3DXChat Community

EVENT 5: FESTIVAL OF SOUND (FINISHED)

Natsumi

SugarBunny wanted to spice up Event 2 by having a contest. She was awesome, i did not agree with it but I love her idea to have fun then I met a DJ named Cosmo, who made her special DJ avi, well her quote is the back bone of the Events, "Music is Life." 

Try your best and beat your personal best has been mention, and still is. 

Music is Love

Love is Life

Let the harrasments there where they are . IN THE PAST.

Any DJ Loves the Music and is not interested in any war.

Let the past behind you Rob. It wouldn´t be better.

We are one all Dj´s and give our best . and like to give a Piece of Love and Peace. :wub:  :wub: :wub:  

Pls think about it before you wrote. :wub:  :wub: :wub:  

I don't mean to comment on anybody, or "choosing side" here!

Just...does anybody need all this "mud"? :rolleyes: I love the idea about the Events, "people sharing music"

I don't care if somebody is a real life DJ or not! If somebody only streams his/her favorite tunes.. who cares? this might be something to discuss, but it's far above the idea of the Events! At least if I didn't misunderstand it . :unsure:

Sure, I have my opinion about all this like everybody else here, but this isn't the place for it ?! :huh:

I can't see any point in discussions about whatever than news about the Event itself ! :P

no offence  ;)

I don't mean to comment on anybody, or "choosing side" here!

Just...does anybody need all this "mud"? :rolleyes: I love the idea about the Events, "people sharing music"

I don't care if somebody is a real life DJ or not! If somebody only streams his/her favorite tunes.. who cares? this might be something to discuss, but it's far above the idea of the Events! At least if I didn't misunderstand it . :unsure:

Sure, I have my opinion about all this like everybody else here, but this isn't the place for it ?! :huh:

I can't see any point in discussions about whatever than news about the Event itself ! :P

no offence  ;)

Totally agree with you :) A discuss about real DJs in a Adult Sex MMO Game is exactly so useful like a discuss about real Women :lol:

Sure they are true and they are there but it's rare to find them^^

At least comes everyone in to the same Faker bag and any try to prove the contrary would be useless because no one cares. :)

I hate going back on my word.. but looked up what is a DJ on google. I got this..

noun

1. 1.
    a person who introduces and plays recorded popular music on the radio.
    "he was the only DJ to play our last release on the radio"
    •  

•  

verb

1. 1.
    play recorded music on the radio or at a club or party.
    "he DJ'ed for 5 hours nonstop"
Hey Achroi, if you announce and play recorded music, you maybe a DJ.

To end all rumors, there is no DJ war, there never has been. There has been constant claim of harassment from one side. The Coalition of DJs (COD) is made as a nexus where any DJ can have access to information of a room's opening or other parties. It is a place where room makers can ask to see if any DJs want to play for their rooms. Actual COD djs are very few and normally are in the background they rarely play, choosing to give their spots to new DJs. Saturday "Pool Parties" are parties where random rooms and DJs who have not played get booked to play. They are organizers of parties making sure there is no empty spot at a party. They play for the music, that is many of their fun and encourage people to try playing. 
Reason why I put that is due to the fame seekers that chose to start rumors, a DJ WAR IN A SEX GAME. So do are they throwing dildos or amps? How about this go to Event 5 hear great music, have fun meeting DJs you think put a great, mix or playlist, and have fun. That is why many of us are here to have fun. But if you wanna be a hater, my advice is "take the biggest dildo you have shove it up your ass and spin you fucken piece of shit." Just saying.

First of all, I want to thank everyone for giving their support to the Coalition. Since I founded this group there has been a stigma about us trying to compete with all these other groups. I want to make you all aware of what the coalition is and why I created it.

• The Coalition is a group focused around a DJ's freedom to choose.
  • Every member is free to play wherever they so choose, and most times can play whatever they want dependent on the party host.
  • Some groups only allowed DJ's to play certain genres. Other groups basically told you that you couldn't join any other group if it wasn't an affiliated group, which meant you couldn't even participate in their events.
  • Some groups would pull you if the group leader didn't like your play style or the genre of music you played. (which is totally rude by the way)
  • The group started out as a "DJ's Only" Exclusive group, but I quickly realized that anyone and everyone should be allowed to join the Coalition of DJ's because it is not only a group for DJ's but it is a group for everyone. It is a nexus for people to come to and see what events are coming up so they can plan accordingly. It is much like the forum here, but unlike this forum, our group can source the talent and help plan the event(s).
  • Not only do we allow everyone to join if they want, we also help them to be a better DJ if they want the help, by reviewing their mixes, seeing what's off, and giving them some sound advice that they can choose to listen to, or not to listen to.
  • I would like to let everyone know that YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A MEMBER TO PLAY AT OUR PARTIES.
  • I also want everyone to know that we will never go around to your rooms and cause havoc.
  • We will not go to your parties to tell you your party and music is garbage. It is a waste of time and energy not only to the members but to everyone, plus it ruins the party. I would never wish that kind of disaster onto anyone, not even the worst of my enemies.
  • In short, my group is not here to compete. It is here to co exist and to bring people closer together with music. It is not, nor has it ever been my mission to undermine any groups.
  • Lastly, this Festival of Sound is going to be the best yet, and I am really looking forward to seeing you all there. I hope you'll join us on September 2nd thru the 4th as we tear it up on 3DX for the very last Coalition Summer Party of 2017!

Hello

I wanna add something to this topic.

I feel so excited about this event everyday the past 10 days i work hard to choose,create,test my mix,test my drops etc and this i dont do it for me i do it for the ppl that will be on the event so they have a great time.

A true Dj that loves music cares about ppl be happy.

Wish everyone a great time

I'm heading into this thing nervous as fuck, but i don't care. I've worked hard on my set and I can't wait to show it off at the event. I love music, no matter the genre, language, or country. I'm not doing it for the fame or the glory, I'm doing it for the love of the music. Remember that the music is the one that takes center stage, not the DJ, which is what some 3DX DJ's seem to forget.

It doesn't matter if you're in a group like COD, OX, DoF or whatever. Leave all the drama, bullshit and bullying out the door this weekend and just enjoy this event.

Oh, and please, no more sex on top of the DJ console this time xD

Remember that the music is the one that takes center stage, not the DJ, which is what some 3DX DJ's seem to forget.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with this notion. In my opinion, the DJ very much takes the center stage. Yes the event is all about the music and the people but its what the DJ can do with the music is what makes each set unique.

And I totally agree with the "no sex on the console". :)

It is weird, the first Event where I am just a fan. The Music variety, the room diversion and accessibility, there are so many factors to past Events that had people talking. I am excited to know Ukari is returning, one of the main reasons why the first Event was made, I am still a huge fan of Ukari and JanusPandora. I have become a fan of the ever growing DJ skills of Lisa and icecream. JessicaX is fucken amazing and Alivia has caught my ear. There are so many DJs that use the Event to showcase their step up or evolution of their skills, my muse of "MUSIC IS LIFE," steps it up higher as does the "I'm no DJ, I'm just a Sound n Radio technician," Achroi. And to piss off complainers I LOVE THE COD DJS, for taking part in the organizing, making their mixes and song selection and putting others first. The rest of the COD and friends thank you for taking part in continuing a healthy fun tradition.  

There are people out their attempting to breakdown the hopes of aspiring DJs, false claims of what makes a DJ, they have even come from RLC, (he left with my boot up his ass), but there is real official definition up there. If you wanna disagree with it, take it up with Google.

I have notice people constantly using the word "Event," rather then "party," every old player knows that Achilles used to make Events in the main rooms, everyone of his 3DX parties has become a treasured memory various people for various reasons. I love the my bro EvilElf used that name when he and Maron helped me organize the very first Event gathering of DJs. I never felt comfortable with people stating that the Event series was mine, I had too many people help me out in advice displays and of coarse the music. What I am glad of getting rid off was the divas (males and females) that believe the Event was to feed their fame and illusion of success. This is a sex game, not a DJ popularity contest, showcase by putting your very best, this is the moment for the DJs here to shine and for people like me to hear and perhaps ask a DJ to take part in the next room party (perhaps I should use the word GATHERING). I used to ask DJs to post their parties on the past  Event sites, since I am not a DJ, I won't post a link. But due to past Events I have been asking certain DJs to take part of it. Like the Events room we work on making it accessible for everyone, center stage is the real star of the event series, it is a word called FUN.

Only two days until the Festival of Sound! I want to thank each and every one of you. You guys are really awesome. None of this would be possible without your support and love for music. 

Doors will be open 30 minutes prior to the event so that everyone can come in and be ready to party! Love you all, and let's end the summer with a bang! 

I hate going back on my word.. but looked up what is a DJ on google. I got this..

noun

1. 1.
    a person who introduces and plays recorded popular music on the radio.
    "he was the only DJ to play our last release on the radio"
    •  

•  

verb

1. 1.
    play recorded music on the radio or at a club or party.
    "he DJ'ed for 5 hours nonstop"
Hey Achroi, if you announce and play recorded music, you maybe a DJ.

To end all rumors, there is no DJ war, there never has been. There has been constant claim of harassment from one side. The Coalition of DJs (COD) is made as a nexus where any DJ can have access to information of a room's opening or other parties. It is a place where room makers can ask to see if any DJs want to play for their rooms. Actual COD djs are very few and normally are in the background they rarely play, choosing to give their spots to new DJs. Saturday "Pool Parties" are parties where random rooms and DJs who have not played get booked to play. They are organizers of parties making sure there is no empty spot at a party. They play for the music, that is many of their fun and encourage people to try playing. 
Reason why I put that is due to the fame seekers that chose to start rumors, a DJ WAR IN A SEX GAME. So do are they throwing dildos or amps? How about this go to Event 5 hear great music, have fun meeting DJs you think put a great, mix or playlist, and have fun. That is why many of us are here to have fun. But if you wanna be a hater, my advice is "take the biggest dildo you have shove it up your ass and spin you fucken piece of shit." Just saying.

Damn Rob ye got mi on mi own words   LMAO  :rolleyes:   but ye still know mi point of view, n as I keep saying, tis not op t mi to give misen titles, that for the audience, I play music for people who want to hear it, I play the music they want to hear, I dun mek music, I share it, as sumone else here stated earlier, that DJs shud mek their own mixes, dunno if it meant to mix yer own way n not use sumone elses remixes n sets or to create yer own mixes from basic, wiout an original to rely on. yes I do use other creators mixes or remixes, no I hav never played entire sets med by others n claimed them as mi own, but I do create mi own mixes med with other creators mixes n remixes, n I only use 1 remixed tune at the time, because I maybe thing it fits gud with sumone elses remix. n no, I dini start 3 weeks ago n no I dun mek flawless transitions like sum ppl do n only been at it for a couple of weeks, I won't say any names. gud for those people that 3 weeks ago dini even know wot kind of software to use n hardly knew wot bpm is, the one thing is they share music n that wot counts, will I listen to them misen?  Hell NO, because they are disrespectful, never mind if tis in game or where ever, because the fame that the players in this game has gone op to their heads n they think they're all that. n when a DJ or who ever let's that happen then they lose all touch of humility, n that just simply no mi cup of tea. but this entire thing n show is for DJ's or and people who like to share their music to show wot they can do, to hav fun n to meet others that do same thing n feel same thing.   I played back to back tunes on mi first Event, n that wen't well imo.  I hav to agree wi wot Rob ses op there about DJ's   but tis nae great status to be one, a DJ in mi opinion is just another entertainer, n entertainers job is to Entertain, weather tis Drama, Comedy or Musical, we all have different preferences according to our individual tastes.   N I think I rambling way to much here now   :P   LMAO 

Disc jockey

• A disc jockey (DJ) is a person who mixes different sources of pre-existing recorded music as it is playing, usually for a live audience in a nightclub or dance club or via broadcasting.

Originally, the "disc" in "disc jockey" referred to gramophone records, but now "DJ" is used as an all-encompassing term to describe someone who mixes recorded music from any sources, including cassettes, CDs, or digital audio files on a CDJ or laptop. DJs typically perform for a live audience in a nightclub or dance club or a TV, radio broadcast audience, or in the 2010s, an online radio audience. DJs also create mixes, remixes and tracks that are recorded for later sale and distribution. In hip hop music, DJs may create beats, using percussion breaks, basslines and other musical content sampled from pre-existing records. In hip hop, rappers and MCs use these beats to rap over.
DJs use equipment that can play at least two sources of recorded music simultaneously and mix them together. This allows the DJ to create seamless transitions between recordings and develop unique mixes of songs. Often, this involves aligning the beats of the music sources so their rhythms do not clash when they are played together, either so two records can be played at the same time, or to enable the DJ to make a smooth transition from one song to another. An important tool for DJs is the specialized DJ mixer, a small audio mixer with a crossfader and cue functions. The crossfader enables the DJ to blend or transition from one song to another. The cue knobs or switches allow the DJ to pre-listen to a source of recorded music in headphones before playing it for the live club or broadcast audience. Previewing the music in headphones helps the DJ pick the next track they want to play and cue up the track to the desired starting location so it will mix well with the currently playing music. DJs may also use a microphone to speak to the audience; effects units such as reverb to create sound effects; and electronic musical instruments such as drum machines and synthesizers.
The title "DJ" is also commonly used by DJs in front of their real names or adopted pseudonyms or stage names as a title to denote their profession (e.g., DJ Jazzy Jeff and DJ Q-bert). Some DJs focus on creating a good mix of songs for the club dancers or radio audience. Other DJs use turntablism techniques such as "scratching", in which the DJ or turntablist manipulates the record player turntable to create new rhythms and sounds. DJs need to have a mixture of artistic and technical skills for their profession, because they have to understand both the creative aspects of making new musical beats and tracks, and the technical aspects of using audio consoles, professional audio equipment, and, in the 2010s, Digital Audio Workstations and other computerized music gear. In many types of DJing, including club DJing and radio/TV DJing, a DJ also has to have charisma and develop a good rapport with the audience. Professional DJs often specialize in a specific genre of music, such as house music or hip hop music. DJs typically have an extensive knowledge about the music they specialize in. Many DJs are avid music collectors of vintage, rare or obscure tracks and records.

Miming

In DJ culture, miming refers to the practice of DJ's pantomiming the actions of live-mixing a set on stage while a pre-recorded mix plays over the sound system.[21][22] Miming mixing in a live performance is considered to be controversial within DJ culture.[23] Some within the DJ community say that miming is increasingly used as a technique by celebrity model DJs who may lack mixing skills, but can draw big crowds to a venue.[24]

During a DJ tour for the release of the French group Justice's A Cross the Universe in November 2008, controversy arose when a photograph of Augé DJing with an unplugged Akai MPD24 surfaced. The photograph sparked accusations that Justice's live sets were faked. Augé has since said that the equipment was unplugged very briefly before being reattached and the band put a three-photo set of the incident on their MySpace page.[25][26] After a 2013 Disclosure concert, the duo was criticized for pretending to live mix to a playback of a pre-recorded track. Disclosure's Guy Lawrence said they did not deliberately intend to mislead their audience, and cited miming by other DJs such as David Guetta.[27]

Miming is it just and only if the DJ plays his own pre-recorded Mix Set like David Guetta :lol:

To play a pre-recorded Mix Set of another DJ is just Faking or with other words it is miming to be another one ^^

:);)