3DXChat Community

Can people in here use the pic you made without your permission?

XnikanX

Hello guys,

I run a fashion agency in here which is like my hobby and I take pics of my models in here and edit them and while they work for me they can use the pics. Recently one of my models has quit and I've asked her to take down the pictures that I took of her but she refused to do so because she says they are her payment. She said I cant prove that the pictures are mine even though i have my company tag on the bottom of the pictures and I also bought her a picture slot as payment. What do you think I should do? Can I contact 3dx admin for this or is it just too pity? does count as copy right? cause I took the pic and edit it my self.

Thanks in advance

Its pretty much up to the individual ..if someone nicks you pictures and you don't want them to..I hope you have a lot of expensive investigators and lawyers, because thats about the only way you will enforce it.. Pictures are pretty much fair game on the internet..

Hey JustSomeGirl

I didnt put the pic on the internet. I gave it to my models who work for me. Isnt it like my property?cause I even have my tag on them

Copyrights of Pictures and Photos depends on the Artist who made it and about the showed Motive :)

For example a Artist made a photo of a Model so get the copyrights in equal parts to the Artist and to the Model this means both need the agreement of the other one if they want to use the photo :)

The same counts for Photos of objects or Buildings for this you need the agreement of the owner!

Depending on which country you live and in terms of which law you're talking about- current U.S law states: "United States Copyright Law, and quoting from the copyright.gov website, your art is considered copyright protected from "the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device". Now, this is what it states for artwork that you've created but have not registered. Artwork that is not registered with the Copyright Office has far more loop holes than artwork that is registered.

Technically, yes, you can claim that you own the artwork, but proving so with it being unregistered is a bit hard. I'd say you should look at this webpage about it, it's fairly recent and explains in good detail the actual aspects of the law around copyright for artworks. http://www.artbusiness.com/register_and_copyright_art_for_artists.html