3DXChat Community

reflections, contemplations, musings, and vapid thoughts

lisafelicia

I have learned a lot how to behave in forums from the horrible experiences I had in the past in other FORUMS, I have been banned for a total of 56 DAYS out of 365 DAYS and even lost my 3 years old avatar and a total of 11 rooms and all the products I had bought. I also received more than 32 warning with my new avatar and had been banned for 2 months, the conditions were so bad for me that had I not quit the game I would have been disabled. I have learned a lot about FORUMS when I was going through all of this. I have learned that whichever game up play the FORUM RULES never change, they are more or less the same. I have learned that the best way to avoid a conflict is either to hide oneself in an alternative AVATAR or take a break, for if you are persistent you will get banned. The fact is that real world has become too hard for some of us and we escape this virtual worlds, where we seek to get what we couldn't achieve in the real world, family, friends. love, support etc. But we forget one thing and that one thing is that BRAINS never change, thinking pattern remains the same because changing overworlds don't change people's mindsets, which has become venomous. 

It is important to forget the past and think of the future as Sri Krishna says in GITA, "While speaking learned words, you are mourning for what is not worthy of grief. Those who are wise lament neither for the living nor the dead."

"asocyan anvasocas tvam
prajna-vadams ca bhasase
gatasun agatasums ca
nanusocanti panditah" : SRIMAD BHAGVAD GITA, CHAPTER 2, TEXT 11

• 2 weeks later...

DJ Etiquette

If you don't like the tunes  don't be an ass and try to make a scene in the room trying to diss someone who has taken the time and effort to do the mixxing and streaming stuff that costs money.   just perform a UDJI and leave.    UDJI = Ultimate DJ Insult

You only  show your own arrogance and childishness by making a point that most will probably NOT appreciate or agree to.  Not everyone likes the same genres.

And DJ's, don't be spewing your shit over mic trying to bolster you own insecurity and ego by blathering over the tunes.  and if you try to sing you  def not show professionalism and   appreciation for the artists tune you are spinning

If DJ's are in an event they should stay in the event and hear the other DJ's sets and support them and support the gig.    I saw a DJ once that spun and then went and opened a competing room after her gig cause she was all butt hurt because she didn't get the entire hour alloted to her

Stay within the limits of your time slot.    trim tunes in order to do so and have additional tunes incase the following DJ has stream issues

Before streaming, have your  stream running and tested and looping just prior to the transition so it is  seamless.  Provide a countdown  just before the last tune so the next DJ can be starting  precisely  so there are now gaps.   

A room host should NOT press play until the normal end of the song.   I use the Windows mixer to switch to 3DX sounds to hear the tunes everyone else is.   There is a 10 to 20 second lag   from your puter to the 3DX radio so start your stream at 20 seconds tp end and the room host will switch  when  the song ends and it should be seamless.  Transitions are a fine art and should be practiced and mastered to  prove mastery and professionalism.

after your set leave the Group chat that the host has set up so that you don't bother the coordination of the time slots and transitions,   The room hostess should have a group chat running ONLY for DJ's to aid transitions and coordination of streams

and while on the subject of Group chats,  It is extremely rude to be in a  group chat  blathering away and  not allow others to see your witty repartee in Local Chat.   It excludes others and is  offensive to the others in the room trying to keep local chat lively.  It is gang behavior and so constitutes thuggery.  perhaps a separate  diary entry is  warranted here.  My 4th divorce was due to a group chat  going on excluding my bestie who was  hosting the room.

Scheduling Partys.   

it is hard not to conflict with other events already scheduled but please check forums before scheduling an event  There are sooo many DJ's now and the cadre should be professional and NOT  try to confict with others trying to have a good time.  I remember a NOW defunct group that did that on purpose tio try to diminis room numbers.   OX was led by a tyrant that thought his shit didn't stink and every one left him cause he caused soo  much drama and disdain for him and the members of the group.   be nice .  do unto others as you would have do unto you.  or something like that.   

Communications is key to us all having fun.  Leave arrogance in the real world

when scheduling a party in forums it is good to  post the DJ lineup and time slots so  it is understood how long the event will lasy so that it provides no conflictions:

3-17-2017 update:

SOOOO MANY DJ's now and  many room hosts and gangs have resorted to weekly events and partys thinking they will have that slot exclusively.    DJing dynamic is going through a renaissance  at the expense of strained  freindships and alliances..   Its a good thing to have many partys but  don't be upset when  there is conflicts

Scheduling Partys.   

it is hard not to conflict with other events already scheduled but please check forums before scheduling an event  There are sooo many DJ's now and the cadre should be professional and NOT  try to confict with others trying to have a good time.  I remember a NOW defunct group that did that on purpose tio try to diminis room numbers.   OX was led by a tyrant that thought his shit didn't stink and every one left him cause he caused soo  much drama and disdain for him and the members of the group.   be nice .  do unto others as you would have do unto you.  or something like that.   

when scheduling a party in forums it is good to  post the DJ lineup and time slots so  it is understood how long the event will lasy so that it provides no conflictions

Sadly this is a thing which wont ever stop around here. I agree to everything you say, but as a friend said to me once: "Other rooms wont be remain closed just because you are doing a party"

I mean thats totally correct, thus we know there are several people in here who enjoy to burn your parade and they have alot of people covering their back, so they will probably go to their room and support this room. The chain of this we all know as "Room Snowball Effect" is people that dont go to the forums or dont know thoose at all, will go to the room as it gets interesting as soon as a certain number is in that said room.

So no matter how good you are, or no matter how much time you spend into preparing an event. It doesent matter really... I had that happening here several times here too.

Funny thing is: They can say they have had it planning for some time too... ironically some thread is always launched like 2 hours before the actual event mostly with some sloppy slapped together pixelated JPEG and with surprisingly the same start time. Then some random words like one totally put no effort. Sounds like decent pre-planning really. This must have been taken ages to put together, especially the low quality JPEG.

So yep I totally buy that...same day, same time... wow yeah thats pretty much coincidence with having all that different time zones in mind and stuff. But sorry I smell Counter-Party.

So in conlusion there will always be someone out there with more friends then you that crashes your party. I even wondered what made people go to ther other as I call them "Counter-Party". Huge Laggy Room with Music that make ears bleed.

So yeah... obviously some things we are used to from the real world, dont apply in 3DX.

• Quality
  • Preparation
  • Straight Concept
  • Nice Atmosphere

It really doesent matter... All that matters is how many follower and supporters you have and the rest works itself out magically, no matter how hard you suck or dont. Its sad but it is what it is.

Limitations on clothing options in 3DX has been a complaint by many but  ii don't mind.   Peopl can still attain a somewhat unique look  but there waill always be doppelgangers to contend with.    In IMVU there is a huge catalog of  items to customize an avi.  creators can make items for sale there.   I had jewelry and skins and  200 pair of boots and heels along with  sooo many out fits i couldn;t keep track of my stuff.  i had  20 hairstyles and even commissioned creators to  make their hairstype with my hair color.

As you add  items to your avi , in IMVY, it loads up your avi with KBS that can tend to cause lag for people with lame lappys an puters.    this not good for a pleasing experiance for some and the ability to dress yourself up can tend to alienate them that are not rich and can not buy stuff in the IMVU catalog.

Here, with the limitations of outfits,. many of us look the same which tends to make the chat more important.  it levels the playing field.   makes us all equal so that it is our minds and wit that shine instead of our jewelry and tattoos LOL

post-16731-0-69783300-1515407711_thumb.png

post-16731-0-20741800-1515407732_thumb.png

post-16731-0-48230500-1515407785_thumb.png

post-16731-0-53346500-1515407799_thumb.png

post-16731-0-96032300-1515407886_thumb.png

post-16731-0-17546200-1515407912_thumb.png

post-16731-0-43418800-1515407940_thumb.png

post-16731-0-62264900-1515407959_thumb.png

post-16731-0-03041300-1515407975_thumb.png

post-16731-0-47536300-1515407991_thumb.png

post-16731-0-77491900-1515408004_thumb.png

post-16731-0-24795300-1515408024_thumb.png

post-16731-0-69673500-1515408037_thumb.png

post-16731-0-25063800-1515408056_thumb.png

post-16731-0-31974800-1515408119_thumb.png

post-16731-0-57244500-1515408136_thumb.png

post-16731-0-02578500-1515408166_thumb.png

post-16731-0-67569800-1515409538_thumb.png

post-16731-0-37941000-1515409694_thumb.png

post-16731-0-32118100-1515409707_thumb.png

post-16731-0-36713000-1515409759_thumb.png

post-16731-0-47845000-1515590558_thumb.png

post-16731-0-24356200-1515590630_thumb.png

post-16731-0-06780300-1515590646_thumb.png

post-16731-0-55130200-1515590676_thumb.png

post-16731-0-12390300-1515590738_thumb.png

DJ Etiquette

If you don't like the tunes  don't be an ass and try to make a scene in the room trying to diss someone who has taken the time and effort to do the mixxing and streaming stuff that costs money.   just perform a UDJI and leave.    UDJI = Ultimate DJ Insult

You only  show your own arrogance and childishness by making a point that most will probably NOT appreciate or agree to.  Not everyone likes the same genres.

And DJ's, don't be spewing your shit over mic trying to bolster you own insecurity and ego by blathering over the tunes.  and if you try to sing you  def not show professionalism and   appreciation for the artists tune you are spinning

If DJ's are in an event they should stay in the event and hear the other DJ's sets and support them and support the gig.    I saw a DJ once that spun and then went and opened a competing room after her gig cause she was all butt hurt because she didn't get the entire hour alloted to her

Stay within the limits of your time slot.    trim tunes in order to do so and have additional tunes incase the following DJ has stream issues

Before streaming, have your  stream running and tested and looping just prior to the transition so it is  seamless.  Provide a countdown  just before the last tune so the next DJ can be starting  precisely  so there are now gaps.   

A room host should NOT press play until the normal end of the song.   I use the Windows mixer to switch to 3DX sounds to hear the tunes everyone else is.   There is a 10 to 20 second lag   from your puter to the 3DX radio so start your stream at 20 seconds tp end and the room host will switch  when  the song ends and it should be seamless.  Transitions are a fine art and should be practiced and mastered to  prove mastery and professionalism.

after your set leave the Group chat that the host has set up so that you don't bother the coordination of the time slots and transitions,   The room hostess should have a group chat running ONLY for DJ's to aid transitions and coordination of streams

and while on the subject of Group chats,  It is extremely rude to be in a  group chat  blathering away and  not allow others to see your witty repartee.   It excludes others and is  offensive to the others in the room trying to keep local chat lively.  It is gang behavior and so constitutes thuggery.  perhaps a separate  diary entry is  warranted here.  My 4th divorce was due to a group chat  going on excluding my bestie who was  hosting the room.

First, if people want to use voice on a DJ set, then let them. If it is done well then it is a nice personal touch, in fact some of my favourite DJs in 3DX use voice.

Second, I think you are getting overly caught up in stuff like transitions between DJs. I never came to 3DX expecting to hear perfect professional DJs and perfect event planning. With experience, party planners and DJs get better at transitions and keeping events to time, but it is not worth losing sleep over. Some people want to just turn on their stream and play their favourite songs for an hours, and then you have the hobbyists who do things like beat matching, DJ drops and perfect sets that last 1 hour and seamlessly transition into the next DJ. Both have a place in 3DX. The thing that gets to me is when you have the “more pro” DJs and event planners being condescending towards the DJ who doesn’t care about all the nuances and just wants to play music.

Scheduling Partys.   

when scheduling a party in forums it is good to  post the DJ lineup and time slots so  it is understood how long the event will lasy so that it provides no conflictions

I agree that if you arrange events with the sole purpose of disrupting another event, then that is a dick move. However, you have to be careful not to jump to conclusions about people’s motives. An event that happened at the same time could have been planned before, and when you have an event with a few DJs then it is not as simple as just changing the date and time on a dime. Also, events can happily happen side by side. I have never understood why there is these stupid rivalries and bickering.

Lastly, you seem to have a lot of animosity towards OX and Lussian. I don’t have any ties to or affiliation with either, in fact I never hear about either anymore other than rumours. So maybe just let things go and move on?

TLDR; just have fun.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got done hosting an amazing 3 day  event and heard many great DJ's with an awesome variety of genres.   My fukking Tower crashed twice and i am pretty sure it is related to my mouse driver  interfering with some 3DX resource as 3DX was the only thing affected..   My mouse was flying because I had DJ's NOT showing up in a timely manner which freaked me out.   I was   seeking replacements  and scrambling on discord and 3DX seeking fill-ins.  i had many DJ's that wanted to spin so bad but the last minute time was NOT conducive to   these last minute scramblings.

I understand RL trumps  this amazing virtual world but  showing up 5 minutes before  a gig is sooo not cool   as it harshes dafuq out of me.  30 minutes before  gig is bad enough  as that is when i start scrambling trying to find replacements as a plan B.    Attendance should start  at least an hour before so i can group the next DJ.    

Hosted on my lappy the third day which was great because it is slow AF and does NOT  have the crash issue ever.   A DJ crash is devastating to room numbers.  I know room numbers are not what it is about but having  many personalitys in a room all blathering and having fun creates a vibe that is fun. Many people chatting in Local makes for a healthy scene and creates an environment that can be amazing.  and isn't that what we are all here for?

Ten hours a day transitioning 30 DJ's was the most fun and   I only had one gap of dead air when i  had  C&Ped the   wrong link for the next DJ.    otherwise timing went off perfectly.

Room numbers kept in the 30's and 40's the entire  3 days with some numbers hitting 50 to 60.   Keeping the room topped and spamming FL helped to  keep the room full  so my previous post was spot on with the entire event. It took me over an hour to spam my FL on my lappy however while it only takes me 10 minutes on my tower.   LOL

post-16731-0-26499200-1517319433_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Chapels I have for use.  but you got to seem them in person.      PM me and i will open them each for group for you and your intended to review.   each has a dance floor and pulpit /altar and   spots for the bridemaids and groomsmen with chairs  - OOlisa

Ayon chapel,

lisa chapel.

Mayhem  chapel,

WE forum chapel

post-16731-0-99900200-1518530022_thumb.png

post-16731-0-25473500-1518530072_thumb.png

post-16731-0-33781300-1518530108_thumb.png

post-16731-0-79697000-1518530122_thumb.png

post-16731-0-55454800-1518530153_thumb.png

post-16731-0-93706800-1518530170_thumb.png

post-16731-0-66622100-1518530468_thumb.png

post-16731-0-26817000-1518530477_thumb.png

post-16731-0-13524700-1518532832_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The new paradigm of rooms being ranked by room attendance is fukked up.   makes it so hard to get  randoms into your room because sheeple always  go to the top room. Lots of gold is needed to keep your room topped now so i 'spose that's why the devs did that  LOL.   Once you get a bunch of people your room will stay topped on the For All list so thats a nice touch if you can ever get there

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More DJ Etiquette

When in a gig or event,  Please do not run over time.   with many DJ's spinning  a small delay can escalate and cascade to DJ's who come after.    A schedule for time slots MUST be followed above all else.  a few minutes agreed to i not so troublesome as long as the following DJ  agrees to cut theirs short in order to accomodate the greater good..   To run over is disrespectful and arrogant and    must not be tolerated.   

I have cut my sets short many times  just to keep this sacred timing.   I am not your typical arrogant DJ who thinks their shit does NOT stink  because we all  have stinky poo's

I know it can be hard to develop a good 1 Hour set.  and it is sometimes  disconcerting to have to cut short an impressive setlist but get over it for the greater good of the party and following DJ's.

i was at a recent  event that had like 170 peple at one time.  a DJ  started a request  at the hour when her set was OVER.  I went postal.   and she has been reprimanded and dinged in the DJ group

.I can not stress how   bad that was because it  ripples downstream and affects following DJ's.   BAD BAD Form.   Keep the party about the Music and NOT ego.   The room host needs to be a nazi about time schedule and if a DJ ignores this should simply be cut off at the scheduled time.

'nuff said

• 2 months later...

This may be my last Forum entry as i seem to have been bad.  I have hurt someone i never intended to.   Its a fukking game and for some reason, in my brain, i get a kick from being naughty.  Im tweaked and twisted and never wanted my pixels to come  between my real feelings  for  this person and my  escitement from doing strange in this graphically awesome game.   Never get close peeps to the point that someone takes you seriously