I am clear or not :P